Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fallout 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-25-2009, 03:31 PM   #91
Brutalsleeper

Brutalsleeper's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegamer View Post
I've got a question; How the FUCK do I get into Galaxy News Radio? I've been trying to get into that joint for a loooong time and I ended up missing that portion of the main quest and moving on.. How do I get in there? I wanna meet the man behind Galaxy News Radio; Three-Dogg!
You have probably figured this out already but there is a intercom near the main door you have to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
But the dig site is on the other side of the city!.
Follow me on Twitter
Brutalsleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:26 PM   #92
Walterstorm

Walter Storm's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by halofan1989 View Post
Nevermind, I went to the dashboard and it somehow went away.

But I am little stuck on "Head of State" though.
I've killed all of the slavers and the objectives say
"Kill all the slavers near Lincoln Memorial".
but there is an objective arrow on Leroy Walkers dead body.
And I don't have a previous save before this quest.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
just contunie on with the Hannibal side of the quest-line. it should go away as you progress further.

NOTE: when selling Hannibal the lincoln artifacts DON'T sell the rifle "Lincoln's Repeater" keep it for yourself. It's a lever action rifle that takes .44 ammo, coupled with good range and damage. Some say its one of the best non-DLC rifles in the game. I made the mistake of selling it to him and it was too long ago to reload, so even though my char is good, I think I'll persuade him to give it back with my deathclaw gauntlet.

hope that helps ya

Cheers,
Walterstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:01 AM   #93
Rusty Nail zh

Rusty Nail zh's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Hi, just wanted to ask you guys what I should do about the DLC's. Should I buy them over XBOX Live or should I buy the game discs with the DLC's? Any advantages or disadvanteges? Thanks for the info!

Pittsburgh Penguins / Juventus FC / HC Lugano

100k Club --> 11.02.2011

200k Club --> 11.04.2015
Rusty Nail zh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:32 PM   #94
Fly

nSuperfly's Gamercard
I have a question about making custom weapons, I've found every component except the crutch. Are there any specific places where those are? I've been to the Super duper mart but no crutch there...also Lucky doesn't have a crutch.

Last edited by Fly; 08-01-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:10 PM   #95
Angel Fire 42

Try the hospital but you should find them all over the place.
Angel Fire 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:58 AM   #96
DrizztDourden43

Faulty Surgery's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0UNIK0RN View Post
I'm going to start this now before work so anyone else have more please post so we can update this.

Bobble Heads:

1. Vault 101 the start of the game when your 16, you have another chance later for another quest buts its best to get it now.

2. Raven Home, in colonel Autumns quarters do this before going to see Eden as the door closes you in.

Main & Side Quests:

1. Do not kill the overseer at the start of the game, you need him for a later quest called "trouble on the home front"

2. Do not blow the blow the bomb in Megaton, as you will not be able to do the other missions in that city such as "survival guide"

3. Go to Paradise Falls and do the job for the slaver called "strictly business" and then after it is complete go inside and talk to the boy behind a car to do the mission called "Rescue from Paradise" which I didn't even see in the guide which threw me off. Maybe its update with that achievement now.

Also word of advice keep good karma always and don't go killing everyone
Also, Make sure to complete "Strictly Business" and "You Gotta Shoot 'Em In The Head" before doing the "Tenpenny Tower" mission and choosing to help the ghouls. If you choose to help the ghouls, they will kill both Susan Lancaster and Tenpenny. Therefore, you can't complete the other two.

Update: using this "Now there is another option to finish (You Gotta Shoot 'Em In The Head) instead which may be better for you. Once you have the three keys from Ted, Dukov and Dave, head to Fort Constantine and use the keys to open some doors and retrieve the power armor held within. This is still considered a successful completion."
If you use this, you can still complete You Gotta Shoot 'Em In The Head after Tenpenny is dead.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:21 AM   #97
RyThai

RyThai's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal COS View Post
Three things:

3. If you complete a quest but do not get the achievement ("following in his footsteps" is the main offender as far as I know), chances are you have missed one or more steps in the quest line, if you subsequently go back and do them you will get the achievement. (SPOILER: example: I spoke to Dr Li prior to going to GNR and finished the "following in his footsteps" quest with no achievement, but then went to GNR and spoke to Three Dog and even though I got no quest progress/update (as the quest was finished) I still got the achievement, as this was the missing step.) I'd assume the only way to totally lock yourself out of a quest achievement is by killing someone important to the quest, so play nice guys!
Peace.
THAT IS A RELIEF TO READ! I hope... lol ... I just started playing the game, and right from the beginning, I went to Rivet City to get the INT bobblehead. In the process, I spoke to Dr. Li and the other main quests - like "following in his footsteps" was not accessible -- it went right to "Scientific Pursuits" ....

So... right now... I have already missed "Following In His Footsteps" and "Galaxy News Radio" Achievements for the main quests ... so, if I read your post correctly, does this mean that I still have a chance at getting these 'missed' achievements for my game in progress now?

Can someone please confirm this?
RyThai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:33 AM   #98
RyThai

RyThai's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillTheft_Echo View Post
I would just like to add for the possible achievement misses:
If you talk to Dr. Li, or whatever the ladies name who is in the science lab in rivet city before doing the "Following in His Footsteps" or "Galactic News Radio" quests, you will miss both of those achievements.
Are you sure about this? I just read a post on page one that said to talk to Three-Dog to get these missed achievements.

I hope you're wrong... otherwise I will have to reload a game after the vault
RyThai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:08 PM   #99
RaZeDieFox

RaZeDieFox's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyThai View Post
Are you sure about this? I just read a post on page one that said to talk to Three-Dog to get these missed achievements.

I hope you're wrong... otherwise I will have to reload a game after the vault
I can confirm this, I spoke to the Dr in Rivet City before Three Dog. I then went to Three Dog and upon speaking with him and doing his quest, I got the missing achievement(s).

100%(23): 1550 (1), 1250 (1), 1000 (20), 500 (1)

In Progress:
RaZeDieFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:49 AM   #100
mpoppo028

no the duds are ones that are like (%&#) that where the begin and end with grouping characters such as <> [] {}
mpoppo028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:03 AM   #101
kevinsomnia

kevinsomnia's Gamercard
Are the "Do this 50 times" achievements cumulative? Or do they need to be on one one playthrough?

Currently I do not have Xbox LIVE.
kevinsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:21 AM   #102
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsomnia View Post
Are the "Do this 50 times" achievements cumulative? Or do they need to be on one one playthrough?
Single file. The achievement should unlock when your pip boy displays the proper count for corresponding stat.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:37 AM   #103
kevinsomnia

kevinsomnia's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
Single file. The achievement should unlock when your pip boy displays the proper count for corresponding stat.
hmm...rather disappointing however I thank you for clearing that up for me

Currently I do not have Xbox LIVE.
kevinsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:07 PM   #104
peter pans fary

peter pans fary's Gamercard
i downloaded the dlc from my cousins profile. can i still use it on my profile? when i booted the game, it did say loading extra content....
Old 09-25-2009, 11:49 PM   #105
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter pans fary View Post
i downloaded the dlc from my cousins profile. can i still use it on my profile? when i booted the game, it did say loading extra content....
You can use DLC that was purchased on the original console, on the original gamertag, or on another console with the original gamertag signed in.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:43 AM   #106
xMidget_Furyx

xMidget Furyx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
or if you buy the discs you can share with your friends only downside is you won't be able to get the "free" theme because it doesn't show that you purchased them even though it's on your HD

xMidget_Furyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:44 AM   #107
xMidget_Furyx

xMidget Furyx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
does anyone know if Mothership zeta is on disc or just market place and the code you can purchase from best buy

xMidget_Furyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:07 PM   #108
Rorschach1244

Rorschach1244's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMidget_Furyx View Post
does anyone know if Mothership zeta is on disc or just market place and the code you can purchase from best buy
Downlaoded unless you got the GOY edition.
Rorschach1244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:56 PM   #109
Wheatley101UK

Wheatley101UK's Gamercard
Just a quick question.

Apologies if this topic has been brought up before and I couldnt find it - I did try to search for it. I havent posted much on these forums before.

After you get all of you iventory items removed after crossing the bridge in 'The Pitt' DLC do you get them back at some point? Its just that I took my Chinese Slealth Armor and my A3-21's Plasma Rifle amongst other things which are my fave items in my inventory!

If anyone can answer this forum noobs question I would really appreciate it!
Thanks in advance.
Ryan
Wheatley101UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:05 PM   #110
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

You get everything back after you complete the arena matches and gain your freedom. After the last fight, you will be able to access the footlocker in the ready room.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:14 PM   #111
Wheatley101UK

Thanks a bunch - was starting to panic... ...really!
Ryan
Old 10-29-2009, 09:30 PM   #112
Enosh Kasra

Enosh Kasra's Gamercard
The only problem will be with the weight you'll have to carry after you get everything back. If you're not too far into The Pitt yet, I'd suggest you restart the quest with just the essentials or you won't be able to bring back everything you'll find while doing the quest.

Plus you'll pick up some pretty nice weapons along the way.

Last edited by Enosh Kasra; 10-29-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Enosh Kasra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:10 PM   #113
Wheatley101UK

Damn... ...Ive already found all 100 ingots and a load of cool stuff - havent done much else though.
Can i not go out now, drop them off and then come back in?
Old 10-31-2009, 04:56 PM   #114
Wheatley101UK

Ive got all of the extra equip. given for collecting the 100 ingots and got back my original equiptment from the locker after the third fight.
Im currently about max weight give-or-take.
Will i be given many more items before i can get back to the Capital Wastelands - I hate leaving things behind?
Basically. am I going to have a weight problem - I can only carry about 275 units and am carrying 274 units?
Am I in trouble?
Thanks in advance.
Ryan
Old 11-21-2009, 12:56 AM   #115
Wendal 91

Wendal 91's Gamercard
Okay i just recently got GOTY edition of Fallout 3.
Brand new off amazon, never been opened before.
And i played abit of the game got out of the vault etc everything fine and dandy.
Then i decided il get the DLC because thought it would kill time of levellin up.
Put the DLC disc in, was pretty annoyed at the fact i have to download it too my hard drive, not like we have all the space in the world in the first place but yeah i deleted space and downloaded them.
HOWEVER it downloaded all of the dlc except for broken steal!!!! it comes up with a message saying "one or more installs cannot be downloaded" or something like that. This really pissed me off as i was looking forward to it the most.
Im going to try and ring them or something tomorrow, but if anyone has any ideas why its doing this or how to fix it please let me know.

P.S i have 2GB free and the dlc is 700MB ish.
Wendal 91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:51 PM   #116
arachnophilia

Send a message via ICQ to arachnophilia Send a message via AIM to arachnophilia Send a message via Yahoo to arachnophilia

xiphosura's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaK Quinn View Post
Anyone know where theres a list of the rare weapons? Like BlackHawk and Jingwei's Shocksword? I heard there is a LincolnRifle somewhere, and a Chineese Assault Rifle thats named, would appreciate it if someone points me in the right direction.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Unique_Weapons
arachnophilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:22 PM   #117
unreal3

open ended sky's Gamercard
all point look out locations?

i have gotten all achieves in point look out

Last edited by unreal3; 12-26-2009 at 10:20 PM.
unreal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:24 PM   #118
WillScot55

willscot55's Gamercard
thanks with helping me being 'over encumbered' it was driving me mad, I nearly stopped playing the game
Old 02-12-2010, 09:01 PM   #119
soloteg

soloteg's Gamercard
"How do you turn on your light?
Hold the B button."

wow I have about 40 hours in this game so far and I never knew this, haha thanks
Old 04-29-2010, 03:52 PM   #120
Spawn 0f Hell

Jamie Russell 1's Gamercard
There's an app on ipod's called "Hack Boy" that lets you input the possible combinations and it'll generate the right one for you.

Spawn 0f Hell is offline   Reply With Quote