PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-11-2008, 09:31 PM   #1
Aprimex77

PresidentPanda's Gamercard
... Really? I mean, are you serious?

So I'm playing through the campaign, and have begun to notice a few problems with the partner AI. Mainly when I'm bleeding on the ground, and Dom is sitting there staring off into space, conveniently deciding not to revive me, for, whatever reason. But it's not a big deal, you manage, right? So we finish a particularly manic firefight, and then I realize - I can't find Dom. He's nowhere to be seen. I check the tac-com, and it shows up as, "up". Regardless of which direction I face, he's still "up". So I look, "up",

And I see this. Picture quality too terrible? Can't make it out? I know, it's bad. So here,

I mean... what? No, that's not some secret snipe-point, and no, you can't just "go up there". I have no idea how this happened. Glitches like this are to be expected in any game, but... this is Gears. Hell, this is Gears 2. The second entry in a series loved by critics and players alike for it's frantic firefights and technical prowess. So how the hell does this sort of thing fly?

In all seriousness though, I'm in love with this game. I beat the campaign on Normal this afternoon and I'm planning on going back via co-op to beat it on Insane. I'm sure glitches like this are few and far between, but this made me laugh, so I thought I'd share it. Anyone else encountered anything like this? And if this has already been pointed out, I apologize.

Aprimex77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:34 PM   #2
SNYPER E

Send a message via MSN to SNYPER E Send a message via Yahoo to SNYPER E Send a message via Skype™ to SNYPER E

SNYPER E's Gamercard
One word, or possibly 4 , LMAO
Old 11-11-2008, 09:36 PM   #3
MuZik iNjecTioN

Send a message via AIM to MuZik iNjecTioN Send a message via MSN to MuZik iNjecTioN

MuZik iNjecTioN's Gamercard
I don't really think this is anything to really post a thread about with such seriousness lol, but still. It's a game, rather it's Gears or not. There are always glitched, just restart the checkpoint or something. I have yet to see a glitch in campaign/MP though, this is the first I have seen.

And secondly, Dominic is just superior. :]

Oklahoma City Thunder - Atlanta Falcons
MuZik iNjecTioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:41 PM   #4
Aprimex77

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuZik iNjecTioN View Post
I don't really think this is anything to really post a thread about with such seriousness lol, but still. It's a game, rather it's Gears or not. There are always glitched, just restart the checkpoint or something. I have yet to see a glitch in campaign/MP though, this is the first I have seen.

And secondly, Dominic is just superior. :]
Seriousness? Hardly. As I said, this made me laugh.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:49 PM   #5
Lord Chabelo

LordChabelo13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Playing through the entire campaign on co-op I saw a ton of glitches. The Brumak Rodeo achievement didn't unlock for me (playing as Dom), several times I was told by the person that was playing as Marcus that he could not see me bleeding out even though I kept telling him to revive me. He said it looked like Dom was walking in slow motion. On several occations I noticed Marcus was not walking, but rather float-walking above the ground. Lot's of glitches still, but I'm sure EPIC is mounting a list to fix for the first patch
Old 11-11-2008, 09:50 PM   #6
MuZik iNjecTioN

Send a message via AIM to MuZik iNjecTioN Send a message via MSN to MuZik iNjecTioN

MuZik iNjecTioN's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprimex77 View Post
Seriousness? Hardly. As I said, this made me laugh.
I got the seriousness from the title of the thread, "...Really? I mean, are you serious?" seems a little serious to me. I am just saying, no worries brotha

Oklahoma City Thunder - Atlanta Falcons
MuZik iNjecTioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:57 PM   #7
Aprimex77

It's all good MuZik, just didn't want you to think I was raising hell over it.

And yeah, I'm sure they'll get to fixin' glitches before we realize it.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:59 PM   #8
Rolyatkcinmai

Send a message via AIM to Rolyatkcinmai

Rolyatkcinmai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Yeah the AI is worthless in this one. In fact, the only part of playing coop on insane that was difficult was when you had to split up and dipshit tai or dipshit carmine would run into an ambush and stand there absorbing bullets.

100%: 50 PS3 Trophy Level: 6
If you use "cheevo" in place of "achievement" I will completely ignore your post.
100,000 hit May 23rd, 2010.
Rolyatkcinmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:04 PM   #9
madcap1

Send a message via MSN to madcap1

madcap182's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
What new game now that does not have problems it seems to be getting worse Fable2 anyone lol. It drove me nuts to crawling to doms feet and he is just standing there and then I bleed out and die.

Please send a message along with a friends request. No message = it will just get denied. Thanks

madcap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:34 PM   #10
PLAT1NUM

PLAT1NUM619's Gamercard
it happend to me too... not just with AI but with me too... the other night i was playign campaign with my friend and sometimes when i go into cover and jump over really quick it shoots me really high up... i managed to get up on this one BIG ASS statue and my friend is like "WTF!? how u get up there" lol... it was wierd... happens to me sometimes...

PLAT1NUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:44 PM   #11
SebastianSB

SebastianSB's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
::environment-based spoilers?::

I spent the entire boat chapter watching my friend's character bob up and down through the surface of the boat, as if he were standing on the water instead. He would alternate between being waist deep in metal and being a few feet in the air.

In the room where you cut the arteries and a huge gap fills with blood, it rose a few feet per second for maybe two seconds, then suddenly filled up instantaneously.

The locus AI isn't smart enough to realize running into razor hail is a bad thing, and when I finished that section and got to the part where the hail cuts out, it flickered in and out of existence several times before stopping.

When I was riding Betty in Act 1 Marcus shouted out that we would have to kill "it" just like the worm: from the inside...confusing the shit out of me because I hadn't ever been to Act 3 before at that point.

I got a sniper headshot on a helmed drone in Act 2...his head exploded and he fell down, but his helm stayed in midair. Similarly, I later chainsawed a drone, but instead of writhing and exploding he just went into his default standing position and just stood there like a hologram.

In Act 2 I somehow got stuck next to a burning building and had to wait for it to collapse a few minutes later before I could move again.

Needless to say, things have been amusing. The random glitches coupled with the laughable one liners the characters throw out have been giving my friend and I all sorts of fun stuff to talk about while we're fighting the locust horde

RBN Weekly Updates: http://www.trueachievements.com/lead...erboardid=1576
Attack of the Blog! http://sebspot.wordpress.com/
SebastianSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:11 AM   #12
mdj2010

mdj2010's Gamercard
In my first play through Dom Pinned me up against the wall and wouldnt move, then later on he sat in front f a switch i needed to get to. No matter what I did he wasn't gonna move. Thank god for Check Points!
mdj2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:41 PM   #13
Chr0n0

I've encounteed a few glitches in MP but none in campaign so far.

Encountered a glitch mentioned previously in this thread:

I was playing online with some friends at the weekend and in a few matches one of them would get downed and start bleeding out but appear to be fine to everyone else.

Not found a way to stop this one when it happens.

Encountered a new one:

A few of us got caught out by a glitch that when you spawn, keeps your weapon aimed and unable to fire/melee. Only way to stop this is to let yourself get shot once or twice.

Your character should return to normal and then you can get to cover quickly before you get killed.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:03 PM   #14
KingGotenW

Send a message via AIM to KingGotenW

King Goten W's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
I think that may have happened to me on the last act of the game. Dom disappeared and I couldn't find him anywhere. I gave up looking after 5 seconds.

Someone needs to post the picture of the serious cat here. lol

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Wings 11-10-11

KingGotenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:09 PM   #15
SuperGaz

Send a message via MSN to SuperGaz

SuperGaz27's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   SOTF Winner   SOTF Runner Up   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
While me and a couple of friends were playing horde my brother had 3 dead wrethces permantly attached to his feet for 6 rounds. Quality.

And in campaign *spoiler dont read this!!!!* during the attack on the boat by the shark thing he was hit by one of its tentacles, it didnt kill him but instead attached him to it, he was flailing 30ft in the air on the end of the tentacle for about 20 seconds before being pulled down into the water screaming help me.

I havent laughed that hard in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefJamV View Post
...I regularly take part in large herterosexual orgies with myself as the only female

SuperGaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:19 PM   #16
Tommy English

InCOGnito B2TE's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGaz View Post
While me and a couple of friends were playing horde my brother had 3 dead wrethces permantly attached to his feet for 6 rounds. Quality.

And in campaign *spoiler dont read this!!!!* during the attack on the boat by the shark thing he was hit by one of its tentacles, it didnt kill him but instead attached him to it, he was flailing 30ft in the air on the end of the tentacle for about 20 seconds before being pulled down into the water screaming help me.

I havent laughed that hard in a while.
Brilliant!! LMAO
Old 11-12-2008, 01:35 PM   #17
daninthemix

Yeah I've had Dom freeze up a couple of times. I had to protect him from those freaks in the test chambers as he was just standing there getting mauled.

Also he's blocked my way a few times.

daninthemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:39 PM   #18
Shipley0110

Shipley0110's Gamercard
I've had a couple similar to this.

Playing hoarde on avalanche with a few friends, we killed a bloudmount whilst he still had a guy on top. Said guy then proceeded to ride around the map on an invisible bloudmount, before being able to teleport to different locations.

Also in a similar scenario the bouldmount jockey ended up about 15 feet in the air after we killed his bloudmount. (again avalanche)

Had my friend crawling around in the air after being downed so unable to help him up.

1000GS or More: 19 Games inc COD 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Assassin's Creed 2, Resident Evil 5, Halo: Reach (Original 1400)

200GS or More Arcade: Dash of Destruction & Hazard

Currently Playing: COD:MW3, Skyrim, Gears of War 3, Halo: Reach, Halo: CE Anniversary, Gotham City Imposters.

Looking Forward to: Halo 4, Mass Effect 3, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Any and all Skyrim DLC.
Shipley0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:07 PM   #19
Io Haze oI

Send a message via MSN to Io Haze oI

HaZxMat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I have only had a few glitches but it's mainly simple stuff like Dom not moving and him sliding towards me then back to his original spot for a long time while I was downed.

Playing horde we had the final locust stuck in mid air teleporting around the map.

Luckily getting into a wingman game with my friend and on the same team we went to pick up the mortar at the bottom of pavillion. He got stuck unable to move or shoottrying to pick it up.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:17 PM   #20
M85A21
Banned User

Oldedog's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Here's a few.

Accidently crab walking off the Derrik only to fall to my death.
Dom getting stuck to a reaver and it flying off killing him.
On the last level while inside the elevator I fell OUT of the elevator as Dom pushed me out.
I have seen so many more, it's funny. I like it.
M85A21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:27 PM   #21
SadisticHam

Any early adopters of gears 1 knows it was a very buggy game. o.0

Where it got the reputation for not being one i don't know. Your pictures funny as hell though.

-------
Complete games:
Gears of War
Crackdown

SadisticHam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:30 PM   #22
mchannon37

I MOOKIE I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
I haven't had any of these issues, the only thing that was weird, is that when I was playing online co-op, I would take like 3-5 seconds to start after we would both die, and sometimes I would come into the game and be down. Other than that, I haven't had any real problems, other than a couple of double climbs over cover.

Yes, I played Avatar, I’m not proud of it, but whatever, if you’re on this site, chances are you did too, or have seriously considered doing it, so :-P
mchannon37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:47 PM   #23
SpyTip

Smooth Wrecker's Gamercard
Ive also noticed this problem not only in campaign but in horde mode also were carmine is in the middle of the air floatin and killing enemies without a problem. Its safe to say that yes this game has serious bugs to work out, but what game is perfect right?????
Old 11-12-2008, 02:54 PM   #24
nawtbird

nawtbird's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I had something similar happen in the Chapter that you have to move through the train cars and miss the razorhail. I get out of the last car and I turn around to find Dom and didn't see him. Hit the Tac/Com and there he is STANDING ON TOP OF THE LAST TRAIN CAR?!?

Not that big of a problem, at the next checkpoint they are suddenly behind you.

1000 Gamerscore - Retail:
NBA Street Homecourt | TMNT | Meet The Robinsons | NBA 2k6 | NHL 2k6 | Madden 06 | MLB 2K6 | Open Season | CSI: Hard Evidence | LOST: Via Domus | AVATAR: TLA: TBE | Madden 09 | WoO: Sprint Cars | Assassins Creed 2

200 Gamerscore - Arcade:
Dash of Destruction

Currently Working/Boosting on: Halo: Reach, Halo Wars, NHL 10
nawtbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:25 PM   #25
MAXIBHOY

Send a message via MSN to MAXIBHOY

its just a minor glitch that shudnt affect u as u shud be fine on your own !!!
good pic tho

Something a Hun Will Never Do
MAXIBHOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:28 PM   #26
SNYPER E

Send a message via MSN to SNYPER E Send a message via Yahoo to SNYPER E Send a message via Skype™ to SNYPER E

SNYPER E's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcap1 View Post
What new game now that does not have problems it seems to be getting worse Fable2 anyone lol. It drove me nuts to crawling to doms feet and he is just standing there and then I bleed out and die.
Yeh during the campaign My AI dude like never revived me and just left me.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:11 PM   #27
Scaysie

scaysieUK's Gamercard
Thats brilliant, How? Just how?

Also Carmine is a bitch he never revives me, even when im next to him....
Scaysie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:16 PM   #28
RITCHI3-08

II RiTCHi3 x's Gamercard
Happened with me two but in co-op on hardcore i had to fightlike 10 drones and a few boomers by myself because he was stuck in mid air lol
RITCHI3-08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:49 PM   #29
SebastianSB

SebastianSB's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadisticHam View Post
Any early adopters of gears 1 knows it was a very buggy game. o.0

Where it got the reputation for not being one i don't know. Your pictures funny as hell though.
Maybe I was just lucky but I got GoW1 at launch and the only glitch I ran into was when I rolled sideways in the water in Canals and somehow fell out of the level.

RBN Weekly Updates: http://www.trueachievements.com/lead...erboardid=1576
Attack of the Blog! http://sebspot.wordpress.com/
SebastianSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:53 PM   #30
DTwirler

Send a message via AIM to DTwirler Send a message via MSN to DTwirler

DTwirler's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
The worst glitch I've experienced was a few times when I'm in cover and a partner AI wants to occupy the same spot, it keeps trying to get down anyways and ends up looking like he's boning Marcus' head.

Only other one was a good one. The battle was over (the music cue had played) and I was gonna go into the next section but I noticed a Locust I had missed just standing in the corner waiting to get shot. Even when I did shoot him, he never moved.

DTwirler is offline   Reply With Quote