PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Dig Dug
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-11-2006, 10:36 AM   #1
aPerfektFIaw
Red Room Member

Send a message via AIM to aPerfektFIaw Send a message via MSN to aPerfektFIaw Send a message via Yahoo to aPerfektFIaw Send a message via Skype™ to aPerfektFIaw

aperfektfiaw's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide

Its been a long night... so I decided to make an ahievement guide. Some of you probably havent even got Dig Dug yet, but here's a little something to help you out when you do.

2 Enemies
Crush 2 enemies with one rock!
SEE 4 ENEMIES ACHIEVEMENT FOR DETAILS

4 Enemies
Crush 4 enemies with one rock!
Another work of art, made by me on paint… but its easy to follow. Since you can choose which level you want, go to level 5 and follow these steps while referring to the picture:
(The purple square is your player, the red and green squares are the enemies, and the brown squares are the rocks in the level.)
  • Start off following the purple arrow going left and up. Immediately after the red enemy turns away from you, go up (but do not break ALL the way through the dirt) then go back down and follow the blue arrow.
  • Wait above the enemy cavern until the green enemy turns away and dig right through, following the aqua arrow to the bottom of the level.
  • Once at the bottom, go right and up, straight for the rock near the top of the level. Before you get to the rock you should have 4-5 enemies behind you, or close to being behind you.
  • Once you hit the rock, go left or right at the top (red arrows). Sit back and watch your 4-5 enemies get squashed.
digdug.jpg

Dig
Dig through the entire area on any Round!
You must dig EVERY BIT of dirt on the screen. Your screen should be completely black. This is probably by far the hardest achievement in the game, but its doable. Start in level 1 and kill 2 enemies. DO NOT kill the third enemy or the last one will leave, and you will advance to the next level. Now go back and forth, or up and down, avoiding the last 2 enemies as much as possible until you have no area to clear in the paths you made. Now go back and forth or up and down (depending on how you did it first) to clear the rest of the small debris on the screen… you have 3 lives, stay alive as much as possible and good luck.

Edit: Supposidly this achievement is glitched for a lot of people, but its not unobtainable... i got a suggestion from someone over at xbox.com on how to help and it seems to be working for most people now...
if anyones having trouble, just do your normal thing and clear the stage until theres no more dirt... Go around the outside of the screen clockwise, then counterclockwise and get killed in that same level afterwards.

Carrot
Obtain the Carrot that appears after dropping 2 rocks in a certain Round.
The carrot can be obtained in level 1 after dropping two rocks in the same life. Try killing off all but 2 enemies to make it easier on yourself.

Turnip
Obtain the Turnip that appears after dropping 2 rocks in a certain Round.
The turnip can be obtained in level 2 after dropping two rocks in the same life. Try killing off all but 2 enemies to make it easier on yourself.

Mushroom
Obtain the Mushroom that appears after dropping 2 rocks in a certain Round.
The mushroom can be obtained in level 3 after dropping two rocks in the same life. Try killing off all but 2 enemies to make it easier on yourself.

Cucumber
Obtain the Cucumber that appears after dropping 2 rocks in a certain Round.
The cucumber can be obtained in level 4 or 5 after dropping two rocks in the same life. Try killing off all but 2 enemies to make it easier on yourself.

Eggplant
Obtain the Eggplant that appears after dropping 2 rocks in a certain Round.
The eggplant can be obtained in level 6 or 7 after dropping two rocks in the same life. Try killing off all but 2 enemies to make it easier on yourself.

Green Pepper
Obtain the Green Pepper that appears after dropping 2 rocks in a certain Round.
The green pepper can be obtained in level 8 or 9 after dropping two rocks in the same life. Try killing off all but 2 enemies to make it easier on yourself.

Tomato
Obtain the Tomato that appears after dropping 2 rocks in a certain Round.
The tomato can be obtained in level 10 or 11 after dropping two rocks in the same life. Try killing off all but 2 enemies to make it easier on yourself.

Watermelon
Obtain the Watermelon that appears after dropping 2 rocks in a certain Round.
The watermelon can be obtained in level 14 or 15 after dropping two rocks in the same life. Try killing off all but 2 enemies to make it easier on yourself.

Pineapple
Obtain the Pineapple that appears after dropping 2 rocks in a certain Round.
The pineapple can be obtained in level 18 and beyond for a few more levels, after dropping two rocks in the same life. Try killing off all but 2 enemies to make it easier on yourself.

EDIT: For all of the fruit/vegetable gathering achievements, you do not have to drop 2 rocks in the same life MOST OF THE TIME, just 2 rocks total. Sorry about the mix-up.

Last edited by aPerfektFIaw; 10-14-2006 at 12:25 AM.
aPerfektFIaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 11:58 AM   #2
Tron

erton's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Gamerscore League Season 5 Winner   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Bright Idea   Rainbow Six Runner-up   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth   Halo 2
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
wow thanks...ill have to check it out here in a bit
Tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 12:23 PM   #3
aPerfektFIaw
Red Room Member

Send a message via AIM to aPerfektFIaw Send a message via MSN to aPerfektFIaw Send a message via Yahoo to aPerfektFIaw Send a message via Skype™ to aPerfektFIaw

aperfektfiaw's Gamercard

ok theres one problem...

the Dig achievement... I have done it ten times and still havent gotten it... and yes i dug every single inch possible... even had 2 lives to double check... i beat the level, died in the next, and lo and behold, no achievement. If anyone can figure this out let me know and ill add it to the guide.

EDIT:

This is what Ive tried so far, and no results

- When I was done I killed the last two enemies, moved on to level 2 and got killed

- When I finished, I killed the 2 enemies, and I got the fruit on the next level thinking it might trigger the achievement

- When I was finished, I let myself get killed in the same level.

- I didnt let any rocks fall through the land (meaning they didnt fall and go through thin layers, making them dissappear) and when I finished, I let the enemies kill me.

- After I finished digging, I killed one enemy, and let the other escape, then died on the next level.

- I didnt let any rocks fall through thin land again, I went to the next level and died.

- Tried it on a different level.

- Did it both on levels 1 and 2 in one go... advance to the 3rd level and died.

- Restarted my Xbox and tried it.

- Tried it on a different profile.

None of these worked... and this is really frustrating me because I know Ive gotten every pice of dirt everytime i did this.

Last edited by aPerfektFIaw; 10-11-2006 at 03:13 PM.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:09 PM   #4
P1NSEEKER

Send a message via MSN to P1NSEEKER

p1nseek3r's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 5   SOTF Winner   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

You dont hang around with your achievement guides
Old 10-11-2006, 06:23 PM   #5
aPerfektFIaw
Red Room Member

aperfektfiaw's Gamercard

heres a picture... its a little tiny bit out of focus, and the yellow spot on the screen is my bedroom light glaring from the TV, but you can see every bit of dirt is gone...

Old 10-11-2006, 11:18 PM   #6
blsmafioso

blsmafioso's Gamercard
Ive got the same problem, ive cleared the screen three times on level one just like in your picture, and still no achievement. WTF?
blsmafioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 11:42 PM   #7
aPerfektFIaw
Red Room Member

aperfektfiaw's Gamercard

ive been on every message board you can think of, a lot of people are having this problem, but some people are getting this achievement

no one has figured out why yet

Old 10-12-2006, 01:10 AM   #8
blsmafioso

blsmafioso's Gamercard
I just talked to someone who got the achievement, and he said he didnt do anything special, killed all but 2 enemies, cleared the screen, and died on the next level, then got the achievement
blsmafioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:14 AM   #9
aPerfektFIaw
Red Room Member

aperfektfiaw's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by blsmafioso View Post
I just talked to someone who got the achievement, and he said he didnt do anything special, killed all but 2 enemies, cleared the screen, and died on the next level, then got the achievement
yea unfortunately theres something else wrong... some people can get it and others cant... i have walked in and out of each square completely... i even went as far as going over the entire level again b4 i killed the enemis... nada

Old 10-12-2006, 03:05 AM   #10
Dead Like Steve

Dead Like Steve's Gamercard
I just cleared the entire level also and didnt get the achievement.
Dead Like Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 05:36 AM   #11
L3giOn

I L3giOn I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Submit - Bronze   Street Fighter 2 Runner-up   Donator - Level 1   UNO - Gold
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Sorry to hear about the achievement problem F1aw, but very nice guide though. Got the 4 enemies with one rock my first try after studying your picture.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:45 AM   #12
aPerfektFIaw
Red Room Member

aperfektfiaw's Gamercard

fucking got it!!! yes!!! thank god after over 30 tries... i got a suggestion from someone over at xbox.com

and it seems to be working for people now...

if anyones having trouble, just do your normal thing and clear the stage until theres no more dirt... I went around the outside of the screen clockwise, then counterclockwise and committed suiced afterwards and got the achievement... i am so friggin happy

Old 10-12-2006, 09:18 AM   #13
P1NSEEKER

Send a message via MSN to P1NSEEKER

p1nseek3r's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 5   SOTF Winner   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Nice work!

1 Step closer to the number 1 spot
Old 10-12-2006, 09:47 AM   #14
Dark Fury
Red Room Member

Send a message via MSN to Dark Fury

Dark Fury99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Nice. I'll get these tonight. I really like this Arcade game.

Full Gamerscore On:
Call of Duty 2 | Marble Blast Ultra | Prey | NFS Most Wanted | Open Season | Tomb Raider Legend
King Kong | NBA 2K6 | Cars | X-Men | Fuzion Frenzy 2 | NBA Street Homecourt

Dark Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:52 PM   #15
Restrictor81

First a litte correction: You can get the pineapple in Level 18, but not in Level 17, there is some other bonus.

Your description for the "4 enemies" achievement doesn't work for me, because the enemies are much faster than I am, so they get me before I reach the bottom of the level. Or are there any tricks so I can run faster?
Restrictor81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:57 PM   #16
aPerfektFIaw
Red Room Member

aperfektfiaw's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrictor81 View Post
First a litte correction: You can get the pineapple in Level 18, but not in Level 17, there is some other bonus.

Your description for the "4 enemies" achievement doesn't work for me, because the enemies are much faster than I am, so they get me before I reach the bottom of the level. Or are there any tricks so I can run faster?
haha wow nice 1st post, correcting an achievement guide that i try to make sure is 100% before i post it. thanks for the details, i just tested it and youre right... you dont get the pineapple til level 18. changes will be made.

IF you are having trouble with my explanation on the 4 enemies, dont bother with the first red enemy... when tailed, quickly turn and pump twice to slow the enemy down and continue on your merry way =)

a lot of people have sent me messages saying this worked, though they probably knew how to slow the baddies down.

Last edited by aPerfektFIaw; 10-12-2006 at 01:02 PM.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:15 PM   #17
eggnog

eggnog x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Sweet, thanks FIaw I'm planning on getting Dig-Dug today or tomorrow, and this will be very useful.

Last edited by eggnog; 10-12-2006 at 08:17 PM.
eggnog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 06:00 AM   #18
III SS III

IIII SS IIII's Gamercard
ugh!!! i just dug the entire screen 3 times in a row and still no go...what could i be doing wrong?

Now We Must All Fear Evil Men, But There Is Another Kind Of Evil Which We Must Fear Most, And That Is The Indifference Of Good Men.
III SS III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:44 AM   #19
bae84

bae84's Gamercard
Very nice. I finally got the dig achievement, after about 10 times that I cleared the screen.

That takes care of all of the Dig Dug achievements for me.

bae84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 12:36 PM   #20
razzleson

razzleson's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Gold   2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Silver   Member of the Month   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Flaw, for the 4 enemy achievement, I was getting attacked because of Dug's slow speed. Here's how to get it for sure.

As soon as you start, go to the first enemy as stated in your image. As soon as the enemy turns around (and goes up), get as close to it's path as possible WITHOUT breaking through the dirt all the way. Immediately go on with your picture guide. This will cause the enemy to "warp" through, making him farther behind you, but still on your tail.

Also, for anyone doing the Dig achievement, remember each enemy can be "grappled" three times without blowing up (they blow up on the forth). This is a MUST for when enemies speed up. As one gets on your tail, turn around and blast him two-three times and then high tail it outta there. The enemy will have to deflate before continuing the pursuit.

Last edited by razzleson; 10-13-2006 at 12:39 PM.
razzleson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 12:19 AM   #21
aPerfektFIaw
Red Room Member

aperfektfiaw's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzleson View Post
Flaw, for the 4 enemy achievement, I was getting attacked because of Dug's slow speed. Here's how to get it for sure.

As soon as you start, go to the first enemy as stated in your image. As soon as the enemy turns around (and goes up), get as close to it's path as possible WITHOUT breaking through the dirt all the way. Immediately go on with your picture guide. This will cause the enemy to "warp" through, making him farther behind you, but still on your tail.
sorry, thats really what i meant... i never said to break it, but i never said to Not break it lol maybe thats why some people were havingtrouble oops! will be fixed, thanks.

Old 10-16-2006, 10:16 PM   #22
Cross Fire

Cross Fire 214's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 2
i haven't gotten the achievement but i thought of a way to try for this achievement. make sure no rock falls through any thin layers of dirt, make sure you dig through every inch of dirt and when the rock falls it hits a hard patch of dirt and just breaks. this might work but if you do it before me get back to me. lol.

A search engine that rewards $$ (gamestop gift cards) try it out! Help me out by searching the web, watch videos and doing surveys and more!
Cross Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:55 AM   #23
pinkoboe

pinkoboe's Gamercard
Just managed to unlock this achievement. I do think, as mentioned already, the problem comes when you don't go over the already dug out starting tunnels for yourself and the monsters. It took me two lives to clear the screen, then I just played on for as long as possible going back over everything for as long as I could last, paying extra attention to each spawn point.
pinkoboe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 04:08 PM   #24
Pitbob27

xaaronsworldx's Gamercard
Has anyone wondered that the "DIG" achivment could be on a timer, meaning clear the screen and stuff berfore a certain time. Coz the people who do hav it might of got it that way. JUST A THOUGHT

Pitbob27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 01:03 PM   #25
INF3SORD

INF3SORD's Gamercard
^^^

Possible, I got it cleared once, but it took me a while. It could be timed. Then again who knows what it could be. Although I really fail to see how it's an achievement gamewise in the first place. Sure you get points for the more that you dig, but for only for the big chunks, not every little piece of scrap. I'm assuming they didn't make this achievment like the Pacman one where you must capture all 4 ghosts for every power pellet, where if you actually tried to pull that off for getting say a high score, it would actually be worth something in the end.
INF3SORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:44 AM   #26
DisturbedDan

Send a message via AIM to DisturbedDan

Br4inDEAD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
after struggling with dig for along time. I got it today on my second try and I have no idea what I did differently.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:19 AM   #27
Zeta333

Send a message via AIM to Zeta333

Zeta333's Gamercard
Iv goten the tomato about 4 times now and each time i live for about 4 or more levels and when i die it doesnt give me the acheivement or record the tomato.

Courage and Honor
Mess with the best, Die like the rest.
We Are the Space Marines , Champions of Humanity
"Die?" Kurt Laughed "Didn't you know" He looked at the Elite "Spartans never Die........"
I walk in the shadow of The Valley of Death becuase i have no Fear.
Zeta333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:18 AM   #28
Elfire313

Elfire313's Gamercard

Thanks, the kill 4 enemies picture really helped.

Elfire313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:21 AM   #29
x McGrim x

MisterMetis's Gamercard

Thanks, this really helped.
100% Retail (12): Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Disney's Bolt, EA SPORTS FN 3, Fuzion Frenzy 2, Gun, Just Cause, King Kong, Oblivion, Phantasy Star Universe Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Conspiracy, The History Channel:Battle for the Pacific, Tomb Raider:Legend
100% Arcade (7): Bomberman Live, Dash of Destruction, Dig Dug, UNO, Pacman, Pocketbike Racer, Wik:Fable of Souls
x McGrim x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:38 PM   #30
SevenFisher

Send a message via AIM to SevenFisher Send a message via MSN to SevenFisher Send a message via Yahoo to SevenFisher

SevenFisher's Gamercard
Ah I remember that picture for smash 4 enemies with rock! I used it loong time ago and it worked like charm, thanks for that very excellent guide.

I'm glad I've decided to join X360a, otherwise I wouldn't 200/200 DIG DUG as I do today.

This sig is 100% accurate as of date
SevenFisher is offline   Reply With Quote