PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Spider-Man: Web of Shadows
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-04-2008, 01:38 AM   #1
thebamf

Send a message via AIM to thebamf

thebamf85's Gamercard
symbiote samples?

hey...so i have all these optional missions to collect different symbiote samples...i just dont know how to do that...if anyone could help me out that would be great.
thebamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:10 AM   #2
judagrmn

TheSativaCyborg's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebamf View Post
hey...so i have all these optional missions to collect different symbiote samples...i just dont know how to do that...if anyone could help me out that would be great.
I got some of them just by killing any symbiote I saw excluding the zombies in the streets since they are just normal. If you have done tons of the other optional missions and have the achievements, I would skip the samples because myself and another member on here never found 2 of them so they are possibly unobtainable.

30K - March 7, 2010
judagrmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:26 AM   #3
thebamf

Send a message via AIM to thebamf

thebamf85's Gamercard
hey thanx...ive got the achevement for half the optional goals but not the complete 60 bonus....do you know how many there are total cuz it seems like i've done alot but i wanna make sure i get 60.
thebamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:46 AM   #4
RockstarSuicide

Send a message via AIM to RockstarSuicide Send a message via MSN to RockstarSuicide Send a message via Yahoo to RockstarSuicide

RockstarSuicide's Gamercard
Just keep playing the game UNTIL you get to the mission that tells you that you can't finish any outstanding optional missions... My guess is not all 6 are available from the start... I mean I only see the big symbiotes now and then, haven't seen the white ones in a while and haven't seen the flyers or electric ones

100% Arcade:
UNO (January 17th, 2009)
RockstarSuicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:28 PM   #5
darthmushu

darthmushu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
No they are not available from the start. I forget the names but first you get the small black ones. Then after different missions you get more. i don't know the order but vulture and electro open a couple. The protect shield barrier opens another. In any case, there is no sure way to collect the sample. some cases i killed a couple and got it and sometimes i had to kill 20 or 30 before i would get the sample. its is just random.

Retail Completed: 156 total

Arcade Completed: 108 total

FIRST in the WORLD to beat zombie wranglers. Stupid MP acheevs.
darthmushu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:46 PM   #6
RockstarSuicide

Send a message via AIM to RockstarSuicide Send a message via MSN to RockstarSuicide Send a message via Yahoo to RockstarSuicide

RockstarSuicide's Gamercard
What is the name of the strong symbiote. I'm wondering if I got it already. That and the white ones (non zombie)

Edit: Ok I don't know which ones are the berserker ones and which are the slasher ones... Thoughts?

100% Arcade:
UNO (January 17th, 2009)

Last edited by RockstarSuicide; 11-06-2008 at 11:21 PM.
RockstarSuicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 03:27 PM   #7
TheRob1976

Location: I reside in Crawfordsville, AR, hey it's a quiet place.

GoblinKing76's Gamercard
"To obtain a sample , you must be near the symbiotes when they explode and you must press the Y button. I didn't figure this out until my third or fourth sample" That is something I read from someone in the Xbox.com forums for Web of Shadows, I'm in the process of getting the optional mission achievements and I am going to try this out after work.

Hope this works...
TheRob1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:54 PM   #8
LumberJock

LumberJock's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockstarSuicide View Post
What is the name of the strong symbiote. I'm wondering if I got it already. That and the white ones (non zombie)

Edit: Ok I don't know which ones are the berserker ones and which are the slasher ones... Thoughts?
Beserkers are the pure red ones. You will not be able to fight one of them until the mission where SHIELD is moving their base from Stark Tower to Fisk Tower.

Slashers are the white ones. You will see them "slash" at the air.

Hope this helps.

LJ
Retail: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Lego Batman, Spider-Man: Web of Shadows, Lego Indiana Jones, Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Bourne Conspiracy, The Incredible Hulk, Fable 2 (1350/1350), Assassin's Creed 2
LumberJock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:57 PM   #9
LumberJock

LumberJock's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRob1976 View Post
"To obtain a sample , you must be near the symbiotes when they explode and you must press the Y button. I didn't figure this out until my third or fourth sample" That is something I read from someone in the Xbox.com forums for Web of Shadows, I'm in the process of getting the optional mission achievements and I am going to try this out after work.

Hope this works...
No, keep beating on a symbiote past when its life bar has expired. This should help you free people from symbiotes and capture a sample.

LJ
Retail: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Lego Batman, Spider-Man: Web of Shadows, Lego Indiana Jones, Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Bourne Conspiracy, The Incredible Hulk, Fable 2 (1350/1350), Assassin's Creed 2
LumberJock is offline   Reply With Quote