Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Last Remnant
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-28-2011, 04:42 PM   #1951
Ilippa

Ilippa's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velos View Post
What monster do I need to beat in the First Path from BR50 (to, what...70?)
This has probably been answered already but i don't feel like looking through 60 pages. Srry ^^
You should be grinding at Ancient ruins instead of the first path. AR is the best grind spot. ancbolders <3
Ilippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:50 AM   #1952
SOG Random

ch4rlie b0y's Gamercard
I recently came back to this game to get the last 2 achievements having missed out first time around due to getting the dead heart too early. To give myself the best chance possible I have followed the principle of the guide (though not the letter) and am amazed at the difference it has made so far in HP.

To illustrate I have just reached the part where you are asked to go to see the God Emperor (fallen available) and am at BR 67 with the 3 suggested teams having HP around 5700.

I then compared this to an old save at a similar point in the game, first time around I was at BR 95 and the 3 equivalent teams only had HP of 4500, 4000 and 2500!!, (and 3 teams set up just for HP could only reach 4900, 4200 and 3800) the only advantage the old teams had was better developed equipment and skills which my new team will gain in time.

So the moral of this story is the in game advice on levelling is bad, you should follow the principles of this guide instead.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:26 PM   #1953
Rayne95

Upgrading katanas?

So, I read a ton of this thread after realizing that at BR 50 something, I was probably doing something wrong. Now I am doing what this guide says, but I still have a couple questions, and was hoping you guys could help me out like you have for so many other people! I'm just past Dillmoor now and am at BR1 lol. So, I figured I should get this all figured out before I get any farther and screw myself over.

A. If I'm going up against a boss, should I kill the adds, (extra mobs that aren't the boss), or should I just go straight for the boss and take it out? From what I noticed..(I experimented a little) even if I just kill the boss (1 guy) I get a chain of 5 (the total number of mobs in the battle) and I get less money for it...If I kill everything I get lots more money. But does it decrease my stat gain? (not that at this point I've gained any stats...but rush has learned devils due)

B. How the heck am I supposed to upgrade my katanas? I know how to get the fly needles and copper ore without fighting..but the mystic fiend fur..that only drops off of mobs, and im sure ill run into that problem with later upgrades as well...

C. I know it's extremely early in the game still but, (question A made me think of this) should I be gaining stats yet? I've killed just the first three bosses, no other encounters. and I'm using the "Play it by ear" command every turn that I am given it...cause what I got out of this is that, using that makes it easier to learn/develop skills?

That's all, really hope someone can give me some help! =D Thanks!!
Rayne95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:28 PM   #1954
Rayne95

Also, excuse my slang words. Just ask if you can't understand them...played WoW for a loooong time so I use words from that a lot..
Old 07-23-2011, 12:04 PM   #1955
Ilippa

Ilippa's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne95 View Post
So, I read a ton of this thread after realizing that at BR 50 something, I was probably doing something wrong. Now I am doing what this guide says, but I still have a couple questions, and was hoping you guys could help me out like you have for so many other people! I'm just past Dillmoor now and am at BR1 lol. So, I figured I should get this all figured out before I get any farther and screw myself over.

A. If I'm going up against a boss, should I kill the adds, (extra mobs that aren't the boss), or should I just go straight for the boss and take it out? From what I noticed..(I experimented a little) even if I just kill the boss (1 guy) I get a chain of 5 (the total number of mobs in the battle) and I get less money for it...If I kill everything I get lots more money. But does it decrease my stat gain? (not that at this point I've gained any stats...but rush has learned devils due)

B. How the heck am I supposed to upgrade my katanas? I know how to get the fly needles and copper ore without fighting..but the mystic fiend fur..that only drops off of mobs, and im sure ill run into that problem with later upgrades as well...

C. I know it's extremely early in the game still but, (question A made me think of this) should I be gaining stats yet? I've killed just the first three bosses, no other encounters. and I'm using the "Play it by ear" command every turn that I am given it...cause what I got out of this is that, using that makes it easier to learn/develop skills?

That's all, really hope someone can give me some help! =D Thanks!!
As this thread said. If you want to upgrade your weapons, you'll have to kill some mobs, which are going to raise your BR (not significally). they will give you some stats, but not as much with the scavenger grind. + your weapons are not going to make big difference that early. just get rush sword type you want to him. Actually you can find some good weps from quests and chests.

Bossess are nothing, they dont give any good points at that point anyway.

Well, what for adds, hmmm...I did kill them, if they are in my way, but it doesnt make any difference, as there are not many forced battles anyway.

My advice is just get as low br as possible during dics 1 and doing all cd 1 quests as well. (you'll end up with 35). But with grinding go with the guide.

Last edited by Ilippa; 07-23-2011 at 12:10 PM. Reason: info
Ilippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:56 PM   #1956
Rayne95

Thanks! Yeah, I figured I would just have to kill mobs. Had just been wondering if there was another way to upgrade the weapons without it. But I guess not. Oh well, like you said won't raise my BR too much.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:03 PM   #1957
DevilSatyr

Devil Satyr's Gamercard
Right I need some help, played through once and screwed up my stats (didn't everyone?) so I looked about and found this thread and have tried to follow it as closely as possibly.

Currently I am using 3 unions of 5, 2 leaders, 3 soldiers at BR 85.

Union 1: Rush, Baulson +3 soldiers. 8k hp
Union 2: Torgal, jager + 3 soldiers. 8.5k hp
Union 3: Caedmon, emmy + 3 soldiers. 8.6k hp

Now I have 2 problems with this playthrough, firstly. I read somewhere that emmy should ask for the goddess wristlet and you should give it to her and after so many BR it will clone to the rest of your units. on my playthrough caedmon asked for it. Should I give it to him and will it still clone to the rest of my units?

Secondly, every time torgal asked where to concentrate his skills on I alwys say combat arts, he has halphas in 1 hand and seere dominus in his off hand. I went to AR to grind 5 BR to get him to upgrade them but he upgraded his off hands to gremory? Wtf?
Could that be because I've asked him to use mystic attacks quite often? I was trying to get him to level his mystic arts up to max level but I didn't think that could affect his weapons.

Any advice would be massively appreciated as I really don't want to have to start all over again, do all that grinding again, etc, etc.
DevilSatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:37 PM   #1958
Ilippa

Ilippa's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSatyr View Post
Right I need some help, played through once and screwed up my stats (didn't everyone?) so I looked about and found this thread and have tried to follow it as closely as possibly.

Currently I am using 3 unions of 5, 2 leaders, 3 soldiers at BR 85.

Union 1: Rush, Baulson +3 soldiers. 8k hp
Union 2: Torgal, jager + 3 soldiers. 8.5k hp
Union 3: Caedmon, emmy + 3 soldiers. 8.6k hp

Now I have 2 problems with this playthrough, firstly. I read somewhere that emmy should ask for the goddess wristlet and you should give it to her and after so many BR it will clone to the rest of your units. on my playthrough caedmon asked for it. Should I give it to him and will it still clone to the rest of my units?

Secondly, every time torgal asked where to concentrate his skills on I alwys say combat arts, he has halphas in 1 hand and seere dominus in his off hand. I went to AR to grind 5 BR to get him to upgrade them but he upgraded his off hands to gremory? Wtf?
Could that be because I've asked him to use mystic attacks quite often? I was trying to get him to level his mystic arts up to max level but I didn't think that could affect his weapons.

Any advice would be massively appreciated as I really don't want to have to start all over again, do all that grinding again, etc, etc.
#1. I gaved mine to Caedmon and I have BR 103 now and all party members have +20 hp for now. I guess the cloning items is a bit tricky... I hope it works on caedmon too

#2. You almost habe the same problem than I had. In the early game I gaved principles to torgal. And at Br 103 I had still those principles and in the second hand halpas dominos, so I made halpas and then went into world map, torgal asked for them. Thats how i got mine super torgal (+ always combat art when he asked). I dont think it matters what you do during battles. well it affects at your class and what options youll get but shouldnt affect what weapons you get.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:30 AM   #1959
housey996

DarK x QuAnTuM's Gamercard
Thanks this helped a lot but I'm still stuck on the Gates of Hell any tips guys??
housey996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:41 PM   #1960
bddblade

Wait so does this guide apply to the PC version as well? Or is the "pc ultimate grind" trick from glenys quest better to grind instead?
bddblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:15 PM   #1961
Amalmaru

Amalmaru's Gamercard
first thing i would like to say...THIS THREAD IS AMAZING!!, second is i have tried everything to stat grind and create strong characters in the past, but i always gave up on the game when i came to the frikken Hell-spawned twin boss fight (Hannah and Hinnah) *facedesk* im usually BR67 or wround there when i face them, any tips?
Amalmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #1962
tourniquet

tourniquet00's Gamercard
since I just 1000/1000 this game I wanted to give my 2 cents on this topic in case there are still other people trying to get the battle achievements.

don't worry too much! my first run to the ancient ruins was at br63 because the second base was my personal show stopper. when I was strong enough to beat the bases I followed the story without any problems to the end and went back to the ruins at about br90. my groups were about 5k hp each for the absolute conquerer. it's just a matter of dealing intelligently with group positions. beat him in 40 turns without weapon arts and all that fluff. weapon upgrades can still be really useful for damage output though.

the fallen was harder for me, since damage output is everything in that fight. I used my regular four groups and it was just barely enough to knock him over at the last turn. therefore, I assume that with better preparation and the super unit strategy everyone should be able to win this fight.
tourniquet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:45 PM   #1963
Fl4m3no1r

Fl4m3n01r's Gamercard
Ok, I know this thread is pretty old but you might want to add that Emmy will only request the Goddess Wristlet if she is "balanced." I've combat orientated everyone in my game and only Caedmon asked for it. Once. And when I denied him he hasn't asked for it again. No one has cloned the Wristlet so the 9999HP is unreachable for my game file. And like hell am I going to replay this damn game. I haven't been this frustrated by a game since Infinite Unsatisfactio... *ehem* I mean Undiscoveries.
Fl4m3no1r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #1964
Aronsky

Aronsky's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide. This has got to be my least favorite leveling system ever but I'm glad you made this guide so I didn't end up punching myself in the face when trying to beat the fallen. Only took 3 turns to beat him by following your guide.

But again really hated this leveling system. I never tried hunting down components for better weapons because I didn't want to raise my brave and that kind of sucked because I usually like that kind of thing. Their leveling system and the ability to create all kinds of different items just seems to completely go against each other. At least until you reach the end and have kick ass characters.

Anyway thanks again, other than the fallen dlc boss I have not had any trouble since grinding in the ancient ruins.
Aronsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:49 AM   #1965
brownstar ninja

brownstar ninja's Gamercard
Does anyone know of a written guide or a video guide where they tell you step by step what they are doing, i'm hoping for over 60% of the achievements atleast, i am following this and a gamefaqs guide, but i am scared to put in tons of hours just to come up short because i will not replay the game once i get to the end
Old 12-07-2012, 02:42 PM   #1966
MalibuStacey85

MalibuStacey85's Gamercard
Just started a new playthrough, and I have to say, the sheer amount of threads for this game is a little overwhelming! I have just arrived at Blackdale and am BR3. Is it best to do side-quests until I get to BR10 before stat-grinding, or is it possible to do earlier?
MalibuStacey85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:46 AM   #1967
Reventful

This thread has seemed to die a bit, but I figured I would give it a shot.

Currently I am BR1 doing the quest to rescue the kidnapped son. I forgot to go to the guild and hire anyone to help, didn't know if I should or not. But I'm getting killed in a single turn. As I only have about 288hp or something. I understand t hat this is a XBOX forum, my version is on the PC.

Edit:

Found out quests can be suspended during if you leave the area, I did this and picked up a member to ease the fight. (PC Version, not sure if confirmed on xbox or not.)

Last edited by Reventful; 01-05-2013 at 01:53 AM.
Reventful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #1968
Jake1782

Jake1782's Gamercard
Can anyone help me out with the 4 Qsiti Unions that stand guard over that door in the Catacombs, they are just destroying me everytime due to my low BR

Arcade 100%:
UNO, Worms, PvZ, Cloning Clyde, MNC, 1vs100, Dash of Destruction, DOOM, Ms.Splosion Man, Splosion Man
, Doritos Crash Course, Trials Evolution, COD Classic
Working on:
Jake1782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #1969
Johnboo

Johnboo's Gamercard
help pls

i know this is an old thread but i still wanted to try posting..

anyway... my questions is. when do i start leveling up my br? is it untill i get the characters/ leaders that i want?

i am currently at br 8 and im at the ivory peaks. should i not encounter anymore enemies untill i get all the characters that i want?
Johnboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:21 AM   #1970
Jake1782

Jake1782's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnboo View Post
i know this is an old thread but i still wanted to try posting..

anyway... my questions is. when do i start leveling up my br? is it untill i get the characters/ leaders that i want?

i am currently at br 8 and im at the ivory peaks. should i not encounter anymore enemies untill i get all the characters that i want?
Ye, you don't want to start seriously grinding your levels until you have all 6 leaders that you want. However, a little bit could be beneficial if you're having difficulties.

Arcade 100%:
UNO, Worms, PvZ, Cloning Clyde, MNC, 1vs100, Dash of Destruction, DOOM, Ms.Splosion Man, Splosion Man
, Doritos Crash Course, Trials Evolution, COD Classic
Working on:
Jake1782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:40 AM   #1971
Gamer4Life84

EeHh JaMeS's Gamercard
i ve put this game off since it came out cause i didnt understand the boosting stats until i read this guide....thank you so much for it and i finally maxed it out
Gamer4Life84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:59 AM   #1972
Triffey

RiffeyMadre's Gamercard
Saying yes to characters requests.

How do you know where to get all that stuff? I wish they had made it so after you said yes, they told you where to go. I spent hours looking for things. I have shared computers so I can't google where things are.

Do have a list for that??
Triffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:20 AM   #1973
Onyxflamegod

Onyxflamegod's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triffey View Post
Saying yes to characters requests.

How do you know where to get all that stuff? I wish they had made it so after you said yes, they told you where to go. I spent hours looking for things. I have shared computers so I can't google where things are.

Do have a list for that??
Well if you can't stay on the computer your only real choice is to check the upgrade paths on the wikia and note what items you'll need. Then write out the items you'll need on a sheet of paper, after searching where they are on the wikia.
Onyxflamegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:51 AM   #1974
Frank568

The First Path is for BR's 50 to 70 >.< after 70 you should go Ancient Ruins.
Frank568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:05 PM   #1975
zr122

zr122's Gamercard
Okay. I just started this game earlier today, and like with all RPGs, I checked these forums to get as much info as possible.

There is one thing I haven't found a definitive answer on, however. If I spend the time fighting monsters for Guild Tasks, how much of a difference will that make? As it stands right now, I'm at BR4 with 800HP, having just completed the Blackdale story encounters. I haven't been in a single fight that wasn't required by the story.

I'd like to kill the 8 spiders required for one of my available Guild Tasks, but I don't want to deviate from the leveling guide too much. And considering that there are quite a few GT regarding killing monsters...well, you get the picture.

Also, since I have Blackdale unlocked, is it worth the time to level up in earlier areas and return to Blackdale in order to level grind? Or should I continue the story and only return after I reach BR 10 in the future?