Challenge Discussion

Anybody have any tips for these challenges? The "extract 100 soldiers" one seems tedious. I have a checkpoint at the very start of Ground Zeroes where I have two guards knocked out and a third one nearby to knock out. Since it takes nearly a minute for the helicopter arrive, it's not exactly going very quickly, but I can reload the checkpoint after I load the three enemies onto the chopper. Is there a faster way to get this? I planned on knocking everybody out and then calling the chopper, but they wake up too fast for that.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the start of Ground Zeroes, each time you run through the first locked door, the game saves. I knocked out four people at the very beginning - the guy in the tower, the two talking guards and the guard that drives by. After I knocked them out, I went and carried their bodies right next to the cliff, where I can throw a flare and put them on the helicopter.

One of the four guards vanished. So I think three per reload is the best that I can do. At least this time, all of the guards are already knocked out and they're right next to where the helicopter lands. I just put them on the helicopter and reload my checkpoint, since the challenge progress doesn't require you to save.

How do you stop the alarm from going off in Ground Zeroes? They always seem to discover that Chico and Paz are missing from their cells. I got "S" rank on normal, but if I look at my play records, it says I have zero "total stealth, no-kill completions", which I think is what I need to get the Like a Boss Challenge.

Crows are flying on the daylight side missions. I'm not sure if they're flying in the rain during Ground Zeroes, but even if they were, they'd be harder to see.

Thanks I got it in the first side-ops Eliminate the Renegade Threat. I just wish there would be any in-game rewards like in other games!

How do you stop the alarm from going off in Ground Zeroes? They always seem to discover that Chico and Paz are missing from their cells. I got "S" rank on normal, but if I look at my play records, it says I have zero "total stealth, no-kill completions", which I think is what I need to get the Like a Boss Challenge.

Put all the guards that patrol those areas to sleep.

I'm pretty sure I did. I rescue Paz first and then Chico. Right after I rescue Chico is when the alarms ring. Does it spawn additional guards at Paz? Do I need to rescue Chico first?

some new guards spawn and go check the holding cells paz and chico were in a little while after you take them out of the holding cell.

some new guards spawn and go check the holding cells paz and chico were in a little while after you take them out of the holding cell.
I've done the mission some six times now. They always happen to find that Paz is missing as soon as I talk to Chico. I don't think time has anything to do with it. Cutscenes create spawns in this game. I think I'll have to rescue Chico first.

Although it seems for Like a Boss, you can't even enter reflex mode. You can't let anyone see you. That's... too hard for my blood, for the time being.

I beat Ground Zeroes without triggering an alarm. Total Stealth, No-Kill Completions is still at zero. I'm pretty sure that stat is tied to Like a Boss, and if I'm right, that means every mission has to be beat without reflex mode. You can destroy cameras. But you can't be seen.

Edit: I just got a total stealth, no-kill completion on Intel Operative Rescue. That mission is the opposite of stealth, but since I didn't kill anybody, it gave it to me anyway. I'm becoming increasingly convinced that the stat in question is tied to Like a Boss, and that "without being seen" includes the reflex mode alerts.

You don't need to S rank the missions. I was wrong about that. You can take your sweet time. But getting this done without reflex mode is going to be... challenging for me.

Edited by The Huntsman

I beat Ground Zeroes without triggering an alarm. Total Stealth, No-Kill Completions is still at zero. I'm pretty sure that stat is tied to Like a Boss, and if I'm right, that means every mission has to be beat without reflex mode. You can destroy cameras. But you can't be seen.

Same. I can reach Chico literally without being seen or entering Reflex Mode, but I always goof up on the way to the LZ with Paz. This is a pretty tough challenge but at least we have a long time to practice.

I'm going to try it again by rescuing Paz first. I have a method to sneak Paz out of there easily, but if you rescue Chico first, the guards outside change their patrol and there is a tank monitoring the area. I'll try to knock everybody out in the area, but I'm pretty sure rescuing Chico causes guards to spawn in Paz's area and discover she's missing.

Occam's razor, baby. Ring-a-ding-ding. If you get caught in reflex mode, just reload a checkpoint. You don't need to S rank Like a Boss. You can get caught as much as you want. Just reload a checkpoint. I got "total stealth, no-kill completion" on Ground Zeroes Normal. Each time I went into reflex mode, I just reloaded. Had a dozen restarts by the end but I got what I was looking for.

This challenge just went from being next to impossible to being mildly annoying.

I noticed restarting checkpoints three times didn't affect my no alerts/kills Ground Zeroes run, but I never put two and two together about the Like a Boss challenge and Reflex Mode. That's a good point actually! Still rough, but completely doable with enough practice, or more specifically, patience :dance:

Edited by GrislyGrizzly

I'm making good progress on my total stealth, no-kill completions. I haven't done the last mission on either difficulty, and still need to do the anti-air mission on hard as well as the one where you start in the truck.

On the truck one, I'm a bit perplexed. How do I complete this on hard? The cassette is being monitored by a camera, and on hard, you don't have a silenced gun. The tranq gun can't damage cameras. I tried knocking a guard out and using his gun to destroy the camera, but the sound of gunfire instantly alerted everybody to my presence.

Do one of the armories have a silenced gun or some such thing?

I'm making good progress on my total stealth, no-kill completions. I haven't done the last mission on either difficulty, and still need to do the anti-air mission on hard as well as the one where you start in the truck.

On the truck one, I'm a bit perplexed. How do I complete this on hard? The cassette is being monitored by a camera, and on hard, you don't have a silenced gun. The tranq gun can't damage cameras. I tried knocking a guard out and using his gun to destroy the camera, but the sound of gunfire instantly alerted everybody to my presence.

Do one of the armories have a silenced gun or some such thing?

I was just playing that level on hard. At the top of the ladder go to the left and shoot the camera through the window. I did it twice while unlocking the trials and one of the two times no one saw me so it's not foolproof but it seems better than doing it from the doorway which has gotten me immediatley spotted every time.

I was just playing that level on hard. At the top of the ladder go to the left and shoot the camera through the window. I did it twice while unlocking the trials and one of the two times no one saw me so it's not foolproof but it seems better than doing it from the doorway which has gotten me immediatley spotted every time.
Yeah, I managed to figure out that trick as well. The guards kept going into alert. It was kind of funny. I rode the truck in, knocked the guard out, shot the camera and grabbed the tape, and then kicked the guard to wake him up. Hid back in his truck and he drove me out.

Anyway, Like a Boss popped for me. I was correct. You need to have 1 "Total Stealth, No-Kill Completion" in every mission on both normal and hard.