PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Tomb Raider Underworld
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-09-2008, 05:33 PM   #31
erod550

erod550's Gamercard
I was having this same problem. I had gotten Speed Demon I, then when I got Speed Demon III I realized I hadn't gotten Speed Demon II, so I reloaded an earlier save from the same playthrough and went down the spiral and got it, but Master Speed Demon didn't unlock. I tried getting all three again on a single playthrough when I played through a 2nd time for Master Survivalist. It still didn't work. I then tried loading a Xiabalba save and playing through from Speed Demon I to Speed Demon III without reloading any saves. Still didn't work.

I finlly did just get it to unlock though. Here's what I did.

1. Loaded up Southern Mexico in Treasure Hunt mode. Drove straight to the calendar puzzle on the right. (Not the one with the hole in the wall. The one where you have to dive under the door.) The puzzle is already set up for you, you just have to move the outer ring into place. I then redid the achievement. It's much faster from this side too.

2. After I got to the bottom of the stairs and jumped the pit, where the cut scene would normally trigger, I went to Revisit Location and loaded Jan Mayen Island. I drove straight from the beginning right on through the door you normally have to stop to open and on down the spiral. Right near the bottom, I fell down one of the gaps but didn't die as I bounced off a ledge on the outer wall on the way down. I landed right near the bottom and drove the last few feet to the end of the ramp and the achievement popped.

I don't know if the Southern Mexico part had anything to do with it or if it was just the spiral. I just wanted to document exactly what I did so others can try it.
erod550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:55 PM   #32
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by erod550 View Post
I was having this same problem. I had gotten Speed Demon I, then when I got Speed Demon III I realized I hadn't gotten Speed Demon II, so I reloaded an earlier save from the same playthrough and went down the spiral and got it, but Master Speed Demon didn't unlock. I tried getting all three again on a single playthrough when I played through a 2nd time for Master Survivalist. It still didn't work. I then tried loading a Xiabalba save and playing through from Speed Demon I to Speed Demon III without reloading any saves. Still didn't work.

I finlly did just get it to unlock though. Here's what I did.

1. Loaded up Southern Mexico in Treasure Hunt mode. Drove straight to the calendar puzzle on the right. (Not the one with the hole in the wall. The one where you have to dive under the door.) The puzzle is already set up for you, you just have to move the outer ring into place. I then redid the achievement. It's much faster from this side too.

2. After I got to the bottom of the stairs and jumped the pit, where the cut scene would normally trigger, I went to Revisit Location and loaded Jan Mayen Island. I drove straight from the beginning right on through the door you normally have to stop to open and on down the spiral. Right near the bottom, I fell down one of the gaps but didn't die as I bounced off a ledge on the outer wall on the way down. I landed right near the bottom and drove the last few feet to the end of the ramp and the achievement popped.

I don't know if the Southern Mexico part had anything to do with it or if it was just the spiral. I just wanted to document exactly what I did so others can try it.
Damn this achievement is crazy. I already tried THIS, NO CHEEVO. Gotta be something magical about this spiral haha. I'll give it another shot.

EDIT: GOT IT. The achievement guide method is the best way to do it.

Signature by BAD VII

1st worldwide who "officially" completed [FLASHBACK] a 100%!

Last edited by JuSt BLaZe; 04-16-2011 at 09:10 PM.
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #33
Kakashi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearded Bugs View Post
Hey guys, I had the same problem, after unlocking the third Speed Demon achievement in the Valhalla maze it didn't unlock the "Master" one, anyway here's how I managed to get it in the end.

Reload the auto-save "Xibalba" from Southern Mexico, then simply play through the rest of that level and the start of Jan Mayen Island up until the end of the Valhalla maze. Making sure that each of the three timed Speed Demon sections are under the par time. At the end of the maze you should get the Master achievement.

Hope it works for you too, it's a bit annoying having to go over that part of the game again, it took about 45 minutes from loading the auto-save until I got the achievement. I guessed this way would work before I tried it as it counts as a continuous play-through, bloody glad it did!

Cheerio.

It worked perfectly thank you
Ow if some dont know if you've done it within the time limit try a stopwatch
Kakashi07 is offline   Reply With Quote