PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-28-2008, 06:55 AM   #1
CalenderDude

CalenderCat's Gamercard
A few multiplayer Q's

I was just wondering if anyone else has problems with joining games. I can barely get into a game at all player or ranked. It takes forever to find a ranked game and every player game I try to join it says "Couldn't connect to all players". So is there any way make me connect to players easier or is it just something thats poopy about the game?

Also to get points and rank up do you have to play in ranked or can you get points in player matchs too?

Thanks
Old 12-29-2008, 08:37 PM   #2
big red marino

big red marino's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Extremely curious about this as well. My friend and I try to join yesterday and we could not get linked up at all. Thought maybe we would bridge together if there was noone else on and nothing worked. Anyone still playing this online. We both want the online achieves. Kind of getting sick of world at was as he has prestiged 3 times and I am about to do it the first time. So we are looking for some other online gaming that allows you to get achievements.
big red marino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:48 PM   #3
antnie

FTF GNASHER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
It seems like the game has moods, or at least when I play. For instence I will play one week and it will work like a charm, next week it seems broken. Iam guessing it is just luck.
antnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:20 PM   #4
RIPHEAD911
Banned User

Di4L x MoTioNz's Gamercard
It is luck, but also I think this game requires quite a strong connection, so you may struggle to connect against people in different countries. I want the achievements but, like you guys, can't find a game for about 10 minutes. Oh well, I have other games 2 hoard on!
RIPHEAD911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:52 PM   #5
awesomepizza

Send a message via Yahoo to awesomepizza

AwesomePizza's Gamercard
I have been struggling the same way. I just want to get a few of the multiplayer achievements, but then it takes forever to find a game, and then last time I got booted from two games. I also had trouble even finding where my exp number is. I think I got 14, which is depressing.
awesomepizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:50 PM   #6
DiamondD

TheDiamondD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I've actually been getting into a lot of good games. It could quite possibly be the time of day that you're getting on (early in the day or way late at night). Another reason, could be that you're looking for gametypes that really no one plays any more. I used to just try to join a game by going to Quick Match, but when that took too long, I went into a Custom Match and searched Capture the Flag. You're almost guaranteed to find people playing that and you may just even find a boosting party since it's the easiest gametype in which to do so. You can honestly earn about 500 points or more a match if everyone knows what they're doing.

Join the Fight!
Coming April 2nd!
DiamondD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:03 PM   #7
Rifle Elite

Turbulus NL's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomepizza View Post
I have been struggling the same way. I just want to get a few of the multiplayer achievements, but then it takes forever to find a game, and then last time I got booted from two games. I also had trouble even finding where my exp number is. I think I got 14, which is depressing.
thats your trueskill rank. But dont mind about it, it doesnt works. At the beginning I was 24 , then one match later I ended first with the most kills and on the winning team and I went down to 18. Now Im even 17 so its safe to say the trueskill thing is broken.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:07 AM   #8
awesomepizza

Send a message via Yahoo to awesomepizza

AwesomePizza's Gamercard
So then where do I see my experience?
awesomepizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:51 AM   #9
Evil Demon55

Send a message via AIM to Evil Demon55 Send a message via MSN to Evil Demon55

Evil Demon55's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Never had this problem... try checking your connection to live.

688 days left to go!
Evil Demon55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:01 PM   #10
CalenderDude

CalenderCat's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomepizza View Post
So then where do I see my experience?
Ya I have the same question. Where can you look at your total experience earned? I can't find it anywhere. :P
Old 03-21-2010, 04:06 PM   #11
StayonTarget
Intuitive

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Just got a lot of lag. If you wait a minute, leave the lobby. Go to headquarters or something because it's always empty. You should be in the lobby and it'll say you need so and so many people ready. Then go back into a war lobby or ctf or whatever you want. Usually works for me.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote