PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Party > Scene It? Box Office Smash
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-03-2008, 08:55 AM   #1
FlamedLiquid
Banned User

FlamedLiquid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide

Couch Potato 10
Win 5 games in any mode.

See "Video Store Clerk".

Home Rentals 20
Win 10 games in any mode.

See "Video Store Clerk".

Video Store Clerk 30
Win 15 games in any mode.

Simply win 15 games of any mode. If you want this achievement fast just play 15 Short games with a friend or just plug in 2 controllers and just answer questions on the controller your using. Can be obtained online or offline.

Short Film 10
Play a Short Game.

Simply play a Short Game. Win or Lose. Can be done with a friend or with 2 controllers. Can be obtained online or offline.

Background Artist 10
Score 25,000 points in a Short Game.

See "Supporting Role".

Bit Part 25
Score 40,000 points in a Short Game.

See "Supporting Role".

Supporting Role 35
Score 60,000 points in a Short Game.

If you're having trouble with this, which if its your first game you more than likely will, this can be easily achieved with help of a friend. For the "Buzz In To Take Control" games have a friend buzz in so you can view the answers and just let the time run out on his controller. Than you can buzz in with the correct answer. This can be obtained online and offline.

Epic Feature 20
Play a Long Game

Simply play a Long Game. Win or Lose. Can be done with a friend or 2 controllers. Can be obtained online and offline.

Lead Role 20
Score 45,000 points in a Long Game.

See "Award-Winning Performance".

Star 30
Score 60,000 points in a Long Game.

See "Award-Winning Performance".

Award-Winning Performance 40
Score 85,000 points in a Long Game.

A little bit harder than the "Supporting Role" achievement imo, but still not that difficult to accomplish. If your having trouble with this play with a friend and have him buzz in on all of the "Buzz in to Take Control" games. Just have him have the time run out and than buzz in with the correct answer. This can be obtained online and offline.

Director 20
Get 10 questions correct in a row in any game mode.

See "Producer".

Producer 40
Get 15 questions correct in a row in any game mode.

Very easily obtainable. if your unsure of an answer don't buzz in. As long as you answer 15 questions in a row without getting one wrong, you'll get both this and "Director". Not buzzing in does not count as a wrong answer so use that to you're advantage. Can be obtained online and offline.

It's a LIVE 10
Play an online game.

Simply play a game online, Win or lose. If you want this quick just play a Short Game.

LIVE and Kicking 15
Win an online game.

See "All on the Line"

All on the Line 20
Win 10 online games.

Can be easily obtained if you are boosting with a friend. Just simply play 10 online games and win. Can be done even faster if you just play "Short Games". If you are not boosting this I suggest saving these achievements until you have at least 40 of the 50 achievements. A lot of people that play online will have had the questions asked to them before and will have an advantage, so to even out the odds or give you a slight edge I would play some games offline first. You get repeat questions online more frequently than if you were to play offline because it doesn't save which questions you were already given.

Home Alone 40
Score 300,000 + points in a Solo Game.

This one took me a few tries. To start a Solo Game just go under "Custom Games" and select "Solo Play". Solo Play lasts about as long as a long game but its not divided into rounds and you only get the "Movie Clip" game once instead of 4 times. The key to getting a high score here is to only buzz in if you know the answer because correct answers in a row build a multiplier that doesn't go away unless you get a question wrong. It goes up to 10X giving you the chance to earn up to 20,000 per question asked.
FlamedLiquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:50 AM   #2
FlamedLiquid
Banned User

FlamedLiquid's Gamercard

Scene It? Box Office Smash Achievement Guide Part 2

Cameo Appearance30
Answer one question correctly from every puzzle type.

This one will take 2 or more games to get since a full game won't offer you all the puzzle types even on Long Game. This can be obtained with a friend or 2 controllers. Can be obtained online or offline.These are all the Puzzle Types:

Now Playing
Pictogram
Movie Clip
Sequentials
Credit Roll
Genre X
Celebrity Ties
Who Am I?
Anagram
Sound Clip
Songs and Slogans
Props
Invisibles
Distorted Reality
Which Is Which
Visual Puzzler
Quotables
Sketches
Pixel Flix
Child's Play

Mise-en-Scene20
Successfully answer every Now Playing or Pictogram question in one puzzle
block.

Simply answer all the questions with the following puzzle during that block. Can be done with a friend or 2 controllers. Can be obtained online or offline.

Reviewing the Dailies20
Successfully answer every Movie Clip question in one puzzle block.

This will more than likely be one of the first achievements you get. Just answer all the questions for a Movie Clip Puzzle. Can be done with a friend or 2 controllers. Can be obtained online or offline.

Flash Forward20 Successfully answer every Sequentials or Credit Roll question in one puzzle block.

For this achievement if you are struggling I suggest letting the whole credit roll clip to play for "Credit Roll" and for "Sequentials" let 3 of the 4 dates come up. Can be done with a friend or 2 controllers. Can be obtained online or offline.

Multiple Exposure20
Successfully answer every Genre X question in one puzzle block.

For this achievement if you are struggling I suggest trying to narrow down th choices. Sometimes some of the answers will be movies that dont fit the Category you are given for genre X. or example if one of the choices for an answer to a question is "Scarface" and the Category is "Family", you know theres no possible way that could be the answer. Can be done with a friend or 2 controllers. can be obtained online or offline.

Method Acting20
Successfully answer every Who Am I or Celebrity Ties question in one puzzle block.

If you are struggling with this achievement I suggest letting every hint pop up for "Who Am I" before answering. Can be done with a friend or 2 conrollers. Can be obtained online or offline.

Working Title20
Successfully answer every Anagram question in one puzzle block.

Simply answer all the qustions for an Anagram puzzle. Can be done with a friend or with 2 controllers. Can be obtained online or offline.

Dialect Coach20
Successfully answer every Sound Clip or Songs & Slogans question in one puzzle block.

This was the last "puzzle" type achievement I got. I suggest playing with a friend for this one if you are struggling. Can be done with a friend or 2 controllers. Can be obtained online or offline.

Soft Focus20
Successfully answer every Distorted Reality question in one puzzle block.

If you are struggling with this achievement I suggest waiting till theres only a few seconds remaining so the image can fully appear. Can be done with a friend or 2 controllers. Can be obtained online or offline.

Finding the Macguffin20
Successfully answer every Invisibles or Props question in one puzzle block.

Probally the 2nd hardest "Puzzle" type achievement. I suggest doing this with a friend if you are struggling. Can be done with a friend or 2 controllers. Can be obtained online or offline.

Viewfinder Master20
Successfully answer every Which Is Which or Visual Puzzler question in one puzzle block.

Simply answer every question correctly for the following puzzle block. Can be done with a friend or 2 controllers. Can be obtained online or offline.

Running Lines20
Successfully answer every Quotables or Crosswords question in one puzzle block.

If you are struggling with this achievement I suggest waiting till the last few seconds on "Crosswords" so the extra words are filled in. Can be done with a friend or 2 controllers. Can be obtained online or offline.

Drawing Up Storyboards20
Successfully answer every Sketches, Pixel Flix, or Child's Play question in one puzzle block.

If you are struggling with this I suggest letting the picture finish itself before answering. can be done with a friend or 2 controllers. Can be obtained online or offline.

Sneak Preview20
Answer 30 questions with the maximum amount of points.

What I did for this was just buzz in the same button for each question right awayuntil I got 30 right. May take a ew games but I found it easiest that way. Can be done obtained online and offline.

A Spine-Tingling Splatter-Fest15
Successfully answer 25 questions about Horror movies.

Simply answer 25 Horror related questions correctly.

A Rip-Roaring Good Time15
Successfully answer 50 questions about Comedy movies.

Simply answer 50 Comedy Related questions correctly.

A Gritty Epic of Redemption15
Successfully answer 15 questions about Western movies.

May be the last achievement you get since theres not many Western movie related questions. Just answer 15 right to get this.

A Visually Stunning Mind-Bender15
Successfully answer 25 questions about Sci-Fi movies.

Simply answer 25 Sci-Fi related questions correctly.

An Edge-of-Your-Seat Thrill Ride15
Successfully answer 35 questions about Action movies.

Simply answer 35 Action related questions correctly.

An Emotional Tour de Force15
Successfully answer 50 questions about Drama movies.

Simply answer 50 Drama related questions correctly.

Wholesome Fun for the Family15
Successfully answer 20 questions about Family movies.

Simply answer 20 Family related questions.

A Foot-Stomping Extravaganza15
Successfully answer 20 questions about Musical movies.

Simply answer 20 Musical related questions correctly.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:50 AM   #3
FlamedLiquid
Banned User

FlamedLiquid's Gamercard

Scene It? Box Office Smash Achievement Guide Part 3 of 3

Fall in Love All Over Again15
Successfully answer 40 questions about Romance movies.

Simply answer 40 Romance related questions correctly.

Girls' Night Out15
Successfully answer 15 questions about Chick Flick movies.

Simply answer 15 Chick Flick related questions.

Leave Fan Boys Drooling for More15
Successfully answer 25 questions about Nerd movies.

Simply answer 25 Nerd related questions correctly.

Drive-in Double Feature20
Answer 10 questions about the '50's.

More than likely one of the last achievements you get since theres not many questions related to 50's movies. Answer 10 correctly to get this.

Triumph of the Anti-Hero20
Answer 20 questions about the '60's.

Just like the 50's questions there are a short supply of 60s questions. Answer 20 correctly to get this.

The Darker Side of Hollywood20
Answer 30 questions about the '70's.

Simply answer 30 questions related to 70's movies correctly.

Doing Stuff to Music Montages20
Answer 40 questions about the '80's.

Simply answer 40 questions related to 80's movies correctly.

Indies in the Info Age20
Answer 50 questions about the '90's.

Simply answer 50 questions related to 90's movies correctly.
Hollywood in Hi-Def20
Answer 60 questions about the '00's.

Simply answer 60 questions related to '00 movies correctly.

Best Picture15
Successfully answer 40 questions about Oscar winning movies.

Simply answer 40 questions related to Oscar winning movies correctly.

Best Actor15
Successfully answer 35 questions about Award winning actors and actresses.

Simply answer 35 questions related to Award winning actors and actresses correctly.

NOTES:

Apparantly theres a patch now that doesnt keep your multiplier throughout rounds in solo play, so you will have to clear your cache and play offline.

Also....the 2 controller method does not show you just the correct answer.if for some reason you were thinking that.......youll still have to choose the correct answer. The 2 controller method just helps you out by preventing you from buzzing in and guessing wrong.

Last edited by FlamedLiquid; 12-01-2008 at 07:25 AM.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:22 PM   #4
o0 TommyGuns 0o

o0 TommyGuns 0o's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
nice guide, great work flamedliqiud
Old 11-04-2008, 11:13 PM   #5
FlamedLiquid
Banned User

FlamedLiquid's Gamercard

thanks. I know its not the whole thing. I submitted the guide wrong. I sent it in first before posting it here, and they only posted the first of 3 parts for some reason.

nvm. looks like its all up now.

Last edited by FlamedLiquid; 11-05-2008 at 09:00 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:18 PM   #6
edd__
Banned User

zigs00's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
On a lot of achievements you've written "can be obtained with a friend or a second controller"

Does this mean you can't play solo on this? Or can't get achievements playing by yourself? or what?
edd__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:57 PM   #7
JC

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Thanks, nice guide!

Should be getting this game soon from the US, early for us in the UK.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:04 PM   #8
FlamedLiquid
Banned User

FlamedLiquid's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by edd__ View Post
On a lot of achievements you've written "can be obtained with a friend or a second controller"

Does this mean you can't play solo on this? Or can't get achievements playing by yourself? or what?
sorry if it sounded confusing. yah pretty much every achievement can be gotten by yourself. I just posted that it can be done with a friend or 2 controllers because it may make getting the achievements easier.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:40 AM   #9
edd__
Banned User

zigs00's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamedLiquid View Post
sorry if it sounded confusing. yah pretty much every achievement can be gotten by yourself. I just posted that it can be done with a friend or 2 controllers because it may make getting the achievements easier.
yeah the wording was just a bit confusing, that's all.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:43 AM   #10
mosin360

mosin360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I didn't know you could now answer a question and it don't count against you, that's a great tip, thanks.

Last goal met: 225k - September 2, 2014

mosin360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:40 PM   #11
White Lama

White Lama's Gamercard
Damn, you stole my idea for a guide ^^ Guess I won't be winning that contest ^^

Anyways, great guide I'm gonna get this when I have money, really easy 1000 GS ^^ Since I don't think it will be harder than the first
Old 11-07-2008, 07:03 PM   #12
FlamedLiquid
Banned User

FlamedLiquid's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lama View Post
Damn, you stole my idea for a guide ^^ Guess I won't be winning that contest ^^

Anyways, great guide I'm gonna get this when I have money, really easy 1000 GS ^^ Since I don't think it will be harder than the first
lol. yah thats kinda why i brought it up in the guide contest.I already made this guide a few days before that was posted.

Good luck though if you still participate.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:17 AM   #13
Pedle Zelnip

One tip for playing the solo mode: for at least crossword questions, if you buzz in but don't pick an answer, it doesn't count against your multiplier. This helped my wife get the achievement as in the crossword one she had a 10x multiplier going in, accidently hit the big bumper but had no idea what the answer was so didn't answer and kept her x10 multiplier.
Pedle Zelnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:50 AM   #14
Hitchman

hitchman1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 3   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
i got most of the achievements in a few hours with the two controller method. thanks.

RROD #1 - 12/06/06, RROD #2 - 04/20/07, RROD #3 - 09/18/07, RROD #4 - 05/19/08

E 74 #1 - 07/07/09

click >here< for my list of games that need a boosting or co-op partner
Hitchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:14 PM   #15
Birky

teh Birkinat0r's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
All on the Line 20
Win 10 online games.

Can be easily obtained if you are boosting with a friend. Just simply play 10 online games and win. Can be done even faster if you just play "Short Games". If you are not boosting this I suggest saving these achievements until you have at least 40 of the 50 achievements. A lot of people that play online will have had the questions asked to them before and will have an advantage, so to even out the odds or give you a slight edge I would play some games offline first. You get repeat questions online more frequently than if you were to play offline because it doesn't save which questions you were already given.

So... this can be done in a private match? Just want to be sure before I try it
Old 11-24-2008, 11:30 PM   #16
JC

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birky View Post
So... this can be done in a private match? Just want to be sure before I try it
There are not private matches, just public ones and you can invite friends in.

So yes, you can boost this with 1 other person.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:23 AM   #17
krustyt3hcl0wn

sweet guide thanks
krustyt3hcl0wn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 12:18 PM   #18
craven trio

Quote:
Home Alone 40
Score 300,000 + points in a Solo Game.

The key to getting a high score here is to only buzz in if you know the answer because correct answers in a row build a multiplier that doesn't go away unless you get a question wrong.
Huh, it seems most rounds where I don't push anything at all (both buzz-in and when the choices are on the screen) it resets my multiplier in a solo game!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedle Zelnip View Post
One tip for playing the solo mode: for at least crossword questions, if you buzz in but don't pick an answer, it doesn't count against your multiplier. This helped my wife get the achievement as in the crossword one she had a 10x multiplier going in, accidently hit the big bumper but had no idea what the answer was so didn't answer and kept her x10 multiplier.
Definitely doesn't work on all buzz-in rounds for me, I tried buzzing in and not answering on movie posters and I got the question wrong and multiplier reset.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
There are not private matches, just public ones and you can invite friends in.
In the menu it's called "invite-only game", the description calls it "private", and no pubbies seem to turn up while I'm waiting! You can invite friends in "public" matches anyway, there's no ranked/unranked so no difference for achievements.
craven trio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 12:33 PM   #19
JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by craven trio View Post
Huh, it seems most rounds where I don't push anything at all (both buzz-in and when the choices are on the screen) it resets my multiplier in a solo game!

Definitely doesn't work on all buzz-in rounds for me, I tried buzzing in and not answering on movie posters and I got the question wrong and multiplier reset.

In the menu it's called "invite-only game", the description calls it "private", and no pubbies seem to turn up while I'm waiting! You can invite friends in "public" matches anyway, there's no ranked/unranked so no difference for achievements.
Clear your cache, the patch contained a glitch where you lose your multiplier in Solo Game even if you do Buzz in or answer.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:47 PM   #20
craven trio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
Clear your cache, the patch contained a glitch where you lose your multiplier in Solo Game even if you do Buzz in or answer.
edit: wait, you mean play WITHOUT the update right? Whoops, I should read better. OK, got it now, playing offline after clearing the cache! And buzzing in for movie posters then not answering doesn't reset multiplier either, same as described above for crosswords. Thanks

edit: Much better, got 300,000 (just barely) first try without the patch. Feels a bit cheap to undo a patch, but it works.

Last edited by craven trio; 11-30-2008 at 01:21 PM.
craven trio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 01:10 PM   #21
JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by craven trio View Post
edit: wait, you mean play WITHOUT the update right? Whoops, I should read better. OK, got it now, playing offline after clearing the cache! And buzzing in for movie posters then not answering doesn't reset multiplier either, same as described above for crosswords. Thanks
Yeah, play without the patch offline.

If you Buzz in and dont answer you lose your multiplier, so dont buzz in unless you know the answer.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:41 AM   #22
CrustyDirtDemon

CrustyDirtDemon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Can Someone please elaborate on this 2 Controller method for obtaining answers as implied by the GUIDE, I buzz in with a second controller, and YES it shows what the answer options are, but after the time runs out it does no show me the correct answer, the only time the correct answer show up is after picking wrong with both controllers, or letting the time run out all together, so how does the two controllers even help besides allowing you to see the available answers before you pick one with the correct controller...

Any help will be apreciated...

Is this something to do with the UPDATE for the game since people are mentioning it for the multipler thing...
Old 12-01-2008, 07:04 AM   #23
FlamedLiquid
Banned User

FlamedLiquid's Gamercard

It wont show you the correct answer. The 2 controller method helps though so you can see the choices. You still have to know the correct answer. Its just this way you dont have to buzz in and get the question wrong. By having the 2nd controller buzz in it lets you see the answers. Because if you buzz in and still if you dont answer.it counts as getting the question wrong.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:25 AM   #24
FlamedLiquid
Banned User

FlamedLiquid's Gamercard

Added a Notes section.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:59 PM   #25
Management

Alaska Has Eyes's Gamercard
Nice guide just got this
Couple of questions...Should i play offline to achieve 300K ach easier? And theres another that the patch makes harder?
Management is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:48 PM   #26
edd__
Banned User

zigs00's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Management View Post
Couple of questions...Should i play offline to achieve 300K ach easier? And theres another that the patch makes harder?
yeah, clear your cache and play offline for the 300k achievement. The rest, shouldn't matter at all about the update.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:29 AM   #27
Management

Alaska Has Eyes's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by edd__ View Post
yeah, clear your cache and play offline for the 300k achievement. The rest, shouldn't matter at all about the update.
Ok thanks,just one more thing...Can you tell me the septs to erase cahce
Management is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:50 AM   #28
edd__
Banned User

zigs00's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Management View Post
Ok thanks,just one more thing...Can you tell me the septs to erase cahce
Old 12-06-2008, 06:36 AM   #29
FlamedLiquid
Banned User

FlamedLiquid's Gamercard

lol. I'd tell u if I knew off hand the button sequence to clear the cache.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:59 PM   #30
kingofkings dfa

LegendKillerDFA's Gamercard
so how do you clear your cahce? cuz i dont have a clue?
do you lose any other game saves like if your doing any story lines?

Last edited by kingofkings dfa; 12-06-2008 at 09:02 PM.
kingofkings dfa is offline   Reply With Quote