PhoenixRising17

Send a message via MSN to PhoenixRising17

PhoenixRising17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0UNIK0RN View Post
yes you can buy it from the girl at Craterside supplies in Megaton =]
Pff thanks. I though I was screwed. Great guide btw. It helped me alot and will help me alot

-Credit goes to Snowman for the awesome sig-

-Looking for partner Spec ops missions on veteran MW2-
PhoenixRising17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:23 PM   #32
Y0UNIK0RN

RuIet's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tieg View Post
4 quick observations if I may be so bold.

1. Don't forget to put the GS you get for each achievement.

2. Your links to the other threads and the photobucket stuff are not working for me....is anyone else having that problem? Or is it just me.

3. Someone mentioned that there was a shortcut for the locksmith achievement...I"ll look for it and edit it into this reply when I find it.

4. This battling over whose guide is better is very distracting. Can we take that stuff to another thread or have the applicable parties pm each other. I'm trying to sort through the different replies to make sure I'm not posting something that someone else has posted and someone is always bashing someone about some other guide or why another guide or this or that....its damn distracting and a tad bit childish. If you don't like this guide...don't reply...just move on. If you want to add to it or help the author or give him kudos or corrections GREAT.

Take that other crap somewhere else. That is whats killing ALL these guide submissions.......to much stuff to sort through that is not connected to the guide itself.
I'm in the process of putting how much is worth in just taking a bit getting everything in order while trying to watch over the little kids in the house lol and I was trying to find the location for that lock pick trick couldn't find it so it would be a lot of help and the links you kind of have to copy and paste but they should be working fine just tried them. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Y0UNIK0RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:30 PM   #33
DJbruce

Send a message via MSN to DJbruce

Scottish Husky's Gamercard
Quote:
I'm all for putting guides together don't get me wrong, it's just that people are like well mine part is better and with this guide I just tried to combine everything instead of everything being clustered all over the place. If you have anything from your guide that will help mine please let me know I will gladly put it in mine and give you credit.

And yes I will post a map that just has every location circle just give me about 10 minutes or so
I'm just going to help you instead. 1 day I'd like to make my own guide. But today is not that day. So I'll just help you instead. I mean 2 guys (or girl) working on one guide is better than 2 incomplete guides.

DJbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:49 PM   #34
PhoenixRising17

Send a message via MSN to PhoenixRising17

PhoenixRising17's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tieg View Post
2. Your links to the other threads and the photobucket stuff are not working for me....is anyone else having that problem? Or is it just me.

3. Someone mentioned that there was a shortcut for the locksmith achievement...I"ll look for it and edit it into this reply when I find it.

EDIT: Here it is - at the Farragut West Metro Station which I believe is east of Super Duper Mart is an easy lock safe that can be unlocked and locked via a nearby terminal. This allows you to pick the safe over and over until the achievement pops.
2.Only 1 link work for me the other links don't work for me too. (I mean by clicking on them, the link is not broken or something)
3.Put that in the Tricks and Glitch thread :O very usefull

And I agree with the combination of all guides. Message them and make one super guide

-Credit goes to Snowman for the awesome sig-

-Looking for partner Spec ops missions on veteran MW2-
PhoenixRising17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:56 PM   #35
Y0UNIK0RN

RuIet's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising17 View Post
2.Only 1 link work for me the other links don't work for me too. (I mean by clicking on them, the link is not broken or something)
3.Put that in the Tricks and Glitch thread :O very usefull

And I agree with the combination of all guides. Message them and make one super guide
I can't seem to get it to where you can just click it to get to the map instead of having to copy and paste got any ideas how to get that to work?

And I'm currently working with someone with his help on this guide.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:00 PM   #36
Projekt

Quote:
The Wasteland Survival Guide- 20

3. Travel to Minefield and retrieve a mine or just get hit with one [I REPEAT DO NOT KILL THE SNIPER IN THAT TOWN HE IS NEEDED FOR ANOTHER QUEST]
What do you mean I cant kill the sniper...... this is the first i've heard of this. what quest do you need him to complete and get an achieve for?
Projekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:05 PM   #37
Y0UNIK0RN

RuIet's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projekt View Post
What do you mean I cant kill the sniper...... this is the first i've heard of this. what quest do you need him to complete and get an achieve for?
You need him for Strictly Business because he asks you to enslave the sniper in minefield and obviously if he is dead you can't do that.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:33 PM   #38
Projekt

Quote:
You need him for Strictly Business because he asks you to enslave the sniper in minefield and obviously if he is dead you can't do that.
Looks like You can kill him and still get the achievment. I'll test it out tonight. Thanks!!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ighlight=slave
Projekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:36 PM   #39
ElboBlie

boy called Kill's Gamercard
Quote:
You don't need the Sniper "Arkansas", I can confirm this. Completed "Strictly Business" Quest with only one Slave.

I have read two to three other people that said they don't need him, also check fallout.wikia.com they say the same.
ElboBlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:47 PM   #40
Y0UNIK0RN

RuIet's Gamercard

alright Ill add that
Old 11-04-2008, 09:49 PM   #41
DJbruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElboBlie View Post
You don't need the Sniper "Arkansas", I can confirm this. Completed "Strictly Business" Quest with only one Slave.

I have read two to three other people that said they don't need him, also check fallout.wikia.com they say the same.
I have the guide if you wanted me to check that.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:06 AM   #42
Y0UNIK0RN

RuIet's Gamercard

they are right it is still possible to get the achievement.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:38 AM   #43
BodomJordan

BodomJordan's Gamercard
Can someone help me? I want the quick shortcut to the "Keys Are For Cowards" achievement, but I went to Farragut Metro Station, but can't find where this safe is. Anybody want to give me a bit of insight on this?
Old 11-05-2008, 01:42 AM   #44
Y0UNIK0RN

RuIet's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodomJordan View Post
Can someone help me? I want the quick shortcut to the "Keys Are For Cowards" achievement, but I went to Farragut Metro Station, but can't find where this safe is. Anybody want to give me a bit of insight on this?
I would help but I've never done that glitch myself everyone else talks about it so I put it in the guide. wish I could be more helpful on that.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:59 AM   #45
DLStChad II

I like this guide, it actually really helpful. Definently the best of the 4, needs a little work but nothing time cant cure, way to go.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:03 AM   #46
SuperNova X2X

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thanks for the awesome guide. Looks like it will be really useful when I get this.

Great job
SuperNova X2X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:16 PM   #47
Law

Avisole's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Amazing job, I'll be using this one.
Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:40 PM   #48
DJbruce

Glad to see you got a sticky .

Old 11-05-2008, 02:27 PM   #49
GTukC

GTukC's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJbruce View Post
Glad to see you got a sticky .
Glad to see you not jumping on anyone who even dares post a slither of help .

Cracking guide by the way, haven't bothered with any of the others. Any help on how to get to Takoma Industrial though, I have it on my map just don't know how to get to it. Thanks.
GTukC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:41 PM   #50
Tieg

Tieg's Gamercard
Quote:
I would help but I've never done that glitch myself everyone else talks about it so I put it in the guide. wish I could be more helpful on that.
Younikorn - I'm looking into this particular glitch. A buddy of mine told me about it and I myself had seen several references to this particular glitch but I already had the achievement so I never tested it out. However, now I am looking at the guide and I don't see any terminal in farragut that unlocks a safe....there is one that unlocks a protectron. However, not all is lost...Farragut connects to Tenleytown/Friendship station and there is a terminal that unlocks a wall safe there. I've got to go to work right now but when I get home I'll test it out. If someone else wants to test it out the terminal and safe in question at that location is located just inside the entrance/exit to the capital wasteland. Let us know your results. Looks like you have to clean out Ghoul Genus, Radroaches, and Super Mutant Genus.
FRIENDSHIP: A smile. A hug. A touch. A tender thought. Friends are for holding your hand, for sharing your laughter and for wiping away your tears. We all need friends. Even when we're trying to take over the universe. Only then they're just pond-life, to be used for their military knowledge and diplomatic skills, then spat out and urinated on from a great height. Proving their worth as mere stepping stones on the road to your goal as the ultimate leader. That's what friends are for.
Tieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:57 PM   #51
madcap1

Send a message via MSN to madcap1

madcap182's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Great work on the guide guys. Its super. Thanks for putting the time and effort into this.

Please send a message along with a friends request. No message = it will just get denied. Thanks

madcap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:02 PM   #52
GTukC

GTukC's Gamercard
Madcap dude do you know how to get to Takoma Industries? I know where it is just not how to get there?
Old 11-05-2008, 04:20 PM   #53
madcap1

Send a message via MSN to madcap1

madcap182's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTukC View Post
Madcap dude do you know how to get to Takoma Industries? I know where it is just not how to get there?
Takoma Industrial (that's east of the GNR Building, at the end of the map): The Behemoth is just north of the factory standing in the middle of bunch of wrecked cars.

got it from http://planetfallout.gamespy.com/wik...tant_Behemoths

Please send a message along with a friends request. No message = it will just get denied. Thanks

madcap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:28 PM   #54
GTukC

GTukC's Gamercard
Do you know how to walk there, because from every direction I try and go it is just blocked off by a mountain of rubble. I have tried from around 4 different locations but to no avail. Thanks.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:00 PM   #55
Y0UNIK0RN

RuIet's Gamercard

Thanks everyone.

& what I'm working on right now is how to get to each location needed, for an achievement. Sorry I haven't posted it yet but there will be one.

& about the glitch yeah I never tried it myself but there was also like 2 other people that said it worked so maybe it does. If not I'll just take it out.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:42 PM   #56
martdude16

KILL3R N4SH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
An excellent guide thank you very much, ill definately use this.

martdude16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:14 PM   #57
Seany Show

Seany Sh0w's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Donator - Level 3   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Im stuck on 'Those' achievement.Have rescued the town of fire ants, found the little boys aunt in rivet city to take him in but when I go back to Springvale to tell him I cant find the little boy at all.Not near the diner that i had left him at!!Any help is appreciated??

GSL 12 starting gamerscore 377,387
Seany Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:20 PM   #58
Y0UNIK0RN

RuIet's Gamercard

Have you tried going back to the aunt because sometimes characters will just fast travel themselves to the location needed and maybe by finding a home for him he already went there? I just personally left him in the town so this is the best advice I can give.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:47 PM   #59
Axe Argonian

Send a message via Skype™ to Axe Argonian

Axe Argonian's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
This is definitely the best guide so far. However, I will help you out with the Weaponsmith Achievement.

This is a good note:

Most items necessary for making some weapons are located in the Super Duper Mart. Search in the back rooms in the Mart.

As for the hard-to-find motorcycle handbrake, you will find it in Smith Casey's Garage (Way west of Megaton).

Axe Argonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:00 PM   #60
Tieg

Tieg's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seany Show View Post
Im stuck on 'Those' achievement.Have rescued the town of fire ants, found the little boys aunt in rivet city to take him in but when I go back to Springvale to tell him I cant find the little boy at all.Not near the diner that i had left him at!!Any help is appreciated??
Wasn't he in Greyditch? In the little portapotty next to the diner? Thats where he was when I completed the quest. Are you in the right town?
FRIENDSHIP: A smile. A hug. A touch. A tender thought. Friends are for holding your hand, for sharing your laughter and for wiping away your tears. We all need friends. Even when we're trying to take over the universe. Only then they're just pond-life, to be used for their military knowledge and diplomatic skills, then spat out and urinated on from a great height. Proving their worth as mere stepping stones on the road to your goal as the ultimate leader. That's what friends are for.
Tieg is offline   Reply With Quote