PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty 3
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 12:32 PM   #361
TheIcemanCometh

Send a message via ICQ to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via AIM to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via MSN to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via Yahoo to TheIcemanCometh

TheIcemanCometh's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGERBOOBOO View Post
Why am I having problems inviting people to boost with? ANyone else having this problem? I never had this problem in COD2 or COD4. It simply will not let me invite people on my friends list to play a ranked match. How screwed up is this? Also, Treyarch really messed up by not allowing the players to lobby together after the game. Just like in MOH:AIrborne. Thank goodness i have all but one MP achievement left on that game.

Very frustrating to even get a match started, especially when you cannot stay in the lobby like in COD2, ETc.
You can't send game invites to Ranked games. The idea is to be playing games against people based on similar abilities, not on being able to invite your friends and artificially boost your rank (not that there aren't ways around THAT).

The way this is typically done is to get all your friends into a PLAYER match first, then then once that match is over, all of you hit the Ranked Match lobbies at the same time, increasing your chances of being able to play with the people you want to play with.
Xbox Community Developer Program (XCDP) member. Please do not message or IM me asking for access to or sharing of my access. The XCDP is currently closed and is not accepting new members at this time.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:02 PM   #362
TIGERBOOBOO

TIGERBOOBOO's Gamercard
Thanks ICEMAN. And to the other guy who asked how hard are these achievements? They are not hard as they are based mainly on winning a match as a team, getting 10 revives without a team kill and ammo supply.the rest are predicated on points. Very doable.....IF you have the people on ranked matches.....BUT.....they are very time consuming....as in.........at the rate I am going just starting the MP online.....it may take me 5 months to get general.......maybe longer. We will see. Just an estimation by me. I could be wrong.

Last edited by TIGERBOOBOO; 01-03-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:05 PM   #363
M85A21
Banned User

Oldedog's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
If you guys are up for just playing as well, I may bump into you, CoD 3 is such a good game.
I just don't like boosting in it.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:08 PM   #364
TIGERBOOBOO

TIGERBOOBOO's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillan View Post
anyone who is boosting please add me "rillan"

thx

i euro btw
I'll send you a message. WHat country are you in?
Old 01-03-2008, 06:53 PM   #365
aston158

COD3 boosting add me i've boost few times before and need to reach general

GT - aston158
Old 01-03-2008, 09:21 PM   #366
Rillan

Rillan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGERBOOBOO View Post
I'll send you a message. WHat country are you in?

UK, Scotland
Old 01-04-2008, 11:32 AM   #367
Hexrapper

Lucky Hex's Gamercard
I'm up for this, I'll see about sending invites tomorrow to some of you guys, anyone else who I don't hit up if you're still doing this please hit me up if you see this. I'm not fantastic at the game but it's a lot of fun so for the most part it's all I've been playing 360-wise.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:54 PM   #368
TIGERBOOBOO

TIGERBOOBOO's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillan View Post
UK, Scotland
Oh, ok. I work with a few scottish guys. See ya online.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:40 PM   #369
cg Raptor

cg raptor's Gamercard
Hey guys. It's been a while since i posted on here mainly because of the "Great Xbox LIVE outage of 2007. I just wanted to let everyone know that I got General today after only 3 weeks of boosting. I will still be helping out once in a while. I have elected TheIcemanCometh as the new leader. Send him a message if you want to join his group. I have provided a shortcut to his profile below. http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/p...heIcemanCometh
Old 01-05-2008, 01:56 AM   #370
glasstiger50

DaBigMeat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
So, if I sent him a friend request and told him why, could I get in on the boosting?
Old 01-05-2008, 02:03 AM   #371
TheIcemanCometh

Send a message via ICQ to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via AIM to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via MSN to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via Yahoo to TheIcemanCometh

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasstiger50 View Post
So, if I sent him a friend request and told him why, could I get in on the boosting?
Yes. Please attach a message.
Xbox Community Developer Program (XCDP) member. Please do not message or IM me asking for access to or sharing of my access. The XCDP is currently closed and is not accepting new members at this time.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:17 AM   #372
glasstiger50

DaBigMeat's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIcemanCometh View Post
Yes. Please attach a message.
Alright, I did. When do you guys meet and how often?
Old 01-05-2008, 03:27 AM   #373
TheIcemanCometh

Quote:
Alright, I did. When do you guys meet and how often?
We try to meet during the week starting at 5:00pm Eastern Time. What we normally do is set up a player match and see who wants to play. Those people get invited into the (private) player match. When we have eight people (works best with eight because it's the minimum number to start a match - more than that can cause issues), the leader will change the options in the player match, after which COD3 starts a 30-second countdown before the changes take effect. Once the timer counts down to 2 seconds, we all quit at the same time and go straight to searching for a Ranked Capture the Flag match. That increases the chances of (hopefully) a lot of us getting into the same lobby. There may be times when we get MOST but not ALL of the players in. Don't be too disappointed when that happens to you - it's happened to everyone at least once.

On weekends (Friday and Saturday nights), I normally can't start until 10pm, as I get my kids on weekends and that's when they go go bed. On Sundays, I can start around 7pm. That's not to say that you guys can't go on specifically without me, Raptor, or any other "designated leader." Once you've done it a few times, you know what to do.

One other thing I'd like to add is that we need to be VERY careful about how we conduct ourselves during these matches. While we usually try to ask the "random" people that get matched up with us if they want to play a "points match" not everyone will want to, and when the game starts, some people will even try their d*mndest to actively disrupt what we're trying to do. Normally, we've been making them a "non-preferred" player in the feedback system so hopefully XBL won't match them up with us. However, after the issues of XBL the last 10 days or so, I have heard that they are going to be a little more active in looking for people doing just this sort of thing (boosting). We need to be a little more courteous when we come across the "undesirables" as far as boosting goes so we don't draw attention to ourselves - just ignore them, and try to finish out the match as normal and move on to the next one.

EDIT: I am sick today, so I won't be playing any matches tonight.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:48 AM   #374
glasstiger50

DaBigMeat's Gamercard

I have school until 5:30 EST during the week. So does that mean I miss out on it? Weekends, however, I'm fine though.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:57 AM   #375
TheIcemanCometh

Quote:
I have school until 5:30 EST during the week. So does that mean I miss out on it? Weekends, however, I'm fine though.
No. Don't panic.

There will be plenty of time for matches. I can normally play NLT 11pm during the week, so anytime anyone can get on and try and play, just check your Friends list to see if anyone else is playing and try and join in.

One other thing to keep in mind here. Pease dont take this the wrong way, but I'm not here (nor was Raptor) to be anyone's mother in all this. Once we get our points, we'll hang around for a few days or so to help others "behind" us get theirs as a way to say thanks for helping us get ours. We try not to abandon people, certainly, but we also won't be around to do this with and for everyone until they get everything they need - we have other games we'd like to play.

Raptor has his, now he's passing it off to me. When I'm done, someone else will take over, etc.

Last edited by TheIcemanCometh; 01-05-2008 at 04:02 AM.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:32 AM   #376
glasstiger50

DaBigMeat's Gamercard

No, no it's cool. As long as someone else is there to willingly lead and to do a good job at it, it's fine.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:27 AM   #377
dave83

Hi there. I'm new here, but i'm up for some point games! Ill send TheIcemanCometh a friends request with message. I'm in the UK buut should be able to get on most times with notice.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:57 AM   #378
BRUTAL Atreyu

BRUTAL Strykout's Gamercard
hey there icemancometh id like to get in on this as well so ill send u a fr on xbl
Old 01-06-2008, 10:11 AM   #379
Stevedawg313

Send a message via AIM to Stevedawg313

Stevedawg313's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Can someone help me get supply officer? I just need someone to pick up 20 boxes for me lol, and I'll help you with any achievement you need that needs another person.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:43 PM   #380
iRKOu

AZNMamba24's Gamercard
i'll help anyone with the Doctor, Supplyer, and other achievements as long as they help me. i hardly can find a match right now either.. so yah... i live in USA Pacific Time and i'll be on today so send me a message.. i have a mic too btw

AZNMamba24
Old 01-06-2008, 07:48 PM   #381
Big Pympin

Go Yankees's Gamercard
I'm in. I just got 1000/1000 on COD 2 & 4 and would like to try to get it on 3. I sent FR and message to ICEMAN. Anyone elese that wants to do this send me a FR.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:42 AM   #382
o0PTIMUS PRIMEo

oWHITE WID0Wo's Gamercard
i am in send o0PTIMUS PRIMEo a friend request the O is a zero

1000+ (5)

Will boost
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3
Gears of War 3
Call of Duty: Black Ops (zombies)

Message me on here or XBL
Old 01-08-2008, 04:20 AM   #383
bakardi boy

giraffe rider's Gamercard
me and my friend want to boost send me a friend request if you guys are up for it we need 6 more people.
1.salty I3alls (thats me)
2.NCommander

Last edited by bakardi boy; 01-09-2008 at 03:37 AM.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:13 PM   #384
NCommander

Send a message via ICQ to NCommander Send a message via AIM to NCommander Send a message via MSN to NCommander Send a message via Yahoo to NCommander

NCommander's Gamercard
I'd like to get on this too, not just for boosting but for regular CoD3 game play. Send me a friend invite, but please say who you are when you send it :-)
Old 01-09-2008, 12:32 AM   #385
JEFF BAYLUN

Sorry about that guys, the game froze and now it's saying I have to recover my gamertag

So I'm doing that right now, I'll hit you guys up when it's finished.

* willing to boost Gears 3
Old 01-09-2008, 04:03 AM   #386
Dstrukt

xI Dstrukt Ix's Gamercard
Hey guys,

Sorry I've been MIA for the last few weeks. Holidays and whatnot. I should be back by next week and ready to rejoin the boosting team.

P.S. Jeff, hope you had a good new year bud.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:55 AM   #387
JEFF BAYLUN

You too playa. It's good to be hearing from you. See you soon.

* willing to boost Gears 3
Old 01-09-2008, 06:39 AM   #388
glasstiger50

DaBigMeat's Gamercard

Man, this kinda sucks. Everyone boosting is either Corporal or Major. I'm only a Captain with only 3,000 points until I'm a Major. Everyone is going to be done boosting and the online is totally going to be dead when I'm going to have like 25,000 points, and I'll never get my General. I really hope the online doesn't die until at least another couple months or so.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:18 AM   #389
chino kochino

Is there a certain day people play this game? I really want to get the achievements, but it seems like no ones ever on.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:24 AM   #390
chino kochino

send me a friend request if anyone waants to play ranked matches, to boost or whatever.
Closed Thread