Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fallout 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-18-2008, 07:04 AM   #31
A Satyr

A Hades Satyr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
So to stop the freezing i clear the file cache does that mean my saves get erased or is that the same as clearing the cache on your hardrive?
A Satyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 07:08 PM   #32
Super_Chicken

UltraLobster's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Satyr View Post
So to stop the freezing i clear the file cache does that mean my saves get erased or is that the same as clearing the cache on your hardrive?
It just wipes your temp files from the HDD. There are two cache clears, the overall Xbox one that wipes all your game updates and the fallout one you can do by holding LB, RB and X at the same time.
GamerTag: UltraLobster TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -5:00)
Super_Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:08 PM   #33
Playa1Slaya

Can you tell me how to get into the White House. It cuts me off and says there's high levels of radiation.
Playa1Slaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:53 PM   #34
eXyle

eXyle NL's Gamercard
Quote:
Main & Side Quests:

1. Do not blow the blow the bomb in Megaton, as you will not be able to do the other missions in that city such as "survival guide"
This is wrong, you can still do the "Wasteland Survival Guide". Moira will be turned into a Ghoul but won't be dead. All you need to do before blowing up Megaton is the first step of the "Following In His Footsteps" and get the Strength Bobblehead.

eXyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:55 PM   #35
Trash Man

oO Trash Man Oo's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMcHater View Post
Sorry if this is an FAQ, but I've ran out of lockpicks, and haven't found anywhere to buy them, or haven't looked good enough. Can someone tell me where I find those lockpicks? I have zero now :/
If you have not opened the lock after 2 tries, just push B and come out and try it again. You won't lose another pin that way.

Trash Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:41 PM   #36
The Clutch Hand

xX Gambit69 Xx's Gamercard
Agatha's Song help.....

if someone can help me find agatha it would be greatly appericated. I keep looking around the scrap yard but no luck.... ???????

The Clutch Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:54 PM   #37
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Clutch Hand View Post
if someone can help me find agatha it would be greatly appericated. I keep looking around the scrap yard but no luck.... ???????
She is only found in her house, the location on the map is Agatha's House. It is #31 on the map linked in the FAQ.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 07:38 AM   #38
TheGoldenReaper

Send a message via AIM to TheGoldenReaper

xWAx Nomsters's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I saw a post somewhere in a thread about there being a problem where you can't turn right, left, up or down... that is happening to me right now. I don't know where I read it though, so could someone tell me how to fix this? I tried restarting my xbox, I killed myself and reloaded my save but I still can't turn.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:54 AM   #39
DakidJose

JReyes MX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I have a question about doing The American Dream mission.
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by DakidJose; 01-02-2009 at 08:58 AM.
DakidJose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:36 PM   #40
KillTheft_Echo

Perpetual Echo's Gamercard

I would just like to add for the possible achievement misses:
If you talk to Dr. Li, or whatever the ladies name who is in the science lab in rivet city before doing the "Following in His Footsteps" or "Galactic News Radio" quests, you will miss both of those achievements.

I bleed Orange & Blue
KillTheft_Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:46 PM   #41
EuphoricAmoeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillTheft_Echo View Post
I would just like to add for the possible achievement misses:
If you talk to Dr. Li, or whatever the ladies name who is in the science lab in rivet city before doing the "Following in His Footsteps" or "Galactic News Radio" quests, you will miss both of those achievements.
i talked to her before doing either of those and then did the GNR quest and after
they unlocked when our conversation ended.
EuphoricAmoeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:00 PM   #42
MoOOose

Mo00ose's Gamercard
Is there any real significance to buying themes and accessories to your house or are they just for show.
MoOOose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:02 AM   #43
The Clutch Hand

xX Gambit69 Xx's Gamercard
got the 1,000.......

i've enjoyed playing fallout very much. Doing the quests and traveling to all the locations was very amusing. Interacting with the people in different enivornments was fun as hell. I've also found every weapon and piece of armor in the game, and along with extra alien ammo. Can't wait until the dlc comes out..........

The Clutch Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:00 PM   #44
Reaper_Grim

Reaper Grim's Gamercard
forgive me if this has already been asked or if i'm asking on the wrong thread, for i just skimmed through.

here's the example with question to follow: I've left Megaton to head to go to the next city to find the dad. can i return to megaton without having to take 15 minutes to walk all the way back? I recently started playing this and really have no idea what i'm doing.

Last edited by Reaper_Grim; 01-13-2009 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Thanks to monkeyhappy for answering my question.
Reaper_Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:41 PM   #45
monkeyhappy

Send a message via MSN to monkeyhappy

Zeroslav's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper_Grim View Post
forgive me if this has already been asked or if i'm asking on the wrong thread, for i just skimmed through.

here's the example with question to follow: I've left Megaton to head to go to the next city to find the dad. can i return to megaton without having to take 15 minutes to walk all the way back? I recently started playing this and really have no idea what i'm doing.
Yeah, Fallout 3, similarly to Oblivion, has a fast travel feature. Basically if you've been to a location that is marked on the pip-boys map you can highlight and select that location and it will ask you if you want to fast travel to the said place. Only if you've been to the location though, if you've only heard about it but haven't been there yet, no beans. Also you need to be out of the vicinity of enemies otherwise you can't fast travel. Hope that helps, it would be a VERY long game if you had to travel everywhere on foot everytime!!

.Zeroslav.

monkeyhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:10 PM   #46
P1TTMAN

Lt Lemonhead's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
A few questions:

The question posed a few posts earlier is a very good one: Do you lose items at Raven Rock?

In the course of escaping the Statesman Hotel with Reilly's Rangers, I failed to notice that Butcher was killed; and I saved over my file-- will this affect the rest of this quest?

Are the mutilated body parts found in the gore bags useful at all? I assume you're supposed to bring them to Dr. Barrows in Underworld? At least, I hope so; there should be some point to them.

Last edited by P1TTMAN; 02-06-2009 at 01:54 PM.
P1TTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:20 PM   #47
P1TTMAN

Lt Lemonhead's Gamercard

After Googling, I found out there's a PC patch (official? ) that lets you sell the mutilated parts to Dr. Barrow in Underworld... anyone with inside info know if this will be coming in an update or with DLC?

Old 01-26-2009, 06:40 PM   #48
Reaper_Grim

Reaper Grim's Gamercard
would anyone happen to know if the head regulator at Regulator HQ disappears after a while. I have well over 100 fingers to sell to the stupid broad and she's never there now. I don't think i killed her so what gives? anyone have any thoughts?
Old 01-29-2009, 07:36 AM   #49
juvman316

juvman's Gamercard
no you dont but if he lives then you can either repair of get medic stuff from him at the end of the quest as long as at least one is alive your good.
juvman316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:37 AM   #50
juvman316

juvman's Gamercard
i had the same problem with the guy in the warter treatment plant in megaton with the scrap metal and could'nt find him there again could be a glich have you tried diffrent times?
Old 01-29-2009, 07:44 AM   #51
juvman316

juvman's Gamercard
the science theme and the love theme each have skill books on the desk
Old 01-29-2009, 07:58 AM   #52
juvman316

juvman's Gamercard
and if you do scintifc pursuits and tranqulaty lane befor going to 3 dog when you return he will give you a wepons key go to halmintons hidaway located by arfu (this becoms visabal on your map during side quest blood ties) in the winding tunnels you'll find a locked gate use the key then raid the massive amounts of ammo wepons etc
Old 01-29-2009, 01:20 PM   #53
P1TTMAN

Lt Lemonhead's Gamercard

Yeah, I realized that Reilly seems to be fine with one of her guys not making it. I'm just glad it was Butcher and not Donovan.. you never need to go to a doctor for help in this game. In retrospect, they probably shouldn't have made sleeping heal you.

And I don't know if they've patched the "disappearing NPC's" yet, like Walter and Moriarty; but Moriarty was missing for forever on my game (some random Settler was in charge of the saloon), and he just suddenly came back the other day. So I killed him.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:20 AM   #54
big red marino

big red marino's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Does how far I am into the game effect the DLC? I have the last two main quest achievements left. I really want to finish the game, but do not want to get screwed on the DLC. Has someone done the DLC without finishing the game. I assume that most people have done the DLC with finishing the game. Can anyone let me know their experience?
big red marino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:35 AM   #55
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by big red marino View Post
Does how far I am into the game effect the DLC? I have the last two main quest achievements left. I really want to finish the game, but do not want to get screwed on the DLC. Has someone done the DLC without finishing the game. I assume that most people have done the DLC with finishing the game. Can anyone let me know their experience?
I don't think you can go back right now after you finish the game. I think that comes at a later date. For now, keep multiple saves before finishing the game. If you got the DLC, you should have already gotten the radio message to start the DLC.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:35 PM   #56
thegamingspoon

Send a message via MSN to thegamingspoon

BlessedPizza's Gamercard
You can still get the wasteland survival guide achievement if you start it before or after blowing up megaton, i did it on my evil save and bumped into Moira in Underworld, you'll see her in a robo jumpsuit walking up and down the right side of the concourse during the day, P.S. she's slightly different from ghouls her voice is unaffected
thegamingspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:57 PM   #57
P1TTMAN

Lt Lemonhead's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by big red marino View Post
I just finished the DLC this weekend, and I'm only up to the "Scientific Pursuits" part of the main quest. I figured I should do the DLC as soon as possible so I could have the cool stuff it gives you.
Just follow the quest marker on your map, and it'll take you to the Outcast Outpost. Once you start the actual simulation, you're (obviously) stuck there until you finish it, but it only takes a couple hours total.
Warning:

Old 02-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #58
GrimAssassain69

Fairdude's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoX222 View Post
Just an added bit of help for hacking - if you scroll around untill you find the random symbols joined together and use them as the password it eleminates one of the choices as a dud...

Last night mine looked something like <.-?, its random but it helps

EDIT:

Dogmeat is in the scrapyard just south of the Minefield and north of the Bethesda Ruins
the random symbols have to start and end with similar things <,..;']> or {/.';>/?:} etc. and it either eliminates 1 dud or replenishes your guessing, like you guess 2 wrong and get "Allowance Replenished" then it goes back up to 4 guesses...note there isnt always a replenisher.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:07 AM   #59
Kioku

Send a message via MSN to Kioku

Kioku's Gamercard
Can you keep leveling up past level 20 or is 20 the max? Is it possible to level up all the skills to the max?
Old 02-06-2009, 04:07 PM   #60
P1TTMAN

Lt Lemonhead's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioku View Post
Can you keep leveling up past level 20 or is 20 the max? Is it possible to level up all the skills to the max?
NO!
YES!
YES!

Level cap... blah blah blah

You can not max out your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. levels, but you can get close; you can still max out all skills, but you have to plan it. Pick the Educated and Comprehension Perks early (Educated should be your first), and with a decent INT you should be getting 20+ skill points every level. Ignore Science and Big Guns, and only try to raise the other skills up to 40, or maybe 50 to be safe. There are 325 skill books in the game, 25 for each skill, that will raise that skill by 2pts.(with Comprehension); and there is one bobblehead for each skill that will raise it by 10pts. (one of the skill books for Science, and one for Big Guns, spawn repeatedly)http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_skills