PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Ridge Racer 6
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-10-2006, 01:38 AM   #1
TheIcemanCometh

Send a message via ICQ to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via AIM to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via MSN to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via Yahoo to TheIcemanCometh

TheIcemanCometh's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Tournaments/Ladders

I would be interested in getting some informal tournaments or ladders set up to increase the RR6 fun even more. Please post a message here if you are interested, and we'll start throwing some ideas around for how we'd like to do it.
Xbox Community Developer Program (XCDP) member. Please do not message or IM me asking for access to or sharing of my access. The XCDP is currently closed and is not accepting new members at this time.
TheIcemanCometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 12:44 AM   #2
ExOtIc FaNtAsY

Send a message via AIM to ExOtIc FaNtAsY Send a message via MSN to ExOtIc FaNtAsY Send a message via Yahoo to ExOtIc FaNtAsY

ExOtIc FaNtAsY's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Submit - Silver   Poker Final Table   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Re: Tournaments/Ladders

Sounds cool...I would definatley play in them
Old 02-11-2006, 02:50 PM   #3
TheIcemanCometh

Send a message via ICQ to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via AIM to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via MSN to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via Yahoo to TheIcemanCometh

We need to get hooked back up on XBL - I need those 200 wins!!! :
Xbox Community Developer Program (XCDP) member. Please do not message or IM me asking for access to or sharing of my access. The XCDP is currently closed and is not accepting new members at this time.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:33 PM   #4
Extra Terrestrial

Leonard Lau's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIcemanCometh
We need to get hooked back up on XBL - I need those 200 wins!!!   :
Seriously, do it the way I did it - the hard way.

This will also make you get the '10,000 miles driven' achievement quicker too as you are bound to race more tracks online.
Extra Terrestrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 02:09 AM   #5
TheIcemanCometh

You are probably right - I may have to do that. There are other games I need to play, and there are some coming out soon that I am interested in. Don't want to be playing RR6 for the rest of my life! ;D
Old 02-12-2006, 03:11 PM   #6
Extra Terrestrial

Leonard Lau's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIcemanCometh
You are probably right - I may have to do that.  There are other games I need to play, and there are some coming out soon that I am interested in.  Don't want to be playing RR6 for the rest of my life!   ;D
But it is so magical mate!

I have spent over 100 hours on the game alone and poor old Perfect Dark Zero and PGR3 are gathering dust with each passing day as I have got every achievement in Call of Duty 2, Condemned and King Kong back in December. The problem with my choice of games I like; there is nothing on the horizon that I want as I do not enjoy or feel I get my moneys worth buying sports games and I simply do not want anymore FPS and Racing games for a long time thus Ridge is getting a lot of playtime instead.

I love this game.
Extra Terrestrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 03:57 PM   #7
TheIcemanCometh

Oh, I have no doubts that it's magic. I actually played for three hours online last night, AAMOF. I don't know how many races I ran, but I got in with a group of guys that were really good. In the three hours, I only won one race, finshed second or third a lot, but I've never had so much fun on XBL in the four years I've had it.

Case in point. One of the last races we ran was on Airport Lap. I passed a guy at the end for second place by 0.001 seconds. Wow!
Old 02-16-2006, 03:09 AM   #8
TheIcemanCometh

Anyone else interested in tournaments? I figure we'd need at least eight for a decent-sized first crack at it. Probably something as simple as a two-out-of-three (or how about best-of-five with all car classes) single-elimination bracket type. Then, depending on how that goes, we can get all fancy and stuff.

Any ideas?
Old 02-17-2006, 03:52 PM   #9
RoughOutline

RoughOutline's Gamercard

I like the sound of a tournament, although I don't have ideas on how it could work though.
RoughOutline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 01:34 AM   #10
TheIcemanCometh

It could be difficult to do, especially with some of us in different time zones, but I think it can be done. I was thinking each game would be a private game, with someone in Spectator Mode "monitoring" the game to make sure everything's legit. Probably pick a track, then race that track with each of the five classes - Best of Five wins.

Probably some type of bracket would work best for the first try. Anyone up to give this a try either this coming week, or next weekend? If I could get a show of hands, I can put a bracket together so we can give this thing a shot.

Last call (for this one) - who's interested? I think we'd need a minimum of four, hopefully eight. All interested parties need to post a reply for entrance NLT 6:00PM EST (GMT+5) on February 19th (Sunday).
Old 02-18-2006, 11:23 AM   #11
RoughOutline

RoughOutline's Gamercard

I'm interested. Hopefully the time differences won't get in the way.
RoughOutline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 07:47 PM   #12
cotteneyekeith

Send a message via MSN to cotteneyekeith

i would play in tourn if u use myleague i would even run if if ppl would like me to i dont no if u lot no about myleague   its free to start up a tourment league and1 of a few peeps can bo tourney host for the same league this is the addy if u havent got a league page for this ridge race leave a post and il set  1 up and put a link on this board with times and setup instructions  http://www.myleague.com/

ok just been there and there is a few xbox live leagues but with no members so il set one up check back for link hope im not butting in if so just say and il stop making the ridge racer league
cotteneyekeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 08:34 PM   #13
cotteneyekeith

wanna jion the ridge racer tourney hit the link and sign up its free tourney will start in 2 days or so give me time to make the tourney site look good

the sign up is 4 steps all you need is a email addy to get your code its free use your xbox live gametag name for your user name

will sort out rules soon
but will be on the lines of a knock out till we have a winner for each tourney
1 player v 1player each player picks a course  winner out of both course goes to next round if there is a tie then host will pic the 3rd race  will be the same course for every one but we will work it all out before we r ready to go

if u wanna join hit the link

IF PPL WANNA RUN TOURNEY FOR OTHER GAMES JUST SAY AND U CAN ADD YOUR LEAGUE TO MY TOURNEY SITE AND RUN IT FROM THERE FOR FREE

http://www.myleague.com/ridgeracer6/

will need some tourny admins if u r up for trianing will be given very easy to do

WILL NEED ENGLISH.USA PEEPS TO HOST TO COVER THE TIME DIF IF U WANNA BE HOST FILL IN APPLICATION ON THE TOURNEY PAGE LOCATED ON THE LEFT SIDE OF PAGE ITS EASY TO RUN TOURNEY
Old 02-26-2006, 03:54 PM   #14
cotteneyekeith

hi all im sorry about this i have set up a tourneey page but i have broke my rr6 disc again so i cant goonline with it
if any1 wants to run the tourny they can use the league just email me and il add you as the admin for the website and teach u how to do it its very easy you just click the winners name and the webpage will give u the next pairs to race till u have a winner i fu wanna run the tourny just email me its all ready to go

supernove@hotmail.co.uk