PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-31-2011, 11:29 AM   #31
Big AsherZ

Big AsherZ's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkestofFlames View Post
I'm actually going to be turning off my notifications while I play this. Don't care about achievements when it comes to an Elder Scrolls game. I also don't care to hear the bleeps when friends come online and achievements pop. I think I will change my profile to say "If I am online but playing Skyrim: LEAVE ME ALONE!!"
thats a good idea, i will probably do that aswell. i think i might go on a murder spree if i get an invite from a squeaky kid wanting me to play MW3 whilst im killing a dragon.
(squeaky kids = brothers friends)

() () skyrim
(o.0) that is all
(>.<)
Big AsherZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:17 PM   #32
ThePrince

RainbowDashTSR's Gamercard
I really like the achievements for this game. They don't seem ridiculously difficult to get, though some may be time consuming.

I will enjoy trying to get as many as I can for this game. If I ever get them all, I'll be very surprised and happy.
ThePrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:04 AM   #33
Dite

Dite Hart's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I like them. It's more diverse. I loved Oblivion, but I wasn't too happy about the achievements overall. It was still nice when I got them, but nothing great.

But, these look like the perfect balance of achievements. It doesn't look like anything needs expert skill, but it's not all questline achievements.

I love it when achievements aren't about "being this good" or "Complete the game for 100%". I think they should be a way to get everyone to try everything there is to offer, and that's what this seems to do. I don't think I'd really want to go through dungeons and ruins, so I don't want achievements that want you to go through tons and tons of dungeons, but I want it to be enough to draw me out and try a little dungeon-diving.

And, I'm very interested in the marriage one. The other day, I was actually thinking, "I wish you could have families here".
...personal completion: Sims 3 (got 100% achievements. Working on completing all Challenges)
Dite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:23 AM   #34
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I'm in agreement. I think the list is a good mix and nott all mission based, or complete on 5 difficulties or kill 500 of each enemy. I'll earn them as I get them and won't be rushing to complete any of them as soon as I can. Will be keeping it for quite some time.

I like how they combined pick 50 locks and pickpocket 50 times into one achievement. Will likely do that when I go for my thief charcter playthrough.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:24 AM   #35
DecadentBeaver

I'm in agreement. I think the list is a good mix and nott all mission based, or complete on 5 difficulties or kill 500 of each enemy. I'll earn them as I get them and won't be rushing to complete any of them as soon as I can. Will be keeping it for quite some time.

I like how they combined pick 50 locks and pickpocket 50 times into one achievement. Will likely do that when I go for my thief charcter playthrough.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:26 PM   #36
Toams07

Toamss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dite View Post
The other day, I was actually thinking, "I wish you could have families here".
We can get married, but we cant get kids.
Can we? *hopeful*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiyiGaiden View Post
now i have a question how come Webb x360a has achiements for skyrim?
Can't wait to play it and he's already palying :O
He's an x360a reviewer, so he got a copy before release for his review

Thanks to DEG23 for the azaming Trials Evo sig!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the fantastic Joker avatar!

Last edited by Toams07; 11-01-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Toams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:00 PM   #37
Magician NG

Magician NG's Gamercard
They're all easy, time-heavy achievements. With a fair guess, I'd say 40hrs for 1000/1000, with a guidebook. This isn't an FPS that you wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am after 10-15 hours. Who wants to rush through everything an Elder Scrolls game has to offer?

Don't spoil the experience by blitzing through the achievements. Take your sweet time. Enjoy the characters, stories and dungeons the creators spent the last three years making.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:16 PM   #38
Dite

Dite Hart's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelstick View Post
We can get married, but we cant get kids.
Can we? *hopeful*
I'm not sure. But, I still count a spouse as family--better than being alone. My main hope is that they'll be more interactive or important. In Fable 2, I think, it was cute that you had a quest involving your child, but I felt that other than that, and the initial baby stages, I couldn't fully connect with the family. It wasn't so much "I can't wait to go home and see my little girl" as "Oh crap! I forgot to make her go home and visit her daughter."

You don't have to see the results, but maybe let you train your child (no real stats or anything, but I'd like to see a mother show her child a potion or something).

But, I understand that there's not too much of a chance of seeing that happen soon. So before I hear any complains/disputes, I say this knowing it as a want not an expectation.

I do hope you get a few spouse-related quests. Or, that there are options for more tailored characters, rather than marry generic commoner (It could be an option. I don't always want to wonder if my spouse has to die for the storyline. But, just not only choosing between them). Maybe a few potential faction marriages. Like if they had it in Oblivion, you could marry Vicente and just not do the Purification.

But, I'll probably go for an achievement run first, still making the character I want, but making her up for pretty much anything to get the achievements and experience everything. Then, redo that character and make a few other characters in personalized storylines like I'm doing for Oblivion.
The character I initially made is a mage/healer type that likes to help people. In my first playthrough, I had her join all the factions, and got all the achievements.
Now that I'm back into Oblivion and renting it on the PS3, I playing through again making the choices I'd really have her character make. So, I won't join the Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, etc...she will live in Anvil and favor Dibella (kind of regretting renting the GotY version).
...personal completion: Sims 3 (got 100% achievements. Working on completing all Challenges)
Old 11-07-2011, 11:09 PM   #39
R0KETM4N

R0KETM4N's Gamercard
It's definitely nice for the faction related achievements to join 1 OR the other. They seem to have set up the same to be able to get all of the achievements in 1 playthrough, rather than 1 for each faction =). Completionism makes me a happy man!
Old 11-08-2011, 05:04 PM   #40
Tk l GaMBit

VirusTk GaMBit's Gamercard
Are there any missable achievements in Skyrim?

Hello,

can somebody already say something about missable achievements in this game? I hope there are none of them.

I hope there isn't already a thread to this topic, if so I am very sorry.
Tk l GaMBit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:41 PM   #41
MrAwesome

hairyrussianman's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by R0KETM4N View Post
It's definitely nice for the faction related achievements to join 1 OR the other. They seem to have set up the same to be able to get all of the achievements in 1 playthrough, rather than 1 for each faction =). Completionism makes me a happy man!
Yes! Thats one thing I didn't like about Shivering Isles was having to revert back to an old save to become the other duke/duchess.

And I like the achievements. Rather than have us complete retarded tasks, it seems they are just giving incentive to explore all the features of the game.
MrAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:11 PM   #42
gaz66

gaz66's Gamercard
Missable achievements????

Does anybody know if there will be missable achievements or will you be able to get them all in 1 playthrough like oblivion???
gaz66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:16 PM   #43
rza_2002

IxI BRADY IxI's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz66 View Post
Does anybody know if there will be missable achievements or will you be able to get them all in 1 playthrough like oblivion???
as far as i can tell no.... unless the specific quest achievements are only available to 1 of the 2 factions

I'm 53 hours in and yet to decide who to "side" with, so worst case just dont decide till much later in the game [still have 23 quests and 20 misc objectives active]

rza_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:20 PM   #44
gaz66

gaz66's Gamercard
I wont be gettin mine till friday so there will prob be a roadmap out by then hahaha. Roll on friday
gaz66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:41 PM   #45
EnteringtheCosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz66 View Post
I wont be gettin mine till friday so there will prob be a roadmap out by then hahaha. Roll on friday
I doubt very much there will be a roadmap any time soon, the game is huuuuuuuuuuuuge, i'm 20 hours in level 12 and only been to 2 cities 2 towns and about 20 missions complete (2 main quest)
EnteringtheCosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:43 PM   #46
DecadentBeaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by rza_2002 View Post
as far as i can tell no.... unless the specific quest achievements are only available to 1 of the 2 factions

I'm 53 hours in and yet to decide who to "side" with, so worst case just dont decide till much later in the game [still have 23 quests and 20 misc objectives active]
Stop rubbing it in that you're that far in the game! Its not fair *crying* but seriously enjoy. Also, does every NPC have a name like in Oblivion? Or have they been well lazy like in Fallout where every character is called Wastelander, Tenpenny Resident, Rivet City Resident etc. That really killed the atomosphere in the game for me, and prevented me playing through more than once.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:32 PM   #47
rza_2002

IxI BRADY IxI's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadentBeaver View Post
Also, does every NPC have a name like in Oblivion?
Yes, apart from random enemys... and you can talk to every1 [and lots & lots of them want you to do stuff for them]

rza_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #48
DecadentBeaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by rza_2002 View Post
Yes, apart from random enemys... and you can talk to every1 [and lots & lots of them want you to do stuff for them]
Sweet! That's what I like to hear. Don't mind its it just says bandit. I won't be letting them live long enough to learn their names mwahahahaha
Old 11-11-2011, 11:47 PM   #49
BBDrew84

BBDrew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I have a question about the game and I did not want to start a new thread, Why is everyone telling me I look sick/ill. At first it was only a few characters and now every other person tells me, Don't take it the wrong way but you look sick. Am I being poisoned or am I coming down the the plague?

BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:08 AM   #50
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
You could be poisoned or have contracted a disease... try taking a cure disease potion or getting a blessing from a shrine (there's one in Whiterun by the big tree and Riften, for example). That should cure it. Took me a while to work that one out

Marge: Have you noticed any change in Bart
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: Noooo... He looks like something maybe disturbing him
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses
Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.
Marge: That's not what I meant!
Homer: It was Marge, admit it.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:29 AM   #51
BBDrew84

BBDrew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
You could be poisoned or have contracted a disease... try taking a cure disease potion or getting a blessing from a shrine (there's one in Whiterun by the big tree and Riften, for example). That should cure it. Took me a while to work that one out
Thanks for the tip. I was starting to get worried when a drunk told me, You look worse than I feel. I think I will be on my way to a shrine for a blessing.

BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:22 AM   #52
jokerfrown

thx for the info
jokerfrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:33 PM   #53
Wee Dragonaut

Wee Dragonaut's Gamercard
Is anyone else having issues getting the Snake Tongue achievement? I know that I have persuaded, bribed, and intimidated, but the achievement is not popping up for me.

EDIT: I just realized I'm having this same issue with the Artificer achievement.

Last edited by Wee Dragonaut; 11-15-2011 at 07:14 PM.
Wee Dragonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:14 PM   #54
Dite

Dite Hart's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee Dragonaut View Post
Is anyone else having issues getting the Snake Tongue achievement? I know that I have persuaded, bribed, and intimidated, but the achievement is not popping up for me.

EDIT: I just realized I'm having this same issue with the Artificer achievement.
Were they all successful?
Persuasions, Bribes, Intimidations and Potion crafting can all fail.

Go to your stats (Start -> General Stats) and tell me what your counts are in the following:
General
-Persuasions
-Bribes
-Intimidations

Crafting
-Magic Items Made
-Weapons Made
-Armor Made
-Potions Mixed
-Poisons Mixed
Old 11-15-2011, 08:52 PM   #55
Wee Dragonaut

Wee Dragonaut's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dite View Post
Were they all successful?
Persuasions, Bribes, Intimidations and Potion crafting can all fail.

Go to your stats (Start -> General Stats) and tell me what your counts are in the following:
General
-Persuasions
-Bribes
-Intimidations

Crafting
-Magic Items Made
-Weapons Made
-Armor Made
-Potions Mixed
-Poisons Mixed
Oh, I didn't know you could check those stats! I'm so glad more games are including that feature, especially with the advent of Achievements/Trophies. I will check when I get home tonight.

Thanks!
Wee Dragonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:23 PM   #56
Iam918

Iam918's Gamercard
I think "With Friends like These..." glitched on me

I got it this morning but it's not showing on xbl for me. This'll suck if it keeps me from 1k'ing this game.
Iam918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:43 AM   #57
GoneRampant

GoneRampant's Gamercard
Your right- It'll just take a lot of time- Something MW3 Players have nothing of. They need over half of the Achievements to be story-related, for God's sake!
GoneRampant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 01:14 AM   #58
anolop

anolop's Gamercard
Just got 1000/1000 in SKYRIM. Took me just over 96 hours... Still plenty to do, but no more achievements
Old 11-26-2011, 10:47 AM   #59
credible

RuntherCredible's Gamercard
Looks like the achievements in Skyrim will be more time consuming than Oblivion then. I think i ended up with something along the line of 65 hours completing everything. Looking back it could easily have cost me 40 more without any anger on my part, as the game was so great.

"For he did not know that beyond the lake he called home lies a deeper, darker ocean green, where waves are both wilder and more serene. To its ports I've been. To its ports I've been."
credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:08 AM   #60
jimwood27

JimWood27's Gamercard
Skyrim took me about as long as it took me to get 1250/1250 in Oblivion/Shivering Isles, roughly 65 hours.
jimwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote