PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Need for Speed: Carbon
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-24-2008, 04:07 AM   #61
OutcastNeedhelp
Banned User

OutcastNeedhelp's Gamercard
Some of these achievements are hard to do.
OutcastNeedhelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:59 AM   #62
SecurityTS

SASxVIRUSx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
But if you start a new one, You lose your reward cards..
For all the people who have missed Reward cards like getting 1 mil in a play through or 20 defensive races, there is a way to restart career without loosing all your reward cards .

All you have to do is go into career and make sure you waste all your money keep getting busted until you have no money for new car and no car, the game will start itself again but you WILL still have all your cards atc. still
SecurityTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:04 AM   #63
SecurityTS

SASxVIRUSx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief0222 View Post
im confused, if u lose all ur reward cards when u start a new alias. How do you get the online reward cards that u already got from the old alias onto the new alias
They are automatically there, when i had to start a new alias i finished one online race and all my previous online cards came bk. e.g all the xp level ones i had and winning streak ones
SecurityTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:55 PM   #64
Bl4ziN AK47

BlaziN M16's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
are u playing this game for 1000g, or is it still glitched
Bl4ziN AK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:57 PM   #65
DudeWithTheFace

Send a message via AIM to DudeWithTheFace Send a message via MSN to DudeWithTheFace

DudeWithTheFace's Gamercard

Awards Showcase PAX Meet 2010   Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 Subscribers Tourn. First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I think this game is still and always will be glitched

Click Me
Or Higher Res
And watch 'BOURNE HEREAFTER' or 'SMALL AVATAR SOLDIERS'!!!
DudeWithTheFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:18 PM   #66
xgonscm2

xenon ghost's Gamercard
leveling up

is there a trick to leveling up, i have some ppl that i am working on the online achievements with, and we are playing ranked canyon, and driving off of the cliff, but no one is getting ranked up, the game shows that the winner is getting 28 points, but the rank isn't going up, anyone know what is going on with this?
thanks for any advice or tips.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:07 PM   #67
Avenger

Avenger1324's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgonscm2 View Post
is there a trick to leveling up, i have some ppl that i am working on the online achievements with, and we are playing ranked canyon, and driving off of the cliff, but no one is getting ranked up, the game shows that the winner is getting 28 points, but the rank isn't going up, anyone know what is going on with this?
thanks for any advice or tips.
As with so much stuff with this game the online XP is buggy. You can be racing someone earning XP, then after a while it just stops counting. No warning, and nothing to tell you its stopped, apart from not going up levels after a lot of races.

I'm also going for OXP and run into the same problem, usually after about 30 races, and then you will need to run through the following steps to fix it. Not sure why this fixes it, but I found it somewhere else, and it does work.

Player 1 create a new unranked lobby, invite your boosting partner (player 2) and set it to Pursuit Tag. Load the race, wait til it has started, then player 1 press start, then select quit from the menu. This will take player 1 back to the front end, and leave player 2 in the game, where he goes back to the lobby.

Player 1 now use your Friends List to select Player 2 and Join session in progress (only available once he gets back to the lobby). Do the same again, just this time player 2 quits out when the race starts.

After that go back to boosting how you were before.

I don't really know what this does to the server, but I've done it several times and it always gets me earning OXP again
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:15 PM   #68
xgonscm2

xenon ghost's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
As with so much stuff with this game the online XP is buggy. You can be racing someone earning XP, then after a while it just stops counting. No warning, and nothing to tell you its stopped, apart from not going up levels after a lot of races.

I'm also going for OXP and run into the same problem, usually after about 30 races, and then you will need to run through the following steps to fix it. Not sure why this fixes it, but I found it somewhere else, and it does work.

Player 1 create a new unranked lobby, invite your boosting partner (player 2) and set it to Pursuit Tag. Load the race, wait til it has started, then player 1 press start, then select quit from the menu. This will take player 1 back to the front end, and leave player 2 in the game, where he goes back to the lobby.

Player 1 now use your Friends List to select Player 2 and Join session in progress (only available once he gets back to the lobby). Do the same again, just this time player 2 quits out when the race starts.

After that go back to boosting how you were before.

I don't really know what this does to the server, but I've done it several times and it always gets me earning OXP again
OUTSTANDING, thanks very much for your help with this! i'll have to try this out with and get on with the slow process of ranking up
Old 05-26-2009, 11:49 PM   #69
Why Aim

BlueStar v2's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide, helps alot
Why Aim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 07:25 PM   #70
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I didn't actually use this guide but if i didnt have the achievemnts and had the game right now?..then i would have defo used this great guide!..well done m8!

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:24 AM   #71
zamacking

zamacgod303's Gamercard
thanks just got the need for speed achevment that i wanted the most thanks....................hit 233 in one speed trap.................................
zamacking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:28 PM   #72
Viper187

NoLifeDGenerate's Gamercard
Ugh! I finally finished all the offline stuff. If anyone is still working on the reward cards, keep in mind you can use the canyon drift tracks to get the 10/25/50 quick races quick. Just keep picking one and driving off the cliff, press A to continue back to the menu, and repeat.

I did all the Challenges before working through career mode. I actually found Darius to be even more of a pain in the ass than that one other challenge on the same track. Maybe I should've looked up what car they forced on me for that and tried it. I ran out of points within 100 feet of the line twice using the damn Skyline, and got fed up. I finally gave up for the night and used the Vette this morning. It was hell getting through the other 3 races to face the bastard in the canyon again since that car doesn't corner worth a damn, but I finally made it. Took me a half hour or so of failed attempts, but you can zip past him on that first bend and basically let him push you down the hill. Funny how slamming into you doesn't slow him down at all, he just pushes you right along.

Last edited by Viper187; 04-16-2010 at 10:37 PM.
Viper187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:04 PM   #73
OMG is LorY InsiDe me

Lory is back 58's Gamercard
great guide
OMG is LorY InsiDe me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:22 AM   #74
AlSuwaidix

AlSuwaidix's Gamercard

Career Mogul 10
Earn 1,000,000 cash in Career Mode

You need to have $1,000,000 in your bank at one time. This is very difficult. The only advice I can give is to not spend any money until the end of the game. Buying the cars in the online marketplace helps out quite a lot. Try them out..

Got it today
Thanks maka for the guild.
AlSuwaidix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:59 AM   #75
BigTimmyJim

DJsnachBlaster's Gamercard
Thumbs up

nice stuff dude
BigTimmyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:35 AM   #76
Axle911

NuclearTactics's Gamercard
i got this on PS2 xD, but i'd rather it on 360, achievements are pointless on the PS2 aswell
Axle911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:27 PM   #77
mrbonelly

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
One of the EA Mod gamertag name became available and I snatched it. I won't say which but I would like to try out if it'll work in giving out the EA Mod achievements.

It is a silver account and needs to have a gold status in order to work. Not a 48hr trial as it doesn't make you a gold member really.

If anyone is in need of this achievement, and is willing to try it out, then try to obtain a 1 month code for me to add to the account.

Please contact me via PM so we can exchange info, including the mod name to where to send a FR to. Etc Etc.

Hopefully it works. If it does, then i'll be willing to set up monthly race nights.

If anyone knows for a fact it won't then please let me know via a post on this thread. Please don't post an opinion, just facts on it please.

I was stuck on this achievement for a while and i'm just TRYING to help out.

Why am I asking for someone to do this? #1 i need a guinea pig, #2 i don't have a 1month code nor want to add my credit card to the account.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:52 PM   #78
Master SS x360a
Banned User

X360 GS Legend's Gamercard
only difficulty 6/10

I think this game is quite hard to do 900 or more points.I haven't played this game for the terrible achievements.Level 50 and Cards are extremely difficult, the Level 50 online is very long to boost and some cards are very tough to win. For me,if Dead or Alive 4 and SEGA Superstars Tennis are difficulty 10,also this game merits 10.I have played all the Need for Speed series games but I'm not afraid to not ever played this one
Master SS x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:05 PM   #79
mrbonelly

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master SS x360a View Post
I think this game is quite hard to do 900 or more points.I haven't played this game for the terrible achievements.Level 50 and Cards are extremely difficult, the Level 50 online is very long to boost and some cards are very tough to win. For me,if Dead or Alive 4 and SEGA Superstars Tennis are difficulty 10,also this game merits 10.I have played all the Need for Speed series games but I'm not afraid to not ever played this one
Difficulty is measured on the skill it may require to actually get some/all of the achievements. With a dedicated partner(or by yourself if you have two consoles) you can boost canyon to level 50XP via player matchmake in about 6hrs(if trading) or 3-4hrs(if with two consoles, like i did). Some of the rewards cards are indeed VERY difficult, specially when you are trying to get EA Mod card at this point.

When I finished the game, i would've given it an 7/10. At this point if you take sniperwork's banned EA Mod gamertag into the equation i'll give it a 6/10 since reward cards are meaningless until the next EA MOD for carbon is found.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:11 PM   #80
TiptopChrisy

Send a message via MSN to TiptopChrisy

TiptopChrisy's Gamercard
One of the EA Mod gamertag name became available and I snatched it. I won't say which but I would like to try out if it'll work in giving out the EA Mod achievements.

It is a silver account and needs to have a gold status in order to work. Not a 48hr trial as it doesn't make you a gold member really.

If anyone is in need of this achievement, and is willing to try it out, then try to obtain a 1 month code for me to add to the account.

Please contact me via PM so we can exchange info, including the mod name to where to send a FR to. Etc Etc.

Hopefully it works. If it does, then i'll be willing to set up monthly race nights.

If anyone knows for a fact it won't then please let me know via a post on this thread. Please don't post an opinion, just facts on it please.

I was stuck on this achievement for a while and i'm just TRYING to help out.

Why am I asking for someone to do this? #1 i need a guinea pig, #2 i don't have a 1month code nor want to add my credit card to the account.

Regarding this post man, do you still have that EA Mod tag ?? and if so , did it work for the achievement ??
TiptopChrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:36 PM   #81
mrbonelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiptopChrisy View Post

Regarding this post man, do you still have that EA Mod tag ?? and if so , did it work for the achievement ??
We've only tried it with 48hr trial codes(which do not give any accounts a gold status). It didn't unlock the achievement.

I am unsure if the silver status on the account is the reason why it is not unlocking, which is why if anyone would like someone to volunteer and donate such code to use it on the account, then they will have first crack at it as well. I'm not spending $10 on a one month code to test out something that'll benefit someone else, and haven't found one dirt cheap on eBay either. That is why i'm willing to work with someone if they do supply the code. Again, it may/may not work.

Once found to work or not, then i'll post it here so everyone can stop/continue sending FR and msgs to the account.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:38 PM   #82
TiptopChrisy

Send a message via MSN to TiptopChrisy

TiptopChrisy's Gamercard
But surely if you can go online and play a match over XBL with the 48 code active then it should work ??
Could you tell me the name of the Tag you are using ?? there is a list i seen a while back with the all the EA Carbon mods that could help with this and ill just confirm for you that its on the list incase maybe this isnt an EA Carbon mod and just a regular EA mod. And also incase anyone does waste the money on a 1 month code. I have a friend on my list who would possibly be up for providing a code possibly to try this out. Even if you dont want to give out the name on here mate, if you just PM me the name of the tag on here or via XBL, i will check the list and you have my 100% guaranteed word that i will not speak the tags name to anyone.
Thanks regardless mate.
TiptopChrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:45 AM   #83
Kid Vicious

Send a message via ICQ to Kid Vicious

kid vicious's Gamercard
^
that is a skeezy ass post. lol

Kid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote