Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Far Cry 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-31-2008, 08:44 AM   #1
SPRAYandPREYcom

SPRAYandPREYcom's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Angry Horrible sound options

Its sad such a good game and there are no options for the sound other than master sound and movie sound
SOOOO in order for me to hear what there saying i have to have the sound up but that just makes it way to loud when your in a fire fight and everything is exploding so i turn the sound down and the subtitles go by way to fast for you to catch what there saying then i set everything way down but the tv is still set to a high level so i save and quit and it goes to the entrance where everything is reset to its highest level and blasts the shit out of the volume
JUST VERY VERY CHEAP OPTIONS
A GOOD GAME would have
voice sound background sound effects sound and a few others to let you create your ideal sound listening experience this game just cramps so much its almost a turn off to bad the game is fun but i wont be able to get into it much because i cant controll the sound levels owell ...

also i found a diamond breifcase was standing right over it and no matter what i did it wouldnt let me pick it up with the y button total joke ...

Last edited by SPRAYandPREYcom; 10-31-2008 at 10:31 AM.
SPRAYandPREYcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:18 AM   #2
MrEastSide

Colonel Weener's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I agree, many games are like this. You can't hear any dialogue unless you crank it, and as soon as you do that your speakers blow out from gunfire. Not sure why they can't just boost audio for dialogue portions.
After completing COD: Grenades at War on Veteran, I went after Treyarch's previous masterpiece: COD3. I could tell you it was on par. Unevenly distributed checkpoints (many between cutscenes, but very scarce between the BS moments) and no running available. As a result, I had 4 white hairs grown yesterday when I beat it at last.

MrEastSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:44 PM   #3
Smugu

smugu's Gamercard
I havent noticed this.. Maybe your hearing has been damaged from playing too much :P
Smugu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:50 PM   #4
Ben Sharpe

Ben Sharpe's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I have a really good 5.1 surround sound system and it was exactly the same, I couldn't hear a word, so I had no idea what was going on half the time, I was going to buy it but I'm glad I only rented it, I'll buy it when it goes down to about 15-20 not worth anything more than that imo
Old 10-31-2008, 03:03 PM   #5
AbOuT27nInJaS

AbOuT28nInJaS's Gamercard
it really doenst bother me tbh - maybe you should sit closer to your tele?