PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Left 4 Dead
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-24-2008, 05:17 PM   #1
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Untouchable Tip (Works Great)

First, I have not got this yet but when i did it, i was the only one to take damage and that was from the tank. we didnt prepare for him so that was my fault there

-Load up Blood Harvest with 4 friends on Easy

-Save a pipe bomb or two so you can get to the truck without getting hit (no pipe bombs in chapter 5 so i would suggest starting on ch 3 or 4, or you can just do the whole thing)

-For weapons I recommend the Assault Rifle, it reloads faster and has good range/damage. But use what works best for you

-Everyone go to the barn, this is were the magic happens

-There is an ammo pile by some hay, 2 people on each side of it in the corner. The right side watch the broken part of the wall and the left side watch the back section where the ladder is
(they will not come through the square hole and the truck comes up right outside of this hole)
(Also, do not stay near the square hole. they don't come through it but smokers can pull you through it.)

-One person run out and hit the radio twice and go back to your spot in the barn

-Fight off the infected as they come through your guarded spot.

-You will hear tank #1 come by. He almost always comes up the back. So everyone back up to the square hole (pick up ammo first) and when you see his hands grab the ledge then everyone unload on him and hope you kill him before he gets anyone

-Go back to your spots and fight off wave #2

-Repeat the same thing for tank #2, back up and give it all you got.

-Soon after the truck will start to drive up outside the square hole. When it pulls up, throw a pipe bomb away from the truck (like to the far left) and if you have it, throw another well past the front of the truck. (you do not need these until the truck comes so do not waste them)

-While the zombies play fetch jump out quickly and go into the truck. you can pretty much land on the loading ramp when you jump out. Just be quick because the bombs don't last forever.

I hope this helps you.

Last edited by littlejay; 11-24-2008 at 09:31 PM.
littlejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 06:15 PM   #2
Jimm

Archer x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Sorry to say, but not only has someone already created a thread about this.. but he has virtually the exact same strategy you explained: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=107175
Jimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 06:52 PM   #3
Om3n

Send a message via AIM to Om3n

NefariouS 0m3n's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimm View Post
Sorry to say, but not only has someone already created a thread about this.. but he has virtually the exact same strategy you explained: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=107175
I lol'ed .. hard
Om3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:18 PM   #4
Jimm

Archer x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om3n View Post
I lol'ed .. hard
I guess it is kind of ironic.. he took all that time typing up the strategy and it almost makes it look like he read it and paraphrased (I really doubt he did), but I mean.. it IS a good strategy.. it's probably being cycled around to everyone that hasn't heard about it in one way or another, then they come on here trying to help us out.. so yea.. the thought is appreciated.. but I guess as the mods would say.. use search before making new threads.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:24 PM   #5
osea101
Banned User

osea101's Gamercard
Well that's ok. We all know that you get A's in school for effort....NOT.
osea101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:25 PM   #6
Om3n

Quote:
I guess it is kind of ironic.. he took all that time typing up the strategy and it almost makes it look like he read it and paraphrased (I really doubt he did), but I mean.. it IS a good strategy.. it's probably being cycled around to everyone that hasn't heard about it in one way or another, then they come on here trying to help us out.. so yea.. the thought is appreciated.. but I guess as the mods would say.. use search before making new threads.
Yeah i hear you.. once i clicked yours i had to laugh because it just looked like a copy/paste and then made it sound a little better in some parts.. just like you said, paraphrased.. i still don't get either one to be honest, i can't picture the barn in my head.. i'll have to get home after work today and try it. I always thought this would have been one of my last achievements along with All 4 Dead. But with these tips it doesn't seem half bad.. I just can't get 4 decent players along side of me. There's to many 12 year olds playing this game.. last time i checked it was M for Mature.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:39 PM   #7
Jimm

Archer x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om3n View Post
Yeah i hear you.. once i clicked yours i had to laugh because it just looked like a copy/paste and then made it sound a little better in some parts.. just like you said, paraphrased.. i still don't get either one to be honest, i can't picture the barn in my head.. i'll have to get home after work today and try it. I always thought this would have been one of my last achievements along with All 4 Dead. But with these tips it doesn't seem half bad.. I just can't get 4 decent players along side of me. There's to many 12 year olds playing this game.. last time i checked it was M for Mature.
Yea.. the first time I played this level, I didn't really see the barn until the rescue vehicle pulled up right next to it. I was thinking 'hey.. if it pulls up right here, I wonder what it would be like to hold up in there', but didn't really give it much thought since I too would need to get a team together. My friends and I tried a similar strategy to this on 'Death Toll' We all went down to the dock and it was working all right until a tank threw a rock and our single AI player decided to stand still and take it to the face. AI ruin achievements, period.
As for the kids.. we can thank parents that believe their children to be mature for that.. Who knows.. maybe their parents are afraid of an actual zombie attack and are allowing their kids to play it for training purposes, haha.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:41 PM   #8
Jimm

Archer x360a's Gamercard

Oh.. right.. and the link isn't to 'my' thread.. just someone's who already posted and I happened to read. That's why when I read this one, I had to go 'wait a minute' and compare the two.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:46 PM   #9
osea101
Banned User

osea101's Gamercard
You're right bro. There are too many kids with squeeky voices in this game.
osea101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:54 PM   #10
Om3n

Quote:
Oh.. right.. and the link isn't to 'my' thread.. just someone's who already posted and I happened to read. That's why when I read this one, I had to go 'wait a minute' and compare the two.
Oh yeah i know, sorry.. meant to correct myself. Hey throw me an invite some time and i'll take that AI slot :P
My tag is nLsNefariouS .. I'm new to these boards i guess you can tell from how many posts i have ( which are pretty much all the Left 4 Dead ones i posted today ) So i don't quite know how to get my tag up as a banner yet or anything .. but i'll figure that all out.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:32 PM   #11
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
i didnt know there was another thread. also this site has been acting stupid today. most threads wont open so i have no idea what the contents are

so sorry for the repeat thread. i figured it out in game, ive not read anyone else giving this tip

Last edited by littlejay; 11-24-2008 at 09:36 PM.
littlejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 10:15 PM   #12
Jimm

Archer x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejay View Post
i didnt know there was another thread. also this site has been acting stupid today. most threads wont open so i have no idea what the contents are

so sorry for the repeat thread. i figured it out in game, ive not read anyone else giving this tip
Yea, I figured as much.. but I've not had any problems opening threads today.. must be something on your end.