PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Rock Band 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-31-2009, 09:41 AM   #181
JohnnyR74

AbsolutioN IX's Gamercard
I'm thinking of doing this for a 3rd time. I've had 1000g in RB2 for a while now, but I'm going to try and help my friend get his achievements.

1st attempt was on Hard drums as I wasn't very confident about Visions and Shoulder to the Plow on expert, but I got my bladder of steel and gold/vinyl achievements. 2nd attempt was on expert vocals; I passed everything 1st try except for Shackler's Revenge and Rob the Prez-o-dent, but completed both after 5 or so tries.

So now my friend is going to be on guitar, and I'll be on drums, both on expert. None of the later songs are a problem now, 94% on Visions, 97% on SttP, 99% on Battery. We won't be starting for maybe a couple of weeks, but I'll update at some point.

JohnnyR74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:37 PM   #182
SEBxRIDESxBMX

Send a message via AIM to SEBxRIDESxBMX

SEBxRIDESXBMX's Gamercard
I remember doing this in Jan, I stayed up all night and did it on Ex. Guitar, starting at around seven, I was going for BoS, but failed at visions, tried it a few more times, and realized I needed a break, left it on pause, slept, woke up, red rings.

Epic Fail
SEBxRIDESxBMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:26 PM   #183
LLC2003

LLC2003's Gamercard
I finished Endless Setlist 2 on Expert Drums last night.

Before I started I practised the final 8 songs to ensure I was not stuck after playing for 5 1/2 hours.

In total it took me around 8-hours as I had a break 1/2 way and also failed a couple of times on Visions / Panic Attack / Painkiller

On the weekend I will be getting up early and going through all 84 songs again (on Medium) for the Bladder of Steel achievement.

Currently on 975/1000
Old 08-25-2009, 03:52 AM   #184
garloof

IGIarloof's Gamercard
Can it be done by one instrument only?
garloof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:16 AM   #185
Mad World

Quote:
Originally Posted by garloof View Post
Can it be done by one instrument only?
I assume you're asking if it can be played solo, so yes.

If you're asking if it can only be played solo, then no. I wasn't sure based on your wording.
Mad World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:07 PM   #186
sl21wl22

sl21wl22's Gamercard
For anyone who thinks rock band is better than guitar hero they are wrong. I was starting to think i liked rock band until i did the endless setlist. I was on the 33rd song and my guitar turned off cause low batteries so I retried. What a bad idea after the 17th song i accidently hit the guide button. The ES 1 and 2 are the worst ideas. I could go through the whole thing on expert then on medium to get the BoS but how much of a no life do you have to be to have 14 hours of spare time to do both. I would rather have to hit all notes perfect in one part of raining blood then play 84 songs and get the same amount of gamerscore. Harmonix should either take away the ES or just not have as many songs. Or what they actually should do is make you play a minimum of 180 before even unlocking it. This game is realy easy but could they have the most time consuming stipulations?
sl21wl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:28 PM   #187
Mad World

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl21wl22 View Post
For anyone who thinks rock band is better than guitar hero they are wrong. I was starting to think i liked rock band until i did the endless setlist. I was on the 33rd song and my guitar turned off cause low batteries so I retried. What a bad idea after the 17th song i accidently hit the guide button.
You're blaming the entire Rock Band platform for not checking your battery level and for using your hand to press the Xbox Guide button? Fair.

Quote:
The ES 1 and 2 are the worst ideas. I could go through the whole thing on expert then on medium to get the BoS but how much of a no life do you have to be to have 14 hours of spare time to do both.
Clearly you had set aside 6-7 hours each time you began the ES2, or else you wouldn't have started at all... so good attempt there. And it's one thing to not actually have the time, but you clearly do, to come on an achievement website and complain.

Quote:
I would rather have to hit all notes perfect in one part of raining blood then play 84 songs and get the same amount of gamerscore. Harmonix should either take away the ES or just not have as many songs. Or what they actually should do is make you play a minimum of 180 before even unlocking it. This game is realy easy but could they have the most time consuming stipulations?
Completing the Endless Setlist and attaining the Bladder of Steel achievement are badges to show off that you are a good Rock Band player. If you can't do either of them, then don't blame the game.

84 songs is a lot, yes, but that's what makes it a challenge. In my mind, achievements should be a challenge - not something you can turn on your Xbox and instantly receive. If this is the type of gratification you demand, then try Avatar.

If you can't beat a challenge, don't bitch about it. Is that supposed to help? Instead, get better (or in your case, don't make stupid fucking mistakes and transfer the anger towards the innocent game) and practice until you can.

Anyways, I'm fairly certain that it takes the completion of at least 200 songs to unlock the Endless Setlist in the first place, but I'm not seeing where you're coming with that complaint anyways.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:33 PM   #188
TwistedFate

Bobo daMunkee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad World View Post
Anyways, I'm fairly certain that it takes the completion of at least 200 songs to unlock the Endless Setlist in the first place, but I'm not seeing where you're coming with that complaint anyways.
It takes a minimum of 180 songs. 900 stars / 5 stars per song = 180 songs. So he got the number but his complaint is still retarded since that is exactly what they make you do.

As for time consuming achievements, he's obviously never played Bejeweled, Lost Odyssey, Gears of War, Dead Or Alive 4, Ninja Gaiden 2, etc... ad nauseum that have LOOOOONG achievements in their list.

Oh, did some one say GH had better achivements? I'd say that Bling Bling beats Bladder of Steel for worst achievement in a music game.

But should we really expect greatness from someone who decides which game is better based on 1 Achievement?

Last edited by TwistedFate; 08-25-2009 at 08:36 PM.
TwistedFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:58 AM   #189
Mad World

You can use Breakneck Speed for the ES, right? I'm 99.9% sure you can, but I can't seem to remember.

I'm FINALLY making my Bladder of Steel run later this week or next, and I was going to play on medium guitar, to insure I don't fail, so I don't want to be bored out of my mind.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:59 AM   #190
bob150

bob150's Gamercard
Yeah I'm pretty sure you can use Break Neck Speed for Endless Setlist

bob150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:43 PM   #191
DarK1742

DarK1742's Gamercard
I just finished it an hour ago on hard drums...and i was SO CLOSE to getting BoS..but I failed at the END of panic attack (at 99%...)

gunna try to go for BoS maybe next weekend...

and then do the whole thing again on expert bass...after i get BoS...(a few weeks later)
DarK1742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:53 PM   #192
BetterSpuD

I'm nowhere near as good as most players on here, since I've only started playing Rock Band in the last few months, but I've just finished off the BoS on Medium Guitar.

Took me 6hrs 11mins total and I'd just like to dispel some of the myths that I've read on various sites...

1. There's no worries using a wireless guitar. Many people have said not to use wireless, cos your batteries will not last out. I put in a fresh set before I started and they still have about 75% life in them now.

2. Bathroom breaks. Dunno what the fuss is about here. I sat down with a cup of tea beside me at the start and didn't even consider getting up until I'd done. It's really not so hard to last 6 hours without breaks.

All I have to do now is continue practicing at Hard level until I feel confident enough and have the time to step up and do it again. I hope to be ready in a few weeks time. Expert/Platinum however may take me months, if not years to achieve.

I salute anyone that has managed to become a Platinum artist.
BetterSpuD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:20 PM   #193
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterSpuD View Post
I salute anyone that has managed to become a Platinum artist.
*Feels good inside* Hehe, I have a Platinum Bladder too.

I'm glad to see there aren't many threads about this anymore, and pretty much all discussion happens in here. There aren't many questions being asked though, so I guess we've answered pretty much everything there is to answer.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:16 AM   #194
N-Forced

NForced's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Just got done doing this and god damn my wrist was hurting at the end. I almost thought I was going to fail at least one of the songs at the end cause of it, but I managed to truck on through. Would of gotten the bladder of steel achievement with it but had to pause to take a potty break. Glad i'm finally a platinum artist now.

N-Forced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:02 AM   #195
achievementjockey

sh00tdabunny's Gamercard
Hardest song in this on guitar/bass is Chop Suey. Visions is easy compared to that.
achievementjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:58 PM   #196
DarkBlue62

iPinkMorph's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by achievementjockey View Post
Hardest song in this on guitar/bass is Chop Suey. Visions is easy compared to that.
I find Chop Suey ALOT easier than Visons. I only got the game a month ago but will Be going for Platinum Artist and BoS in one run on Expert Bass sometime this week. Just need to try visions a few times to make sure I can do it.

DarkBlue62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:34 AM   #197
TA Sasuke

Send a message via AIM to TA Sasuke Send a message via MSN to TA Sasuke

Einstein x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by achievementjockey View Post
Chop Suey is only hard if you can't alt strum + fret at the same time.
TA Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:37 AM   #198
Seamus McLimey

Seamus McLimey's Gamercard
Damn visions was the only song I failed trying to go for all 4 endless setlist achievements at once. Failed in the last 10% too which really stung.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:47 PM   #199
Addicted Azn

Send a message via AIM to Addicted Azn

Addicted Azn's Gamercard
Goin' for a 2fer...

Hey guys, great work getting those achievements.

I have a question:

If I recovered my account onto my friend's HDD and we both signed in and beat the ES2, do we both unlock the achievement?

^-^ Latest blogs ^-^ / ANIME EXPO 09: MORNING MUSUME/ADVENTURES IN L.A. 0&1 2 3 4

Over 40K - 11/5/09

Addicted Azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:12 PM   #200
DarkBlue62

iPinkMorph's Gamercard
I done this on Expert last night. Failed Shacklers revenge and Visions tho so never got BoS. Will do that on Wednesday.

DarkBlue62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:00 PM   #201
Falk3r

Falk3r's Gamercard
Question: I'm going to solo, Expert, BoS the ES:2 this weekend... so my assumption is Bass will be a cakewalk. True/False?
Falk3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:23 PM   #202
TwistedFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falk3r View Post
Question: I'm going to solo, Expert, BoS the ES:2 this weekend... so my assumption is Bass will be a cakewalk. True/False?
False. This thread is full of posts by folks who thought that and failed at the end.

Practice the last 5 songs to make sure you are ready for them. Also bear in mind that you will hit these songs after playing for nearly 6 hours non-stop. If you can barely pass them now, you will fail at the end of a BoS run.

Last edited by TwistedFate; 09-30-2009 at 03:26 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:21 PM   #203
WaitinToDrag

BoostedRadix's Gamercard
I'm sure this is a pretty stupid question...but I just wanna be sure. You don't have to be signed in to XBL do ya? I'm about to go for the it on Ex Vocals and I want to keep my internet connection on my computer in case I need anything.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:35 PM   #204
TwistedFate

No you don't. I do most of my playing offline.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:50 PM   #205
PerpetualHeaven

Send a message via MSN to PerpetualHeaven

Perpalicious's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Gold   x360a Book Club   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Achievement Guide - Gold   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFate View Post
False. This thread is full of posts by folks who thought that and failed at the end.

Practice the last 5 songs to make sure you are ready for them. Also bear in mind that you will hit these songs after playing for nearly 6 hours non-stop. If you can barely pass them now, you will fail at the end of a BoS run.
I wouldn't say it's false, but, rather, that it's subjective. The easiness is completely dependent on the player. Some people find expert drums easier than expert guitar, bass, and vocals. Expert bass easier than expert drums, guitar, and vocals. You get the idea.
Achievement Completion %: 97.04
Gamerscore: 68,482

"Don't hate, perpetuate!"
PerpetualHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:51 PM   #206
WaitinToDrag

BoostedRadix's Gamercard
Quote:
No you don't. I do most of my playing offline.
ty
Old 10-25-2009, 10:28 PM   #207
TwistedFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerpetualHeaven View Post
I wouldn't say it's false, but, rather, that it's subjective. The easiness is completely dependent on the player. Some people find expert drums easier than expert guitar, bass, and vocals. Expert bass easier than expert drums, guitar, and vocals. You get the idea.
It's not subjective at all, at least not in the way you mention. He doesn't ask what is easiest. He assumed that Bass was a cakewalk, and it isn't. I'm sure there are a few who blazed through on Bass and said it was easy, but the majority get tripped up at the end when they assume XBass is easy.

Saying Bass is easiest isn't what's false. It's his assumption that it's a cakewalk that is false. For most folks, it's not a cakewalk on Expert for any instrument, regardless of what your preferred weapon is.

Last edited by TwistedFate; 10-25-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:10 AM   #208
Morgutak

About the Bladder of Steel achievement - couldn't I just stay in the stats screen for some time after a song has been completed? Does it have a countdown timer during this set list? Sorry for the stupid question but I've never played RB2 before.

Quote:

How hard is Expert bass in RB2 compared to GH for example? I'm still missing the last 3 songs in GH World Tour on Expert bass for example but haven't had any problems with the songs in GH5 and Band Hero.
Morgutak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:18 AM   #209
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgutak View Post
About the Bladder of Steel achievement - couldn't I just stay in the stats screen for some time after a song has been completed? Does it have a countdown timer during this set list? Sorry for the stupid question but I've never played RB2 before.
No, there is a countdown to the next song, to prevent you from cheating the system.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 06:03 PM   #210
Morgutak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
No, there is a countdown to the next song, to prevent you from cheating the system.
Damn...ah well, will ask a friend to do it on Medium guitar. Shouldn't be a problem and doing it on Expert later on might be better.
Morgutak is offline   Reply With Quote