PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Fighting > Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-03-2008, 06:23 PM   #31
Mantra

Jesas K Rist's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Meh... Yesterday I've had two muthas quitting on me when I was about to score a win with Vega... And it didn't count as a win!

10k at January 13th 2009
My timezone
: GMT
Roadmaps: Castlevania: SOTN, Eets: Chowdown, Frogger
Mantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:36 PM   #32
garbfink

garbfink's Gamercard
great guide I shall use this in my attempts to dominate the world
garbfink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:25 AM   #33
KIRBYLINK

KIRBY LINK's Gamercard
The achievement guide has been a great help with the advice on the 7 hit combo, but I can't reach Akuma when using M. Bison. I've gotten to Sagat most of the time, but he always destroys me after I get his health down past %50. That is, when I get to Sagat. I also usually have trouble with Ken and T. Hawk. Can anyone give some advice or post a video of getting sheng long is in another castle using bison please?

EDIT: Got the achievement today! It's was MUCH simpler using LB, which I made LT also for easier access, instead of X or Y. For people having problems getting it, THIS MAY BE THE DECIDING FACTOR! Also remember to slide or throw and opponent when they won't back off you.

Last edited by KIRBYLINK; 12-05-2008 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Previously mentioned achievement was obtained.
KIRBYLINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:53 AM   #34
Capn Spanky

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRBYLINK View Post
The achievement guide has been a great help with the advice on the 7 hit combo, but I can't reach Akuma when using M. Bison. I've gotten to Sagat most of the time, but he always destroys me after I get his health down past %50. That is, when I get to Sagat. I also usually have trouble with Ken and T. Hawk. Can anyone give some advice or post a video of getting sheng long is in another castle using bison please?
I'll see what I can do, but I'm very occupied with school at the moment, so it might take a week...
Capn Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:04 PM   #35
OneWolverine1

OneWolverine1's Gamercard
The Bison method is not working. I get to freaking Blanka and: block, Block, mother fing BLOCK then he goes off on me. That Psycho crusher is good for 4 or so rounds then its leading the lamb to the slaughter....

PS any other 7 hit combos other then Dee Jay and Chun Li?? Her special isnt working for me, but I can pull off Kens....

pixels/text
OneWolverine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:18 PM   #36
nanochef

Send a message via AIM to nanochef Send a message via MSN to nanochef Send a message via Skype™ to nanochef

K R0B 55's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I admit I havnt read this whole topic yet, good guide by the way. Im not sure if this has been mentioned but if you want a few quick achievements such as throwing is cheap, and sagats scar, you can connect player 2 and play a 2 player game as it is not specific. and also combomaniac.
nanochef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:59 PM   #37
Troyan

leptonic's Gamercard
Awesome, thanks for this

Troyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:01 AM   #38
Jdm

Jdm7399's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 3   Bright Idea   5,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)

"Blinding Speed" - 15
Defeat your opponent in 15 seconds or less.

Easy Difficulty of HD remix mode is where I earned this achievement, though I would venture to say you can earn it in Local Multiplay as well.

Try not to knockdown your opponent very much as they are invincible while on their backs. On the easy difficulty, the CPU RARELY blocks so just walk up and use some powerful attacks to defeat them.

Jdm Tips: Use Ken and perform his Roundhouse Hurricane Kick. Enemies can be defeated as fast as 12 seconds.

Facebook ME!
Old 12-05-2008, 11:29 AM   #39
KingBroly

KingBroly's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Is Blinding Speed in a Match or a Round? And does it matter if the Match is 3 rounds or 1 round?

I beat Arcade Mode (with Akuma because the d-pad is so bad, I had to cheese it) and got the Achievement by only doing single round matches.

Completed Games:
TMNT, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (1250), Halo 3 (1750), Fable II (1350), Tomb Raider: Underworld, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (1250), Resident Evil 5 (1300), Tales of Vesperia, Halo 3: ODST, Modern Warfare 2, Bayonetta, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Madden NFL 11, Borderlands (1750), Mass Effect 2 (1355), Sonic Generations
KingBroly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:44 PM   #40
Jing

MushishiFR's Gamercard
I have problem with the training for perfection achievment.
I keep winning fight with bison and his psycho crusher without being touch even one time and when the fight is finish, the game won't mention I did a perfect. I did it more than 5 time (remix and classic mode). This game is playing with my nerves >_<
Jing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:18 PM   #41
KIRBYLINK

KIRBY LINK's Gamercard
Just a quick note for those trying to get Master of all things. You can only do this is Remix mode. You CANNOT do all but Akuma in classic then switch modes for akuma.
I found this out the hard way.
KIRBYLINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:58 AM   #42
Tapion

Tapion's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jing View Post
I have problem with the training for perfection achievment.
I keep winning fight with bison and his psycho crusher without being touch even one time and when the fight is finish, the game won't mention I did a perfect. I did it more than 5 time (remix and classic mode). This game is playing with my nerves >_<
Do you have the rounds set to best out of 3? I set it to that, when I went through to get the achievement. Thinking maybe if it is set at 1 round it won't work?
It doesn't have to be in a row either, just 5 perfect rounds any time during arcade.

Tapion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:05 AM   #43
jello

Jellophile's Gamercard
Figured I'd post this here since it's relevant.

BlackDragon posted about this in another thread, and I've confirmed it while playing with a friend.

For the Master of All Things achievement, you can earn this in a player lobby. As long as you get a win with every character in one sitting (your results page lists at least 1 win with every character) this achievement will unlock. This make it VERY easy to boost, or if you're just playing in a lobby with a friend, you might end up just getting without trying.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:51 AM   #44
Jing

MushishiFR's Gamercard
I set the parameters by default. I tried matchs in arcade mode and classic mode and still no perfect. I don't understand....
Jing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:54 AM   #45
Yaeyah

Yaeyah's Gamercard
Hey sorry if this has been posted already but I haven't seen it updated in your actual posts, but for "Blinding Speed" it can't be unlocked in local multiplayer. Got 89 seconds in local, then went to arcade and got 84 seconds and boom, cheevo unlocked.

But good guide and cheers mate

Yaeyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:02 PM   #46
YamSemaj

YamSemaj's Gamercard
For Master of All Things, it doesnt actually have to be done in ranked. I was just playing in a private match with my mate for ages and after id beat him with every character it unlocked, once he beat me with all the characters he got it too. Im guessing its because we went through with every charcter in one session.

Much easier than doing it in ranked
YamSemaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:19 PM   #47
matty cheetham

Matty Cheetham's Gamercard

Great tip for beating Akuma, thank God i never have to do that again.....

Thanks to supergaz for the sig

matty cheetham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:10 PM   #48
zaerox

Saw this video on youtube for combomaniac. I've tried several times with chun li but after this vid it took me 3 local matches then I got it with DJ

By far the easiest way to get 7 hits...
zaerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 05:43 AM   #49
vmu

VMU's Gamercard

an easy way to defeat akuma with bison is to charge the pyscho crusher until he jumps then unleash, he goes down quickly this way
Old 12-29-2008, 01:56 PM   #50
PureRok

Send a message via Skype™ to PureRok

PureRok's Gamercard

You can get Sagat's Scar on Local Multiplayer. That's how I got it.
PureRok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:56 PM   #51
SYAK

Send a message via AIM to SYAK Send a message via MSN to SYAK Send a message via Yahoo to SYAK Send a message via Skype™ to SYAK

Super SYAK 1992's Gamercard
I tried blinding speed, i finished a round in 9 seconds but it didn't give me the achievement. If you know why this is can you pleasse tell me.
SYAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:30 AM   #52
eviltb

Send a message via MSN to eviltb

eviltb's Gamercard
Nice guide, I didnt realise about the Master of All Things requirements until reading this >.<

Anyway, a tip for the Perfect cheev, you dont have to get 5 perfects "in a row", as long as you get them in the same game, you'll be fine. That was my mistake when I tried it and it saves a lot of game resetting.

A little tip for those using Bison and his Psycho Crusher, if an opponent blocks this attack, Bison seems to have a high priority for a throw as soon as the move ends. Which means, you can press towards your opponent and punch and you should 90% of the time get a throw. Even if your opponent tries to throw you and performs a throw cancel, you should get the throw anyways. Or you could try the fireball/throw trap, which is launch a projectile at your opponent, when the fireball is blocked, move in instantly and throw them. Works best with Guile or the Shinto characters.

"I got better things to do tonight than die!" - Springer
eviltb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:56 AM   #53
thedave

TheDave78's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanochef View Post
I admit I havnt read this whole topic yet, good guide by the way. Im not sure if this has been mentioned but if you want a few quick achievements such as throwing is cheap, and sagats scar, you can connect player 2 and play a 2 player game as it is not specific. and also combomaniac.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureRok View Post
You can get Sagat's Scar on Local Multiplayer. That's how I got it.

Thanks for the tip on "Sagat's Scar" being done in local multi-player. I was able to get it with ease this way.
This Guide should really be updated with this.

Also, the Guide should also be updated to state that the 'Training for Perfection' (5 perfects in arcade mode) need to be done in one "session".
I had played on and off for a few days, and had gotten a few perfects, and after the 5th one (that I could for sure remember) was complete, and no achievement popped, I was annoyed.
So I started playing again, and got 5 perfects in one "session" of arcade mode.
Like the guide suggests, once you get to Zangief, just get a perfect (or two), then lose the (best of 5) rounds, and continue to play him again to get more perfects.
I was able to do this using Ryu & Ken (and a few continues).
thedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:44 PM   #54
thedave

TheDave78's Gamercard

Ok, got two more achievements last night, and this guide should probably be updated with more (this) info to help give people more options.

For both of these (and "Sagat's Scar" too), I would change the game settings to 5 rounds, and change the clock to infinity so you don't run out of time while doing the "super" or combo moves.

"Super Finisher" CAN be done in local multi-player.
I found that the E. Honda type super move was the easiest finish move.
Just start-up a 2nd player with an extra controller, do a bunch of FK while player 2 blocks to charge up the super. Then get them down to low health, and do the super.

"Combomaniac" can also be done in local multi-player.
And for this one, I found the Dee Jay method WAY easier than the Chun-Li method (the guide should at least give people a couple options).
And even better, for Dee Jays combo, you don't need to charge up for a super! I'm sure the same basics of using "Classic Mode" apply here, so do that.
Start the local multi-player match (I chose Zangief as the opponent).
Line up with Dee Jay & Zangief ALMOST (but not quite) overlapping (holding?) hands, then:
, MK, (hold), jab, jab, jab, , FK

BE SURE when you are jumping towards (over) him, that you hit the Medium Kick (MK) a little late.
ALSO you can start holding the button as soon as you enter the air to start charging for the finishing "Maximum Jackknife" special move kick.

Thanks to thekidstar1 over here:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...00#post1370477
For the Dee Jay Combo move!

That's it, hope this helps.

Last edited by thedave; 01-06-2009 at 10:47 PM.
thedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:37 PM   #55
ferdi-t

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamayamayaamaa View Post
Just a quick note, Remixed and Classic wins don't stack towards 100. I got 73 and 27 and no achievement yet.
I can confirm this. So keep this in mind when going for this achievement.
ferdi-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:01 AM   #56
ferdi-t

Quote:
"Playing to Win" - 30
Win 100 Ranked Matches Online
You can save yourself a lot of time on this by being a sneaky son of a b and making sure you keep beating noobs. Every once in a while you encounter someone who is either completely new to the game, or who is going after the 'Master of All Things' achievement and is playing characters they're not comfortable with.

Make sure you host the match, then pound them to the ground with your favorite character (I reccommend Chun-Li for this) before they get to blink their eyes. As soon as they're flying through the air for the third time bring up the Xbox-guide, and set the person as a preferred player. Host another match and there the odds are you'll play the same person again.

Repeat hosting until they get bored with getting their ass kicked and quit when they see your gamertag, which usually happend around the third or fourth match.
ferdi-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 05:11 AM   #57
KingBroly

KingBroly's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedave View Post
"Super Finisher" CAN be done in local multi-player.
I found that the E. Honda type super move was the easiest finish move.
Just start-up a 2nd player with an extra controller, do a bunch of FK while player 2 blocks to charge up the super. Then get them down to low health, and do the super.
I tried to do it in Local Multiplayer and I did not get the Achievement with Chun-Li versus Zangief.

Completed Games:
TMNT, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (1250), Halo 3 (1750), Fable II (1350), Tomb Raider: Underworld, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (1250), Resident Evil 5 (1300), Tales of Vesperia, Halo 3: ODST, Modern Warfare 2, Bayonetta, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Madden NFL 11, Borderlands (1750), Mass Effect 2 (1355), Sonic Generations
Old 01-29-2009, 02:30 AM   #58
KingBroly

KingBroly's Gamercard

I know this is a double post, but it's been a few days and...

the best way to get Super Finisher in Arcade mode is with E. Honda since his 1000 hands attack always gives you some Super meter.

Completed Games:
Old 01-30-2009, 06:47 PM   #59
TtheHedge

Send a message via AIM to TtheHedge

TtheHedgehog's Gamercard
Quick question: Can you do nothing but Classic Ranked matches for the 100 wins? Because if you can, then it'd be actually easy to boost seeing as no one ever makes a lobby for Classic (you might see one or two but still extremely rare). Anyone wanna try with me? I'll keep voice enabled and my GT is in my sig.

EDIT: Ok, just tried seeing if one could get into a lobby with a friend and it is doable. All about timing. One guy has to make the match and tell his partner when he does. You (if you're the joining partner) should refresh until you see a match pop up which, if you're friend said he made one, should be his game. The only thing you have to watch out for is the random other lobbies that might be created (one or two tops). If you see those before your partner makes the game, memorize the ping. If you refresh and you don't recognize the ping in a new lobby, it's most likely your partner. Works 90% of the time.

I still need 99 wins if anyone wants in. I'll gladly boost your win count as well.

Last edited by TtheHedge; 01-30-2009 at 07:05 PM.
TtheHedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:29 PM   #60
Cavalieroscuro

Cavalieroscuro's Gamercard
I beated Akuma in arcade hd remix mode but the achievement doesn't unlock.I used Chun Li,but nothing