Truly awful game.

Came on here to say im disappointed thus far.

I was disappointed with Horizon, everything was in place but I just wasn't having as much fun as I tried to convince myself I was. On reflection it was far better than my experience of MW.

Loved Hot Pursuit, this just doesn't hit my mark.

Now, for the best racer of 2012 and one of my fav's of all time....

Ridge Racer Unbounded. Period.

No one played it cos the sales figures were dire but I think people owe it to themselves to complete that game.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really no reasons why this game is "shit"....just saying it to say it. I enjoyed Horizons alot but this game was good too. Each has their own strengths. One is a SIMULATOR while the other is a over the top action racing game. Can you even tell the difference?

Forza Horizon is definitely not a simulator. It plays in the middle of NFS and Forza 4. It's a lot like PGR.

My only problem so far is it's too easy to crash and crashing isn't remotely fun. It takes some of the fun out of the game.

Forza Horizon is definitely not a simulator. It plays in the middle of NFS and Forza 4. It's a lot like PGR.

My only problem so far is it's too easy to crash and crashing isn't remotely fun. It takes some of the fun out of the game.

Forza is more simulator then action racer, don't get me wrong I enjoyed Forza....the game is beautiful.

really no reasons why this game is "shit"....just saying it to say it. I enjoyed Horizons alot but this game was good too. Each has their own strengths. One is a SIMULATOR while the other is a over the top action racing game. Can you even tell the difference?

Horizon is a lot closer to FM4 than NFS based on driving model.

And as for NFS MW 2012 well here is why its described using colourful words.

1. The elements it has from the original MW have had any character removed. Now we just get to race against a plain car with no human driver. We also do not have to work our butt off the unlock the ability to race against the MW cars.

2. The cop chases here are an absolute joke compared to the original MW, Carbon and Hot Pursuit.

Then we turn to the Burnout Paradise elements.

3. Where are the barrel rolls and flat spins. The stunts you can do here are mundane. I did enjoy doing jumps on the freeway in the Hennessey. Got up to 474 yards on one of the billboards but still nowhere near the fun I had in BP.

4. Online is horrendous here compared to BP. In BP you knew if you were doing co-op challenges or were racing against everyone. Here you have people taking you out when doing co-op. And the co-op challenges are nowwhere near as fun as the barrel rolls, flatspins etc from BP.

5. Anything in this game seems like a chore compared to BP.

6. The graphics in this game are that bad they are distracting.

7. Why oh why does stuff need to be put in the middle of the screen when we are trying to race or do other stuff.

I would and have played the original MW again rather than play this and I will do so with BP as well.

Horizon is a lot closer to FM4 than NFS based on driving model.

And as for NFS MW 2012 well here is why its described using colourful words.

1. The elements it has from the original MW have had any character removed. Now we just get to race against a plain car with no human driver. We also do not have to work our butt off the unlock the ability to race against the MW cars.

2. The cop chases here are an absolute joke compared to the original MW, Carbon and Hot Pursuit.

Then we turn to the Burnout Paradise elements.

3. Where are the barrel rolls and flat spins. The stunts you can do here are mundane. I did enjoy doing jumps on the freeway in the Hennessey. Got up to 474 yards on one of the billboards but still nowhere near the fun I had in BP.

4. Online is horrendous here compared to BP. In BP you knew if you were doing co-op challenges or were racing against everyone. Here you have people taking you out when doing co-op. And the co-op challenges are nowwhere near as fun as the barrel rolls, flatspins etc from BP.

5. Anything in this game seems like a chore compared to BP.

6. The graphics in this game are that bad they are distracting.

7. Why oh why does stuff need to be put in the middle of the screen when we are trying to race or do other stuff.

I would and have played the original MW again rather than play this and I will do so with BP as well.

This is all great...except it has nothing to do with Horizons....my point was people tend to compare the 2 games when they are not the same. Your original post didnt compare this MW too the original one.

Agreed, too bad the MP is dead. HP is the most fun MP...ever.

That's my only knock against this game is the MP.

Granted, they tried to do something different and it didn't work (IMO), but can we really fault them for at least trying?

How many of us complain when devs do the same thing over and over again and don't try things.

That's my only knock against this game is the MP.

Granted, they tried to do something different and it didn't work (IMO), but can we really fault them for at least trying?

How many of us complain when devs do the same thing over and over again and don't try things.

I honestly enjoy it. You can race and do the events or you can just crash into other people. I still feel Hot Pursuit was perfect, cops vs racers.

Been playing this for about an hour and a half or so. Have to say it's one of the worst games I've ever played. Taking the name from the original (Which I loved) I thought it would've been an updated version plus I heard it was a good game.

It feels like a stripped down version of Burnout: Paradise. Much like what Medal of Honor from Battlefield reminded me of. Different genres, but the comparison applies.

The game feels rushed in every department. No story telling, no personality in your driver or any of the top 10 Most Wanted, no great driving feel, no good graphics. Feels like a bad arcade cartoony racing game... The steering is absolutely terrible. Crashing becomes a pain in the tonsils, trying to evade the police after 20 minutes gets boring. Just feels like a washed out version of what was once a very good game. Feels like the prequel to the original Most Wanted to be honest.

From what I've read on this topic so far, someone speaks their OPINION on why they dislike it and a bunch of small minded idiots reply with why they're OPINION is wrong. (Which, by the way, can't happen since opinions are based on person perspective) So before anyone quotes me to say "OMG YOU DUN NO WHAT UR TALKIN BOUT!", please stop. This game is garbage, deal with it.

• 2 weeks later...
Been playing this for about an hour and a half or so. Have to say it's one of the worst games I've ever played. Taking the name from the original (Which I loved) I thought it would've been an updated version plus I heard it was a good game.

It feels like a stripped down version of Burnout: Paradise. Much like what Medal of Honor from Battlefield reminded me of. Different genres, but the comparison applies.

The game feels rushed in every department. No story telling, no personality in your driver or any of the top 10 Most Wanted, no great driving feel, no good graphics. Feels like a bad arcade cartoony racing game... The steering is absolutely terrible. Crashing becomes a pain in the tonsils, trying to evade the police after 20 minutes gets boring. Just feels like a washed out version of what was once a very good game. Feels like the prequel to the original Most Wanted to be honest.

From what I've read on this topic so far, someone speaks their OPINION on why they dislike it and a bunch of small minded idiots reply with why they're OPINION is wrong. (Which, by the way, can't happen since opinions are based on person perspective) So before anyone quotes me to say "OMG YOU DUN NO WHAT UR TALKIN BOUT!", please stop. This game is garbage, deal with it.

funny....you speak of being able to have your own opinion on a game and how you should be able to express it without anyone replying to it, then in the same breath you tell us the game is "garbage" and we have to "deal with it"...

LOL....you might want to practice what you preach.

So after finally finishing off the story mode as well as all the collectables in this game, i have to say the game is actually pretty good but can piss you off to no end. the events are all pretty easy with the exception of a few of them, which is something that i have noticed has become more and more common with the NFS series as a whole. the security gates are awful to find when you get close to getting them all. if there was a map in-game like the billboards and speed cams it would have made them a lot easier and a lot less painful to grind for hours looking for 1 or 2 gates.

as for the multiplayer of this game, i have only played for about a couple hours or so but i have to say its not very fun. most people only seem to play multiplayer just to wreck the other players and not actually play the game. also to unlock the mods in multiplayer are just a pain in the ass and seem to require even more grinding.

overall, to me, the game is actually pretty good but there are a few things that could be changed or fixed that would make it better. the biggest one to me is the crash scenes. i know Criterion is know for their crash sequences but they seem to take away from the game. if there was a way to turn them off, it would, to me, make the game a little more enjoyable. lastly, i am not trashing the game but i think that NFS has taken a major downturn since Pro Street and the Underground series and i wish they could go back to those style games.

I was really disappointed with this after really enjoying NFS Hot Pursuit. I thought they nailed it with that game.

Most Wanted is too much of a free-for-all. I realize that's what they were going but I didn't click for me. Once I found the best cars and won all their events I couldn't care less about driving the other vehicles.

I also found the city to very unimpressive and impossible to navigate without using waypoints. I logged many hours but I never really learned the area at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Agreed, this is a bad game, if your thinking of buying this game, browsing the forums. I wouldnt bother buying this, go for Split Second instead, far superior, about £6 now. Way too many issues and annoyances to make this game credible and any fun at all. It is a 99 %Burnout game not a Need for Speed game also. Save yourself Money and getting Annoyed and AVOID THIS LIKE THE PLAGUE.

is it realy that been thinking about picking it up

Try the demo and see it for yourself. I personally really enjoy the game, just like I enjoyed Criterion's Hot Pursuit and Burnout Paradise. Sure, there's no story and such but I personally couldn't care less about it. Driving is very similar to Hot Pursuit. The crash cam can be annoying after a while but you can find annoyances with every game.