Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shooter > Doom
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-30-2006, 09:06 PM   #1
KillerJuan77

KillerJuan77's Gamercard
I should buy it?

I liked it but there are problems that may fuck the experience?
Hey and look what I've found in the ESRB website:
"Final DoomActivision MAnimated Blood and Gore, Animated ViolenceXbox 360"

Final Doom, what do you think?
KillerJuan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 11:52 PM   #2
Muta32
Red Room Member

Muta32's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerJuan77 View Post
I liked it but there are problems that may fuck the experience?
Hey and look what I've found in the ESRB website:
"Final DoomActivision MAnimated Blood and Gore, Animated ViolenceXbox 360"

Final Doom, what do you think?
Of course you should download it! I didn't notice any tweaks (aka F**K UPS) that were made for the Live Arcade version, other than the trees move/rotate when you do.

I Definatly Hope that this isn't the last XBLA DOOM, I hope they have DOOM II, and the one that came after that (it was before DOOM 64, and after DOOM II, but I forgot the name of it). As far as NEW DOOMS GO, I wouldn't cry over them, but wouldn't be excited either...I'm kinda apethetic on that one.

Anyway, the only bad thing I've seen so far is that everyones connection bar is usually in yellow, but that just might be me (mines wireless).
Old 10-01-2006, 12:38 AM   #3
KillerJuan77

KillerJuan77's Gamercard
You know what, Quake 1, that would rock!
I hadn't played the 1st.
KillerJuan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:25 AM   #4
Zee

Zee pso's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Get the $10 pack of doom 1, 2 and final doom for the pc. Same price for 3 games.

Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 02:15 PM   #5
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Eventhough there is that pack for cheaper I still recommend this, just because you can play online with your friends and play with a controller....
Old 10-01-2006, 02:51 PM   #6
Muta32
Red Room Member

Muta32's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Eventhough there is that pack for cheaper I still recommend this, just because you can play online with your friends and play with a controller....
Yup, online rocks, but most of the connection bars are in yellow (but that might just be me...wireless connection, going through walls and from downstairs to upstairs in the house.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:18 AM   #7
Zee

Zee pso's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Same with the PC verison. (but the mouse is better for fps In my opinion)

Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 08:46 AM   #8
Bopher1

Send a message via AIM to Bopher1 Send a message via MSN to Bopher1 Send a message via Skype™ to Bopher1

Bopher1's Gamercard
I think the reason it is called 'Final Doom' is because there was a version of Doom released for PC called that.. I think it was basically just a re-release of Doom 1.. Maybe they tightend the graphics.. or something.. But it's about the same thing.
Bopher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 03:41 PM   #9
jab1981

jimmystewart's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopher1 View Post
I think the reason it is called 'Final Doom' is because there was a version of Doom released for PC called that.. I think it was basically just a re-release of Doom 1.. Maybe they tightend the graphics.. or something.. But it's about the same thing.
Just to clear up some of the confusion.

Doom came out first.

Then there was Doom 2.

After which there was one pack of levels called Master Levels for Doom 2. You needed a copy of Doom 2 to use these levels.

Then there was an expansion to Doom 2 called Final Doom. Final Doom basically used all the same weapons as Doom 2 but contained entirely new levels. You didn't need to own Doom 2 it was a playable game by itself. From what I recall they were mostly based in the more hellish enviroments.

Then at some point they release Ultimate Doom which was Doom 1 repackaged with an extra episode of levels. Again if I recall correctly, this was actually made to be officially compatible with Windows and had a special launcher to start the game. It was also on CD-Rom and I'm not sure about Master Levels and Final Doom but I know the original releases for Doom and Doom 2 were on 3.5 floppies (I still have my copies). So Ultimate Doom would probably have been the first time Doom 1 was available on CD.

Based upon this it would appear that the version of Doom on XBLA is actually Ultimate Doom. If it were Final Doom we would have access to the weapons from Doom 2 (double barrel shotgun most notably), plus these aren't the newer levels these levels are definitely from Doom 1.
jab1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:55 PM   #10
BuRNiNG LeGeND

I have the package u mentioned with the three games in one, and in my opinion the Final Doom game has the same enemies and weapons but the levels are much harder and are based on earthly enviroments, for example there is one that takes place inside and around a pyramid.
BuRNiNG LeGeND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:31 AM   #11
xsni

Send a message via AIM to xsni

xsni's Gamercard
You know what I really want to see?

The original Castle Wolfenstein. I loved that game.
xsni is offline   Reply With Quote