PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-15-2008, 03:27 AM   #1
Magnus058

Why does the Locust Queen look so human? Possibly Spoilers

So I just watched the scene with the locust queen again, and I was wondering why does she look so human in comparison to the rest of the locusts? Unlike her.... Spawn?... she has very well defined features and very clear, elegant human speech. Or maybe think of the flip, why are all of the locusts unintelligible save a few comments ('Humannnssss' from the first game comes to mind) and do they hardly resemble the queen's human features?

I'm thinking there's going to be some connection between the locusts and Serans with imulsion being the key. I know I brought up the whole "The Humans created them!" plot in the theories thread, but I will be utterly disappointed if that happens. But really, what do you guys think about the jump between humans & the queen, and the queen & her locusts?

On a side note, can anyone tell me why they are called Locusts? Is there some intense meaning to it, or is that what they call themselves, or what?

Last edited by Magnus058; 11-15-2008 at 03:30 AM.
Magnus058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:35 AM   #2
Porpoise King

Porpoise King's Gamercard
Marcus' Mother, possibly?

20,000 GS 6/7/2009
30,000 GS 6/29/2009
40,000 GS 7/24/2009
50,000 GS 9/18/2009

Porpoise King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:37 AM   #3
StolenKyle/

Send a message via AIM to StolenKyle/ Send a message via MSN to StolenKyle/

KyleDDx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porpoise King View Post
Great thought.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:39 AM   #4
Iv VeNoM vI
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
cuz shes part human
Iv VeNoM vI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:43 AM   #5
Big Papa 07

Send a message via AIM to Big Papa 07

Big Papa 07's Gamercard
As I said in the thread I started about the reason for the war, I think that Marcus' father was in some way working with the locusts and that was why he had so much info on their tunnel system, and why he was on the computers... though I don't know if I'd go as far as to say it is Marcus' mother... I mean... his father couldn't have been that desperate. The queen was most likely a friend/aquaintance of his father's as she speaks like she knows him personally. I don't know for sure... maybe a Locust drone raped a human female and she's like a hybrid. I doubt it would've been a human male banging a berserker... but it probably gets real lonely out there. Who knows until the next one?

Big Papa 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:45 AM   #6
Magnus058

Honestly, I hate the idea that she is marcus's mother, it makes me want to weep tears of pity for an awful storyline. Even if she was, why does Marcus look absolutely nothing like the locusts then? He *should* be like the sires if he was half human-half locust, a horrible mutant thing...

If she is part human, how, why? Maybe she's someone sister? Did Adam ever have a sibling? Also, not much has been explained about Dom's family? What happened to them? Maybe it's a relative of his?
Old 11-15-2008, 04:12 AM   #7
Omegafr

I m The Omega's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porpoise King View Post
Totally agree. i saw on a site (wiki I think) that Adam Fenix and his wife were scientist, and that she "disapeared" after a failed experiment.

IMO, she didn't disapeared at all. She became the Queen, and the other Locusts her siblings because they were created by the same failed experiment. That would explain the very akward speech beetween her and Marcus when they meet.

100 % Complete : Tomb Raider Underworld (1250), Dead Space, Resident Evil 5, Bioshock, Oblivion (1250), Tomb Raider Legend, Condemned, Cloning Clyde (XBLA), Worms (XBLA)

Painfuly close : Blue Dragon (995), Call of Duty 4 (980), Dead Rising (980), The Force Unleashed (955), Mirror's Edge (935), BF : Bad Company (915), GTA IV (905), Fable 2 Pub Games (XBLA, 180)

Working on : Fable 2 (980), Fallout 3 (960/1350)
Omegafr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:17 AM   #8
Magnus058

Again, this has been brought up on many-a'-thread. While I don't own it, the general consensus seems to be that the prequel book basically says "She died." somewhere.

Also, it has been noted how cold she reacts to Marcus. If you and your mother got in a fight, and you didnt see your mom for 15 years, then you suddenly saw her again, say, at the mall, would there not be a glimpse of joy in her features? The answer is yes, there would be. The Queen shows no hint of emotion when she meets Marcus. Also, she says "You are the first humans to desecrate this palace.", not "My son, you have made it to my home." I honestly see no reason to believe that Marcus's mother is, in fact, the queen.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:24 AM   #9
Phil709

Phil709's Gamercard
No no no, you have it all wrong. She's just a stand-in like what happened in Star Wars Episode 1. She's actually just a robot and the REAL queen will be revealed in a limited edition graphic novel taking place in between Gears of War 2 and 3 that most people paying sixty dollars for Gears of War 3 won't know about and will therefore be confused as to what is going on.
Phil709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:28 AM   #10
Big Papa 07

Send a message via AIM to Big Papa 07

Big Papa 07's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus058 View Post
Also, it has been noted how cold she reacts to Marcus. If you and your mother got in a fight, and you didnt see your mom for 15 years, then you suddenly saw her again, say, at the mall, would there not be a glimpse of joy in her features? The answer is yes, there would be. The Queen shows no hint of emotion when she meets Marcus. Also, she says "You are the first humans to desecrate this palace.", not "My son, you have made it to my home." I honestly see no reason to believe that Marcus's mother is, in fact, the queen.
True, unless the imulsion that may have had a part in the failed experiment is "in control" of her. This may explain also why she refers to Marcus as his his father's son, and doesn't take ownership of him. I hope I am wrong, as I wouldn't like to see the queen turn out to be his mother.

I didn't even think that the sires could've been humans who were put through imulsion experiments, I only thought they were locust who had been tested on... but if they used to be humans, that sounds better and makes more sense. It still doesn't explain where the imulsion came from or what it is. There is no way it was just underground the whole time when it has effects like that.

Edit: The imulsion definitely changes whatever it comes into contact with, i.e. locusts fighting themselves/ the glowing/ the brumak.

Big Papa 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:15 PM   #11
chenry

The chenry's Gamercard
Diagree with Queen is Mum. Seems ridiculous. The Loctus have been underground for a very long time. I somehow doubt they could be organized for so long without this so-called Queen. Plus you think she'd mention something when she met Marcus.

I think they simply know about Fenix because they found his work.
chenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:01 PM   #12
Blademrk

Send a message via MSN to Blademrk Send a message via Skype™ to Blademrk

BladeMRK's Gamercard
My thoughts are that the Experimental lab was where the Locust originated (originally human?) and the queen is/was originally one of the scientist/test subjects (one of the collectables references a test subject growing talons). Pop Fenix must have been involved in the experiment and subsequent cover up.
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:34 PM   #13
Scaysie

scaysieUK's Gamercard
Your thread name is technically a spoiler, Seeing as if you haven't played the campaign you wouldn't know about seeing the queen.

Marcus' Mother, OH HELL NO!
Scaysie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:36 PM   #14
Simzo

Send a message via MSN to Simzo Send a message via Skype™ to Simzo

I Are Simon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I have also heard that she is Marcus's Mum..

Simzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 05:26 PM   #15
MAXIBHOY

Send a message via MSN to MAXIBHOY

hey mate i think your title may have been a bit of a spoiler....
maybe :P
SPOILER !!!!!!!
anyways theres a theory that the locust queen is marcus's mother as she was head of locust activities or something within that region

Something a Hun Will Never Do
MAXIBHOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 05:28 PM   #16
RPDfire

Legacy x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Pretty much a spoiler 4 anyone who hasn't gotten up to the queen telling them shes looks human
Old 11-15-2008, 05:54 PM   #17
Magnus058

Ok, well the title really isn't that big of a deal. It's not like I said that she ate someone whole and did something horrible to Any.... uhh..... yeah. There's a queen, whoopdy doo.

Yeah I read all the collectibles this morning, and I saw the one about the scientist mutating and growing freaking nails/losing hair. Was she turning into a sire or something more? Or are those possibly symptoms of rustlung that we don't know about?
Old 11-15-2008, 06:14 PM   #18
krucifiedkevin

krucifiedkevin's Gamercard
i tend to believe she is somehow connected to marcus and his father, whether or not she is his mother i am not sure, marcus did make a painful expression when she first spoke and mentioned his fathers name.
also i have a sneaking feeling that the "locusts" may have been created by humans as a weapon experiment long ago and they were banished underground, forgotten about and then they reemerged....
just a hunch on my part....
krucifiedkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 06:15 PM   #19
Simzo

Send a message via MSN to Simzo Send a message via Skype™ to Simzo

I Are Simon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus058 View Post
Ok, well the title really isn't that big of a deal. It's not like I said that she ate someone whole and did something horrible to Any.... uhh..... yeah. There's a queen, whoopdy doo.

Yeah I read all the collectibles this morning, and I saw the one about the scientist mutating and growing freaking nails/losing hair. Was she turning into a sire or something more? Or are those possibly symptoms of rustlung that we don't know about?
It was a little girl who lost all her and grew long nails, she then mutated to what we know as a wretch..

Simzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 06:22 PM   #20
a trillionair

a trillionair's Gamercard
maybe the queen was a researcher working with adam fenix(marcus's dad) and she fell into the imulsion altering her dna and making her capable of producing the hoard. now how she made the hoards of hers that could be anybodys guess

Most Recent:
Modern Warfare 2, AC2, Dragon Age,
Working on:
L4D2

Lets boost not hack!
a trillionair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 06:49 PM   #21
DCS 23

DCS23's Gamercard

yeah i think its marcus' mother just from the scene where she says its a shame he didnt follow in his fathers path or summin like that..!

My Grammar is bad so WAT..!
100% Games: None I'm Shit..
DCS 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 08:08 PM   #22
A Satyr

A Hades Satyr's Gamercard

If its his mom then why didnt #1 he recognize her human face. and #2 why did she say "is it true you are the son of adam fenix?..."
A Satyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:11 PM   #23
drewmart

SHO7GUN's Gamercard
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genme...topic=46531020

I don't think this guy really works for EPIC but his theory is pretty good and makes sense with the game scenes, collectibles etc.

My Gaming Blog
drewmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:19 PM   #24
skill nl

Skill NL's Gamercard
why werent there any berserkers??????????????????????
Love those guys.
skill nl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:22 PM   #25
skill nl

Skill NL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Satyr View Post
If its his mom then why didnt #1 he recognize her human face. and #2 why did she say "is it true you are the son of adam fenix?..."
Maybe they got seperated when Marcus was just a boy.
That would anwser both.
skill nl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:27 PM   #26
AK Punk

Send a message via MSN to AK Punk

AK Punk's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Gears 2 left the story as open as Gears 1 did, at this point I have no idea but I can't wait for the next game to come out. Hope it doesn't take longer than 2 years.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:03 AM   #27
afunk117

1. wouldnt marcus know if it was his mom?
2. if the locust are man made then howcome their a shit loads of them. if they were then couldnt the scientist tell that they made evil so they stopped the creation.
3. she has something to do with fenixs father. Maybe his dad loved her after his wife died and then while finding out that she was the queen he went down and he recorderd all this info and then when he finds her their together but at a catch. to help the locust. after a brief stint at that he says no and she kills him.
4. back to number 2 they were down there for so long they created millions.
5. when the queen says humanity brought the war upon itself maybe locust were on top then when humanss came they were banished underground and the queen feeling sorry went down their
6. maybe she was kidnapped and served as a queen. just like in some tv show
afunk117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:06 AM   #28
Purge

Send a message via AIM to Purge Send a message via MSN to Purge Send a message via Skype™ to Purge

Davy Allan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   SOTF Runner Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Adam slept with a male locust and didn't call back.

For some reason, she was born from him.

On a side note, how do Locust reproduce? :S
It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you?

Purge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:16 AM   #29
Magnus058

THAT, my friend, is the question.

Here are the three most common ideas:
1) They are mutated from imulsion from the human slaves/some other kind of creature
2) they breed between their classes (i.e. M/F drones get it on and make more drones, etc)
3) The queen produces them
Old 11-16-2008, 12:16 AM   #30
afunk117

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmart View Post
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genme...topic=46531020

I don't think this guy really works for EPIC but his theory is pretty good and makes sense with the game scenes, collectibles etc.
i dont think the guy does anything for epic he's probably one of those people who lie about something really anticiapated just so he can be cool.
didnt the war go on for 70 something years
afunk117 is offline   Reply With Quote