PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Racing > Vigilante 8: Arcade
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-07-2008, 11:14 AM   #1
BlutRoyale

Send a message via ICQ to BlutRoyale

BlutRoyale's Gamercard
Achievment Guide

Learner's Permit5 Just destroy one vehicle. comes while doing other achievements. will only unlock at the end of the round.

Charge-Up Trainee5 See Charge-Up Pro.
Whammy Master10 Just fire two or more weapons at the same time at an enemy vehicle. you will get feedback from the game. you need 100 whammys. also you get extra Salvage Points
Grease Monkey10 See Top Mechanic.
Quest: Unleaded10 See Quest: High Octane.
Charge-Up Pro20 to fire 100 Charge-Up Attacks you just need to hold down the weaponbutton until it is charged. its good to use it often cause you deal much more dmg.
Total Pro20 just destroy 100 cars by killing them while you using you special weapon on them.
Alien Contact20 Collect all 100 'Alien' icons in single player is the most anoying on. just destroy everything in freeplay mode. Trees, building, bridges. 20 icons each map.
Quest: Super Unleaded20 See Quest: High Octane .
King O' Online20 just win 10 games online doesnt count if playing ranked or not.
Quest: High Octane30 If you beat single player on hard with each vehicle you unlock all 3 achievements easy/medium/hard.
If you cant beat it do the following:
- fully upgrade your vehicle by collecting salvage points on easy/medium
- do hit and run tactic. just fire charged up attacks on the enemy. if youre running out of health go as fast as you can and collect reapair icons. double tab forward key. then go for the next enemy vehicle. go for sure to have full health for the 3. round boss.
Top Mechanic30 If you play easy/medium/hard with all characters you should get enough Salvage Points to upgrade the vehicle. you need 200 Points for each. use whammys to get more points.
BlutRoyale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:26 PM   #2
master_shake_350

Send a message via MSN to master_shake_350 Send a message via Skype™ to master_shake_350

a box of fish's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlutRoyale View Post
Learner's Permit5 Just destroy one vehicle. comes while doing other achievements. will only unlock at the end of the round.

Charge-Up Trainee5 See Charge-Up Pro.
Whammy Master10 Just fire two or more weapons at the same time at an enemy vehicle. you will get feedback from the game. you need 100 whammys. also you get extra Salvage Points
Grease Monkey10 See Top Mechanic.
Quest: Unleaded10 See Quest: High Octane.
Charge-Up Pro20 to fire 100 Charge-Up Attacks you just need to hold down the weaponbutton until it is charged. its good to use it often cause you deal much more dmg.
Total Pro20 just destroy 100 cars by killing them while you using you special weapon on them.
Alien Contact20 Collect all 100 'Alien' icons in single player is the most anoying on. just destroy everything in freeplay mode. Trees, building, bridges. 20 icons each map.
Quest: Super Unleaded20 See Quest: High Octane .
King O' Online20 just win 10 games online doesnt count if playing ranked or not.
Quest: High Octane30 If you beat single player on hard with each vehicle you unlock all 3 achievements easy/medium/hard.
If you cant beat it do the following:
- fully upgrade your vehicle by collecting salvage points on easy/medium
- do hit and run tactic. just fire charged up attacks on the enemy. if youre running out of health go as fast as you can and collect reapair icons. double tab forward key. then go for the next enemy vehicle. go for sure to have full health for the 3. round boss.
Top Mechanic30 If you play easy/medium/hard with all characters you should get enough Salvage Points to upgrade the vehicle. you need 200 Points for each. use whammys to get more points.
Dam you I was going to make one! (actually I made one but didn't submit because I only have half the achievements)

:(
Old 11-07-2008, 06:32 PM   #3
Aya Fujimiya

Cool

Uhm, I have a slight addition to make to Easy/Medium/Hard achievements.

Upgrade Vehicles via Easy, level 1 and then proceed onto Medium/hard and locate the cannons and rockets. Rockets take a little aiming but deal massive damage - Cannon is also a HUGE bonus because for some reason the AI seems to get stunned when it gets hit with it. Using both also adds towards the Whammy achievement.

EDIT: I should point out the stunning only occurs at 2x-3x charge, sorry forget that earlier
Old 11-10-2008, 01:07 AM   #4
El Capitaine

El Capitaine's Gamercard
anybody know the combos yet?

Retail 1250: Oblivion
Retail 1000: Amped 3 | Burnout Paradise | Fuzion Frenzy 2 | Halo 3 | Madden 06 | MLB 2K6 | Phantasy Star Universe
XBLA 200: Bomberman LIVE | Portal: Still Alive | Sonic the Hedgehog | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 | Undertow | UNO
El Capitaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:12 PM   #5
donkeljohn

Donkeljohn's Gamercard
The information provided for Alien Contact is insufficient to help everybody get the alien icons. A separate, more detailed directory of locations is really necessary to call the guide complete.
donkeljohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:03 AM   #6
BlutRoyale

Send a message via ICQ to BlutRoyale

BlutRoyale's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeljohn View Post
The information provided for Alien Contact is insufficient to help everybody get the alien icons. A separate, more detailed directory of locations is really necessary to call the guide complete.
Ive got 200/200 points and i realy think more detailed is not nesessary because if you just destroy !everything! you find them all in about 10-20 min/map. But if you cant find one on a spec. map just tell me. some locations are harder to find but as i said just keep destroying.
BlutRoyale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:24 AM   #7
ConcreteSnake

ConcreteSnake's Gamercard
Help!

I have found 99 of the alien icons and am missing the last one on the Ski Lodge level...Is there one in an obscure spot or an indestructable tree or something because i blew everything and and could not find it...thanks for any help anyone can give me

HTML Code:
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/ConcreteSnake.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">ConcreteSnake.</iframe>
ConcreteSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:07 PM   #8
General Rebel

General Rebel's Gamercard
how long

for achievements - how hard?

My Gamertag IS General Rebel

General Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:20 AM   #9
Pyrosox11

Send a message via AIM to Pyrosox11 Send a message via MSN to Pyrosox11

Pyrosox11's Gamercard
i would rate it a 6/10 for difficulty some achievements are hard it would probs take you 6-8 hours to beat everything and get all the achievements if you have played before. If not I would say around 10 hours
-Assassin's Creed
-Assassin's Creed II
-Skate
-NBA Street Homecourt
-Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

200 Club
-Castle Crashers
-Vigilante 8: Arcade
-1 vs 100
-
Pyrosox11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:27 AM   #10
Drake O'Phile

Dracophile's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrosox11 View Post
i would rate it a 6/10 for difficulty some achievements are hard it would probs take you 6-8 hours to beat everything and get all the achievements if you have played before. If not I would say around 10 hours
Not counting the time I spent fiddling around getting used to the new XBLA port and its differences from the PlayStation versions, it only took me about 4 to 5 hours to unlock all of the achievements, with the exception of the Online one. I tend to never get those because much like with Marble Blast and Sonic the Hedgehog, I'm very good at it and people either leave halfway through or I get bad feedback because they suck at the game.

Need boosting on lots of random games (Vigilante 8, E.W. Jim, Gauntlet, Scrap Metal, etc) - I've got lots of arcade games, if you need boosting in a particular game just ask! My GT is "Dracophile", shoot me a message anytime!
Drake O'Phile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:29 AM   #11
tdworldbreaker

Send a message via AIM to tdworldbreaker Send a message via MSN to tdworldbreaker

TD BradleyHeat's Gamercard
does anyone know if you can get these on multiplayer?
my brother and my cousin are attempting to find the aliens together. haven't found any yet. and they are also about to try to whammy each other and salvage each other but are still looking for aliens.

if i find anything, i'll post.
tdworldbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:32 AM   #12
tdworldbreaker

Send a message via AIM to tdworldbreaker Send a message via MSN to tdworldbreaker

yeah my cousin killed my brother and dropped no salvage points.

you have to be on quest mode

oh well, shouldn't be too hard to get these achievements.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:06 AM   #13
tdworldbreaker

Just wanted to add to the search for aliens:

You can go into free-roam mode by yourself and destroy everything without other cars trying to destroy you, then you can leave once all 20 are collected.
It makes it a lot easier
Old 07-19-2010, 03:40 PM   #14
Unh0ly bLinD

Thanks for this guide. The achievements are pretty self-explanatory. Only thing I don't know about this game is the Salvage points. Do they automatically upgrade your car, or do you need to do that yourself?
Unh0ly bLinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:33 PM   #15
AcidGlowx81

acidglowx81's Gamercard
Does upgrading your vehicle with salvage points to ANYTHING besides the achievement?
I upgaded 1 car and it looks the same.. I don't see a change..