PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > American Wasteland
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-05-2009, 12:46 PM   #1
Chada Darkmane

Chada Darkmane's Gamercard
Tips and bitch session.

After seeing this game listed in the quick 1000 thread as a simple 900 GS i thought i would get it, but what i expected to be easy points soon turned into a 15+ hour nightmare and one of the most frustrating gaming experiences of my life. After battling through the career i eventually gave up at 850 as i didnt think my sanity could take anymore. I know this is mostly my fault as ive never played a skate boarding game and i made a few stupid mistake during the course of the game, but there are a few things i have discovered that i wish i had known at the start which would have made things a lot easier.

1. DO NOT turn on moon gravity until you need it. I had this on right from the start and found i was struggling in a few missions later on cause i keep over shooting the jumps. Took me a while to click that this was the problem.

2. If you are playing on easy you dont need to do all of the story missions to finish the game. I finished the story after only doing about 84 out of 94 missions. This will come in handy later in the game when you get up to the "recruit the pros" missions. Some of these are extremely hard so if your stuck on one just move on to the next.

3. When you have to do a trick for a mission and the button combo comes up in the right hand corner take it with a grain of salt. Sometimes they are very vague and dont include all the info. Sometime i found you had to hold buttons to get it to work, other times the button combo was around the wrong way, and sometimes a combo just wouldnt work the first 100 times i did it and then all of a sudden the trick would work properly. If stuff isnt working over and over and you are sure you are doing it properly take a step back and look at all possible angles. Most of the time i found it was just something simple that i wasnt aware i had to do that was the problem.

4. I know this is already in the guide but i just want to emphasis you dont have to do any of mindys high score challenges at the skate park. These stars looked pink to me so i did heaps of them before i realised they werent getting counted towards my mission total.

I also found a really good guide which helped a lot which the classic mode maps:

http://guides.gamepressure.com/tonyh...de.asp?ID=1223

Alright im done, just wanted to get that off my chest. I hope someone having problems with the game will find this helpful.

Thanks
Old 02-09-2009, 07:37 AM   #2
curtispan

curtpan's Gamercard
This game is indeed a frustrating one. I just completed it recently and it only took me a year or two. I got the game when it first came out and I got stuck in Beverly Hills because of that damn parkour mission. Drove me insane. I actually locked my game away and completely forgot about it. I recently found this site and was determined to up my gamerscore a bit, looking for games that I could get an easy 1000 on. I was scrolling through the list and I came upon American Wasteland. I remembered the hours and hours on that one mission, and the pain it caused me so I thought, why not? :P

Anyway, it was actually quite simple afterwards. I googled how to do those damn wallflips and finally was successful. There were a few more twists and turns after that but nothing as hard as the DAMN WALLFLIPS. Sorry.

I really don't recommend this game or any skating game unless you have a decent background of Tony Hawk games (Pro Skater 3, 4, Underground) and a crapload of patience.
curtispan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:32 PM   #3
Lord Chabelo

LordChabelo13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtispan View Post

I really don't recommend this game or any skating game unless you have a decent background of Tony Hawk games (Pro Skater 3, 4, Underground) and a crapload of patience.
I totally agree! I gave up on this game at around 180 GS. I still want to get to 900 GS eventually but I freaking hate this game.

I'll try some of the tips you guys posted.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:59 PM   #4
Booij

Send a message via MSN to Booij

A Lost Hope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Hmm.. not hard at all. Took me 3 days to 1k.

And I actually think every Tony Hawk is enjoyable, even THUG 2.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:55 AM   #5
Dragon's Heart

phoenixreborn07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
The 900 points was easy for me, I'm just getting p.o.'d about the completionist ach. I don't have the patience to go looking for all the stupid gaps!!
Dragon's Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:37 PM   #6
Actiionz

Admired's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Yeah same here.. but sooner or later i will work up the courage to get that final achievement
Old 05-19-2009, 01:14 AM   #7
bobmarley333

mikegotme1000gs's Gamercard
idk what you guys are talking about. i have never had any trouble with any of these games and i find them to b rly fun. i kno it is rediculous how u push 2 buttons and do an impossible trick but i dont rly care cuz its fun anyway! I dont have any of them on the xbox but i have every single game that has come out for ps2 and i still play them every once in a while

Retail Complete 36/40
1000/1000: 22
1250/1250: 7
1355/1355: 1
1490/1490: 1
1500/1500: 1
1750/1750: 3
98.3% completion as of 8/4/12
Working on NBA 2k12, Fifa 12, Gears 3
bobmarley333 is offline   Reply With Quote