PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Rise of the Argonauts
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-07-2009, 01:52 AM   #91
yamiseth

yamiseth's Gamercard
Okay so I missed the first mace upgrade, just noticed it half way through. Is it possible that if I get it on a new run through after I finish it, that it will count as all weapon upgrades?
yamiseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:05 AM   #92
stevieboy65

Stevieboy65's Gamercard
I'm having trouble getting the "just ruler" deed on Iolcus which means I cant complete ARA. Any suggestions?
stevieboy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:42 AM   #93
nikolai420

nikolai420's Gamercard
ok i have a few questions ... so im just entering tarterous and i FINALLY get the corona borealis crown constellation to show up in my menu and i notice that i missed a shrine/statue(unless their is another after delphi, but i thought i read the last one was in athenas palace)....i also have parthenos constellation lit up, but it's not listed as completed under corona borealis....so my questions are...
1.)will my constellations (including partially completed ones) transfer over to my next playthrough?.....2)do i even need all parts of corona to complete it?(because i read somethiing about needing only the first 4)
and 3.do bosses count as "types of foes" and do i need to land the final blow for them to be counted towards this (for crown)

thanks in advance to anyone who can help me
nikolai420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:27 PM   #94
GS JuNk3E

GS JuNk3E's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai420 View Post
ok i have a few questions ... so im just entering tarterous and i FINALLY get the corona borealis crown constellation to show up in my menu and i notice that i missed a shrine/statue(unless their is another after delphi, but i thought i read the last one was in athenas palace)....i also have parthenos constellation lit up, but it's not listed as completed under corona borealis....so my questions are...
1.)will my constellations (including partially completed ones) transfer over to my next playthrough?.....2)do i even need all parts of corona to complete it?(because i read somethiing about needing only the first 4)
and 3.do bosses count as "types of foes" and do i need to land the final blow for them to be counted towards this (for crown)

thanks in advance to anyone who can help me
Ok so, a constellation will light up if you've completed the first four deeds on their list, but for Corona, you need to actually complete the entire list of ONE of the God's, not all four - that would be impossible. Even with careful management of deeds I was still only able to max out two gods and part of a third. The "complete the top four deeds to light up the constellation" comment doesn't apply to certain constellations, namely Corona, Eridanus and I believe Argo Navis as well; those require you to complete most, if not all, of their deeds to light up and unlock their respective achievements. As for bosses counting towards "types of foes" I don't think so, because I unlocked Corona on the beach of Iolcus during the second visit which is before fighting the final boss. Also, for anyone having trouble with Corona due to missed shrines/altars like what happened to me on my first playthrough, try doing what I did for my second playthrough which was: after leaving Iolcus go to Saria, Kythra and lastly Mycenae. The reason being that both Saria and Kythra are light on shrines/altars and therefore easier to keep track of and by the time you get to Mycenae, just follow the guide or the "quick list" I put together on page 3 of this thread and you should unlock the deed at the last shrine listed in Mycenae. As far as people losing progress or having to re-do certain deeds because they thought they saved; don't be fooled into thinking that the game will save your progress exactly when you manually save. If you complete something and don't want to have to do it again, make sure you go somewhere where you know you'll trigger a "checkpoint save", that's the only way to save your progress mid-game. I hope this clarifies some things for people and good luck to everyone. Happy achievement hunting.

Last edited by GS JuNk3E; 05-20-2009 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Correction.
GS JuNk3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:28 PM   #95
Scable Logo

Scable Logo's Gamercard

I wish you could back travel in this game, would make getting all the shrines so much easier. I apparently also missed a shrine on my 2nd playthrough despite following your excellent guide, so now I have to play through it again to get that last achievement.

EDIT: found out it was the Athena shrine on Mycenae I was missing. It's the easiest one to miss as it's behind to the right of the statue, but in the water, so easy to miss if you're not looking for it. There's a path behind the statue you need to take to get to the shrine.

EDIT 2: This game hates me, go through it yet again, get all the shrines this time, but somehow I don't have the "kill one of every foe" part of the crown by the time I'm back at iolcus so looks like I'm screwed yet again. sigh.

EDIT 3: Loaded up my last save game on board the argo before going to Iolcus today and lo and behold I had the "slew one of every foe" completed on that save, which is a bit odd as it was the same save that didn't have it last night. Bizarre, but 1k'ed now so I'm happy.

Last edited by Scable Logo; 05-29-2009 at 02:12 PM.
Scable Logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:42 PM   #96
ADenton109

ADenton109's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Thank you for the guild got full 1000 after my 3rd play through the 100 solider kills was hard but found a way of getting it.

Most Recent: Tomb Raider [1000]
ADenton109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:18 AM   #97
Quazzy2274

Quazzy2274's Gamercard
Reviving Argonauts

Ok, I am having much trouble getting revivals. My fellow argonauts just won't die. Any advice? Can you play a second time without losing constellation progress?

Last edited by Quazzy2274; 06-24-2009 at 03:42 PM. Reason: another question
Quazzy2274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:04 PM   #98
Quazzy2274

Quazzy2274's Gamercard
Nevermind, I got it.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:08 AM   #99
waltman

Waltman NZ's Gamercard
Just wondering if you have to buy anthing at the Altars/Shrines to get the star?
Old 06-26-2009, 03:33 AM   #100
Quazzy2274

Quazzy2274's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltman View Post
Just wondering if you have to buy anthing at the Altars/Shrines to get the star?
No, you don't, all you have to do is access it with the A button. I just got Crown of Mastery yesterday. Only achievement left for me is to get Ares maxed out, looks like I am going for another play-through.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:03 PM   #101
Gaist

Send a message via AIM to Gaist

Gaist Heidegger's Gamercard
I just wanted to post and say that this guide was great, and with a bit of deed wrangling and reloading I was able to get all 1000/1000 in a single play-through using this. Thanks for your work on this guide!
Gaist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:01 PM   #102
Kruz

Kapt Kruz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I seemed to have missed a part of Libra, i think its the third part about medusa's crimes. any additional info u can give me?
Old 08-06-2009, 08:44 PM   #103
grasn

Hey, first thanks for this great guide. It helped me a lot to get some missed achievements. After my first playthrough, I followed your guide in my second playthrough but for some reason I didn't get my "Corona" achievement.

Here is a list of my game, maybe can you tell me what did I wrong?

First I think this is the reason why I didn't get the achievement, I missed one from PARTHENOS, SPEAR OF VIRTUE: During your journey you will meet many companions. Learn from them.

I didn't get the achievement for PARTHEMOS thats why I think.
I Also found a hint that you need to speak everytime with every character on the ares, and select the 4th option all the time, until it is not available anymore is this right? (I did not for medusa).

And second, every constelations looks like its completed (white).

I have maxed out Athena and Apollo aspects complete.
I don't have maxed out Ares and Hermes.

I have THE TOP 4 DEEDS FOR DEIMOS, FIST OF ARES & ZEPHYRUS, WIND SHEAR.

[complete] PYGMALION, VOICE OF APOLLO
[complete] HELIOS, SEARING BRILLIANCE
[complete] URSA MAJOR, GREAT BEAR
[complete] LEO, SAVAGE LION
[complete] CORVUS, EYES OF HECATE
[complete] AURIGA, WILL OF ARES
[complete] CEPHEUS, EXALTED KING
[complete] ARA, CONDUIT OF THE GODS
[complete] ERIDANUS, RIVER STYX
[complete] LIBRA, SCALES OF JUSTICE
[complete] AQUARIUS, PERLESS WARRIOR
[complete] CENTAURUS, HONORED ALEPH
[complete] LUPUS, FEROCIOUS WOLF
[complete] SAGITTARIUS, VISION OF HERMES

[missing] ARGO NAVIS, THE ARGO > "Assemble the crew of the Argo"

[missing] DEIMOS, FIRST OF ARES > "Reach the final tier of Are's Favor" > "Stun 35 enemies with mace attack" > "Acquire all 25 ares aspects"

[missing] DRACO, CONDEMNED DRAGON > "Destroy 15 birthing pods" > "Destroy 7 birthing pods"

[missing] VIRGO, WISDOM OF ATHENA > The 3 empty spots you allready told

[missing] ZEPHYRUS, WIND SHEAR > "Lecerate 35 enemies with sword attacks" > "Acquire all 25 of hermes aspects" > "Reach the final tier of herme's favor"

if you could give me a hint I would be pleased.

greetings!

Last edited by grasn; 08-06-2009 at 08:56 PM.
grasn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:21 AM   #104
mksystem74

mksystem74's Gamercard

Thanks for this awesome guide. I managed to get 900/1000 using it, something happened during the game and I wasn't able to get all the shrines. Don't know what happened. Oh well, I'll play this game again one day and then see if I can get the crown
mksystem74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:12 PM   #105
mortalsb

mortalll's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasn View Post
Hey, first thanks for this great guide. It helped me a lot to get some missed achievements. After my first playthrough, I followed your guide in my second playthrough but for some reason I didn't get my "Corona" achievement.

Here is a list of my game, maybe can you tell me what did I wrong?

First I think this is the reason why I didn't get the achievement, I missed one from PARTHENOS, SPEAR OF VIRTUE: During your journey you will meet many companions. Learn from them.

I didn't get the achievement for PARTHEMOS thats why I think.
I Also found a hint that you need to speak everytime with every character on the ares, and select the 4th option all the time, until it is not available anymore is this right? (I did not for medusa).

And second, every constelations looks like its completed (white).

I have maxed out Athena and Apollo aspects complete.
I don't have maxed out Ares and Hermes.

I have THE TOP 4 DEEDS FOR DEIMOS, FIST OF ARES & ZEPHYRUS, WIND SHEAR.

[complete] PYGMALION, VOICE OF APOLLO
[complete] HELIOS, SEARING BRILLIANCE
[complete] URSA MAJOR, GREAT BEAR
[complete] LEO, SAVAGE LION
[complete] CORVUS, EYES OF HECATE
[complete] AURIGA, WILL OF ARES
[complete] CEPHEUS, EXALTED KING
[complete] ARA, CONDUIT OF THE GODS
[complete] ERIDANUS, RIVER STYX
[complete] LIBRA, SCALES OF JUSTICE
[complete] AQUARIUS, PERLESS WARRIOR
[complete] CENTAURUS, HONORED ALEPH
[complete] LUPUS, FEROCIOUS WOLF
[complete] SAGITTARIUS, VISION OF HERMES

[missing] ARGO NAVIS, THE ARGO > "Assemble the crew of the Argo"

[missing] DEIMOS, FIRST OF ARES > "Reach the final tier of Are's Favor" > "Stun 35 enemies with mace attack" > "Acquire all 25 ares aspects"

[missing] DRACO, CONDEMNED DRAGON > "Destroy 15 birthing pods" > "Destroy 7 birthing pods"

[missing] VIRGO, WISDOM OF ATHENA > The 3 empty spots you allready told

[missing] ZEPHYRUS, WIND SHEAR > "Lecerate 35 enemies with sword attacks" > "Acquire all 25 of hermes aspects" > "Reach the final tier of herme's favor"

if you could give me a hint I would be pleased.

greetings!
exactly the same here. when ben says that the corona achievement popped up when he completed the bear, i completed helios. but no corona. i have everything like you said (all constelations look completed) and corona still says that i haven't done all of them. hmm.
mortalsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:23 AM   #106
Gheedorah

TheSpaceMonster's Gamercard
Using this guide and the tips in the roadmap I was able to get all points unlocked in one playthrough. Thanks for the great walkthrough it was very easy to follow.

Gheedorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:35 PM   #107
Schreckofant

Schreckofant's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide. Unfortunately I also missed one fuckin shrine, pretty pissed right now. .

Last edited by Schreckofant; 09-19-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Schreckofant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:57 PM   #108
SR x FUZiON

UGM Assassin's Gamercard
have i messed up? im on iolcus finale right at the startand need 27 more soldier kills... is it possible? the most i got is 96/100.

Started on 21/08/2011

SR x FUZiON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 05:03 AM   #109
jules the great

Send a message via AIM to jules the great

OldSchoolJules's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
thanx for the walkthrough ben, went thru it but i started getting impatient at the end for corona so i ended up not getting it, ok though, now i can start modern warfare 2! thanx again!
Old 11-28-2009, 04:30 PM   #110
savofkamigawa

shrines

I pressed A at every god damn shrine and at the end corona didn't pop up with all else complete, are you missing any of the shrines in your guide or do i need to do something else at them
savofkamigawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:11 PM   #111
iGotFudge

Send a message via MSN to iGotFudge

iGotFudge's Gamercard
Great guide, worked like a charm. However I suggest that people play through this game once before using the guide, makes it a lot easier.
iGotFudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 05:51 PM   #112
Grummy

Grumftheld's Gamercard
Bloddy arsehole bastard shrines. I KNOW I have got them all, but its not popped. Gah. I'm hoping they'll turn up late. The achievement for 10 God powers didn't churn out until I'd used 13 of them, so I'm hoping the shrines will just decide to be counted at some point. I don't mind running thorugh it again if needs be, but I'd rather not.

http://www.360voice.com/tag/Grumftheld

My First Guide!! Way of the Samurai 3
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...ai-3-us/guide/
If you have any questions, please pm me on here then send me a message on Live to let me know its here and I'll get to it asap.
Grummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:38 AM   #113
Numbthumb

Nristen's Gamercard
This was a great guide in terms of walk-through to achieve. Got everything in one play through, cept LEGEND cause I forgot to change difficulty.

But kudo's man.
Numbthumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 05:53 PM   #114
Trenchcoatogre

TheMongooseGuru's Gamercard
This guide was very helpful i hope to finish it up and get 1000 thanks alot dude
Trenchcoatogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 03:48 PM   #115
daishichi

Daishichi's Gamercard

Agreed on the shrines, I followed the walkthrough very carefully so I can only assume the weird save system screwed me. Must have failed to proceed to a checkpoint after hitting a shrine and the next load erased that progress...?

Very strangley, my Corona Borealis constellation also does not show me having completed Parthenos, Helios, Deimos & Wind Shear...all of which are lit up. They are still missing a deed or two each, which were not required for completion...but they are for Corona? That can't be possible, since you can't get all 25 x 4 aspects in one game.

Whatever, 900 pts is cool by me on a game I found enjoyable.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:08 PM   #116
Rainith

Rainith's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Over Achiever - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daishichi View Post
Very strangley, my Corona Borealis constellation also does not show me having completed Parthenos, Helios, Deimos & Wind Shear...all of which are lit up. They are still missing a deed or two each, which were not required for completion...but they are for Corona? That can't be possible, since you can't get all 25 x 4 aspects in one game.
You don't have to complete all four of them, but you do have to complete at least one of them.

Gamerscore as of 5/18/11: 77777 :-)
Rainith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:55 PM   #117
daishichi

Daishichi's Gamercard

Hmm, in that case, does the Hecate shrine you smash towards the end count as an altar/shrine? I don't think that deed popped for me when I got to it, so probably not. But if so, I could go back to a Tartarus save and max out Hermes, who only has "max favor" and "25 aspects" undone.

No, wait, the one god I did max was Athena, and I'm pretty sure that though I started Iolcus finale without 35 critical hits, I got them by the end. Still no Corona. Musta missed a damn shrine, who knows where.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:02 AM   #118
Rainith

Rainith's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Over Achiever - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Sorry, I dunno about the shrines, I just know I followed this walkthrough very closely and made sure to only make a save file and quit the game after I saw a the auto-save icon pop up. Sorry to hear that you missed one and that cost you the achievement.

Gamerscore as of 5/18/11: 77777 :-)
Rainith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 03:17 PM   #119
daishichi

Daishichi's Gamercard

I learned to do that to, and it's worth stating clearly for those looking at this thread for advice: any manual save should be right after you see the shield pop up on the lower right ton indicate an auto-save checkpoint. Manually save just one step before that point, and a death or quit will set you back to the previous checkpoint, easily leading to a missed shrine.

I can also confirm that the Hecate Shrine in the Iolcus finale doesn't count, as the walkthrough seemed to indicate (by omission). I jumped on last night to double check, and had Warden of Apollo and Warden of Athena on my Corona constellation just before the final boss fight.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:17 PM   #120
Sloober

Sloober's Gamercard
1000/1000 Thank you very much for this guide.
Sloober is offline   Reply With Quote