PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Rise of the Argonauts
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-13-2009, 09:56 AM   #61
Gizmo2k

Gizmo2k's Gamercard
Yeah, I'd say colour code if you can be bothered. It was pretty much my own fault I missed it, I usually read a bit ahead in the guide, and I think I skimmed over it, that and I was using my iPod sitting on my lap as I was playing haha.

Also, you could probably turn this into a full 1000/1000 in one play through guide. Playing on Legend was a breeze, and I didn't spend a single Aspect until midway in Kythra, saved then just pumped them all into Apollo POP, load save point again, all onto Hermes, POP, reload, etc etc. MAY be worth including? I had a few aspects left over, but none of the battles before then proved any problem whatsoever, so it'd be a good place to spend the aspects, since fighting Phaedon was a walk in the park after spending the aspects and carrying on
009/009 - Win8 .o. 003/003 - iOS/Web/Andriod

100,003g: 21/05/09 .o. 125,000g: 04/12/09 .o. 150,000g: 22/07/10
175,000g: 22/01/11 .o. 200,000g: 22/07/11 .o. 225,000g: 26/03/12
250,000g: 27/11/12 .o. 275,000g: 01/03/13 .o. 300,000g: 10/08/13

10,000th achievement: Master 50G, in Skyrim:

*Fuck you AC:IV. Legendary Ships didn't pop.
Gizmo2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:53 PM   #62
Ben 1262

Ben 1262's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo2k View Post
Yeah, I'd say colour code if you can be bothered. It was pretty much my own fault I missed it, I usually read a bit ahead in the guide, and I think I skimmed over it, that and I was using my iPod sitting on my lap as I was playing haha.

Also, you could probably turn this into a full 1000/1000 in one play through guide. Playing on Legend was a breeze, and I didn't spend a single Aspect until midway in Kythra, saved then just pumped them all into Apollo POP, load save point again, all onto Hermes, POP, reload, etc etc. MAY be worth including? I had a few aspects left over, but none of the battles before then proved any problem whatsoever, so it'd be a good place to spend the aspects, since fighting Phaedon was a walk in the park after spending the aspects and carrying on
The colour coding and your suggestion to add the possiblity of the full 1000 in one play sounds good. I will start on it this weekend. Thanks for your input it will make the guide better and easier for future users. I hope that you get your last achievement for this game soon.
Ben 1262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:01 PM   #63
Method

Method x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   x360a Representer   Road Map - Emerald   PAX Meet 2010   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Ben, first of all great job with this walkthrough. It was incredibly useful. I thank you for all the effort you must of had to put into it. Second, I just finished the road map today and in it I linked this thread and told people to follow it. I did however, say in the road map that if my advice differed from yours, to go with mine. Don't be offended . If after the road map is activated you want to change the walkthrough using advice within it feel free. With this walkthrough and the tips I put in the road map I got 1000 in a single playthrough easily.

Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 07:23 PM   #64
GS JuNk3E

GS JuNk3E's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Hey Ben,

Thanks so much for the guide, it really helped me through my first playthrough; unfortunately Corona didn't unlock for me because for some reason the "find all shrines and altars" deed didn't trigger for me. I don't understand what happened, I'm 99.9% sure that I followed your guide to the letter. I was wondering, as I start my second and hopefully last playthrough, do I need to buy an aspect at every shrine or do I simply press "A" to trigger the shrine and move on? Because in my first playthrough, I only bought aspects through the pause menu while I was on Iolcus - Finale. Perhaps the color-coding idea would help point out where each shrine and altar are or maybe you could just make a list so that the players can check each one off as they trigger them. Again, thanks for all the help.
GS JuNk3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 07:50 PM   #65
Method

Method x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   x360a Representer   Road Map - Emerald   PAX Meet 2010   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS JuNk3E View Post
Thanks so much for the guide, it really helped me through my first playthrough; unfortunately Corona didn't unlock for me because for some reason the "find all shrines and altars" deed didn't trigger for me. I don't understand what happened, I'm 99.9% sure that I followed your guide to the letter. I was wondering, as I start my second and hopefully last playthrough, do I need to buy an aspect at every shrine or do I simply press "A" to trigger the shrine and move on? Because in my first playthrough, I only bought aspects through the pause menu while I was on Iolcus - Finale.
You only have to activate the shrines with the A button. No deeds need to be dedicated and no aspects need to be purchased to get credit. I'm sure you accidently missed one while you were playing.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:32 PM   #66
GS JuNk3E

GS JuNk3E's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Method View Post
You only have to activate the shrines with the A button. No deeds need to be dedicated and no aspects need to be purchased to get credit. I'm sure you accidently missed one while you were playing.
Cool, thanks for the info. Here I go again... I still think it would be nice to have a list of how many shrines and altars are in each region, but I appreciate all the efforts you guys have already made to help everyone else.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:45 AM   #67
GS JuNk3E

GS JuNk3E's Gamercard

Shrine and Altar list

Okay, so I decided to throw together a quick list of shrines and altars; Ben, Method, let me know if I missed anything or if my directions are wrong. I just copied and pasted Ben's wording for most of this but some of them sounded weird out of context so I worded them as best I could.

Iolcus:
Alceme altar - when the player regains control after the cutscene where Jason lays her down
Alceme shrine - in the courtyard near Pathras
Guard’s shrine - exit north and go left from Elpis
Patron God’s shrine - aboard the Argo after the tour
Alceme shrine - aboard the Argo after the tour

Delphi:
Apollo shrine - go right after speaking with the Oracle

Mycenae:
Lycomedes shrine 1 - on the right side after cutscene with Ionians
Athena shrine - keep going to the right after Lycomedes shrine 1
Hermes shrine - turn right and head up the path after speaking with Khufu
Apollo shrine - behind Zosime, to the right
Lycomedes shrine 2 - continue up the path and through some gates after speaking with Zosime
Lycomedes shrine 3 - continue up the path from Lycomedes shrine 2
Lycomedes shrine 4 - turn right from Herm 2 and follow the path upstairs
Lycomedes shrine 5 - on the way back from Lycomedes shrine 4 go past Demogenes and follow the left path, go straight, right, straight, the statue is on the right side
Ares shrine - facing Lycomedes shrine 5, turn around, go straight, right, straight, right
Alceme shrine - go through the Agora Gate near Demogenes and continue past the next gate, look to the left
Apollo shrine - in the arena prison cells area, in the “medical room” where Asclepius is
Ares shrine - in the arena prison cells area, left of the guard near Daedalus

Saria:
Hermes shrine - on the back wall of Lykas’ hut
Hermes shrine - go right from the waterfall and continue up the path

Kythra:
Athena shrine - on the left when you enter the village, after the cutscene
Athena shrine - behind you after speaking with Iona
Athena shrine - in front of you after the cutscene with Strixa in Athena’s temple
Old 02-18-2009, 04:30 PM   #68
Exodist

Exodist's Gamercard
Damn... I did one playthrough of the game (my first ever) and only missed the Corona achievement... anyone got any ideas why? The only thing I can think of is because the Libra constelation, despite having the achievement, wasn't complete (unlike every other constelation it wasn't lit up), with the only deed missing being "Witness the crimes of Medusa" or something very similar to that.

If I start a new game, skip everything and go straight to Kythra, and meet the requirements for that single deed there, will I get the achievement? Don't really wanna do another full playthrough, especially with getting all the deeds and constelations done or not. If I can't, then I'll just not bother and leave it at 900, but 1000 would be great. Anyone know if that will work?
Exodist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:55 PM   #69
GS JuNk3E

GS JuNk3E's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodist View Post
Damn... I did one playthrough of the game (my first ever) and only missed the Corona achievement... anyone got any ideas why? The only thing I can think of is because the Libra constelation, despite having the achievement, wasn't complete (unlike every other constelation it wasn't lit up), with the only deed missing being "Witness the crimes of Medusa" or something very similar to that.

If I start a new game, skip everything and go straight to Kythra, and meet the requirements for that single deed there, will I get the achievement? Don't really wanna do another full playthrough, especially with getting all the deeds and constelations done or not. If I can't, then I'll just not bother and leave it at 900, but 1000 would be great. Anyone know if that will work?
I'm pretty sure you're going to have to do another almost complete playthrough because Corona won't be complete until you do the following:
- Kill one of every foe
- Collect every piece of equipment (excluding The Golden Fleece)
- Find every altar and shrine
- Read every Herm
- Acquire all 25 of ONE god's aspects
- Complete every (other) constellation
- Finish all deeds in the constellation "Parthenos, Spear of Virtue"
- Finish all deeds in the constellation "Helios, Searing Brilliance"
- Finish all deeds in the constellation "Zephyrus, Wind Shear"
- Finish all deeds in the constellation "Deimos, Fist of Ares"
* For the Weapon constellations, it's only possible to max out two gods in one playthrough, there simply aren't enough dialog choices or deeds in the game to max them all out. You can still light up and "complete" all four however, by completing the top four deeds in each one.
- Learn the ways of your four patron gods from Lycomedes (Ares), Pan (Apollo), Lykas (Hermes), and Medusa/Perseus (Athena).
Old 02-18-2009, 07:11 PM   #70
Exodist

Exodist's Gamercard
Damn... I might try it just in case, but if not, screw it, cba to go through the whole game again. 900GS ain't bad though.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:11 PM   #71
prosmits

SMI75's Gamercard
Great guide, i started this game today and have so far had no problems. I think i'll probably have to start a second playthrough to get the full 1000 but i hope not. If its just some of the combat achievements i need, i'll do them but if i'm left needing to dot he whole game again. Probably wont bother.

prosmits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:33 PM   #72
Ben 1262

Ben 1262's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Method View Post
Ben, first of all great job with this walkthrough. It was incredibly useful. I thank you for all the effort you must of had to put into it. Second, I just finished the road map today and in it I linked this thread and told people to follow it. I did however, say in the road map that if my advice differed from yours, to go with mine. Don't be offended . If after the road map is activated you want to change the walkthrough using advice within it feel free. With this walkthrough and the tips I put in the road map I got 1000 in a single playthrough easily.
Thanks, I wrote the guide in the last two days that I had the game. (Before I had to return it). Having a road map to get the thousand in one game is awesome, and would be a more than welcome addition. Thanks for taking the time to do one.

Sorry for the delay in answering, had to go away for a week.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:44 PM   #73
Ben 1262

Ben 1262's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosmits View Post
Great guide, i started this game today and have so far had no problems. I think i'll probably have to start a second playthrough to get the full 1000 but i hope not. If its just some of the combat achievements i need, i'll do them but if i'm left needing to dot he whole game again. Probably wont bother.
If you use Method's road map and the guide you can get the full 1000 GS in one playthrough. Here's the link to the road map http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...gonauts/guide/

I hope that you go for the full 1000 GS, it shouldn't give you too much trouble. Happy gaming.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:54 PM   #74
Ben 1262

Ben 1262's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodist View Post

I have to agree with GS JuNk3E, I believe you'll have to do another playthrough to get the Corona achievement. I hope that you get your 1000 GS for this game.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:30 AM   #75
Exodist

Exodist's Gamercard
Damn. Im probably gonna sell the game now, but perhaps next year I'll rent the game and finish off that last achievement when I can be bothered to go through the whole game again. Thanks for the guide though, helped me get 900G and thats not bad at all.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:36 PM   #76
Akolite

AkoliteZA's Gamercard
Great guide mate, Just wanted to ask if there are any more beasts after Saria? I have 58 beast kills at the end of Saria and dont want to continue if I'm not gonna find any more beasts.
Akolite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:52 AM   #77
Ben 1262

Ben 1262's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akolite View Post
Great guide mate, Just wanted to ask if there are any more beasts after Saria? I have 58 beast kills at the end of Saria and dont want to continue if I'm not gonna find any more beasts.
Have you been to Mycenae already? If so, then you cannot make the count for beast kills. Sorry man.

Reload your save (if you have one) and try Saria again.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:39 AM   #78
FOXHOUND MGS4

Send a message via MSN to FOXHOUND MGS4

FOXHOUND MGS4's Gamercard
Great guide, thanks, it really helped me out on the fight against Hermes (LT to block then X) Well done!!
Old 03-17-2009, 07:01 PM   #79
Samcd1993

Hey just got this game, but im struggling with the severance package achievment i press RT + X with my sword, but it slices the body in half not the head please help me
Samcd1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:44 PM   #80
Ben 1262

Ben 1262's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samcd1993 View Post
Hey just got this game, but im struggling with the severance package achievment i press RT + X with my sword, but it slices the body in half not the head please help me
I had much better luck with the spear and shield, thrust with Y and immediately press A. Off with his head.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:54 PM   #81
Sard of KC

Sard of KC's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben 1262 View Post
I had much better luck with the spear and shield, thrust with Y and immediately press A. Off with his head.
First of all, I would like to thank Ben for his awesome guide!

Second, is there a way to track the severance package achievement to know how many decapitations I have left to get?
Sard of KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:09 PM   #82
Drunk Brunk

Drunk Brunk's Gamercard
No achievment for me... shrines of course like many other people... I can't be arsed now...
Drunk Brunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:57 PM   #83
Mattism

Mattism's Gamercard
Just wanted to point out that if you die fighting Medusa and restart outside the area and go back in you will want to make sure that the Libra constilation is complete.

I died and had a complete Libra constilation. But when I restared at the check point it did not reup the Libra constilation. I did not relieze this till the end of the game. So save before you go to fight Medusa and hopefully you wont have this issue.
Mattism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:05 AM   #84
Subion

Subion's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Do you have to have 60 beast killed by the end of the the saria? or is there another place to pick up a couple?

I am three short. I had 16 kills in the arena and then went to Saria. My partners only killed one or two beast and I killed the rest but I am still 3 short. I did notice the ones I killed that were helping blacktunges didn't add to my count only the ones by them self did.
Blacksite Area 51 (anything but CTF)
Gauntlet

100,000 GS 12/31/09
200,000 GS 05/29/12
Subion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:49 PM   #85
Method

Method x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subion View Post
Do you have to have 60 beast killed by the end of the the saria? or is there another place to pick up a couple?

I am three short. I had 16 kills in the arena and then went to Saria. My partners only killed one or two beast and I killed the rest but I am still 3 short. I did notice the ones I killed that were helping blacktunges didn't add to my count only the ones by them self did.
You must have 60 after leaving Saria otherwise you're screwed. I'm not sure if you're using it, but the road map has answers to all the questions you've been asking lately. It's found here:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...gonauts/guide/

Old 04-01-2009, 03:16 AM   #86
The Clutch Hand

xX Gambit69 Xx's Gamercard
Did anybody experience this while playing this game. I'm not even that far in the game but right in the begining where you spar and work on your sheild bursts I got my 60 breaks and spoke to a couple people saved and quit. When I got back in game and reloaded my speeches with the people started over meaning they weren't repeating and my sheild breaks didn't count even though after i did it the first time i saved. Does this mean i gotta get the 1,000 while playing without turning off my console and i can't save?>????????????

Thanks to >AzureRevolver< for the awesome sig!!!
The Clutch Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:33 PM   #87
QBalu

QBalu's Gamercard
I missed shrines ( I don't believe in this...), will suffice that I will tour all shrines and altars again in the new game?
QBalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:55 PM   #88
gatica

Thumbs up

yh really good guide i was gutted i did it on ledgendary nearly gt all the G but i missed a shrine and now have to do it again

good guide tho
gatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:04 PM   #89
gatica

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodswan View Post
A good guide especially if it is your first attempt. I have yet to get the Corona constellation achievement mainly due to the fact that I can't seem to complete Parthenos because of the dialogue deed seems glitched in my game.

I think to complete Corvus you must defeat Nessus a second time in Tartarus.

Also I think it is possible to complete Draco without destroying the pods. I usually only manage to break 3 or 4 but still complete the constellation.
hey if u go to agrios in seria ( when u try to get him to cut down callis) u can actually get all the diolog deeds in 1 talk it just takes time and do ares last
gatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:52 PM   #90
x IUHoosierFan

Send a message via AIM to x IUHoosierFan

Arney l WSU's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
After finishing up a game, do the previous stats/constellations carry over from a new game? I need two more achievements - Crown of Mastery and the Peerless Warrior, somehow only ended up with 97/100 soldiers killed. I also missed a shrine somehow. So, I was just wondering, if possible - how do I carry the stats over? If possible.
x IUHoosierFan is offline   Reply With Quote