PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Rock Band 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-20-2008, 03:27 AM   #1
ZeroTolerance

Trouble with Road Dog achievement

I have played a set in every venue, as the achievement description says. I was thinking that I have to play a setlist with multiple songs (that isn't a make a setlist maybe?) to get it. Can anyone fill me in if I am missing something?
ZeroTolerance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:57 AM   #2
maddmaxx46

SaDi5TiK's Gamercard
That's weird. You should double check and make sure you have at least a star in every venue. I've had plenty of venues with just a 5 star cuz of one song but when i finshed my final venue it unlocked so idk. Not trying to patronize you but every venue doesn't mean every city it is every place you can possibly play at.
maddmaxx46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:59 AM   #3
ZeroTolerance

yep, went through all of them. Double checked and all. I'll go through and play multi song setlists and see if it does anything.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:22 AM   #4
SebastianSB

SebastianSB's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Are you sure you're not confusing "venue" and "City"? We've had a few people who turned out to have only played one gig per city. Also, make sure you've unlocked all the cities in the game to begin with (I.E. you have access to The Endless Setlist 2).

RBN Weekly Updates: http://www.trueachievements.com/lead...erboardid=1576
Attack of the Blog! http://sebspot.wordpress.com/
SebastianSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:16 AM   #5
ZeroTolerance

Yep, I'm aware of the possible confusion between city and venue. I have gone to every single venue and have stars in them. I'm still working on playing multi song setlists to see if the game is picky like that. There are a few venues where I have only played single song setlists so I am just guessing and checking.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:15 AM   #6
maddmaxx46

SaDi5TiK's Gamercard
Did you unlock the world promoter? That will show every venue you can possibly play.
maddmaxx46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:19 AM   #7
Bl°°dwolf

Bloodwolf0013's Gamercard

You also need to make sure that you are signed in on the controller you are using for it to count. Last time this happened there was a guy who was playing on controller 2, but controller 1 was signed into his live account so he did not get credit for the venues played then.

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/YourScaryMother
Bl°°dwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:26 PM   #8
xCOBRAx

Send a message via AIM to xCOBRAx

CougarSlayer530's Gamercard

Alright stay with me because this might be a little confusing but here is pretty much the only plausible explanation at this point.

Did you work on your band while playing by yourself, but use multiple instruments? Additionally were those instruments connected at the same time as others. What i mean by this is at any point did you say turn on your box with your guitar (thus having your profile signed into the guitar controller) and plug in your drums at the same time? Did you then continue to start your tour just playing the guitar by yourself and then later switch to the drums without turning off the guitar? (now substitute any combination of instruments you may have used) If you did this RB2 works in a funny way as that it actually allows you to switch to another instrument and play the tour w/o signing in.

The problem with this is that it does not track what you are doing while playing that other instrument that is in the "Player 2" slot. Many people have had trouble with 100% ______ instrument achievements because of this. It sounds like this may have happened to you with your Road Dog ach. Only way to fix this really is to start a new band, that is unless you have a memory like a hawk.
xCOBRAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:46 PM   #9
ZeroTolerance

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCOBRAx View Post
Alright stay with me because this might be a little confusing but here is pretty much the only plausible explanation at this point.

Did you work on your band while playing by yourself, but use multiple instruments? Additionally were those instruments connected at the same time as others. What i mean by this is at any point did you say turn on your box with your guitar (thus having your profile signed into the guitar controller) and plug in your drums at the same time? Did you then continue to start your tour just playing the guitar by yourself and then later switch to the drums without turning off the guitar? (now substitute any combination of instruments you may have used) If you did this RB2 works in a funny way as that it actually allows you to switch to another instrument and play the tour w/o signing in.

The problem with this is that it does not track what you are doing while playing that other instrument that is in the "Player 2" slot. Many people have had trouble with 100% ______ instrument achievements because of this. It sounds like this may have happened to you with your Road Dog ach. Only way to fix this really is to start a new band, that is unless you have a memory like a hawk.
you may be on to something here, but I am fairly sure I didn't do this at any point. If I replay each venue, do you think I'd be able to get it?
Old 11-20-2008, 10:26 PM   #10
Bl°°dwolf

Yep. But you may want to make a list and check them off one at a time so you don't miss one.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:40 PM   #11
xCOBRAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroTolerance View Post
you may be on to something here, but I am fairly sure I didn't do this at any point. If I replay each venue, do you think I'd be able to get it?

of course, theres no reason why you wouldnt, however i would still reccomend making a new band, it will obviously be easier to track progress. plus you will always remember "oh, thats the band im playing _______ only...."
Old 11-28-2008, 07:46 AM   #12
ZeroTolerance

i am doing the new band thing. I'll update once I am nearly done.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:58 AM   #13
xCOBRAx

hit me up if ur ever bored and want someone to play with and shoot the shit, i play rock band pretty much every day
Old 11-30-2008, 03:13 AM   #14
Warden

grAyP's Gamercard
So I think I made a mistake with the controller assignments and missed my chance at this achievement as well. Instead of starting over, can I just play another song from a venue and the game will give me the achievement then?
Warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:37 AM   #15
TwistedFate

Bobo daMunkee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warden View Post
So I think I made a mistake with the controller assignments and missed my chance at this achievement as well. Instead of starting over, can I just play another song from a venue and the game will give me the achievement then?
If you remember which venue you are missing, that should work.

TwistedFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:48 AM   #16
Warden

grAyP's Gamercard
Unfortunately I don't. Guess it's back to the beginning.
Warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:40 PM   #17
ZeroTolerance

got it, although i nearly messed it up haha
Old 12-07-2008, 09:57 PM   #18
Mad World

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroTolerance View Post
got it, although i nearly messed it up haha
nice. how would you mess it up though? weren't you extra-careful this time?
Mad World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:59 AM   #19
FucUEse

FucUEse808's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCOBRAx View Post

Would this also stop the "Worldwide Sensation" from unlocking? Because I have every venue unlocked and I never got it... Well I'm assuming that I unlocked everything... but there is a city below Istanbul that doesn't have a name over it... Is that also another city? Oh well, frustrating... well not as frustrating as MKvs.DC Kombo Challenge... but still...
FucUEse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:21 AM   #20
Bl°°dwolf

That one is slightly misleading as you actually need to do the 5 song set to get the "World Promoter" to unlock it.

Old 12-11-2008, 11:56 PM   #21
ZeroTolerance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad World View Post
nice. how would you mess it up though? weren't you extra-careful this time?
I played a set as player 2, but caught myself doing it, and replayed in the venue as my gamertag
Old 12-13-2008, 06:19 AM   #22
FucUEse

FucUEse808's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl°°dwolf View Post
That one is slightly misleading as you actually need to do the 5 song set to get the "World Promoter" to unlock it.
Is the "World Promoter" a hired staff cause I've played a 5 song set "Grunge Marathon" and I have no World Promoter... can you fill me in on the details please...
Old 12-13-2008, 08:18 AM   #23
FucUEse

FucUEse808's Gamercard
Lol... ok WTF!?!?!?! I just got the Road Dog achievement... but no Worldwide Sensation... ahahaha... my game glitched huh?
Old 12-13-2008, 09:45 AM   #24
SebastianSB

SebastianSB's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FucUEse View Post
Lol... ok WTF!?!?!?! I just got the Road Dog achievement... but no Worldwide Sensation... ahahaha... my game glitched huh?
It's possible that you may have been playing on an instrument that wasn't properly signed on as your profile when you unlocked the world promoter.

RBN Weekly Updates: http://www.trueachievements.com/lead...erboardid=1576
Attack of the Blog! http://sebspot.wordpress.com/
SebastianSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:41 AM   #25
FucUEse

FucUEse808's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebastianSB View Post
It's possible that you may have been playing on an instrument that wasn't properly signed on as your profile when you unlocked the world promoter.
Yeah, a friend suggested I try it again and I just did to no avail... oh well... not interested in playing the whole thing all over again either... lol... thanks though for the suggestion...
Old 10-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #26
Smurfenstein619

Smurfenstein619's Gamercard
Not trying to spam an old topic but I'm having trouble with Road Dog too. I played part of the tour over Xbox Live with a friend and part of it locally with a friend. I only have a guitar so I know it's not a multiple instument issue. Would doing part of it co-op affect this one?
Old 06-27-2013, 10:24 PM   #27
TSantos013

TSantos013's Gamercard
yea i hear ya
TSantos013 is offline   Reply With Quote