PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Clive Barker's Jericho
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-08-2009, 05:04 PM   #31
NoMaD DiSTuRBeD

the nomad's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
A great game. The only thing I didn't like was the Non-ending. Would have liked to see an epic ending. Maybe of the firstborn finally being released. Ghost bullet is the best weapon ever.

NoMaD DiSTuRBeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:44 PM   #32
broxybear

broxy bear's Gamercard
i just finished this game 1000/1000 in one sitting (8 hours ). To be honest i was not looking forward to playing as i had heard alot of bad things , but i thought it was a pretty good game apart from the ending that is .
Old 03-14-2009, 04:27 PM   #33
broken scope

BROKEN SCOPE XD's Gamercard
this games is truly a hidden gem
,also really cheap + easy achievements
whats not to love
broken scope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:05 AM   #34
MrMario2011

MrMario2011's Gamercard
I picked this up at that Best Buy sale today for only $10. I'm planning on getting 1000 on this because it's pretty fun.

Completed Retail:

Clive Barker's Jericho (1000/1000)
Condemned (970/970)
EA SPORTS FN 3 (1000/1000)
Fallout 3 PC (1550/1550)
Halo 3 (Original 1000)
King Kong (1000/1000)
Lost Via Domus (1000/1000)
Oblivion (1250/1250)
TMNT (1000/1000)
Wanted (1000/1000)

Completed Arcade:
Dash of Destruction (200/200)
The Maw (Original 200)

MrMario2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:43 AM   #35
Elektrohazard

N7CelticLullaby's Gamercard
As we are hoping, the non-ending, leads up to the second game.

Elektrohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:01 PM   #36
K1LLEGAL

K1LLEGAL's Gamercard
I just finished the game, and I actually really enjoyed the last fight (mainly because of what happened just before it) and i'm glad theres a sequel confirmed. I picked the game up about a week ago, £10 for the steelbook edition and while I wasn't expecting much I realised what an awesome game it actually is.

One thing I did find though is that I didn't really enjoy the sections where you are fighting by yourself. The team aspect really makes the game what it is.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:08 PM   #37
MrMario2011

MrMario2011's Gamercard
I completely agree, I picked this up for $10 at the BB sale, they had like 10 or 15 copies of this game! Anyways, I started playing it and couldn't stop, I just got the last achievement I need in it (250 melee kills). I like how for every achievement you unlock, it unlocks something within the game, so the achievements aren't only just numbers. I do highly recommend it. I don't think multiplayer would be good in this game as it was a bit slow paced, but co-op would have been excellent! I'm selling this game soon, despite how good it is I have 1000 in it and even going through it a second time wasn't as fun as other games I've gone through multiple times. Also, co-op or some downloadable content would make me keep this game. The game unfortunately is too old and unpopular for any DLC, but we can always hope in Jericho 2! I for one will deffinately pick up the sequel!

This game deserves at least an 8 out of 10! Many games I play with low reviews like 4's 5's or 6's, just aren't good. For example, Kane and Lynch, it got low reviews but they were true. The guy at GameSpot got fired for his brutal, yet spot on review of it! Some people did like it don't get me wrong, but I for one didn't. This is one of the few games I've played that got low reviews and ended up being amazing! My only complaint was that at times the game was too quiet. The dark, nasty backgrounds really deserve to have some dark guitar or metal played with them.

Completed Retail:

Clive Barker's Jericho (1000/1000)
Condemned (970/970)
EA SPORTS FN 3 (1000/1000)
Fallout 3 PC (1550/1550)
Halo 3 (Original 1000)
King Kong (1000/1000)
Lost Via Domus (1000/1000)
Oblivion (1250/1250)
TMNT (1000/1000)
Wanted (1000/1000)

Completed Arcade:
Dash of Destruction (200/200)
The Maw (Original 200)

Last edited by MrMario2011; 05-03-2009 at 07:14 PM.
MrMario2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:25 PM   #38
CACTUS

CACTUS666's Gamercard
i got it for £5 today so i am looking forward to playing sounds like i picked up a bargin
CACTUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:20 PM   #39
stevieboy65

Stevieboy65's Gamercard
I've really enjoyed it too but am stuck at the end. How do i kill the firstborn?
stevieboy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:24 PM   #40
stevieboy65

Stevieboy65's Gamercard
Wanted is good fun and Dark sector is also good
stevieboy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:43 PM   #41
A 2rue boofer
Banned User

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Y this game is really kool the concept of it was amazing
A 2rue boofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:49 AM   #42
Camreeno

Okay I've had the game out for a few weeks now (from Gamefly) and I have to say I can understand how someone wouldn't like this game. I mean yes it's pretty innovative with the ability to swap between different characters with different powers and shooting styles.... however the game just gets a little repetetive and it seems like most of the time you've traversing passageways and waiting for a batch of half-dead guys running at you, and the process repeats through most of the game. I just feel like too much time is spend reviving people and it takes from the action and it can get fucking annoying. Sometimes you just die out of the blue from some random blast or who knows what.

So yes, the game has it's flaws. I would say it's a decent game but nothing spectacular. Oh and about the graphics...Sure it has nice character models but scenery is either hit or miss. Movement animations are very robotic and if you've played Oblivion then you know what to expect. The voice acting seemed to be much more comical than serious and it's pretty questionable sometimes (just my opinion).

Anyway I think a lot of you are giving this game praise simply because it got weak reviews and you want to counter what the reviews said to get attention or something. I mean yeah it does a few new things but it doesn't execute what it's trying to do as good as if could have. Then again the game isn't that bad.

Last edited by Camreeno; 06-17-2009 at 10:43 PM.
Camreeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:54 AM   #43
VladimirK

VladimirK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
I agree.
Took a break from playing Sacred 2 today, (can get a bit repetative) and picked this out, and what was mainly for achievements today has left me actually really enjoying it. (Just going back to do the 250 melle kills and that's 1000 on that one).
Old 06-14-2009, 12:26 AM   #44
Missingnin80

Missingnin80's Gamercard
a friend scoffed at me for buying it and i knew for a fact he hadn`t played it and told him not to judge things he had no basis for an opinion on...he kept commenting on how crap it was supposed to be according to reviews he`d read I said i disagreed...he played it really liked it and was very embarrassed. I think the weapons/abilities are fantastic, gameplay is solid but like the guy who started the thread i think the level design and enemies get a little repetitive however It`s a game i`m really pleased i own. I got it for a measly £8.99 and it was the tin version too brand new and sealed!.
Like a previous poster I found the ending a little dissapointing...didn`t want anything epic just some kind of ending really...i mean it doesn`t even really tell you anything you`re just left hanging.....maybe a sequel will emerge, I hope so....it`d be a good game to make a sequel to....
Missingnin80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:08 PM   #45
big red marino

big red marino's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Based on the reviews here and the possibility of an easy 1000 I have this coming from GameFly. Looking forward to it.
big red marino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:13 PM   #46
Negative Creep

negativecreep08's Gamercard
Sorry, but I can think of several reasons why this game is average:

- exploding cultists. Just who exactly thought they were a good idea?
- clichéd characters
- boring, cramped level design
- you spend more time reviving teammates than fighting
- manages to make 5 time eras look exactly the same
- repetitive enemies
- the ending
- not scary and no atmosphere
- did I mention the exploding cultists?

It's not terrible and does have it's moments, but I'd never give it more than 6
Negative Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:33 PM   #47
GUNSANDBUTTA

GUNSANDBUTTA's Gamercard
I started to play this game and damn it got 1 achievement I wasn't to impressed with it but after reading this I mite give it another shot
GUNSANDBUTTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:05 AM   #48
EOU Findub

EOU Findub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negative Creep View Post
Sorry, but I can think of several reasons why this game is average:

- clichéd characters
- repetitive enemies
- the ending

It's not terrible and does have it's moments, but I'd never give it more than 6
I'll agree, the exploding cultists were extremely annoying and should have been excluded. How were the characters cliche? Name one game that had all of these types of particular characters. I didn't feel cramped at all running through the level. The tight corridors and enemies popping out from anywhere was a treat.

The reviving teammate was quite annoying...you have a point there. As for the five eras being and looking exactly the same, it IS taking place at the exact same area, but in different time eras. The layout should be around the same...or at least I would hope.

The ending...was complete and utter shit. Enough said. This was an excellent game up until the ending. All the mechanics you would need in a game with no added extras. Just right imo.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:12 PM   #49
HighsounD

HighsounD's Gamercard
Borrowed this from a friend yesterday, started playing today and finished about half the game. I think it's a good game, neither brilliant or crap. There are some things that bothers me though. Like the healing, why the f should the other ones die from one shot when I seem to be taking alot of them. Spent most of my time healing instead of killing. Then I think the characters are to different. Black is great with her sniper/grenade launcher, Delgado I like alot, but the other ones are useless. Church primary weapon is shit, and her sword is way to slow and unbalanced. Jones doesn't have anything good, Rawlings guns are ok but not so accurate or effective. And whats up with Cole? Her abilities doesn't work for nothing, and her gun is way to ineffective.

But, enough complaining, I DO think that it is a good game, it just has his flaws and issues. And if there's a second one coming, great.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:50 PM   #50
Brutalsleeper

Brutalsleeper's Gamercard
WOW I loved the game. It had it's flaws (exploding cultists) but the atmosphere was just incredible. As for the ending i was amazed by it, this could just be me being wierd but when you came out of the water I was like "Nooo what happens now, Why wont you tell me" but i love it when that happens. The unknown is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
But the dig site is on the other side of the city!.
Follow me on Twitter
Brutalsleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:02 AM   #51
Double O Slevin

Double O Slevin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I just picked this up from GameStop tonight for $8, great price IMO. I haven't played it yet, I hope the game is as good as I've been reading. I give an opinion soon enough.

Double O Slevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:06 PM   #52
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2
Total Awards: 44 (more» ...)
Easy 1k, main reason for me to play it. Didn't expect anything, and wasn't dissapointed.

Ok, I got it for €9, and with the cheats enabled it was actually quite enjoyable. But there's no way I would have touched this game if cheats had disabled achievements.

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 56 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 11-6-2

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:00 AM   #53
truecorpse

I just got done with this game a few days ago and i will say that it is a great game. I thought it had one of the most original storylines and cast of characters ive seen. The only downside to the game is that its to short. Plus its an extremely easy 1000 gp.
truecorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:24 AM   #54
Qonok

Qonok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Just finished the game myself and I loved it. Just wish it was longer. I liked the nice dark evilness of the areas you were going through. Wish the mobs had the sneakiness of those in Bioshock where you would walk up a passage and turn around and something was standing there looking at you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negative Creep View Post
- clichéd characters
- repetitive enemies
- the ending
Exploding cultists were only a problem to me until I figured out to just pop all of the pustules and they go boom by themselves.
Didn't think the levels were that cramped. A bit too linear but not cramped.
I played it first time on hard and only revived team members maybe 5 times in all and died only like twice at the beginning before I figured out how to kill the buggers.
The ending wasn't that bad to me. I understood it since the battle was very much over by the time you swam away. It wasn't no where near as bad as say...Fable 2's anticlimatic ending.
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by Qonok; 08-24-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Qonok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:23 PM   #55
Dustinator

Dustinator's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I also, bought this game not expecting much and loved the game. The only thing that I didn't like was the ending, which was open ended. Oh well. Room for a sequel. But it really was good. I thoroughly enjoyed and recommended it to my boss and he got it and also loved it too. My favorite thing about the game was the atmosphere. Especially the stage in Rome. So awesome.....

I despise multiplayer achievements!!

Last 100% complete - Jetpack Joyride 09/14/14

Dustinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:13 PM   #56
Pheonix_Assassin
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to Pheonix_Assassin

Phe0nixAssass1n's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
I just started playing this game today after i was given it to borrow off my step brother and i must say it is awesome

Truly is underrated and it is a shame it is a classic FPS
Pheonix_Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:04 AM   #57
Graivul

Heroic Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Yeah I have to agree this game is seriously underrated. Yes there are a few little niggles (like any game) but to see the reviews it has received it is totally unjustified.

When you look at the scores the reviewers gave it, it is quite clear to me how it scored so low. There is no onine / co-op mode and I love the game for that all the more.

The last thing we need is another Gears / Halo / COD. We have too many games with online modes tagged on and online achievements which are an instant turn-off. Then there is the inevitable lobby full of 12 year old special needs cases doing nothing but swear over and over again because mommy can't hear them, or just basically abusing everyone. I can live without that crap, long may Jericho remain the shining light of an example to what a real game should be like.

Graivul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:05 AM   #58
Vitiate

Send a message via AIM to Vitiate

Omega2486's Gamercard
I bought this game, and just love it. Definetly a hidden diamond experience, Ive 1Kd for 4 other people for points so far, one of my favorites.

I refuse to use MGC, they never updated my profile.
Vitiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:33 PM   #59
drexsack

drexsack's Gamercard
Nice and very easy game, easy 1k, but a total stupid boss fight and one of the worst endings ever.
drexsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 04:46 PM   #60
Gatsu

Shin Gatsurai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I got it for £5 & I agree it is underrated.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sig' pic' created by - Gackt
Did you find me?
Gatsu is offline   Reply With Quote