Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-05-2011, 04:27 AM   #1
a loz3r

a 0 ub3rloz3r's Gamercard
Mario references in Xbox 360 games

as you all now Mario is a nintendo owned property. which is why i don't know why he is parodied in mutilple games on the xbox 360, like in eat lead, the simpsons game, and assassins creed 2. can someone explain to me how they can do this? if they get away with this than why is it so hard to bring the original Goldeneye to the xbox 360
a loz3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:38 AM   #2
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Nods or small parodies to a character doesn't mean they can bring an entire Nintendo/Movie Licensed product to Xbox.

Achievement Guides by litepink™
Angry Birds WP7 | Arkanoid Live! | Asteroids Deluxe WP7 | Darwinia+ | Doodle Jump | Guitar Hero 5 | Kinect Adventures | Kinect Sports: Season Two | Lego Harry Potter | Lunar Lander WP7 | MLB 2K10 | Otomedius G | Pac-Man CE DX WP7 | Rainbow Islands | Rock Band Metal Track Pack | Scott Pilgrim | Tecmo Bowl | Tiger ‘10 | Tiger ‘11
litepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:38 AM   #3
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - Second Place
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by a loz3r View Post
as you all now Mario is a nintendo owned property. which is why i don't know why he is parodied in mutilple games on the xbox 360, like in eat lead, the simpsons game, and assassins creed 2. can someone explain to me how they can do this? if they get away with this than why is it so hard to bring the original Goldeneye to the xbox 360
...It is nowhere near illegal to reference something that is why they can do it. As for why the original Goldeneye wont come to xbla....it is the property of Nintendo.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:38 AM   #4
DragonsGoMOO

dragonsgomoo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It's okay to make a parody of something, reference.

It's a legal thing. Nintendo owns it, trademark or copyright, whatever, but it's okay to take it and make it your version of it, just not the exact same crap.

DragonsGoMOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:50 AM   #5
A ZombieTwinkie

A ZombieTwinkie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
...It is nowhere near illegal to reference something that is why they can do it. As for why the original Goldeneye wont come to xbla....it is the property of Nintendo.

Yea, which is why the references aren't the exact same copy of Mario or whomever their parodying.

*Props to G A C K T for the awesome sig*

A ZombieTwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 05:06 AM   #6
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - Second Place
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A ZombieTwinkie View Post
Yea, which is why the references aren't the exact same copy of Mario or whomever their parodying.
Heh, not exactly on topic but your signature made me think of it....wouldn't it be just the best if they brought Chrono Trigger to xbla. That and Final Fantasy 6 and I would just be happy as hell.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:19 AM   #7
A ZombieTwinkie

A ZombieTwinkie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Heh, not exactly on topic but your signature made me think of it....wouldn't it be just the best if they brought Chrono Trigger to xbla. That and Final Fantasy 6 and I would just be happy as hell.
They brought Chrono Trigger and FF6 I think - or maybe 4, I don't know/care too much, haha - to the PSN. Or at least they were supposed to.

But yea, even though I have it for the SNES, I would love it if they brought it to XBLA.

*Props to G A C K T for the awesome sig*

A ZombieTwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote