PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Tomb Raider Underworld
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-14-2009, 01:36 PM   #1
Lethal0ne

Lethal0ne's Gamercard
Master Speed Demon didn't unlock

I'm not exactly sure what I did... I think I went back to get the Speed Demon achievements after I realized where they were. I had one and two, and then later unlocked three, but no Master. I've been reading that you need to do them in succession on the same save, (I thought that I did, but I can't be sure), so I reloaded an old save and played through several times to try and get it to unlock. I'm positive that I was under time for every single one in at least two of my tries, but no luck.

I decided to just try and do them when I did my Master Survivalist play through, but the Master Speed Demon achievement still wouldn't unlock. (I even timed myself and was under the time posted in the achievement guide posted as a sticky).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do? Would it be helpful to start another play through If I delete my previous saves off of my hard drive? I have my newest saves on my memory card, so that wouldn't be a big deal.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help.
Lethal0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:31 PM   #2
Gilian85

Gilian85's Gamercard
Read my tips Lethal one,you only get it in 1 playtrough so i think you have to do them again.
Gilian85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:11 PM   #3
Lethal0ne

Lethal0ne's Gamercard
Unhappy

Thanks allot for the reply Gilian. I actually started a new game today. I played all the way through to where it should unlock. I did the first one like I've read others have done, (from the first temple). I did accidentally fall down to the bottom on the second one, so I'm sure I got that one as well. I got a really good run, (well a few of them), and then after I saw your post tried your trick for the third one.... I still didn't get the Master Speed Demon achievement for some reason.

I did all of this after I deleted all of my saves off my hard drive and pulled out the memory card that I had other saves on. I can't figure out why it won't unlock, unless it has to do with the fact that I already unlocked the others without unlocking this one. I'm pretty sure that I've read that others have did it later, but other than that I don't know... A bug maybe?

Does anyone have any other suggestions? It's only 10 points, but I'd like to make it an even 1000 if possible .

Thanks allot.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:48 AM   #4
Gilian85

Gilian85's Gamercard
Than you didn't get 1 or more in time,
Gilian85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:24 AM   #5
Lethal0ne

Lethal0ne's Gamercard
I'm really sure that I did do every one with enough time. I'll try them again sometime soon, but I'm kind of burned out with playing those same levels over and over again .
Old 01-19-2009, 06:02 AM   #6
Lethal0ne

Lethal0ne's Gamercard
Exclamation

As unbelievable as this is probably going to sound, I swear that this just happened.

I've been re-playing through these levels, from where you do the first Speed Demon challenge, straight through to the last, (where the Master Speed Demon achievement should unlock). Over and over and over I've been doing this with no luck. I've gotten pretty good at doing this, and I've been positive that I've made time the last bunch of runs for sure.

I get to the end once again where it should unlock, but yet again... nothing. So just for the hell of it, I backtrack to the beginning of run three... I'm going to just try it again without reloading, but when I get to the beginning of it, I decide to go back up to the very beginning, as far up I can go.

I go all the way up the spiral, back through the tunnel, and I'm just looking around for a bit. I high tail it back down to see if I can do two and three together... not thinking anything will happen, but I'm pretty sick of doing these runs.

I die the first time from a stupid mistake, falling all the way to the bottom, but it puts me back up to the beginning at the top again. I try again, going as fast as I can... making all my turns pretty good, (I slammed into a block though, but backed up and kept going), all the way to the bottom. Before I can go through the doors where run three would start, I hear the unlocked achievement sound... What? Master Speed Demon... 10 points... Wow... It's finally done.

It's crazy, but if anyone else is having trouble getting that one to unlock, try it and see what happens. Finally... 1000/1000!
Old 12-15-2010, 09:47 PM   #7
HAWKS8252

Hawks8252's Gamercard
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal0ne View Post
As unbelievable as this is probably going to sound, I swear that this just happened.

I've been re-playing through these levels, from where you do the first Speed Demon challenge, straight through to the last, (where the Master Speed Demon achievement should unlock). Over and over and over I've been doing this with no luck. I've gotten pretty good at doing this, and I've been positive that I've made time the last bunch of runs for sure.

I get to the end once again where it should unlock, but yet again... nothing. So just for the hell of it, I backtrack to the beginning of run three... I'm going to just try it again without reloading, but when I get to the beginning of it, I decide to go back up to the very beginning, as far up I can go.

I go all the way up the spiral, back through the tunnel, and I'm just looking around for a bit. I high tail it back down to see if I can do two and three together... not thinking anything will happen, but I'm pretty sick of doing these runs.

I die the first time from a stupid mistake, falling all the way to the bottom, but it puts me back up to the beginning at the top again. I try again, going as fast as I can... making all my turns pretty good, (I slammed into a block though, but backed up and kept going), all the way to the bottom. Before I can go through the doors where run three would start, I hear the unlocked achievement sound... What? Master Speed Demon... 10 points... Wow... It's finally done.

It's crazy, but if anyone else is having trouble getting that one to unlock, try it and see what happens. Finally... 1000/1000!

Thank you so much dude!!! I have been playing this so many times I was getting soo pissed off. I did exactlly like you and drove all the way back up to the top of the spiral and then came back down. Master speed demon unlocked when I got to the same place that speed demon II unloaked at!!!
HAWKS8252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:34 PM   #8
Lethal0ne

Lethal0ne's Gamercard
Hah ... That's awesome! I forgot about this post because it was so long ago, but I just got an email about it. Glad to see the thread revived
. That was so frustrating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWKS8252 View Post
Thank you so much dude!!! I have been playing this so many times I was getting soo pissed off. I did exactlly like you and drove all the way back up to the top of the spiral and then came back down. Master speed demon unlocked when I got to the same place that speed demon II unloaked at!!!
Old 01-11-2011, 02:07 AM   #9
Kazenji

Send a message via MSN to Kazenji

RunicBlaze72's Gamercard
Damn all in one playthrough

seems like the same thing with the treasures and relics too.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:47 PM   #10
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:

I followed this crazy story too but didn't unlock for me. You both are really lucky.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:33 PM   #11
Lethal0ne

Lethal0ne's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
I followed this crazy story too but didn't unlock for me. You both are really lucky.
Try it a few times... just in case.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:53 PM   #12
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Try #40568237023495...

Quote:
Try it a few times... just in case.
Yeah I will thanks for the reply. Ya know what's really funny, I tried to reset the timer on top of the spiral by simply driving over the edge with the bike. Guess what, Lara fell and screamed and fell and landed right at the bottom in front of the gate, survived (EASY) and the cut-scene triggered. What kind of nonsense is this??? Anywayz, achievement not yet unlocked. To be continued.

EDIT: GOT IT. The achievement guide method is the best way to do it.

Last edited by JuSt BLaZe; 04-16-2011 at 09:10 PM.
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:32 AM   #13
Lethal0ne

Lethal0ne's Gamercard
Hahaha ... That's pretty funny .

Good luck!
Old 08-19-2011, 02:11 PM   #14
Tanaki Khan

Tanaki khan's Gamercard
Didn't read this thru prior to trying, did the spiral, got achieve and figured reload to get to top easily to get secret, did same for maze following and of course got 2 single achievements and lost ability to tell whether any retries of these two were successful

In the end I ran the spiral a couple of times for good measure then zipped thru maze again and it popped thankfully.

The achievement could have done with being worded better as I can imagine a fair few people getting annoyed with this who don't browse this forum. The swan dive refers to one playthru ("adventure").
Tanaki Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:23 PM   #15
EXM9000

EXM9000's Gamercard
Awesome discovery Lethal0ne!
Thanks for posting.
Amazing how cheezed we can get over one 10-point cheevo.
EXM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #16
m3stone88

m3stone88's Gamercard
Hi,

I've got the same problem, i'll see if what you've done works. If not i'll just give up!
m3stone88 is offline   Reply With Quote