PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > High School Musical 3: Senior Year DANCE!
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-20-2008, 01:35 PM   #1
sanger

Sangriaz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide

High School Musical 3: Senior Year Dance

Achievement Guide by Sanger

Shop-a-holic-120 Unlock all the clothing pieces.

Refer to the costume guide by MightyMango here

There are 79 costumes in total to unlock. Most costumes will be unlocked by the time you finish the Shhhh It’s a Secret achievement. The rest can be unlocked by getting 100% perfects all songs on one of the three difficulties. (That is full combo, all perfects. You can check this by looking at the song stats after the song is finished. Accuracy should be 100% and Max Combo and Perfects should read the same number.)

Most Popular-10 Unlock all characters.

After every few songs completed on any difficulty, a character will unlock. Unlock all the characters for this achievement.

Homecoming King-5 Create a male CAW character

Go to Create a Wildcat and create a new male character. Just change some settings and save. It should unlock right away.

Homecoming Queen -10 Create a female CAW character.

Same as Homecoming King, except create a female character.

Passing Grade-50 Pass every song

Complete all songs on Sophomore and Junior difficulty..

Valedictorian -120 Get an A+ on every song.

Complete all songs with a score of A+ on Sophomore and Junior difficulty. To get an A+ you need a minimum 97% Great/Perfects.

Welcome to Senior Year!-20 Unlock Senior Difficulty

Senior difficulty unlocks when you complete all songs on Junior difficulty.

Pop Quizzin'-10 Complete all quizzes

Just go through all the quizzes. It doesn’t matter what results you get. I suggest just pressing A repeatedly to get the left-most conclusion. This will save you time for the Well-Rounded Wildcat achievement.

High School Orientation -5 Complete the tutorial

Go to tutorial menu and finish all of the tutorials.

Last edited by sanger; 12-25-2008 at 11:25 AM.
sanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:35 PM   #2
sanger

Sangriaz's Gamercard

Shhhh it’s a secret -20 Complete all Secret Cues

Every song has a secret cue to be found by activating the superstar mode at the right time. The cues will change to Wildcat logo instead of the normal green or pink circles. There are 29 songs and 3 difficulties, so you need to find 81 secret cues. This achievement unlocks when you found all secret cues for the Junior and Senior difficulties, but to get the Shop-a-Holic achievement you need to find all Sophomore secret cues as well.

Great Personality -10 Play 50 Quizzes

See Well-Rounded Wildcat.

Number 1 Fan -25 Unlock all Signatures

Signatures unlock when you play using the character a lot. (I do not know the exact requirement unfortunately) Just keep playing with the characters that you do not have signatures for. If the achievement does not unlock for you after getting the 8th signature. Go out to the dashboard, and come back. Play one song and it should unlock at that point.

East High Graduate -100 Graduate!

Finish Junior difficulty and get the required number of credits. Should unlock for you at the end of Junior year if you played through Sophomore first or during Senior year if you started with Junior difficulty.

Star Dazzler -25 Spend 2 hours in Super Star Mode

If you play well, you can active Superstar power by pressing LB+RB when the Star on the upper left is full. Do this until you have spent 2 hours in this mode. You can check how you are doing by going to the yearbook / student records. It’s on the second page.

Freezer -25 Spend 1 hour in Hold Cues

Hold cues are the ones where you have to hold down a single direction for a few seconds. You have to spend 1 hour total in hold cues. You can check how you are doing by going to the yearbook / student records. It’s on the second page.

1K Cues -15 Hit 1000 Cues

Just hit 1,000 cues total. You can check how you are doing by going to the yearbook / student records. It’s on the second page.

Perfect Precision -25 Hit 1000 Cues perfectly

Hit 1,000 cues total with Perfect grade. You can check how you are doing by going to the yearbook / student records. It’s on the second page.

Meteor Shower -20 Activate Super Star 100 times

If you play well, you can active Superstar power by pressing LB+RB when the Star on the upper left is full. Do this 100 times total. You can check how you are doing by going to the yearbook / student records. It’s on the second page.

Last edited by sanger; 12-20-2008 at 01:39 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:36 PM   #3
sanger

Sangriaz's Gamercard

Welcome to East High -15 Get an A on Every HSM1 Song

Get a score of A on every HSM1 song. Sophomore and Junior difficulties need to be cleared.

HSM1 songs are:
Bop to the Top
We’re All In This Together
What I’ve Been Looking For (Reprise)
What I’ve Been Looking For
Breaking Free
Get’cha Head in the Game
When There Was Me and You
Start of Something New
Stick to the Status Quo

Summer Vacation -15 Get an A on Every HSM2 Song

Get a score of A on every HSM2 song. Sophomore and Junior difficulties need to be cleared.

HSM2 songs are:
What Time Is It
Work This Out
I Gotta Go My Own Way
You Are the Music In Me
Everyday
I Don’t Dance
Bet On It
You Are the Music In Me (Reprise)
All For One
Fabulous

Senior Year -15 Get an A on Every HSM3 Song.

Get a score of A on every HSM3 song. Sophomore and Junior difficulties need to be cleared.

HSM3 songs are:
Now or Never
I Want It All
Right Here Right Now
Can I Have This Dance
The Boys Are Back
Just Wanna Be With You
A Night to Remember
Scream
Walk Away
High School Musical

Break the Bank -30 Earn 100 million total points

Cumulative total of 100 million points in any song/difficulty combined. You can check your progress by going to Yearbook / Student Records.

Extra Credit -40 Total game time of 8 hours

Total game time of 8 hours (Only time when playing songs are counted). You need to actually play 10 hours for one of the costumes.

Well-Rounded Wildcat -25 Get all quiz conclusions

There are three conclusions to every quiz. Left can be gotten by picking left all the way through. Right can be gotten by picking right all the way through. Middle can be gotten by picking right until the last question, pick the left one for that. Do this for all of the quizzes to get the achievement.

Flawless Performance -10 Get an A+ on a song

Get an A+ on one song in Junior or Senior difficulty. You need to hit 97% of the notes to get this score.

Dance Machine -10 Get 100% dance accuracy

Get a full combo on one song in Junior or Senior difficulty. You need to get all Perfects and Greats.

Perfectionist -15 Hit above 50% of notes perfectly

50% of the notes must be Perfect on one song in Junior or Senior difficulty. If there are 100 notes in the song, you must have 50 Perfects for this to unlock. Number of perfect notes can be seen on the after the song stats screen.

Playing Favorites -10 Pass a song using only 1 sector

Choose What I’ve Been Looking For (Reprise) on Junior difficulty and hit the down cues only.

Class Clown -0 Fail a Song

Choose any song on Junior or Senior difficulty and put down the controller.

Last edited by sanger; 12-25-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:36 PM   #4
sanger

Sangriaz's Gamercard

Short Attention Span -15 Pass a song without hitting held notes

Choose any song on Junior or Senior difficulty and pass it without hitting hold cues. Probably easiest to do What I’ve Been Looking For (Reprise) as this song is very short.

Wildcat Explorer -10 Complete a Secret Cue phrase

Every song has a secret cue to be found by activating the superstar mode at the right time. The cues will change to Wildcat logo instead of the normal green or pink circles. Do this on a song for Junior or Senior difficulty. (Cannot be done on Sophomore)

50 Times the Dancer -5 Reach 50 In-a-row

See 300 Times the Dancer

100 Times the Dancer -10 Reach 100 In-a-row

See 300 Times the Dancer

300 Times the Dancer -25 Reach 300 In-a-row

Continuing to hit the notes without Oh Nos will get the combo counter in the bottom right going. Go all the way up to 300 in a row to get this achievement. There are only a few songs in the game with more than 300 notes. All 3 of these achievement must be done in Junior or Senior difficulty. The songs with more than 300 notes are:

All For One (Senior)
High School Musical (Senior)
I Want It All (Senior)
Stick To the Status Quo (Senior)
The Boys Are Back (Senior)

Shooting Star -15 Activate Super Star 3 times in one song

If you play well, you can active Superstar power by pressing LB+RB when the Star on the upper left is full. Do this three times in one song on Junior or Senior difficulty. This is not achievable on some of the shorter songs. I suggest a long song like High School Musical or The Boys Are Back.

4th Quarter Comeback -5 Max out the performance meter after almost failing

Choose a song you are comfortable with on Junior or Senior difficulty. Purposefully miss notes until the meter is in the red zone and alarm will sound warning you that you are almost failing. Start playing from here to max out the performance meter all the way to the right until the end of the song.

Avoid Elimination -5 Never enter red zone in the performance meter

Choose a song you are comfortable with on Junior or Senior difficulty. Make sure the performance meter doesn’t fall below the yellow zone.

Tutor -10 Double your teammate's Dance Accuracy in Dance Duo

Play a 2 player game of Dance Duo in which that you do twice as well as the second player. If you are playing alone, this should be really easy

We're All In This Together -10 100 note combo in Dance Duo

Play a 2 player game of Dance Duo in which that you get a 100 note combo. Combo meter is separately counted so you only need to play with 1 controller.

Gotta Go My Own Way -5 Block your opponent in Dance-Off

Play a 2 player game of Dance Off. In Dance Off, instead of Superstar you get Blocker. Press LB+RB to block your opponent and get this achievement.

BFF -25 Play 50 times with any character

Play 50 times with one of the eight characters.

Honor Roll -50 Have a GPA above 3.3 after 50 songs

Have an average of B+ after 50 songs. This can be checked in the Yearbook / Student Records.

Buzzer Beater -10 Finish the song in the performance meter's warning zone

Play any song on Junior or Senior difficulty and make sure the warning alarm is sounding when you complete the song. Doing this with a short song is recommended. You Are the Music in Me (Reprise) or What I’ve Been Looking For.

Pack Rat -5 Have 3 Blockers at one time in Dance-Off

Play a 2 player game of Dance Off. In Dance Off, instead of Superstar you get Blocker. You can get up to three blockers. You need to play a fairly long song to be able to pull this off, but most songs will allow this.

Special Thanks To:
MightyMango
MachineAres
Disney Interactive Customer Support
McDan1el for his comments about A+ on Junior difficulty

Last edited by sanger; 12-25-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:24 PM   #5
Mightymango

Send a message via MSN to Mightymango

MightyMango's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Mightymango   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Nice work!!! Thanks for the credit.

^^ Updated 9.26.11

FORUM RULES
Read and Follow them

Mightymango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:08 PM   #6
dethklok
Banned User

lX CaptHowdy Xl's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Silver   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanger View Post
Shhhh it’s a secret -20 Complete all Secret Cues

Every song has a secret cue to be found by activating the superstar mode at the right time. The cues will change to Wildcat logo instead of the normal green or pink circles. There are 29 songs and 3 difficulties, so you need to find 81 secret cues. This achievement unlocks when you found all secret cues for the Junior and Senior difficulties, but to get the Shop-a-Holic achievement you need to find all Sophomore secret cues as well.

does anyone where where/when to activate the super star mode. Please post your findings. I will be making a thread for this as well
dethklok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:15 PM   #7
McDan1el

McDan1el's Gamercard

You sure all your descriptions are right?

I have A+ on all songs on Junior yet dont have

Complete all songs with a score of A+ on Junior or Senior difficulty. This achievement cannot be unlocked by playing Sophomore difficulty. To get an A+ you need a minimum 97% Great/Perfects.

OR

Get an A on Every HSMX Song ones either

Nadine > *

Last edited by McDan1el; 12-24-2008 at 09:26 PM.
McDan1el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:24 AM   #8
sanger

Sangriaz's Gamercard

McDan1el: It unlocked for me when I completed all songs with an A+ on Junior difficulty, but I did start playing from Sophomore and A+ all songs on Sophomore before going on to Junior. It might be that you have to A+ every song on at least two difficulties or rather on both Sophomore and Junior. The game's achievement system is definitely a bit strange.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:41 PM   #9
McDan1el

McDan1el's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanger View Post
McDan1el: It unlocked for me when I completed all songs with an A+ on Junior difficulty, but I did start playing from Sophomore and A+ all songs on Sophomore before going on to Junior. It might be that you have to A+ every song on at least two difficulties or rather on both Sophomore and Junior. The game's achievement system is definitely a bit strange.
Thats the strange thing... so did I

Sophmore + Junior = A+ on every song

So far sets 1-3 on the last difficulty a+ too :/

Nadine > *
Old 12-25-2008, 06:52 PM   #10
McDan1el

McDan1el's Gamercard

Well it unlocked for me after doing all 3 difficulties with an A+ rating (got A+ first time on every song too, so not sure how that works if others got it without doing Senior year?)

Nadine > *
Old 01-08-2009, 08:23 PM   #11
Mightymango

Send a message via MSN to Mightymango

MightyMango's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Mightymango   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDan1el View Post
Thats the strange thing... so did I

Sophmore + Junior = A+ on every song

So far sets 1-3 on the last difficulty a+ too :/
I had to A+ all the songs on all the difficulties to get it.

^^ Updated 9.26.11

FORUM RULES
Read and Follow them

Mightymango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:11 AM   #12
ShinUkyo

ShinUkyo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Great work on the guide! Very well-written and presented. And as I said in the other thread, I really appreciate the hard work you guys put towards figuring out this game's achievements. It helped me to finish the game pretty quickly, and I know it'll come in handy to those who pick up the game later.

Completed Retail: 26 | Completed Arcade: 79 | Total Completed Games: 105
Achievement Completion: 79% | TA Ratio: 1.65 (All data is accurate as of September 18th, 2012)
ShinUkyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:22 PM   #13
hickmorais

Hickmorais's Gamercard
nable to make the tutor, explain better, please
hickmorais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:19 AM   #14
Jedi Kayben

Jedi Kayben's Gamercard
I have A+ on all songs on sophomore and Junior difficulties and i dont have any of these achievements

Welcome to East High
Summer Vacation
Senior Year
Old 02-20-2009, 10:24 AM   #15
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns

jackanape's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shiftie   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff - Super Moderator   Road Map - Platinum   A+ Thread Award   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
Me either - I think you have to get A+ on all songs on every difficulty in order to unlock any of those. I'm halfway through senior year so hopefully they will all unlock when I am done.

jackanape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:10 PM   #16
Jedi Kayben

Jedi Kayben's Gamercard
They will. I finished senior year just now and i got all 3 achievements so i think the guide is wrong as most people seems to have to complete all difficulties for these achievements.

Also just a tip for anyone having problems with the 300 combo, the easiest by far is All for One (senior). I couldnt get it on any of the other songs listed with more than 300 notes but this one doesnt have any fast sections.

Last edited by Jedi Kayben; 02-20-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Jedi Kayben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 02:17 AM   #17
o0 TommyGuns 0o

o0 TommyGuns 0o's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
i just unlocked the A+ achievement and the 3 achievements for getting A's on the certain songs. what i did was play through junior difficulty and got A+ on all songs and then got A+ on all the senior difficulty songs and those for 4 achievements unlocked. I have not even finished sophomore difficulty so i dont think u have to play all 3 difficulties to get the A+ achievement
Old 02-21-2009, 01:12 PM   #18
Jedi Kayben

Jedi Kayben's Gamercard
Ok but the guide says sophomore and junior, it must be more like junior and senior then.

Just got to 860gs on this and im leaving it there. Cant be bother to find all the secret cues and get all clothing items for the last two achievements.

Last edited by Jedi Kayben; 02-22-2009 at 10:43 PM.
Jedi Kayben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:03 PM   #19
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns

jackanape's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shiftie   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff - Super Moderator   Road Map - Platinum   A+ Thread Award   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
I'm working on a guide for the Secret Cues as we speak. Currently found them all on four songs (on every difficulty) and will update my findings when I am finished. I have about 60 out of 87 at the moment.

What I have discovered is that on certain songs the Cues will pop up at the same moment (in terms of the songs rather than the notes) on every difficulty.

This is not true all the time but is a helpful tip.

As of now I need just one more song done Perfectly (for a clothing unlock) and then 8 more songs on Senior - after that I just need the secret cues for the last bit of clothing and I'm done. I also need to mop up a few easy achievements like the Dance Duo ones, but thought I'd get the long slog done first.

Last edited by jackanape; 02-23-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:08 PM   #20
o0 TommyGuns 0o

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackanape View Post
I'm working on a guide for the Secret Cues as we speak. Currently found them all on four songs (on every difficulty) and will update my findings when I am finished. I have about 60 out of 87 at the moment.
What I have discovered is that on certain songs the Cues will pop up at the same moment (in terms of the songs rather than the notes) on every difficulty.

This is not true all the time but is a helpful tip.

As of now I need just one more song done Perfectly (for a clothing unlock) and then 8 more songs on Senior - after that I just need the secret cues for the last bit of clothing and I'm done. I also need to mop up a few easy achievements like the Dance Duo ones, but thought I'd get the long slog done first.
thats awsome jack thanks so much tht will help so much. How long until u figure you will finish? just wondering no rush ha
Old 02-25-2009, 04:55 PM   #21
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns

jackanape's Gamercard

At the moment I have found 56/87 secret cues. Problem is I've only just started making the list so I'll have to go back and re-do some of the songs. It will be a pain in the ass, ha ha!

Old 03-12-2009, 07:08 AM   #22
o0 TommyGuns 0o

hey jack hows those secret ques coming along. Could you possibly post the ones you have if its not complete so i can get a start on them. That would be awsome
Old 03-13-2009, 01:58 PM   #23
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns

jackanape's Gamercard

I hate to say this but the guide is not going to happen - I was writing them down as I went along but I lost the bit of paper I was using so I only have a few that were sat on a different pad.

I know this is a big letdown for anyone who was waiting but I will post up the few I still have. Along with a few pointers.

By just playing the songs and activating star power ASAP (assuming you are not missing any notes) will get you about 50 or so of the 87 secret cues available.

On the longer songs too the cues are at the EXACT same point on every difficulty. So pay attention to the point of the song you are at (as opposed to the number of notes) and activate star power at the same point on the other difficulties. A few notable examples that this is true on - Bet on It, Boys are Back, Everyday, Status Quo. So if you find it on one of them you can find it on them all.

Again - I'm really sorry about this but, after losing all of my work, I really don't want to play through most of the songs again.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:34 PM   #24
o0 TommyGuns 0o

ok well thanks for the info and its very understandable i couldnt play those songs anymore then needed either, but thanks for the info about the long songs
Old 12-29-2009, 11:48 PM   #25
yamayamayaamaa

Send a message via ICQ to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via AIM to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Yahoo to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Skype™ to yamayamayaamaa

yamayamayaamaa's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Achievement Guide needs updating badly.

Lots of wrong info on it.

yamayamayaamaa is offline   Reply With Quote