I Don't normally say this about a game but...

stevedb79

I have to say this has got to be the biggest waste of my £40 this year, what a load of crap, I am gutted, The graphics are poor the jumping is so bad (you bounce about 10 ft back if your little toe hits the edge of the platform) the shooting is.....well you get the drift, in short this game would have been great, if.....it had come out 12 years ago, if you have not brought this yet wait till it becomes a bargain bin game....Just SOOOOOOOOO GUTTTTTED, at least with Mindjack I only paid a fiver for it, now I'm gonna have to complete this shit just to get my money's worth :(:(:(

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the duke nukem games is awsome

anybody else think that the duke nukem achevments are easy relpy if so

duke is so awsome there isnt a word to describe him

im here to kick ass and chew gum...... and im all outta gum

im rip your eyeball out and piss on your brain you alien dirt bag

Edited by CovertDog

im here to kick ass and chew gum...... and im all outta gum

do you by any chance need to build up your post numbers, 5 useless posts in a row, go and get a life and come back when you've got something good to say....noob

to the other posts so far, it is each to their own but to be honest the people I've spoken to on my friends list etc have also voiced some sort of disappointment, but...well it's upto the you guys, this was just my opinion, Of course theres not going to be many other game "haters" on this forum.

I really hope you enjoy it but, well, me I'm more than disappointed :(

Edited by stevedb79
had to edit in the time i wrote this twinbobterrors wrote more useless crap on here so had to up the number of posts

Im really enjoying it so far.

Okay theres no way it could live up to 14 years of development- no game could;and granted its not pushing any boundaries.

As foir the graphics being poor? Cant say I agree with you there- its an Unreal Engined game and it looks good for what it is IMO

But that isnt what Duke Nukem is about- its about a fun shooter experience which it is.

Ive put about 8 hours in so far and have honestly loved every minute of it

do you by any chance need to build up your post numbers, 5 useless posts in a row, go and get a life and come back when you've got something good to say....noob

to the other posts so far, it is each to their own but to be honest the people I've spoken to on my friends list etc have also voiced some sort of disappointment, but...well it's upto the you guys, this was just my opinion, Of course theres not going to be many other game "haters" on this forum.

I really hope you enjoy it but, well, me I'm more than disappointed :(

I agree, the game is utter shite !

could have and should have been so much more.

Waste of the Duke name TBH.

Craig

I'm in the 'this game is poor' camp too I'm affraid.

There is a difference between a good game and a fun game. Sure duke can be fun, but its far from being quality.

There are more to games than the graphics, but duke looks so poor its difficult to look past that. I can only come to the conclusion that stevie boy a couple of posts up doesn't play many games because duke in parts looks attrocious. The character model of the president when you meet him on the dam is laughable, he looks like he's been in a fire.

Wow..why not just comment in one of the threads already made about negative feedback on this game instead of making another wasted topic?

WOW...why don't you go and make a waste of time comment on another thread, theres plenty more out there!......

I personally love this game. Although the engine feels somewhat "outdated" i feel it added to the roughness of duke nukem in general. I got the balls of steel collectors edition and couldnt be happier. comedy, many refferences to other games, movies and people.

I will emphasise, not the best game engine nor graphics. But i felt it added to the old school duke nukem games.

Hail to the king baby!

I downloaded the game for PC to try it out before i purchase it on June 14th. Honestly i loved it. I will say though my experience with the PC version was WAAAYYYYYY better than the xbox version it ran smoother the GFX looked better just a better game all around. I wanna switch to PC version now but i want those achievements maybe ill just buy both.

Edited by GILLHUHN

I agree that this game blows. It's a shame because I'm a duke fan. The jumping is hair-rippingly bad. The game is far more linear than Duke 3D, the loading times make the game barely playable, not to mention the boring claustrophobic nature of the gameplay. Walk into a blocked off area, kill a wave of enemies, blocked area opens up, walk down another corridor rinse and repeat. Just killed the battlelord in vegas and meh, not fun whatsoever. The humour is great, the gameplay sucks.

I dont get where people are posting about horrible graphics etc... seriously i think the detail/graphics on my copy are pretty good. Sure they aint gonna be on par to gears or cod but still id give them 7/10 aside from that its the gameplay that i like the most, finally an adult game where it isnt censored etc.. finally the game is actually a challenge.

As stated by other people games nowadays are not hard, too many developers want to pamper gamers for sales . This is old school, hard.. frustrating when you die...alot... thats why i love it.

Just a suggestion...

If you have an opinion about this game, maybe indicate whether or not you played the original WHEN IT CAME OUT. I think it might be that those who weren't playing then, might not appreciate what duke brings to the table. I myself remember modem to modem play on this game and had a blast. Any similar experiences?

Just a suggestion...

If you have an opinion about this game, maybe indicate whether or not you played the original WHEN IT CAME OUT. I think it might be that those who weren't playing then, might not appreciate what duke brings to the table. I myself remember modem to modem play on this game and had a blast. Any similar experiences?

I'm 29 years old, I played Doom when it originally came out. Real duke fans should realize how bad this game is compared to Duke 3D. DN3D changed FPS games forever, this.. this is a Halo clone except in tight corridors instead of big expansive levels.

I don't think the game is poor, but after all the hype I expected something much, much better than this. The game has its good moments, and if I'm honest I'm having more fun playing Duke Nukem single player than I did with CoD MW2/BO campaigns (not that that's saying much, they were pretty dire).