Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Feedback > FAQ
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 09:48 PM   #61
PapaSmurf124

Send a message via MSN to PapaSmurf124

PapaSmurf124's Gamercard
where is the link to our road map if its not on the main game forum??

Also, I am working on a Road Map for:

Working Progress:
Meteos Wars (with achievement guide).
Elements of Destruction
Arkadian Warriors

Last edited by PapaSmurf124; 01-26-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:23 PM   #62
Evil Demon55

Send a message via AIM to Evil Demon55 Send a message via MSN to Evil Demon55

Evil Demon55's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Any new updates or additionts yet?

688 days left to go!
Old 01-16-2009, 12:14 AM   #63
Bishop24

Rare Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber Uno - Winner!   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Demon55 View Post
Be patient Evil. Method and the Guide Team have a lot of work to do. They have to go through every Road Map, edit them, post them up and then on top of that they still have to work on and upload Achievement Guides. Just give them some time and they'll post up new Road Maps that were added to the main site.

Co-host of the "Press A to Listen" podcast:
:

http://www.PressAtoListen.com
Old 01-16-2009, 12:49 AM   #64
Evil Demon55

Evil Demon55's Gamercard

Bishop I have, I have seen your progress, since it is the first post basically and I submitted something 1 day before you and yours has already been posted on the front page, that is why I asked . Don't want them to throw mine aside, I will gladly touch them up if needed .

688 days left to go!
Old 01-16-2009, 07:53 AM   #65
JC

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
What happens if you Submit a Road Map, but there is no Guide for said game? Where does the Road Map go on the mainsite...
Old 01-16-2009, 08:29 AM   #66
Evil Demon55

Evil Demon55's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
What happens if you Submit a Road Map, but there is no Guide for said game? Where does the Road Map go on the mainsite...
It should still show, no need for an achievement guide needed for a road map to appear in my opinion.

688 days left to go!
Old 01-16-2009, 10:18 AM   #67
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop24 View Post
Be patient Evil. Method and the Guide Team have a lot of work to do. They have to go through every Road Map, edit them, post them up and then on top of that they still have to work on and upload Achievement Guides. Just give them some time and they'll post up new Road Maps that were added to the main site.
Yeah, but they may be doing so pointlessly. My grammar and spelling is impeccable, yet they went through mine. The only "guidelines" I didn't comply with fully were in the Overview. They changed:

Online/Offline: X for Y to Online/Offline: X (Y)
Missable/Glitched achievements: 0 to Missable/Glitched achievements: None!
Do cheat codes disable achievements?: N/A to Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No Cheats

Also, I noticed they Americanized my map, for example changing the word "totalling" to "totaling". None of those changes were really necessary IMO (especially the Americanization), and I hope they aren't that nitpicky in the future. It doesn't serve them to waste time on stuff like that

Last edited by dakisbac; 01-16-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:15 PM   #68
Method

Method x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   x360a Representer   Road Map - Emerald   PAX Meet 2010   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Quote:
Just updated the FAQ to show all Road Maps that have been recently added. Some may still be pending activation so be patient if it's not showing up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xodakok View Post
Yeah, but they may be doing so pointlessly. My grammar and spelling is impeccable, yet they went through mine. The only "guidelines" I didn't comply with fully were in the Overview. They changed:

Do cheat codes disable achievements?: N/A to Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No Cheats

Also, I noticed they Americanized my map, for example changing the word "totalling" to "totaling". None of those changes were really necessary IMO (especially the Americanization), and I hope they aren't that nitpicky in the future. It doesn't serve them to waste time on stuff like that
We don't consider it a waste of time . I'm not sure why you would be upset over something like that. The content is still the same and you're the one still getting credit.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who's putting a lot of work into these. It's very apparent whose is putting effort into these and who is not. Keep'em coming!

Old 01-16-2009, 05:00 PM   #69
chrisnottm

Send a message via MSN to chrisnottm

DirtyChris89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
In progress.
None

Submitted.
SOUL CALIBUR
Aegis Wing

Accepted.
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords (link)
Bankshot Billiards 2 (link)
Golden Axe arcade (link)

Last edited by chrisnottm; 01-28-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:22 PM   #70
dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Method View Post
We don't consider it a waste of time . I'm not sure why you would be upset over something like that. The content is still the same and you're the one still getting credit.
I'm not upset about you changing the overview. You're the one that made these up. While I believe my way looks better, I accept the changes, and I've changed the the maps I'm working on right now so that they fit with your guidelines and you don't have to waste time (IMO, reworking little things like that is a waste of your time) editing my guide further than need be. Although, I'm confident none of the maps I submit will require much, if any, editing.

As for the Americanization, upset isn't the right word. Let's just say I'm not impressed. Out of all the things I mentioned, this was the most insignificant. The majority of this site may be American (I wouldn't know) but it's not my fault if anybody is ignorant enough to say "hey, he made a typo" just because my spelling is different. To me, your "corrected" version looks wrong.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:45 PM   #71
Demon9Tom

Demon9Tom's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
In Progress:
None

Submitted:
None

Accepted:
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 (LINK)
Infinite Undiscovery (LINK)
Prince of Persia (Retail) (LINK)
Schizoid (LINK)

Last edited by Demon9Tom; 02-04-2009 at 01:28 AM.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:04 PM   #72
Keano

Location: The sinking ship that's full of shit and someone's nicked the oars
Send a message via AIM to Keano Send a message via MSN to Keano

Gooner Keano's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Third Place   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   1,000 Posts   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - Runner Up   Submit - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
It should still show, no need for an achievement guide needed for a road map to appear in my opinion.
But if there is no guide there is no option for you to see the road-map as it appears under the guide section?
Old 01-16-2009, 08:31 PM   #73
chrisnottm

Send a message via MSN to chrisnottm

DirtyChris89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keano View Post
But if there is no guide there is no option for you to see the road-map as it appears under the guide section?
Simple solution for that, if you know the game well enough to write the road map then write the guide too

Old 01-16-2009, 08:37 PM   #74
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Quote:
As for the Americanization, upset isn't the right word. Let's just say I'm not impressed. Out of all the things I mentioned, this was the most insignificant. The majority of this site may be American (I wouldn't know) but it's not my fault if anybody is ignorant enough to say "hey, he made a typo" just because my spelling is different. To me, your "corrected" version looks wrong.
And to us, your version looked wrong... so we fixed it. We didn't mean harm, just the way we were taught, that is not how the word is spelled.

I would not suggest calling us ignorant in the future though.

-----
To answer two questions:
1. If there is no guide and a map has been posted, please let me know so I can active it properly. I was activating things assuming there was also a guide in place, but Keano is correct in saying that if there is no guide, the map won't be viewable (since the "Guide" link will be inactive), but I can fix that.

2. The first page should be updated with all the current maps right now.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Last edited by The Pants Party; 01-16-2009 at 08:41 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:53 PM   #75
Keano

Gooner Keano's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Third Place   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   1,000 Posts   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - Runner Up   Submit - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post

2006 Fifa World Cup shows the option to hide/show a road map but when you click it there is still no visible road map. I was just wondering, is the guide still going through the submission process or is it just a msitake and the guide should actually be there?
Old 01-16-2009, 09:00 PM   #76
dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Quote:
And to us, your version looked wrong... so we fixed it. We didn't mean harm, just the way we were taught, that is not how the word is spelled.

I would not suggest calling us ignorant in the future though.
I was actually referring to anyone that would go point out "OMG spelling error!" and be on the RT's case about not catching it initially, but okay.

Sounds like you need some Canadians/Brits on the team though
Old 01-16-2009, 09:11 PM   #77
Method

Method x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   x360a Representer   Road Map - Emerald   PAX Meet 2010   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Quote:
2006 Fifa World Cup shows the option to hide/show a road map but when you click it there is still no visible road map. I was just wondering, is the guide still going through the submission process or is it just a msitake and the guide should actually be there?
Fixed! Not sure what happened but you were right there was nothing there.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:18 PM   #78
Keano

Gooner Keano's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Method View Post
Fixed! Not sure what happened but you were right there was nothing there.
Nice one Thats two guides for me now.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:43 PM   #79
Evil Demon55

Evil Demon55's Gamercard

Quote:

It was not needed, but the xbox is an American invention so this site should have American spelling. The majority of the people here are proboly Americans, but I wouldn't know. Just like how you see in most guides it says miles instead of meters.

688 days left to go!
Old 01-16-2009, 09:45 PM   #80
Evil Demon55

Evil Demon55's Gamercard

No guide options, so you cannot see it.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/

Edit: Took achievements at the end away from URL and wrote in guide, I can see the road map, no guide .

688 days left to go!

Last edited by The Pants Party; 01-17-2009 at 02:46 AM.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:58 PM   #81
jukkakhan

JukkaKhan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Submit - Gold   Road Map - Silver
Quote:
Tomb Raider Anniversary is listed on the first page of this thread but doesn't seem to be active on the main site.

Edit: Appears to be up now.

Last edited by jukkakhan; 01-17-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:50 AM   #82
Evil Demon55

Evil Demon55's Gamercard

Quote:
Yea when an achievement guide or road map is present, the "guide" option should appear, like Pants said he can activate the guide option even with no guide there.

688 days left to go!
Old 01-17-2009, 10:49 PM   #83
Axe Argonian

Send a message via Skype™ to Axe Argonian

Axe Argonian's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I'm working on a Road Map for The Orange Box.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:50 PM   #84
Hammer 5O2

Hammer x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Quote:
I was actually referring to anyone that would go point out "OMG spelling error!" and be on the RT's case about not catching it initially, but okay.

Sounds like you need some Canadians/Brits on the team though
No need to be an ass hole about everything just calm down you look like a prick. Get an ego check.

178 Completions
141 Retail
37 Arcade

Everyone Please Check out my Blog and Follow It
http://hammerx360a.blogspot.com/
Old 01-18-2009, 09:16 PM   #85
dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 5O2 View Post
No need to be an ass hole about everything just calm down you look like a prick. Get an ego check.
Um... okay...

Last edited by dakisbac; 01-18-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:20 PM   #86
Keano

Gooner Keano's Gamercard

Quote:
Quote:
If thats not the biggest hypocritical statement I have seen I don't know what is.
Hmmm...
Old 01-18-2009, 10:57 PM   #87
Evil Demon55

Evil Demon55's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop24 View Post
I'm currently in the process of writing a Road Map for Need for Speed: Undercover. I also plan on adding Road Maps to a few of my guides, NBA Live 09, NASCAR 09, NFL Head Coach 09 (Done), NCAA Football 09 (Done).

I know most of those titles are sport titles but I figured I had to start somewhere.

My Road Maps:

In progress:

None at the moment.

Submitted:

Word Puzzle

Added to the Main Site:

College Hoops 2K6 (LINK)
College Hoops 2K8 (LINK)
Madden 06 (LINK)
MLB 2K8 (LINK)
MLB Stickball (LINK)
NBA 2K6 (LINK)
NBA Live 06
NBA Live 07 (LINK)
NBA Live 08
(LINK)
NCAA Football 09 (LINK)
NFL Head Coach 09 (LINK)
PSST! Bishop! You can leave some for us now

688 days left to go!
Old 01-19-2009, 01:50 AM   #88
The Bunnyin8or

I'm starting to write a road map for Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
This is going to be my first one!

*Submitted*

Last edited by The Bunnyin8or; 01-23-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:33 AM   #89
Evil Demon55

Evil Demon55's Gamercard

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...ighting/guide/#

Road Map doesn't appear when you click it.

688 days left to go!
Old 01-19-2009, 01:55 PM   #90
Grimz94

Grimz17's Gamercard
Carcassone

Last edited by Grimz94; 02-07-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Closed Thread