PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-02-2009, 05:11 PM   #61
Steel Stealth

TranceX89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I just finished this game and I think this game was very easy compared to MW and WAW (Never played COD3). I never had serious problems with being stuck or something. I got the parts that were a bit harder with a few attemps.

There was only one annoying thing I encountered but that had nothing to do with de difficulty. At the last part of the last mission I did cleared all remaining enemies but it didn't complete the objective. I even reloaded the part but I still had the same problem. I went through the level again to check every part if there was another enemy but I cleared everything. Because of this problem I had to restart the whole mission.

Last edited by Steel Stealth; 10-02-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Steel Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 04:57 PM   #62
Dack124
Banned User

DAck124's Gamercard
I'd say that this is the hardest veteran run in all the Call of Duty games. There's not too many achievements, but most of them are the veterans. It's a fun game though. It needs lots of patience for a full 1000, so if you get frustrated by games then don't get it. However, if you're like me and think that challenging games are very fun then go ahead and get it. You can probably get a 1000 in it in about a week if you're dedicated to it.
Dack124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:32 AM   #63
mr gamerscore

Toxidermist's Gamercard
it's an easy 1000 if you like the cod series. i myself found it to be an easy 1000, but then again i played it on the computer for years before even owning a 360.
mr gamerscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:28 PM   #64
Fah Kin Yuova

Fah Kin Nutz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I didn't think that this was tooo hard, the only problem for me is that the checkpoints were spread too far apart unlike mw or waw. Really great shooter though
Fah Kin Yuova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:40 AM   #65
Master_D

Master Damian's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
In my opinion this COD2 Veteran was much more difficult than MW. I think mainly because of the man Vs. tank scenarios. Although many people who've played all 5 of them on my friends list tell me 3 was actually the hardest one. Seems really subjective though.

Cheers
Master_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:25 AM   #66
Yellow_Dragon

KLO84's Gamercard
I've only played COD4 and this one, but compared to COD4 this is pretty easy on veteran.

Its not a cake walk by any means and you will still die alot. However its only certain parts that are really annoying that will make you want to break the controller.

Hill 400 and crossing the Rhine the last 2 chapters arent as bad as everyone says. In fact I had the least trouble with these 2 levels.
Yellow_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:17 AM   #67
Rewrite Legacy

Driven Faith's Gamercard
This is by far the hardest Veteran of all the Call of Duty.
Rewrite Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:05 PM   #68
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Took me about a month to finish. I would say this is right up there, but not the hardest. the order would be:

COD: WAW
COD: 4
COD: 2
COD: 3
COD: MW2

I haven't played the original, so I'll have to play that next.

"What is your spaghetti policy here?" - Charlie
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:59 PM   #69
Coheedd

Send a message via AIM to Coheedd Send a message via MSN to Coheedd Send a message via Skype™ to Coheedd

i Am Coheed x's Gamercard
I'd say that out of all the Call of Duty's this is the hardest one to play through on Veteran. However like all Call of Duty's you have to remember one key thing. Keep moving forward and make the most use of those smoke grenades instead of spending ages killing everyone.

Feel free to send me Friend Requests, just be sure to mention you're from X360A!

Coheedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:08 AM   #70
Flugruger

I realise it's all subjective, but I think anyone who says that this is the hardest COD to beat on Veteran (quite a few in this thread) needs to have their head examined, this game is an absolute cakewalk compared to World at War, and the Mile High Club achievement on COD4. I'd say excluding the MHC though, COD2 could perhaps be considered more difficult than 4, it's certainly very close. I can't comment about COD3 as I've never played it on Vet because it's a piece of shit, and I was bored as hell playing through it on Regular.

World at War though, is in a league all of its own. The AI is such cheap bullshit - your teammates are completely retarded and miss guys from 5 yards, then there's the enemies who'll go galloping past ten of your allies in order to kill you, and constantly spam you with grenades to the point where staying behind cover for more than two seconds nets you literally ten frags in your lap.

I'm not saying this game is easy, anyone who says they found it easy is a liar, it's really hard and I died a shitload of times, but it's certainly doable and very rewarding.
Flugruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #71
gold007eye

Send a message via AIM to gold007eye

gold007eye's Gamercard
I didn't find it to be too hard. That was the first COD I had played and wound up starting on Hardened then doing it all over again for Vet achievements. After that I start on Vet in all future CODs; found it makes me better in multiplayer as wel.
gold007eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:54 PM   #72
Gaanjaa

Gaanjaa's Gamercard
I feel it is time consuming, but not hard compared to some of the smaller achievements on COD 4 and MW2. Basically all you have to do is complete the game on Veteran, which isn't too hard once you learn the ways of each level. I've done it on MW2, attempting it on COD4, and should have this one beat soon.

This should be next 1000.

Gaanjaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:14 AM   #73
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaanjaa View Post
I feel it is time consuming, but not hard compared to some of the smaller achievements on COD 4 and MW2. Basically all you have to do is complete the game on Veteran, which isn't too hard once you learn the ways of each level. I've done it on MW2, attempting it on COD4, and should have this one beat soon.

This should be next 1000.
MW2 was the easiest of all the campaigns on veteran. WAW and COD 4 were the toughest.

"What is your spaghetti policy here?" - Charlie
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:03 PM   #74
Elevatiionzz

Send a message via AIM to Elevatiionzz

canceriddenseal's Gamercard
i'm sure if you're actually good at the COD games then this one would be easy. but if you are not the greatest at shooters you would probally not want it.
Elevatiionzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:46 AM   #75
bob8972

FINALLYsomebody's Gamercard
It is easy, but it can be difficult. I got about half way done with the game, and I stopped playing it for a while and moved on to Left 4 Dead so I could get the Zombie Genocidest Achievement. Now since I got it I'm going to try and beat Call of Duty 2 on Veteran which isn't easy, but isn't impossible.
bob8972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:10 PM   #76
Orrest92

Orrest92's Gamercard
waw is harder on veteran.
Orrest92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:48 PM   #77
jamie1000013

D Mob x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Genre Competition - Second Place   2,500 Posts   x360a Representer   Completion Competition Winner   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
For me this is the ranking of the COD games from hardest to easiest to complete on Vet. I haven't completed COD:3 because it's shit lol.

COD:WAW This wouldn't be hard if it wasn't for the constant grenades and infinite respawning. This game is hard because it's the most fustrating COD game I have played with the grenades and everything.

COD4: Not as hard as WAW because it has better level design and less grenades. Mile high club and other timed missions push it above COD2 for me though.

COD2: It's hard but if you stick with it you should do it in time. I actually prefer this game too COD:WAW because it was just better made all around. I would much rather 1K this again than COD:WAW.

COD:MW2: Very easy because it doesn't have infinite spawning enemies. A good campaign like COD2 and COD:MW. Yes I am an Infinity Ward fan boy because they make the best COD games. Although Treyarch care more about the community.

Thank you Audacious for the sig
jamie1000013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:53 PM   #78
Ayays Eve

Perfect eve's Gamercard
It takes about one sitting of like 10-23 hours about1

Cod:Waw-9h:13m:xx/One sitting on VET/all cheevo's unlocked except 1 and 10th P!
Best rnd/64-7/silenced svt/Knee deep

BFBC: Best atk-rnd on foot/77-22/ no recon!

First to beat Alien Breed 2 on elite!

I'm always down for helping people/ vice versa, so if you see a game on my list and you need any help just send a msg!
Ayays Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:55 PM   #79
Ayays Eve

Perfect eve's Gamercard
did u make this short clip,? fucking funny

Cod:Waw-9h:13m:xx/One sitting on VET/all cheevo's unlocked except 1 and 10th P!
Best rnd/64-7/silenced svt/Knee deep

BFBC: Best atk-rnd on foot/77-22/ no recon!

First to beat Alien Breed 2 on elite!

I'm always down for helping people/ vice versa, so if you see a game on my list and you need any help just send a msg!
Ayays Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:16 PM   #80
Fists of Steele

fists of steele's Gamercard
I found this to be one of the hard COD games on Veteran. It could be because it was the first that I was going back to for the full 1K.

I would say I am an average at First person shooters.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:24 PM   #81
Tattoo Man

Mr Tattoo Man's Gamercard
I also found this one of the harder COD games to play on veteran
Tattoo Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:40 PM   #82
ReapingEcho

ReapingEcho's Gamercard
Easy 1000 cause you just got to beat it on veteran which I did in 2 days and have beat this game twice on veteran.
ReapingEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:43 PM   #83
Xolair

Send a message via MSN to Xolair

xolair90's Gamercard
Let's say it wasn't that easy (at least IMO) to obtain the full 1000G out of this one. Almost lost faith in a few spots, the enemies hitting me from 100 yards with almost each shot they fire... my blood pressure was probably rather high at times. Thankfully managed to pull through, never again though!
Xolair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:45 AM   #84
Mikesahhh

Mikesahhh's Gamercard
i reckons medium no way it should of got 9/10 on the roadmap
Old 10-13-2010, 08:24 PM   #85
Jamieironmaiden

JAMIEIRONMAIDEN's Gamercard
Easy, one playthough on vetran gets all achivements so yeah
Jamieironmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:24 AM   #86
Teh Phantomz

l The Phantom l's Gamercard
Beat it today. Anyone having mixed feelings just go for it, there are some tough spots but by trying different stratergies you can do it. This doesn't compare to World at War, I think this is a bit easier than Cod 4 and MW2 and Black Ops are just really simple.

Party time Party time Party time Party time Party time Party time

We all just need a little bit of Sunshine in our lives.

Teh Phantomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:08 PM   #87
coreytaylor

Aevx's Gamercard
Hard as hell 1000GS. For people who have given up...go back & at least do it on Hardened. You'll get a big chunk of GS for at least doing that.
coreytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:57 PM   #88
jules the great

Send a message via AIM to jules the great

OldSchoolJules's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I have this game sitting on my shelf. Its been there for a year and I keep debating whether to give it a shot. The only Call of Duty Ive beaten on veteran was MW2. I heard this one is a pain
Old 11-09-2011, 09:29 PM   #89
rcscruff

RCScruff's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules the great View Post
I have this game sitting on my shelf. Its been there for a year and I keep debating whether to give it a shot. The only Call of Duty Ive beaten on veteran was MW2. I heard this one is a pain
DO IT! DO IT NOW!
Such a rewarding 1000. Definitely my proudest completion.
rcscruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:25 AM   #90
Celestial Being

C3L3STIAL B3ING's Gamercard
^^ I agree go for it. you'll be proud when you get that 1000G. this was the first game I ever got the 1000G on, and what turned me into an achievement whore. though i don't whore around much anymore, it'll stick.

A lot easier than CoD3 if you ask me, cause i never got 1000G on that game. and i have for every other CoD game that's been released.

Celestial Being is offline   Reply With Quote