Benhart & Lucatiel Trophies Guide [spoilers]

ShortySean08

http://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/games/762ba3/trophies/32Le4b752.png http://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/games/762ba3/trophies/34L1d741d.png

So the information around these achievements is very loose and some people don't seem to understand what's up with them so I figured I'd make a post explaining how to obtain them in a straight forward manner.

Both achievements require you to speak to that character each time you meet them at specific areas and exhaust their dialogue options, and also require you to have summoned them into 3 boss fights and ensure that they survive until after the boss has been killed. Then you have to return to their very last location where they can be spoken to, and they will part with their equipment and bestow you those lovely achievements. Both characters have different locations and summon locations.

DIALOGUE LOCATIONS

Benhart:

• Majula (before un-petrifying Rosalith)
  • Majula (After un-petrifying Rosalith)
  • Drangleic Castle (Central Castle Drangleic bonfire, after double dragonrider)
  • Forest of Fallen Giants (Behind Pursuer boss area)
  • Memory of Orro (Resting giant behind Pursuer boss area, speak to him here after 3 fights to obtain gear/achievement)

Lucatiel:

• No Man's Wharf (Unseen Path to Heide bonfire)
  • The Lost Bastille (Inside tower shortly after The Tower Apart bonfire, accessed after Pursuer fight)
  • Earthen Peak (Lower Earthen Peak bonfire)
  • Black Gulch (Below Black Gulch Mouth bonfire, hard to access, will add pictures if people have trouble finding)
  • Aldia's Keep (Foregarden bonfire, speak to her here after 3 fights to obtain gear/achievement)

SUMMONING LOCATIONS

Benhart:

• Prowling Magus boss (Sign in a tent near Royal Army Encampment Bonfire)
  • Looking Glass Knight boss (Sign to the left of fog door)
  • The Giant Lord boss (Sign in the Memory of Jeigh, next to the crumbled staircase right upon entering, possibly only after exhausting every dialogue option so far)
  • Throne Protectors (Sign right outside the fog door)

Lucatiel:

• Flexile Sentry Boss (Sign in the shortcut house mid-way through no-mans wharf)
  • Lost Sinner Boss (Sign at the bottom of elevator before the boss)
  • Smelter Demon Boss (Sign right outside fog door)
  • The Rotten Boss (Black Gulch bonfire "Hidden Chamber", sign is near the bonfire, possibly only after conversing with Lucatiel in black gulch)

To obtain these two achievements, you must speak to the respective NPC in EVERY location, and have them survive through THREE fights. This means they must be alive at the end of the fight to get credit from them. It is definitely three, because for Lucatiel I skipped Smelter Demon and got the armor from her in Aldia Keep anyway, and I never even stepped foot in the Throne Watchers with Benhart and got his armor set after killing the Giant Lord.

For an easy guide, I'll simply list what order I personally made to get both achievements in a single playthrough;

Ez Guides;

Lucatiel:

Speak to her in No-Man's Wharf. Summon her and kill Flexile Sentry. Talk to her in Lost Bastille. Summon her to kill Lost Sinner. Talk to her in Earthen Keep. Talk to her in Black Gulch. Summon her for The Rotten. Speak to her in Aldia's Keep, ACHIEVEMENT GET.

Benhart:

Speak to him in Majula before using branch on Rosalith, Speak to him AFTER using branch on Rosalith, Summon him for Prowling Magus fight, Talk to him in Drangleic Castle, Summon him for Looking Glass Knight. Talk to him outside Memory of Orro, Speak to him inside Memory of Orro (then finish that memory). Summon him for The Giant Lord. Return to Memory of Orro and speak, ACHIEVEMENT GET.

As a side note, Making these guys stay alive as phantoms through a boss fight is phenomenally easy for every fight but smelter demon. I used a strength tank build, using a broadsword+10, un-upgraded Drangleic Shield and whatever most protective armor I could get without going into fat roll. Then the most vital piece of equipment is the amazing Redeye Ring.

http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/file/view/redeye%20ring.png/495973796/redeye%20ring.png

You can purchase this ring from Sweet Shalquoir (The cat in Majula) for next to nothing. Although the ring's description is slightly ambiguous, it actually works as a giant taunt. Enemies will FOCUS you. It's amazing not only for tanking as a sunbro, but also for ensuring that your npc summons WILL NOT die, as the bosses will be focusing you with a seriously angerous intent. As mentioned this works perfect for Sun-broing, I was tanking the Ruin Sentinels for people all last night and the bosses barely ever switch target.

This makes every boss do-able with NPC summons, all but Smelter Demon. His AOE damage kills Lucatiel fast enough, unless you can out damage him, but on top of this he seemed to be the only boss that would actually ignore my ring and periodically go straight for Lucatiel (hence why I left him out.)

Apologies for the bad formatting, I'm not good at this stuff, but I hope it will serve some people use.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. I wish I had known this before fighting The Rotten, as I couldn't find Lucatiel to summon her...I have tried the Smelter Demon twice with her and failed so it looks like I will have to do her quest in NG+

By the way I heard that you can re-do boss fights using a bonfire acsetic in the area, can anyone confirm if this is true? I have used one before in an area I'd already cleared the boss, but it didn't respawn - just made nearby enemies tougher. Probably too good to be true...

Thanks. I wish I had known this before fighting The Rotten, as I couldn't find Lucatiel to summon her...I have tried the Smelter Demon twice with her and failed so it looks like I will have to do her quest in NG+

By the way I heard that you can re-do boss fights using a bonfire acsetic in the area, can anyone confirm if this is true? I have used one before in an area I'd already cleared the boss, but it didn't respawn - just made nearby enemies tougher. Probably too good to be true...

It can be done with a Bonfire Ascetic - as I used one myself to get Jugo to the Prowling Magus fight and Lucatiel to the Flexile Swordsman fight. In hindsight I needn't have bothered as I could have done the achievement in NG+ (as you need to complete NG++ to get all spells anyway unless you want to grind invasion kills). But it is certainly an option. Just make sure you are using it on the right bonfire.

In terms of The Rotten, you have to speak to Lucatiel in a hidden area on a ledge you drop to just after the first bonfire in that area. Then, just before the mist door if you go right and follow the wall it will lead to a ledge. Follow this to a hidden bonfire - her sign is in here.

Be warned that if you do this the enemies will be stronger and there may be new foes you hadn't seen before - plus bosses tend to be tougher to kill as well. On the plus side it also causes most treasure (that was on corpses or in wooden chests) to reappear too.

Also note that if you then go onto NG+ the areas where you used a Bonfire Ascetic will then be at NG++ level, and so on for each playthrough. So I'd only do it in one or two areas max to make your life easier.

Edited by jackanape

It can be done with a Bonfire Ascetic - as I used one myself to get Jugo to the Prowling Magus fight and Lucatiel to the Flexile Swordsman fight. In hindsight I needn't have bothered as I could have done the achievement in NG+ (as you need to complete NG++ to get all spells anyway unless you want to grind invasion kills). But it is certainly an option. Just make sure you are using it on the right bonfire.

In terms of The Rotten, you have to speak to Lucatiel in a hidden area on a ledge you drop to just after the first bonfire in that area. Then, just before the mist door if you go right and follow the wall it will lead to a ledge. Follow this to a hidden bonfire - her sign is in here.

Be warned that if you do this the enemies will be stronger and there may be new foes you hadn't seen before - plus bosses tend to be tougher to kill as well. On the plus side it also causes most treasure (that was on corpses or in wooden chests) to reappear too.

Also note that if you then go onto NG+ the areas where you used a Bonfire Ascetic will then be at NG++ level, and so on for each playthrough. So I'd only do it in one or two areas max to make your life easier.

Hmmm...ok here is what I've just done - went back to the first bonfire at Black Gulch and dropped down to speak to her, she was there as I never found her the first time. I went back to the first bonfire and used the ascetic - the enemies were tougher for sure and I actually died once but the mist was not there when I got to the boos door. So did I mess up by getting killed? Or did I use the wrong bonfire?

I don't know if I have another ascetic to use anyway so I might need to leave her quest line until NG+. Like you say I'm going to have to play through to NG++ anyway, just thought I could get it out of the way but seemed to have failed miserably!

Hmmm...ok here is what I've just done - went back to the first bonfire at Black Gulch and dropped down to speak to her, she was there as I never found her the first time. I went back to the first bonfire and used the ascetic - the enemies were tougher for sure and I actually died once but the mist was not there when I got to the boos door. So did I mess up by getting killed? Or did I use the wrong bonfire?

I don't know if I have another ascetic to use anyway so I might need to leave her quest line until NG+. Like you say I'm going to have to play through to NG++ anyway, just thought I could get it out of the way but seemed to have failed miserably!

I suspect you used the wrong bonfire - as there is a bonfire literally right next to the boss door, which is also the spot where you summon Lucatiel. So that is where the Ascetic should be used. It seems pointless for them to have put two bonfires in such a small area but there you go. You can buy Ascetic's from a few of the merchants but I wouldn't make the game any harder than it needs to be - as you can head through that area again on another playthrough.

I didn't mind using an ascetic in No-Mans Wharf or the Royal Army camp - as I can skip the Wharf entirely by fighting The Pursuer to get to Lost Bastille, and the camp and Prowling Magus fight are pretty easy to do regardless. But I decided not to use one for the Lost Sinner fight as that was a pain to begin with and I didn't want to amp it up anymore for subsequent plays.

I suspect you used the wrong bonfire - as there is a bonfire literally right next to the boss door, which is also the spot where you summon Lucatiel. So that is where the Ascetic should be used. It seems pointless for them to have put two bonfires in such a small area but there you go. You can buy Ascetic's from a few of the merchants but I wouldn't make the game any harder than it needs to be - as you can head through that area again on another playthrough.

I didn't mind using an ascetic in No-Mans Wharf or the Royal Army camp - as I can skip the Wharf entirely by fighting The Pursuer to get to Lost Bastille, and the camp and Prowling Magus fight are pretty easy to do regardless. But I decided not to use one for the Lost Sinner fight as that was a pain to begin with and I didn't want to amp it up anymore for subsequent plays.

I thought it was probably the wrong bonfire - using it on the second one also negates all the area enemies so I really should have tried that one first! I might give it another go, see if I'm feeling brave enough later. Thanks for your help.

I don't think the Throne Protectors counts.

I missed his sign on the Priest and dudes fight and thought I can just do it with the Throne Protectors, but he didn't give me his stuff.

I just used the Ascetic and got it done.

I missed these 2 achievements on NG and need to do this on NG+, it's very hard to keep Lucatiel alive on the Sinner fight on NG+ as a dex character, so I just gave up and did it with the other 3 bosses.

The Redeye Ring might be good just to keep them alive, but another way to do it is to actually let them tank the boss and dish out as much damage as possible yourself. You can usually kill the boss before they die if you have the right setup.

A side note, abuse the hell out of the Ring of Life Protection, just kill yourself if they can't make it. Repair only costs 3000, and you can just summon them again without wasting effigies.

The Redeye Ring might be good just to keep them alive, but another way to do it is to actually let them tank the boss and dish out as much damage as possible yourself. You can usually kill the boss before they die if you have the right setup.

A side note, abuse the hell out of the Ring of Life Protection, just kill yourself if they can't make it. Repair only costs 3000, and you can just summon them again without wasting effigies.

I really struggled trying to kill Sinner with that ring. Each boss fight is a race. Can I kill the boss before he/she kills my NPC?

Lol :p No matter, Lucatiel has survived all 4 fights for me, and Benhart and I just got through the Looking Glass Knight.

i have a question for the lucatiel achvmnt on the wharf bonfire i summoned her 1st time to fight the boss there (flexiswordman) then after upgrading certain stuffs to a higher lvl.weapons,armor etc(but still in the 1st playthrough)...then i used bonfire astec to make it to bonfire lvl 2 i summoned her again to the same boss fight in wharf area...she survived both 1st and 2nd fight as i used the redeye

my question is does it count for 2 lucatiel survives or just 1?

thanks

i have a question for the lucatiel achvmnt on the wharf bonfire i summoned her 1st time to fight the boss there (flexiswordman) then after upgrading certain stuffs to a higher lvl.weapons,armor etc(but still in the 1st playthrough)...then i used bonfire astec to make it to bonfire lvl 2 i summoned her again to the same boss fight in wharf area...she survived both 1st and 2nd fight as i used the redeye

my question is does it count for 2 lucatiel survives or just 1?

thanks

This counts as two wins with her, it's what I have been trying to do as well. I failed at the Rotten fight as she died practically as I hit the killing blow - so I'm going to exactly what you have done at No mans wharf.

good to know dude

thanks

does it also work for benhart jugos equipment achievement

doing looking glass boss for the second time (using bonfire ascetic)1st playthrough though..

does it also counts as 2 wins if jugo survives the fight.?

good to know dude

thanks

does it also work for benhart jugos equipment achievement

doing looking glass boss for the second time (using bonfire ascetic)1st playthrough though..

does it also counts as 2 wins if jugo survives the fight.?

I haven't needed to do it for him but I'm pretty sure the requirements are the same for both of them, win three boss battles to get their equipment. Perhaps someone that has done this for Benhart and got the achievement can confirm?

Hey all, was actually just kinda worrying about these achievements today. Besides the Redeye, does anyone have an optimal gear setup for doing the 3 bosses, as well as which bosses to repeat? I have 2 Benhart summons left and no Lucatiel, and I'm not sure if I used Lucatiel at all yet. So I'm gonna need to grind out the bosses for the achievements. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Also, I heard that Lucatiel disappears after you talk to her in Aldia's, is this true?

I don't think the Throne Protectors counts.

I missed his sign on the Priest and dudes fight and thought I can just do it with the Throne Protectors, but he didn't give me his stuff.

I just used the Ascetic and got it done.

I missed these 2 achievements on NG and need to do this on NG+, it's very hard to keep Lucatiel alive on the Sinner fight on NG+ as a dex character, so I just gave up and did it with the other 3 bosses.

I don't think the Throne Protector's/Nashandra count for him. I used him for only-Nashandra and I don't seem to have gotten the credit for that fight.

Also, in regards to the Ring of Life Protection. I know of 4 copies of that ring so that it cuts down on time needed to detour for subsequent events. 2 Rings of Life Protection and 2 Rings of Soul Protection(Soul Rings also guard against Petrify but cost 6k to repair). 1 Life + Soul Ring can be found in Shaded Woods area(Life is loot on the floor towards the Shrine of Winter from the Fork Road bonfire, Soul is bought from Head of Vengarl). There's a second Soul Ring in Upper Gutter inside of a chest. I can't remember where the other Life Ring comes from, unfortunately.

I haven't needed to do it for him but I'm pretty sure the requirements are the same for both of them, win three boss battles to get their equipment. Perhaps someone that has done this for Benhart and got the achievement can confirm?

I can confirm this works, I did the mirror knight once and the prowling magus fight twice and he handed over the sword etc. May make new game plus a big harder, but hey saves trying to do all his fights under harder conditions. The prowling magus fight is very easy even in new game, Benhart can practically do it solo.

I didn't struggle with any of the Benhardt fights to be honest, and i'm doing them all on NG+. Now Lucatiel on the other hand.....

Really? Because getting him to survive the Giant Lord fight is pure pot luck, I've had him die twice just by the stone head that comes rolling in and twice during the fight while I've had the red ring on because he just stood underneath and got stomped. I also tried him against Nashandra a few times before giving up.

Honestly anyone going for this achievement should go for Prowling Magus x2 with him - so easy. Plus one against the Mirror knight which isn't hard either.

For Lucatiel my method was 1 fight v Lost Sinner, preferably with another human summon so that she doesn't get targeted as much, and then x2 against Flexile Sentry. Despite this being slightly harder after a bonfire ascetic, she still had a fair bit of health left as the boss can be killed fairly quickly. I actually let her take some punishment and just used her as a diversion which worked - I wouldn't bother with the Smelter boss at all, and the Rotten is hit or miss with her.

Edited by Brengun

What kind of build are you running for the fights?

Pretty much a tank (except for Prowling Magus where its irrelevant). With the Lucatiel fights I basically want to get as many hits in as possible quickly, so high stamina regen (cloranthy ring), added physical damage ring as well. I'm using most of Havel's armour plus some lighter bits so I dont fat roll, high HP and Adapt. as well as endurance. I've found a plus 10 Lightning Claymore or fully upgrade Raw Drangleic sword does enough damage on all bosses and you can get lots of swings in.

If you are lucky enough to be able to summon in someone with high magic damage to help then that's a bonus, although I found I only really needed another person for Lost Sinner. All the other fights you can do with just the NPC's no problem. Except don't bother with Smelter boss, Lucatiel seems to die no matter what I do.

Edited by Brengun

You can clear out the area and wait for the head to fall, and then run back and get him. I made sure not to engage the boss until everything was settled. Still really annoying getting hit by random fireballs, but the Giant lord is not difficult with my build.

Oh I didn't know that...I though it was a normal boss mist door, I never thought to look back and see if I could still summon him. In that case it's probably a fight worth doing with him as one of the three as he should survive it.

Oh I didn't know that...I though it was a normal boss mist door, I never thought to look back and see if I could still summon him. In that case it's probably a fight worth doing with him as one of the three as he should survive it.

I deleted my post because I got him mixed up with Lucatiel at the Sinner fight. I remember actually summoning him before traversing the light, so I am not 100% you can go back and get him like you can in Sinner's Rise.

I never did see him before getting to the Lord, but he did seem to have most of his health intact. Guess I got lucky with the stupid AI mindset :p

I deleted my post because I got him mixed up with Lucatiel at the Sinner fight. I remember actually summoning him before traversing the light, so I am not 100% you can go back and get him like you can in Sinner's Rise.

I never did see him before getting to the Lord, but he did seem to have most of his health intact. Guess I got lucky with the stupid AI mindset :p

I see what you mean, yeah you have to clear that area for Lucatiel in Sinners Rise to give her the best chance. I actually didn't and she only just survived the fight. The AI is a hazard when they are not right next to the fog door, she once died for me on the way to the Flexile Sentry which is ridiculous as it was only a handful of weak enemies, maybe she fell in the water? I didn't see.

I only gave up on Benhart at the Giant Lord because twice in a row that head rolled into him (its insta-kill) and I just thought it was more hassle than it was worth, you definitely got lucky!