Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Conan
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-16-2008, 03:07 AM   #1
sbm

Send a message via MSN to sbm Send a message via Yahoo to sbm

Object0Ps's Gamercard
Help with Strength of 10 Men

I finsihed the game even on king mode...but still unable to get this achievement.... Could anyone tell me the place where I can get this achievement...

Well I tried as per the achievement guide thread...at the final boss battle as well as in Serpent Queen fight...but no luck....

EDIT : Finished the game...ignore this thread...Thank U....

HOORAY!!! Goin to complete Facebreaker and GoldenAxe:Beast Rider

Last edited by sbm; 12-16-2008 at 05:55 PM.
sbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:00 AM   #2
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Feel like sharing how you got it as I've tried both methods from the guide and neither worked.Even when I dropped the void in a big mob it seems to only suck in 3 then vanishes.Rain of Fire seems to be really limited on range and i can never get enough enemies in the small circle for it to register 10 kills.

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:20 AM   #3
Ry Fryy

Ry Fryy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Got mine by complete luck. I was playing through on King difficult and was fighting the final boss. Remember how you have to turn the large wheel three times? Well I had just ran over to the final wheel, grabbed it and started to turn. Immediately all those oilmen spawn around you, and after turning the wheel halfway I started spamming left bumper. If you're casting a spell you can't take damage and I had an assload of oilmen about to slap the shit out of me. Right after casting it I rolled away and *bloop* got 2 Achievements for 55. The kill 5 and kill 10 together.

Please note I got it with the Void spell, as that was the only spell remaining during the final wheel. You lose the Firestorm and Raven spells prior.

Beware of he who took them, he goes by many names. The Bogeyman, the Shadowed One, but all are he the same. Remember to always behave, for sins he wont abide. He wields a rusty, jagged blade to cut out your insides. The bullies and their spiteful wrath will find torment as well. Soon he will strike them where they stand and drag them into hell. So do not cry aloud at night, stay hidden in your bed. Or the Bogeyman from Silent Hill will come chop off your head.

Ry Fryy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:58 PM   #4
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Lol I just saw your reply mate and guess what,I unlocked it by accident last night too.Of all the timing hehe.I got it on the sorceress fight.Was going through on my King playthrough and on the second oilman resurrection,I ran to the centre of the chalice (underneath it to avoid the laser blasts) and slapped a rain of fire as I ran.The oilmen must've ran exactly behind me and to the centre and ding,up it popped.

Hope these couple of tips me and Fryy posted might help others as it is quite a tough chiev to get and requires a lot of luck!

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:48 AM   #5
Ry Fryy

Ry Fryy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
^^

That's a good spot to attempt it. I think I might have tried once there and didn't get it, so I moved on. It's definitely one part luck as you could get it one time and not another. Just glad to have gotten it when I did.

Beware of he who took them, he goes by many names. The Bogeyman, the Shadowed One, but all are he the same. Remember to always behave, for sins he wont abide. He wields a rusty, jagged blade to cut out your insides. The bullies and their spiteful wrath will find torment as well. Soon he will strike them where they stand and drag them into hell. So do not cry aloud at night, stay hidden in your bed. Or the Bogeyman from Silent Hill will come chop off your head.

Ry Fryy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:16 PM   #6
Ralph The Rogue

Ralph The Rogue's Gamercard
I just got this on the Dark Prison level. When you land in this level immediately run around the circle and wake up the ghosts. Oilmen will be spawning from the black pools during your running around. Head to the left of the screen where there is another pool and treasure chest. This wakes up more ghosts and spawns more oilmen. Run back to the original circle and draw as many ghosts and oilmen to you as possible. Roll/Run back to the left area where the chest is located, but stop the the choke point between the two areas. What you are doing is holding out long enough to group 10+ ghosts and oilmen together. Drop your fireball and pick up your easy 40 points for the achievement. I did this on the easy difficulty and it took me all of 2 minutes to figure out. Enjoy.

Ralph The Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:15 PM   #7
tastyhouse

tastyhouse's Gamercard
I unlocked this in Outpost level. When you reach the first save stone (in one of the parapets in a chamber with a maiden) you will see a bridge you have to cross to get to the other parapet with a bunch of bad dudes waiting for you. I ran straight across the bridge into the middle of them giving them no time to spread out. I just hit the rain of fire and bam - mob massacre and strength of 10 men unlocked after the second try. Super easy.
tastyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:05 PM   #8
Petey247

Petey247's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph The Rogue View Post
I just got this on the Dark Prison level. When you land in this level immediately run around the circle and wake up the ghosts. Oilmen will be spawning from the black pools during your running around. Head to the left of the screen where there is another pool and treasure chest. This wakes up more ghosts and spawns more oilmen. Run back to the original circle and draw as many ghosts and oilmen to you as possible. Roll/Run back to the left area where the chest is located, but stop the the choke point between the two areas. What you are doing is holding out long enough to group 10+ ghosts and oilmen together. Drop your fireball and pick up your easy 40 points for the achievement. I did this on the easy difficulty and it took me all of 2 minutes to figure out. Enjoy.
Worked out perfectly, thanks.

Petey247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:42 AM   #9
Riovas

granted, this thread is long dead, but if anyone picked up the game recently (10/09) and is having trouble with this achievement, i was able to unlock it on hard at the last phase of the final boss by using the void move right after i respawned (i died alot on hard, damn tentacles). i only got 4-5 tar men then promptly got skewered by more tentacles. after you die (if you die), use the void move again. seems the game is kind and tallies your void kills from your last checkpoint, or at least thats what it did for me. hope this helps ppl!
Riovas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:14 PM   #10
DugDigger

DugDigger's Gamercard
Thanks for reviving the thread, I'm playing through on Hard for the first time and will try out these methods.....
DugDigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:46 AM   #11
The Taymanator

The Taymanator's Gamercard
Ralph - thanks, that totally did the trick!
The Taymanator is offline   Reply With Quote