Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Left 4 Dead
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-24-2008, 03:24 PM   #1
True I Skill

The Khaos's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Been hearing alot of bad things about this game..

Ok i look through the forums now and again.. and
i just see people bitching about this game, I LOVE The demo
but have not brought the game yet..

Ok, how bad is the lag? a few days ago i saw som1 complaining
that the lag was realy bad.. Can som1 explain how bad it is?
:S

Also the save system.. i think there are like 5 levels or somthing? :S
and theres 4 checkpoints in each level if im correct? do i just need to
get one of the checkpoints for it to save? or do i have to complete the whole level.. or the whole game even for it to let me choose the level?
Som1 explain it a little more easyer than what i read pls..

Thanks, and are there any other problems with this game i should
look into?
Old 11-24-2008, 03:26 PM   #2
Steelhead

SG Steelhead's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I haven't played versus MP yet, so I can't comment on the lag but the co-op and SP are fantastic. It's 100% pure mindless fun!

A lot less "mindless" on the upper difficulties though. Strategy & teamwork are definitely required. From what I hear, the MP is the same way....work as a team or get your butt kicked.
Steelhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:29 PM   #3
DigitalFury

RedSoxIBelieve's Gamercard
Lag? What lag? This is the smoothest online I've encountered on the 360.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:37 PM   #4
dandanUK

DanDanUK's Gamercard
Smooth online gameplay except you do get a lot of You have been disconnected from the server errors, well I have anyway.
dandanUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:42 PM   #5
GTukC

GTukC's Gamercard
I've not been disconnected once, not had any lag, it's a smooth operator I would say I find it very entertaining, even with just 1 friend and 2 AI it's good fun. It takes around 45 minutes to finish a campaign on lower difficulties, haven't gone for expert yet but I believe you have to do it in 1 sitting.
GTukC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:46 PM   #6
Tozzy

Send a message via MSN to Tozzy

ADTizzzle's Gamercard
tbh whoever told you it lags needs to get their connection sorted out, its smooth as a baby's arse for me.

MP - hell of a lot of fun, especially when as the infected.
you almost got the campaign right, its 4 levels with 4 checkpoints, takes about 1 hour per full level so you really shouldnt need to save, but yes, i think you can save at every checkpoint, however you can also play any level and from any checkpoint off the get-go(or i could o.0)

the demo really doesnt show the full game either, theres a lot more after that;P like the zombies in hospital gowns, they're amazing.
Tozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:58 PM   #7
InFaDeLiTy

lnFaDeLiTy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by True I Skill View Post
Ok i look through the forums now and again.. and
i just see people bitching about this game, I LOVE The demo
but have not brought the game yet..

Ok, how bad is the lag? a few days ago i saw som1 complaining
that the lag was realy bad.. Can som1 explain how bad it is?
:S

Also the save system.. i think there are like 5 levels or somthing? :S
and theres 4 checkpoints in each level if im correct? do i just need to
get one of the checkpoints for it to save? or do i have to complete the whole level.. or the whole game even for it to let me choose the level?
Som1 explain it a little more easyer than what i read pls..

Thanks, and are there any other problems with this game i should
look into?
A. Most the posters that complain are ignorant and just because they failed to realize what the game is and what its about they choose to hate it.

B.I have played 10 versus games online and not once experienced lag.
I have played over 30+ Campaign games online and not once experienced lag.

C.There is no save a campaign can be beat in 30minutes and even less with a good team and knowledge of the map.

If anything rent the game give it a chance, im finding it sad it seems not 1 person on this board rents games.
They choose to blow $60 on a game and not like it then bitch, I find it hard to believe someone would spend $5 and bitch as badly.

RENT GAMES
Old 11-25-2008, 04:46 PM   #8
DigitalFury

RedSoxIBelieve's Gamercard
Quote:
If anything rent the game give it a chance, im finding it sad it seems not 1 person on this board rents games.
They choose to blow $60 on a game and not like it then bitch, I find it hard to believe someone would spend $5 and bitch as badly.

RENT GAMES
^ This. Or buy it used from GameStop/EB and you have 1 full week to try it out or bring it back for full refund.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:51 PM   #9
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
if you have lag it's your connection. I was playing with 3 friends last night, one of which is in Thailand and zero lag. Smoothest multiplayer ever.

who cares about checkpoints? the point of the game is to survive - it's not that long in general, so you need to stay alive. That is the hard part, especially on the upper difficulties.

I played for 3 hours last night and had a blast.
shadowr4ven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:56 PM   #10
Lucent Beam

Send a message via AIM to Lucent Beam

Lucent Beam's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I haven't experience lag.
I've been disconnected but only once so no big deal.
I personally don't have any complaints about it...
Old 11-25-2008, 06:34 PM   #11
osea101
Banned User

osea101's Gamercard
Lag is relative to individual players. Just host your own games if you know you got a good connection.

You will see a surprising number of children, yes children under the age of 15 on this game. They are rude and obnoxious which is the is only letdown really.
osea101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:42 PM   #12
InFaDeLiTy

lnFaDeLiTy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by osea101 View Post
Lag is relative to individual players. Just host your own games if you know you got a good connection.

You will see a surprising number of children, yes children under the age of 15 on this game. They are rude and obnoxious which is the is only letdown really.
Seriously?
I havent met anyone under age of 16 on this game, out of all games ive ever played seems to have the biggest mature base of players
Old 11-25-2008, 10:00 PM   #13
BlindxLink

Send a message via MSN to BlindxLink

BlindxLink's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFaDeLiTy View Post
Seriously?
I havent met anyone under age of 16 on this game, out of all games ive ever played seems to have the biggest mature base of players

Yeah same here, everyone seems really relaxed and nice rather than Call of Duty World at War or dare I say it... Gears of War 2. Christ. All I hear on that damn game are 11 year old kids getting beat by their step dad.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:34 AM   #14
Flik Nightshade

flik nightshade's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I've finally been able to start playing this online a whole lot more and I haven't experienced any real lag. I got bumped from a server once early on but that's been the only issue to date.

The VS takes a good deal of getting used to. Best to play with friends at first while you're working out the kinks, as opposed to strangers who might be idiots or assholes.

Flik Nightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 07:46 PM   #15
Makaveli Rydah

Makaveli Rydah's Gamercard
I've been disconnected twice but not experienced lag - however , i just don't care because this game is absolutley brilliant !!!!!!

Silly quirks don't bother me when a game is this good - Versus multiplayer is the the best laugh i've had all year on any xbox game .
If anyone's up for some games feel free to add me to your list - i'm generally online from 8pm GMT
Old 11-27-2008, 04:41 PM   #16
Kinky Mong

Kinky Mong's Gamercard
Really pleased that I've experienced absolutely no lag in any of the games I've played (and that's a lot of games!), especially after the problems that TF2 suffered. If you are suffering problems it's probably time to admit to yourself that your internet connection isn't up to scratch.

I'd also like to praise how good the community is on Left 4 Dead at the moment. I haven't had any unpleasantness over the voice chat which is a breath of fresh air after the last month of playing Saints row 2 online. Team Fortress also rarely had any of the bigoted hatred and racist comments that many other xbox live games suffer from. Valve games must attract a better class of player

Left 4 Dead (1250), Fallout 3 (1350), Fable 2 (1350), Dead Space, Call of Duty 4, The Orange Box, Bioshock, Halo 3 (1250), Bully: Scholarship Edition, Prince Of Persia, Oblivion (1250), Batman: Arkham Asylum, Red Faction: Guerilla (1250), Borderlands (1125), Assassin's Creed 2, Lego Batman, Darksiders.

100% Arcade:

Rez HD, Braid, Shadow Complex, 1 vs 100, The Maw, Portal: Still Alive.
Kinky Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 05:28 PM   #17
o0EVIL0o x360a

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
The game is fun with friends.

Once in a while you may run into lag like with any other online game.

The campaigns take around an hour, so no saving is required. Plus you can start from whichever chapter you want. Some achievements do require you to play the entire campaign in one sitting though.

MP is a lot of fun and the achievements for it are easily boostable with 2 or 3 people. It's almost identical to the single player when playing as survivors though.

They've already announced some DLC for the game.

That is all.
o0EVIL0o x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 09:58 AM   #18
ChipSpudskin

When I first started playing online I just chose Quick Match and I did lose connection to some games. But, since I stopped using Quick Match, I've only seen it happen once. There has been the occasional bit of lag in the game but, never bad enough to break up the flow of the game.
ChipSpudskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 11:05 AM   #19
The Comissioner

The comissioner's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindxLink View Post
Yeah same here, everyone seems really relaxed and nice rather than Call of Duty World at War or dare I say it... Gears of War 2. Christ. All I hear on that damn game are 11 year old kids getting beat by their step dad.
well im 15 and i dont fal into tht catagory no1 beats me but seriouly i know what you mean with little brats but i just wind th em up so they go crying to mummy or go to bed

if its alive Kill it then teabag it

Then kill some more

Thats how to play!!
The Comissioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:12 PM   #20
ZServ

ZServ's Gamercard
from you're typing and sig, you're just as bad if not worse.
ZServ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:26 PM   #21
NeonInVermont

NeonInVermont's Gamercard
Online is awesome.
Only issues I have had so far, and it isnt anything to do with the game or connection.
I got voted out of a game once. No clue why, I was playing like your supposed to, not being a dick or anything, but got voted out of the game.
Another time me and a buddy were playing and in a private chat, and I guess our team mates (if you can call them that) didnt like that. So when we spawned as survivors they both proceded to shoot and kill me, then do the same to my friend.
Other than the random assclows you run into, its a great, smooth game.
NeonInVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 09:30 PM   #22
LiquidAg

LiquidAg's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZServ View Post
I completely agree with you, ZServ. The Comissioner sounds like one of those players that knows how to ruin a good online game.

To get back on topic, I love this game, and online has been super smooth for me. Even if the style or the "short" campaign sounds like something you don't like, at least download the demo or rent it. The replay value on this is through the roof, and it's a ton of fun! Without friends to play with online, it might not be as fun, but I've even enjoyed playing it by myself with AI teammates. Check it out!
Old 11-28-2008, 10:20 PM   #23
xXBainsyXx

o bainsy x's Gamercard
i think i gnna get this game for sure at x-mas if the demo dosen't do it justice

Credit To NightDragon for Sig!

20k Achieved on 19/12/08

xXBainsyXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 10:21 PM   #24
xXBainsyXx

o bainsy x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZServ View Post
haha well said

Credit To NightDragon for Sig!

20k Achieved on 19/12/08

xXBainsyXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 10:25 PM   #25
Bobo

l3obo's Gamercard
i had the game for about a week and played the campaigns over and over and over having a blast before i ever tried the versus mode... i thought the game was pretty damn good just with the campaigns... but the versus mode is just way too freakin' fun... i have been forcing myself to go to bed at 6 am every night since i started playing versus mode, and i have no real desire to play GOW2 since i got hooked on L4D versus... my only complaint about the versus mode is that it ends up taking at least an hour... as long as 2 hours if both sides are making it to the safehouse a lot... and a lot of people end up quitting before the game is over, either because of the time it takes or because they are getting slaughtered mercilessly... even if i am losing i am having a blast doing it... that's how i know it's a great game and a great online mode

"Ok brain...I don't like you and you don't like me... but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer." - Homer S.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 10:36 PM   #26
Illution

Send a message via AIM to Illution Send a message via MSN to Illution Send a message via Yahoo to Illution

KoaBD Arizonas's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Doom Tournament - 1st Place
This game is awesome. Buy it, now! If you got friends that play it it's such a blast. Late night gaming on weekends, lights out, screaming "hunter HUNTER!" and then yelling at your friends for being noobs so tight.

Check out my movie reviews! http://www.tumblr.com/blog/joehawleywood

Illution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 10:52 PM   #27
Unstoppable

oOoNiAlLoOo's Gamercard
Omg cant wait for this game me and m best mate are both getting it tommorow xD
Unstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote