Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Legendary
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-13-2008, 11:10 AM   #1
InfernoFrY

fernofry's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Possibly Unattainable Achievement - Combat Veteran

So I've got 955 points on Legendary, and I've been trying to get the last achievement "Combat Veteran" which is for playing 200 ranked matches. I have played at least 220 matches (about 10 hours on multiplayer) and still no achievement, and the other 5 players in my group have over 200 matches under their belts and still nothing for them either. So its possible the this achievement is glitched and cannot be achieved.

I have emailed the developers about this and hope to hear back from them soon.

Thousands of players
No subscription fee
3rd person action shooter MMO

Join the fight!
April 2nd 2013
Satsecure CCTV & Satellite
InfernoFrY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:32 PM   #2
Wabbytax

Wabbytax's Gamercard
Did you do ranked matches?
Old 11-22-2008, 06:05 AM   #3
dethklok
Banned User

lX CaptHowdy Xl's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Silver   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbytax View Post
Did you do ranked matches?
if you think about it, he does have 955 point in the game, and most if not all the MP achievements are RANKED so yea he did ranked. Its possible its win 200. It won't be the 1st time a achievement description is screwed up. Me and 4 other people are gonna test that out.
dethklok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:35 PM   #4
InfernoFrY

fernofry's Gamercard

thank you dethklok, i didnt want to respond to that ridiculous question. Good luck with the 200 wins playing legendary for 10 hours online really is dull. There is only 1 person with this achievement but he glitched the whole game as he has no online score.

Thousands of players
No subscription fee
3rd person action shooter MMO

Join the fight!
April 2nd 2013
Satsecure CCTV & Satellite
InfernoFrY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 06:17 PM   #5
darkboy1200

SpecOpTricratop's Gamercard
Not to mention it's next to impossible to find a ranked game without waiting what seems like forever for other people who may want the achievement.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:46 PM   #6
dethklok
Banned User

lX CaptHowdy Xl's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Silver   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkboy1200 View Post
Not to mention it's next to impossible to find a ranked game without waiting what seems like forever for other people who may want the achievement.
thats why you get a boosting party lol me and 2 regular boosting buddies are boosting this game little by little.

and its also CONFIRMED, This achievement is NOT glitched, as i said earlier

Quote:
Its possible its win 200. It won't be the 1st time a achievement description is screwed up
it was correct, it IS 200 WINS!
dethklok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:20 PM   #7
HacksawDoomx187

HacksawDoomx187's Gamercard

I get it. Thanks for clearing this up. At least Fracture doesn't have the same problem. Now you have to play 400 matches. Imagine if you had to do 3000.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:06 AM   #8
RubyKnight

Actually, I want to reconfirm the fact that the Combat Veteran achievement is NOT glitched. I've been boosting the game with Dethlok and I've just recieved the achievement yesterday, and the day before so did another friend of mine. So it is indeed just playing 200 matches and NOT 200 wins like we previously thought.
RubyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:36 AM   #9
doub 7

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
not unattainable

There is much confusion & many conflicting reports surrounding this achievement. I just got the achievement & want to settle the argument once & for all. The achievement IS NOT 200 WINS, IT IS ONLY 200 GAMES PLAYED. I have 5 friends that can confirm this, & you can check my gamercard (doub 7) to confirm I have earned the achievement. So don't fret, the achievement is attainable & is not as bad as some people have made it out to be. I would tell you to enjoy but you won't so it would be pointless Hope this has cleared things up for everyone!
doub 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:12 PM   #10
Gonzo151

Gonzo151's Gamercard
Cool Shoot me now

Id rather stick my face in a pit of acid and play with cooked grenades than wait in lobbys for this game It takes FOREVER lol.
Gonzo151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:00 AM   #11
lukkPL

lukkPL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by doub 7 View Post
There is much confusion & many conflicting reports surrounding this achievement. I just got the achievement & want to settle the argument once & for all. The achievement IS NOT 200 WINS, IT IS ONLY 200 GAMES PLAYED. I have 5 friends that can confirm this, & you can check my gamercard (doub 7) to confirm I have earned the achievement. So don't fret, the achievement is attainable & is not as bad as some people have made it out to be. I would tell you to enjoy but you won't so it would be pointless Hope this has cleared things up for everyone!
And now i can also confirm (with my 4 other friends) that this achievement IS GLITCHED. I don't know how you got it having about 70k points on the leaderboard (i have one idea but don't wanna talk about it) but it's indeed for WINNING 200 matches (not only playing). Me (with 4 friends mentioned before) did over 200 matches with InfernoFry (like he said in the first post) and nothing. Yesterday and today we did another 100 wins (we suppose that with Inferno we did also about 100) and the achievement started to pop up. However the least points needed is about 140k (it would mean 200x700 - you get 600 for winning + few more for delivering animus) and I personally had to get 165k to get it. Maybe i was delivering more animus than others.

It was boring as hell but we finally did it.
lukkPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:09 PM   #12
d3nn1s99999

d3nn1s99999's Gamercard

I got my achievement after I lost a match, so I guess it's not glitched for everyone.
d3nn1s99999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:27 AM   #13
VideoGameNerd7

glitched achievement?

videogamenerd7 is my gamertag and i just got to be 12th in rank on legendary. i read this combat veteran achievement is glitch and i heard it wasn't. well... i don't have this achievement and im ranked 12th in the world,then we have problems. this achievement was obtained by another friend of mine and he did even come close to winning 200 matches and i have almost,maybe even over 300 hundred and still nothing. so if anyone know the correct answer to this question let me know because i'm about to throw my controller out the window.
VideoGameNerd7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:30 AM   #14
LoneStarr

Send a message via MSN to LoneStarr

Dark Hero 37's Gamercard
You don't have to win 200 matches. I boost with two of my friends and they got "Combat Veteran" after loosing like 50 matches. Maybe you just not patient enough.
LoneStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:09 AM   #15
Camreeno

Well the achievements are glitched as fuck and that fact has been well known for a while so this doesn't surprise me at all.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:38 AM   #16
TiptopChrisy

Send a message via MSN to TiptopChrisy

TiptopChrisy's Gamercard
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr its pissing me off now ! everyone im boosting with is getting this achievement and im yet to recieve anything !! better unlock soon , tomorro is the last day im boosting this crap !
TiptopChrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:45 AM   #17
B8TINGU

B8TINGU's Gamercard
Well as of right now I have a group of 8 - 12 different gamers 8 of us whom all started these ranked matches at the same time.. a few have been left overs from other sessions whom never got it. I'm happy to report that. One of the guys who had over 450 matches played unlocked it tonight.. another whom had a little over 200 unlocked it.. although everyone else is now over 200 matches played and not one of the original gamers who all started this together have unlocked it..

We even got a guy who is #1 on one of the leaderboards and he still has not unlocked it.. so in my humble opinion it looks to be another Gears of War scenario.. The original 8 who started together will be continuing this sorrid little saga at a later time It's possible but the criteria to unlock is an unknown combonation..

We have tried thus far winning every map.. every character.. changing hosts.. watching the cut scene at the end all the way thru.. ther has to be something here that others have done and other have not.. I'll try to update this when I or others finally unlock this.
B8TINGU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:34 AM   #18
B8TINGU

B8TINGU's Gamercard
Ok let me CONFIRM this for everyone reading... This is a glitched achievement but, it will unlock just not at the 200 mark for most.

The requirements to unlock this are totaly random just like Gears of War: Seriously.

I have over the last few weeks have spoken to and boosted with people whom all have different stories on how long it has taken what they have tried.

Win 200 loose 200, play as and win on every map and character, watch the final cut scene use the A button or B button to quit at the end of the matches.. it's all different.

Starting this game your taking a gamble on WHEN not IF but when the achievement will unlock for you.. I personally am at well over 400 games played.. I have had over half the boosting group I originally started with unlock this and a few others whom have started long before us have finally started to unlock this.. it's just random.

Clearing the cashe, installed or not installed beaten the single player or not beaten or not even started the single player it's just RANDOM!

Good luck to those that are reading..
B8TINGU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:19 PM   #19
Dany1981Mtl

Dancsi27's Gamercard
If you watch the final cutscene (where the werewolves are killing the other team's members) and you press A - A instead of B - A for going back to the main menu, it will count as a played ranked match.

100% Completed games (including DLCs)

100% Win8 games: 8
100% WP7/8 games: 31
100% retail games: 46
100% XBLA games: 49
Dany1981Mtl is offline   Reply With Quote