PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > NBA Live 09
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-01-2008, 03:21 AM   #1
Gage3Wade

Send a message via MSN to Gage3Wade

iGage x2's Gamercard
Question Game of the Week

did the game of the week change? when i go to suns v. spurs it doesnt show anything.

Gage3Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:16 AM   #2
Brethran

Brethran's Gamercard
Anyone know what the current game of the week is?

100% Retail
Avatar, College Hoops 2K6, Fight Night 3, Fuzion Frenzy 2, Galaga, Madden 09, NBA Live 06, NBA Street Homecourt

100% XBLA
Galaga, Uno

Working On
Prey, Mrs Pac Man, NBA Live 09, Pac Man CE

Brethran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 02:26 AM   #3
Gage3Wade

Send a message via MSN to Gage3Wade

iGage x2's Gamercard
wow, anyone?

Gage3Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:52 PM   #4
Brethran

Brethran's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gage3Wade View Post
wow, anyone?
Anyone? ???

100% Retail
Avatar, College Hoops 2K6, Fight Night 3, Fuzion Frenzy 2, Galaga, Madden 09, NBA Live 06, NBA Street Homecourt

100% XBLA
Galaga, Uno

Working On
Prey, Mrs Pac Man, NBA Live 09, Pac Man CE

Brethran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:50 PM   #5
x b3Rt

Send a message via AIM to x b3Rt

x b3rt's Gamercard
yeah definitely isnt spurs n suns i juz won n no achievement
Old 11-08-2008, 01:48 AM   #6
Tru_Warrior

MXE Tru's Gamercard
another dumb ass achievement
Tru_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:50 AM   #7
X Art of War

Send a message via MSN to X Art of War

Mage of Malice's Gamercard
"This takes the idea of roster updates to a new level in that it is automatic and always up-to-date. Live 365 and DNA will also be used to provide the ability to replay games throughout the NBA season. This will certainly create a reason for players to constantly check what game are available for download online as EA will be providing a game of the week for NBA Live 09 owners."

1 of the most recent posts under Achievement Guide in this thread posted that quote. So far I played around with the DNA/NBA Live365 features on the menus....and still can't figure out what the "game of the week" is. And btw, I do have Live365 installed on my game right now.....and still no luck whatsoever.
X Art of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:01 PM   #8
ScarletKnight71

ScarletKnight71's Gamercard
I went ahead and looked at ESPN programming through the end of November and plugged in every single NBA game scheduled to air in 'Play Now' and didn't see the GOW. So, I figured, what the hell, I'll plug in EVERY NBA game scheduled through the end of November and nothing. I'm thinking there is no present game of the week.
ScarletKnight71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:46 PM   #9
EOU Findub

EOU Findub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Wow, that is fucking garbage...so there was ONE game of the week, period?
Old 11-21-2008, 06:37 AM   #10
EOU Findub

EOU Findub's Gamercard

Well, I have sent a question to EA Support regarding this issue. Hopefully I will be able to give all of you a response fairly soon after scouring forums and ESPN. Probably in the next few days.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:08 PM   #11
bobbowski

bobbowski's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Please let us know. This is getting really annoying! Me and a friend went through ever combination of teams a few nights ago and none showed the words Game of the Week anywhere on the screen.
bobbowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 05:45 PM   #12
EOU Findub

EOU Findub's Gamercard

Well, here is what they said in response to my question about this particular achievement:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

We recommend that you visit the official site for the particular game in question. Official sites offer exciting features such as tips & hints, downloads, message boards, various languages, tentative release dates, newsletters, as well as support.

The official site for each "current" EA title may be found at either http://easports.ea.com/ (for sports titles) or at http://eagames.ea.com/ (for all other titles). Also, for a complete list of games available through EA.com, please visit: http://www.ea.com/home/home.jsp?all#sort.

If you wish to purchase an EA title, please visit our EA Online Store at http://eastore.ea.com.

If there is anything else we can help you with please let us know.

Best Regards,

XXXXXXXXX
EA Online Support

Wow is all I have to say. I explicitly said in my question that I have searched over the site MANY times and used the search function on the NBA Live 09 main website and have come up with nothing. Hell, I even wrote that I looked on ESPN.com's webpage to see if they had anything resembling a "Game of the Week."

Instead of answering my question, this particular support person was attempting to sell me more EA games. I have since updated the question and will report back as soon as I get an answer. I made myself a little bit more clear. I am also trying to be as polite as possible but my patience is wearing VERY thin.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:33 PM   #13
CAPP360
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOU Findub View Post
Well, here is what they said in response to my question about this particular achievement:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

We recommend that you visit the official site for the particular game in question. Official sites offer exciting features such as tips & hints, downloads, message boards, various languages, tentative release dates, newsletters, as well as support.

The official site for each "current" EA title may be found at either http://easports.ea.com/ (for sports titles) or at http://eagames.ea.com/ (for all other titles). Also, for a complete list of games available through EA.com, please visit: http://www.ea.com/home/home.jsp?all#sort.

If you wish to purchase an EA title, please visit our EA Online Store at http://eastore.ea.com.

If there is anything else we can help you with please let us know.

Best Regards,

XXXXXXXXX
EA Online Support

Wow is all I have to say. I explicitly said in my question that I have searched over the site MANY times and used the search function on the NBA Live 09 main website and have come up with nothing. Hell, I even wrote that I looked on ESPN.com's webpage to see if they had anything resembling a "Game of the Week."

Instead of answering my question, this particular support person was attempting to sell me more EA games. I have since updated the question and will report back as soon as I get an answer. I made myself a little bit more clear. I am also trying to be as polite as possible but my patience is wearing VERY thin.
Wow, what a bunch of dicks over at EA. EA is the biggest group of douche bags Ive ever had the unpleasure to deal with. See if you can get an 800 number and Ill call them and give em a piece. Hell, get me a toll number and Ill call them.

Last edited by CAPP360; 11-21-2008 at 06:39 PM.
CAPP360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:42 PM   #14
EOU Findub

EOU Findub's Gamercard

Well, I am going to give them one more chance to answer my question...I have faith that this will conclude in a timely manner as support seems to get back to me fairly quickly.

Last edited by EOU Findub; 11-22-2008 at 08:19 AM.
EOU Findub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:16 PM   #15
CAPP360
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some douchebag at EA View Post
The problem with contacting these companies is that some uneducated, basement dwelling, pondscum is the one responsible for answering you questions. As shown in the quote above you can clearly see that this illiterate, piece of trash only knows how to repsond by copying and pasting some pre-written message. Game in question? Can't this douche bag even take the time to edit the message, or is he/she incapable of correctly spelling NBA Live 09? Message Boards? The question has been asked on the message boards with no response, just a bunch of customers who spent money on thier product left standing around with thier hands in the air saying WTF!.

Im going to go over to thier dev message boards and paste the link to this thread so they can have the pleasure of reading it.

Scumbags
Old 11-22-2008, 08:22 AM   #16
EOU Findub

EOU Findub's Gamercard

I am not trying to stir the pot at all. I would just like a clear and concise answer. Who knows, maybe I didn't word it well enough. I still have faith that I will get a good answer and we will all be happy in the end.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:29 PM   #17
CAPP360
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOU Findub View Post
I am not trying to stir the pot at all. I would just like a clear and concise answer. Who knows, maybe I didn't word it well enough. I still have faith that I will get a good answer and we will all be happy in the end.
Hopefully this will be the case. Ive personally lost faith in EA competency since they have proven in the past they dont give a crap about thier customers whose money they have already received.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:06 AM   #18
EOU Findub

EOU Findub's Gamercard

Alright, well, I got an update from them. The gist from the letter I got from them was "We are aware of the issue and we are working on it." That's pretty much it. Going to have to wait. I would just check it every Monday to see if they have put a game of the week up and then post on here for everyone to see.

Little disappointing but oh well.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:07 AM   #19
X Art of War

Send a message via MSN to X Art of War

Mage of Malice's Gamercard
Wow.....can't believe EA continues to disappoint customers by only caring about the money they get from people buying their games. Hopefully this is resolved soon so that I can get the full 1K in this game.....and just play it for fun whenever I feel like it. In the meanwhile, hockey has helped me burn some time......just surprisingly haven't touched either NBA game(s) in over 1 week now....considering I'm more of a bball fanatic.
X Art of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 08:19 AM   #20
x b3Rt

Send a message via AIM to x b3Rt

x b3rt's Gamercard
this game is killin me i shoulda had this 1k a long time ago but this achievement is holdin me bak lOlz
Old 11-30-2008, 12:00 AM   #21
PRUCH25

PRUCH25's Gamercard
GT is PRUCH25. If you want to trade achievements add me,

100%: NBA Live 09
PRUCH25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:09 PM   #22
Rotary Blaze

Send a message via AIM to Rotary Blaze Send a message via Yahoo to Rotary Blaze

Rotary Blaze's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
the game of the week is now Boston Celtics VS Portland Blazers.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:33 PM   #23
SatNiteEduardo

satniteeduardo's Gamercard

When you choose game of the week does anything on the screen tell you it is game of the week.

I am assuming you just go into a normal ranked game and use the right teams for this cheevo - is that how it works?
SatNiteEduardo is offline   Reply With Quote