Achievement Guide

Ninja x360a

Hey, there hasn't been a guide up yet, so I figured I'd start one :D Now that the achievements finally unlock properly, here we go.

Road Map:

Overview

+ Estimated achievement difficulty: 7/10 (varies depending on skill)

+ Offline: 5 (100)

+ Online: 0(0)

+ Approximate time: Around 3 hours (varies depending on skill)

+ Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 2 (1 if your partner can start on Pro)

+ Glitched achievements: For some reason, you might get the 3 Agitator kills after the 2nd kill.

+ Cheats: No Cheats

Step 1: Amateur Playthrough

I'd recomend starting on Amateur and playing through it solo, and taking your partners weapon away from him/her. That allows you to get the 150 kills by yourself. Then, you also want to follow the steps to kill all of the Agitator Majini. If you get the 150 kills, and don't spend too much time, you should get the "S" rank as well. As well as getting the achievement for completing it. 4/5 achievements done already.

Step 2: Veteren Playthrough

Once you finish step 1, get a good partner and go through it on Veteren to unlock Professional difficulty. It's not reccomened to to kill all 3 Agitator Majini's or try to "S" rank, but if you want, you can skip step 1 and start on Veteren.

Step 3: Professional Playthrough

Again, if you want, you can get someone to invite you to a game to get all the achievement in 1 playthrough, but that may be very difficult ;) Just go through on Professional, and you're all done :D

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/456/UPp8tQY=.jpgGetaway - 15:gsicon:

Complete "Desperate Escape" on any difficulty setting.

Do just as it says, complete Desperate Escape on any difficulty. Can be done in Singleplayer of Co-op. If you want to unlock Professional, complete it on Veteren, to have the least playthroughs.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/456/UPucTZU=.jpgThe Great Escape - 15:gsicon:

Complete "Desperate Escape" with an S rank.

Not too terribly difficult, just don't miss your target much, kills as much as possible, and run through it fairly fast.

Getting this with "Way of the Warrior" works well, because most of the time if you get 150 kills, then you an get "S" rank, if your accuracy is decent. I had and "S" rank on 4 of the 5 things, and an "A" on accuracy. I'm fairly sure that 3 "S" ranks and 2 "A" ranks would do it.

EDIT: In order to get an "S" rank, at the end, your total score has to equal 80,000 or greater. So if you do not too good in one area, but REALLY good in another, it still works.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/456/UP4+pmw=.jpgRun the Gauntlet - 40:gsicon:

Complete "Desperate Escape" on Professional.

To unlock Professional you need to complete Desperate Escape on Veteren. Or you can join someones game who is already playing on Professional.

Works best in Co-op, since the A.I. isn't the best partner.

Alright, now it sounds silly to make a guide on each area specifically, snice my general stragety was to just run, and kill what's only ABSOLUTELY neccesary.

End Stragety

Alright. to start out, you should definetly have 1) a shotgun with ammo and 2) a sniper rilfe, with ammo, of course. (Well, if you get the same enemy spawn I did.) Start out by running into that little building that has the 2 machine gun ammo's and the 1 shotgun ammo, pick them up, but be careful as it's very dangerous, may take a few tries to get it right. After that, run over to the area near the elevator, and jump up to the top. Stay on the left side (left if you are looking out towards where you came from, above the elevator) The guy with the shotgun looks straight out and shoots the guys that jump up, knocking them off. A pistol works too but does less damage, and you can only shoot 1 at a time. The guy the the machine gun looks out over the bridge, and as guys run across it, shoot the in the legs, beware of leg armor, and then run up to them and press :xbut: to finish them off, conserving ammo.

Around 4 minutes left, for me, a Red Executioner spawned from the elevator, also, guys with guns also spawn. One will spawn across the bridge, and the other with spawn on top of containers if you look straight out. They don't always spawn when the Red Executioner spawns, but they always spawn in same locations. When the Executioner jumps up, run across the bridge, and primarily the shotgun will take him out, with the machine gun guy covering his sides. A sniper rifle also helps here. Carefull as the Executioner will blow up, delivering damage to you, and sometimes a guy will come up the ladder to your right that explodes too.

At about 2 minutes left, when Doug comments on he will be right there, a Reaper will jump down right on the other side of the bridge. Back up as far as you can, having the shotgun guy covering the side, the rifle guy shoots the Reaper when its chest opens up and you can see the gold/white/yellow thing. It stuns him, and another colored weak spot will pop up, shoot that as well with the rifle, and it may kill him or another one will pop out somewhere. Shoot them 2 or 3 times with the rifle and he is dead.

However, another Reaper may spawn, but take the same steps to take him out, or run if neccesary. A good spot to hide for a bit is the corner straight ahead and to your left when you jump down, a box is in that corner. Another Red Executioner will spawn too, but I do not reccomend killing this one, unless you're going for points... Still don't haha. Most likely you are low on ammo, and your bes stragety is to run to that corner I mentioned, wait a bit, then keep running back up top, then to corner, and so on. You will have to shoot some things though... but yea. Wait the whole 7 minutes or so and the 40g will be yours too! ;)

**The enemy spawn is just a certain one for the one I wrote about.**

**The weapons I have listed are just suggestions, they are in no way needed, and you many not even obtain them throughout the playthrough. It's random.**

If you need help on a certain section, feel free to ask for help and I can make a guide on that section, but mostly I'd say just run and hope for the best haha :D

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/456/UP-eXv8=.jpgWay of the Warrior - 15:gsicon:

Defeat 150 enemies singlehandedly in one playthrough of "Desperate Escape."

Easily done on Amateur. Just take your partner's weapon away from him right at the start. (Press :ybut: to bring up the item menu, then :rbbut: to see your partners, and choose request the weapon from him/her) Then just kill everything you see, you shouldn't run out of ammo, and it'll unlock before the end of the level. Getting this achievement is also a good way to get "The Great Escape".

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/456/UP3-V0o=.jpgShoot the Messenger - 15:gsicon:

Defeat 3 Agitator Majini in one playthrough of "Desperate Escape."

Alright, I am now positive on how to get this one.The Agitator Majini are the ones that carry around the white megaphone, and it shows a cutscene of them appearing. The Big Man Majini with a megaphone does not count. Best done on Amateur.

1) In the first area, make sure to kill everyone! And you may be sitting there a while, but keep going until you are 100% sure that no one else is in the area. Make sure to climb up the ladder that leads to a room with a safe in it, and to check the other room with a safe. And also check the bathroom area. (a weapon usually spawns in there too :D) It is rumored that you have to climb up all 3 ladders, so just go ahead and do that, just in case. And don't touch the door until the enemies are gone. Then when you go through the door, wait to climb up the Co-op ladder, and kill the guys that jump down. When that is done, Co-op jump up the ladder, a cutscene should happen and run back to the original area to find the Agitator.

2) In the area with the 2 rocket launcher turrets, when Jill has to co-op jump up a ladder and go around to let Josh in. Do not let Josh in just yet. Same as before, just kill, kill, kill. It may seem endless, but guys will eventually stop jumping down. When at the 2 rocket launcher turrets, if you look straight across, there are some enemies up there on that platform that you need to kill. That is also where the Agitator will spawn eventually. Use either a sniper of the turret to take him out.

3) At the end area, where you have to survive. Make sure to just keep killing for the whole time, and remember once you run out of time from the first 5 minutes, it will raise up to 2:30 again., so don;t panic if you dont get the achievement before then. Be sure to kill ALL of the enemies that spawn out of the elevator, and be sure to also kill the guys that jump down (like the Reaper thing, with the arms and slashes you) For me, on Amateur, it was Red Executioner from the elevator, Reaper, Red Executioner, then the Agitator spawned with around 20 to 30 seconds left the 2nd time. Be sure to kill him right away, as you don;t have much time, and kill the thing that pops out of his head. Flash grenades work well on the things that pop out of heads. A tip is to put proximety mines in front of the elevator, so when the enemies walk out of the elevator they hit them and get hurt. I stay in that area in front of the elevator, the has the openning, and the window to the right when looking towards the elevator.

If more help is needed, apparently this link also helps:

http://achievementhunter.com/archive/?sid=ah&id=1155

For further help on Desperate Escape achievements, feel free to message me ;)

Edited by Ninja x360a

I don't think the big guy counts. The agitators you need to kill are usually introduced into the game by a short cutscene, so you will what you should aim for.

EDIT: For the Ranking, I got 3 S and 2 B and still managed to have an overall ranking S. I assume it has some to do with the score and >80k qualifies an S.

Edited by JieXY

"Shoot the Messenger"

Remember you must wait and kill all the guys in the beginning to get him to show up, but i think theirs another guy between number 1 and 2 because i got it after killing the second guy with the turrets. ( Maybe the big guy counts...)

Found a really good video, I did exactly what it said and I got all three to show up, just make sure you kill fast at the finale, because the first time i did it Agitator #3 showed up with only 6 seconds left. But the good part is, you can do it on Amateur. Contrary to beliefs that 3 only show up on vet or pro. So yeah, hope this helps:

http://achievementhunter.com/archive/?sid=ah&id=1155

I don't think the big guy counts. The agitators you need to kill are usually introduced into the game by a short cutscene, so you will what you should aim for.

EDIT: For the Ranking, I got 3 S and 2 B and still managed to have an overall ranking S. I assume it has some to do with the score and >80k qualifies an S.

It is definitely based on final score rather than how many S ranks you had. When playing Lost in Nightmares with a friend we got a C rank in both Damage and I think Accuracy, but blew Score out of the water because we shot all the score stars and killed every hook man (we even squished two of them with one block in the crank room). If you go with a standard grade scale (S=6, A=5, B=4, etc.) then 3 S's and 2 C's would come out to an A (if rounding up). But, we had like 84k points, so we got an S.

"Shoot the Messenger"

Remember you must wait and kill all the guys in the beginning to get him to show up, but i think theirs another guy between number 1 and 2 because i got it after killing the second guy with the turrets. ( Maybe the big guy counts...)

The big guy does not count. Only the ones that show up in a cut scene count, and it's the ones listed.

thanx for the guide! been trying to get that shoot the messenger achievement. this should help. for some reason in all of RE5 i always seem to get an s rank more easily on normal then on easy. dont know why tho. thanx again!:Bounce:
Lol maybe Amateur is just TOO easy for you ;)

Best of luck on the Shoot the Messenger achievement, if need be, follow the link to a video guide at achievementhunter. If all else fails, you can always contact me.

I've followed the Rooster Teeth exactly and straight at the beginning I hit a problem, or at least I think it's a problem. I wait to kill all the Manjini before I get the key and open the door, when I'm past the door, no more manjini come off the roofs until I climb up the co-op ladder, but when I DO climb up the ladder I don't get the cutscene

I've followed the Rooster Teeth exactly and straight at the beginning I hit a problem, or at least I think it's a problem. I wait to kill all the Manjini before I get the key and open the door, when I'm past the door, no more manjini come off the roofs until I climb up the co-op ladder, but when I DO climb up the ladder I don't get the cutscene
Hey, I know you ;)

I know that sometimes enemies don't jump off the roof, since there is different enemy spaws sometimes. A few things to ask yourself:

1) Did you run around for a bit to check EVERY place an enemy could be, and look around?

2) Did you climb up each of the 3 ladders?

3) Did you break all the barrels?

4) Did you wait to examine the door?

Or you could always message me online and I could give you a hand :D

I missed the Way of the Warrior achievement by 5 enemies... 5 f*cking enemies...
Yea? So go do it again. Just take the gun away from your partner and kill. In the first area plenty of enemies will keep spawning if you don't open the gate. And in the area with the 2 rocket turrets up top enemies will also keep spawning for a while. And other parts too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...