PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Puzzle and Word > The Maw
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-21-2009, 05:18 PM   #1
ThrawnOmega
Subscribing Member

ThrawnOmega's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Silver   Subscriber - Bronze   PAX Meet 2010   Gamerscore League Season 6 Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Bright Idea   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide and Road Map to 200

ROAD MAP

Estimated Difficulty: 2/10
Estimated time for 200: 4-5 hours.
Offline: 200
Online: 0
Minimum Playthroughs Needed: 1
Missable Achievements: None (levels can be replayed if needed)
Glitched Achievements: None

INTRODUCTION:

The Maw is a simple and entertaining game, with pretty straightforward achievements. If you follow the guide, you will get everything with no problem. This map is meant to serve as an overview of when you can expect to unlock the achievements, playing from beginning to end.

Note: This road map assumes you play the standard game first, then go back and play the DLC levels later.

Crash Site: All Growed Up

Bulb Valley: None

Chaindown: Time for BBQ

Dirtlands: Ground and Pound

Looferland: Eyes of the Beloofer

Mesas: Destroyer of Yums, Energize, Tastes Like Snot

Beetull Smash: Hard Headed, That's Just Gross, Little Planet of Horrors

Planet Maw: You're Totally MAWESOME!

OTHER:
Six Meals A Day - Load up levels at different times of day and quit so it saves. Can change the timezone on your xbox to do this fastest.

Achievement Guide
All Growed Up - 10
Help Maw grow for the first time.

This unlocks after you've fed the Maw enough to earn his first size increase. It will unlock early in the first level.

Destroyer of Yums - 10
Find and eat 200 Yums.

Will come naturally as you play through the game and work on "Little Planet of Horrors." I earned it during Level 6 (Mesas).

Energize - 20
With the Bulbous power, electrify at least 50 objects and/or creatures.

You'll first earn the Bulbous power in Level 2. Use it to shock all the creatures that can be thrown to disable shields, and as many Yums as possible. There will be a lot more targets to zap on Level 6 (Mesas), so don't worry about getting it right away.

Eyes of the Beloofer - 20
With the Loofer power, laser at least 125 objects and/or creatures.

You'll obtain this powerup in Level 5: Looferland. While riding the Maw, press to shoot lasers from the Maw's eyes. There are more than enough objects around to get you this achievement during Level 5.

Time for BBQ - 20
With the Gastro power, flame at least 150 objects and/or creatures.

The Gastro power is first earned in Level 1. Walk around with the Maw and torch every plant in sight, and Yums, where possible. There probably isn't enough objects in level 1 to earn the achievement, but you'll get Gastro power again in Level 3: Chaindown, and can finish it then.

You're totally MAWESOME! - 20
Complete the entire game.

Complete all 8 levels to prove your MAWesomeness.

Hard-Headed - 20
With the Beetull power, ram at least 50 objects and/or creatures.

You'll first see a Beetull in level 3, but you won't earn its power until Level 7: Beetull Smash! Press to have Maw charge ahead, dragging you in its wake. There are more than enough objects to earn this achievement during Level 7.

That's Just Gross - 10
Find and eat all the Snuffles.

Locations:

Crash Site: In the river area with the plants that need to be burned, look for a side path blocked off by a large rock. Move the rock, and you'll find the Snuffles at the top of the path.

Bulb Valley: At the beginning of the level, behind a rock. Move the rock, and continue on with the level. When you have the bulbous power, shock one of the creatures that are thrown to disable shields. Pick it up with and bring it back to the beginning of the level. Throw it with to disable the shield.

Chaindown: Behind the pirana plants that need to be burned down.

Dirtlands: In the middle of the level, there are several islands with vents aiding in jumping from one to the next. Take the first vent to the left, and fly straight into another vent that will send you to the island with the cage. Smash the cage with the Maw.

Looferland: Once the Maw has laser powers, head to the back of the first open area. You'll see a side path to the left (or to the right if you're facing the green path that leads deeper into the level). You'll find the Snuffles in a cage at the end of this path. Laser the cage and eat your prize.

Mesas: See the area where the Bulbous are gathering their explosive pollen? The Snuffles cage is on top of a peak nearby. Once you have the Puff-tor power, smash the rock at the back of this area to reveal a vent that will blow you right to the cage.

Beetull Smash!: Near the end of the level, you'll be in an open area with a solitary rock spire in the middle. Ram the spire with the Maw to knock the Snuffles to the ground for easy consumption.

Achievement Unlocked!

Little Planet of Horrors - 20
Get 100% Eaten in each level.

When you've eaten everything in a level, you'll recieve a message that says "100% eaten!" so you'll know you're done. Snuffles DO NOT have to be eaten to get 100%. Finish every level with 100% and the achievement is yours.

TIP: Smash/flame/laser everything! Trees or mushrooms (even some rocks) release Yums you need to eat for 100%

TIP #2: You can hold to bring up the stats page, which will show you how close you are to eating everything. From the "Load Level" menu, you can also easily see which levels you've eaten 100% on, and found the Snuffles.

Tastes Like Snot - 10
Find and eat 30 Gloobers.

These are the snail-like creatures with the rock shells. Grab them with , then throw with to break their shells, and make them edible for the Maw. They first appear in Level 3 (Chaindown), but you won't have eaten enough to get the achievement until Level 6 (Mesas).

For the ones in Level 5 (Looferland), you can use your laser ability to destroy their shells. By level 6, Maw will be so huge breaking shells is no longer necessary for him to be able to eat them.

Ground and Pound - 20
With the Puff-Tor power, smash at least 50 objects and/or creatures.

You'll encounter these guys in Level 4 (Dirtlands). With the power, press to jump into the air and then to smack objects. There are more than enough objects in level 4 to get the achievement.

Six Meals a Day - 20
Play during Maw's six meal times: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dunch, Dinner, and Midnight Feast.

You can mess around with the time zone setting on the 360, load up a level and then quit out so it saves. Keep changing time zones and doing this until the achievement unlocks. (Thanks to Hayden for this tip) You can stay connected to Live while you change time zones. Alternatively, you can keep playing the game at various times of the day until it unlocks.

TIMES: Try 8am, 10am, 12pm, 4pm, 6pm, 12am. (Thanks Hammer)

Brute Force15
Get 100% Eaten and Eat the Snuffle in Brute Force

Snuffles Location: After eating the beetull, turn back and smash the rock to your right. Smash your way to the top of this path, and smashing a rock on the left side will release a jet of flames, destroying the umbrella plant, and revealing the snuffles.

Signature by MabusScarab

Last edited by ThrawnOmega; 02-23-2009 at 04:54 AM.
ThrawnOmega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:01 PM   #2
CrunchinJelly

CrunchinJelly's Gamercard
How do you get 6 Meals A Day? No idea what it is. :-/
Old 01-21-2009, 06:29 PM   #3
ThrawnOmega
Subscribing Member

ThrawnOmega's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Silver   Subscriber - Bronze   PAX Meet 2010   Gamerscore League Season 6 Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Bright Idea   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
I'm guessing play the game at different times (as based on your real-world clock). I'm not sure if the game has to be loaded up during those times, or if you could leave your Xbox on with the game running for the majority of a day and earn it while AFK. I also don't know what times could for each of those six periods yet. Once I know, or someone else finds out, I'll edit it into the guide.

Signature by MabusScarab
Old 01-21-2009, 07:15 PM   #4
Hayden

Send a message via MSN to Hayden

Hayden x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Hayden   x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Silver   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   Donator - Level 2   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   Member of the Month
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
I got my 200 a little while ago, I messed around with the time zone setting on the 360, loaded up a level and then quit out so it saved.

Here is all the pics if you want to use them Thrawn

All Growed Up - 10
Help Maw grow for the first time.

Time for BBQ - 20
With the Gastro power, flame at least 150 objects and/or creatures.

Energize - 20
With the Bulbous power, electrify at least 50 objects and/or creatures.

Ground and Pound - 20
With the Puff-Tor power, smash at least 50 objects and/or creatures.

Eyes of the Beloofer - 20
With the Loofer power, laser at least 125 objects and/or creatures.

Tastes Like Snot - 10
Find and eat 30 Gloobers.

Destroyer of Yums - 10
Find and eat 200 Yums.

Hard-Headed - 20
With the Beetull power, ram at least 50 objects and/or creatures.

That's Just Gross - 10
Find and eat all the Snuffles.

You're totally MAWESOME! - 20
Complete the entire game.

Little Planet of Horrors - 20
Get 100% Eaten in each level.

Six Meals a Day - 20
Play during Maw's six meal times: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dunch, Dinner, and Midnight Feast.

Last edited by Hayden; 01-21-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Hayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:45 PM   #5
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Great work with the guide mate.Picked this up today and your guide is going to be a great help!

Hayden,can you elaborate a little more on changing your time zone? Did you specifically set it to certain times or just by changing to different zones unlocked the achievement? Sorry if I'm sounding dim but I don't follow how that works.

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:25 PM   #6
GamerJunk.net

GamerJunkdotNet's Gamercard
Ya Hayden what times of the day did you change the xbox 360 to?
Old 01-21-2009, 11:09 PM   #7
radiant light

wow great guide hopefully I can pick up some points today
radiant light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:34 PM   #8
Jedi Kayben

Jedi Kayben's Gamercard
All i need is the Six meals a day achievement and im done, im gonna try the timezone trick right now, thanks!!

EDIT: Great i now have my 200!!

Last edited by Jedi Kayben; 01-21-2009 at 11:55 PM.
Jedi Kayben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:00 AM   #9
ApochWeiss

Send a message via AIM to ApochWeiss

Apoch x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Guys, he doesn't know the hours needed for six meals a day. he even said it himself. Quit asking already, he'll post it if he finds out. Also check google.com and see if youc an look the times up, play it offline, and see what unlocks.

Now with film and game reviews (just for fun)!

ApochWeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:35 AM   #10
ThrawnOmega
Subscribing Member

ThrawnOmega's Gamercard

It can be done while connected to xbox live, if you keep changing your time zones in your console settings. The achievement unlocks as soon as you start a level. If you don't get it, go to "exit game" so your info saves and you return to the game menu. Then go to console settings, change your time zone, and try again.

DOn't worry about early morning times like 1-4am. The time zone trick is rather annoying, but it does work.

Signature by MabusScarab
Old 01-22-2009, 04:21 AM   #11
Grahf

Grahf23's Gamercard
I found these hours on a forum: 6 am, 9am, noon, 3 pm, 6 pm, and midnight.

Here: http://www.****************.com/foru...d.php?t=105615

I'm still trying to get it.

edit: The link doesn't appear I don't know why.

One guy says:
Quote:
Disconnect from Live (remove ethernet cord) - and set the time 2 mins before- example: for 6 am do 5:58 and play until it turns to 6 am-and repeat.
edit: Doesn't work for me, I tried many times with this method because I thought I did something wrong, I even tried to eat at least one enemy every time. I'm gonna try again by setting hours in chronogical order because I started with 9 am and then 6am. Apologise my bad english.

edit: It pisses me off I've been doing that for more than one hour, still doesn't work, these hourse must be wrong.

Last edited by Grahf; 01-22-2009 at 04:57 AM.
Grahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:40 AM   #12
Bababoof

Send a message via AIM to Bababoof

Rodation's Gamercard
Great guide man!

Fun little game, I might purchase it
Old 01-22-2009, 05:13 AM   #13
Grahf

Grahf23's Gamercard
I just got it, hard to say exactly how, I was doing what I said in my last post, didn't work, so I tried other hours, 7am and then 10am, and by starting a level with 10 I got it.
But before I tried the hours I've posted I tried the time zone change method and I tried many hours, so still not sure which ones are right.

Last edited by Grahf; 01-22-2009 at 05:16 AM.
Grahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:31 AM   #14
I3lack Plaguez

Send a message via MSN to I3lack Plaguez Send a message via Yahoo to I3lack Plaguez Send a message via Skype™ to I3lack Plaguez

TH3xR34P3R's Gamercard
so basically its Breakfast (6-8am), Brunch (9-11am), Lunch (12pm), Dunch (1-5pm), Dinner (6-11pm), and Midnight Feast (12am)

am I guessing this correctly?? lol
I3lack Plaguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:41 AM   #15
Hammer 5O2

Hammer x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
8am, 10am, 12pm, 4pm, 6pm, 12am. Confirmed times I did it with.

178 Completions
141 Retail
37 Arcade

Everyone Please Check out my Blog and Follow It
http://hammerx360a.blogspot.com/
Hammer 5O2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:54 AM   #16
bunnybee1976

time for the 6 meal achievment

i enter these times in with my xbox live disconnect (unplugged)
i went to the time section and changed the time

wasnt sure which one was for breakfast but i did both 6:58am-7:58am stayed on unit it was 7am-8am
brunch 9:58 am stayed on till 10 am
lunch 11:58 am stayed on till 12pm
dunch 2:58pm-3:58pm i did both wasnt sure stayed on till 3pm-4pm
dinner 5:58pm stayed on till 6pm
mid night feast 11:58pm stayed on till 12am
and i got my achievment
bunnybee1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:12 PM   #17
gatorbait

Gatorbait68's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Awesome work! Glad to see they are easy and relatively short. I hadn't heard anything on this game up until a few days ago so it's good to see a guide and road map are already up.

gatorbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:57 PM   #18
ansky24

okay this is how i did it and believe i was officially #1 to 200/200 just around sometime after noon EST....what you need to do is go to your clock settings and change the TIME ZONE (not actually time) forward and backward to make it so your playing during those hours posted....it doesnt have to be exactly at those times just within the half hour...also I play a entire level to make sure it saved the hour you played.
ansky24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:30 PM   #19
ApochWeiss

Send a message via AIM to ApochWeiss

Apoch x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Thanks for the info, just finished it now. Used it to make sure I was doing what needed to be done. Just so you know, almost all achievements can be done with multiple run throughs of a level if you happen to miss it. not sure if anyone needs to know it or not, but, just letting you know haha.

and Hammer, thanks for the times. Definitely worked. Did it off line though by swapping the time instead of the time zone. didn't matter to me.

Anyhow,t hanks guys. This game was great. Spent 10 hours playing it and laughing. Hope they make more. Definitely better then the new lord of the rings game haha.

Now with film and game reviews (just for fun)!

ApochWeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:09 PM   #20
Hoffer

Hoffer's Gamercard
I missed out on the "energize" achievement. I made the mistake of not really looking at the achievements until I got to level 3. So, I didn't zap many things in level 2. There weren't enough things in level 6 for me to get the achievement.

I'll have to decide if I want to replay the game just for that achievement.
Hoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:47 PM   #21
bknight2k

bknight2k's Gamercard
With Six Meals a Day do you just have to load up the game start screen?

Or do you have to physically be in a level? Do you have to complete said level if you do, or can you exit out?

Last, is there any buffer? Or it has to be exactly on the hour? I can't go in at 902am for example?

Thanks
bknight2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:45 AM   #22
Hoffer

Hoffer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffer View Post
I missed out on the "energize" achievement. I made the mistake of not really looking at the achievements until I got to level 3. So, I didn't zap many things in level 2. There weren't enough things in level 6 for me to get the achievement.

I'll have to decide if I want to replay the game just for that achievement.
Got the acheivement. After I beat the game, I selected level 2 from the main menu. I got the electric power and got the cheevo within like 2 minutes. Didn't have to replay the game. Thank Dog!!
Old 01-23-2009, 01:08 AM   #23
Hoffer

Hoffer's Gamercard
Just got the 6 meal achievement.

200/200 Hooray!!
Old 01-23-2009, 02:21 AM   #24
Matthias42

Matthias42's Gamercard
six meals a day gets my vote for most annoying achievement in the game, I think it took almost as much time as beating the game...(yes, I know, exaggeration)

Completed retail: Lego: Indiana Jones, College Hoops 2k6, NBA 2k6, CSI: Hard Evidence, Avatar: TLA, Buku Sudoku, Lego Batman, Lego Star Wars TCS, Fable 2, Left 4 Dead, Bionicle Heroes, Halo 3 (1525/1750), Sonic's UGC

Completed arcade: Aegis Wing, Uno, Portal: Still Alive, Dash of Destruction, Fable 2 Pub Games, The Maw, Buku Sudoku
Matthias42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:25 PM   #25
ChillcoRE

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks for the guide, seems pretty easy but Six Meals will be a pain.

100% Retail

Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed 2, Bioshock, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Fable 2, Fallout 3, Fallout 3 PC, Fight Night Round 3, Left 4 Dead, Lego Indiana Jones, Lost, Oblivion, TMNT

100% Arcade
Dash of Destruction, Portal: Still Alive, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 3, Soul Calibur
ChillcoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:02 PM   #26
bluphraust

bluphraust's Gamercard
Beetull Smash 100%

Can anyone tell me how to make Maw stop charging through the areas where the guys are?
I can't stop and then can get all 52 enemies.
bluphraust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:05 PM   #27
bluphraust

bluphraust's Gamercard
also btw, six meals took me less than 5 min. using the helpful
time zone change and reloading a save six times.
bluphraust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:06 PM   #28
ThrawnOmega
Subscribing Member

ThrawnOmega's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluphraust View Post
Can anyone tell me how to make Maw stop charging through the areas where the guys are?
I can't stop and then can get all 52 enemies.
The enemies in the areas where you can't stop are not part of the 52 you have to eat. Don't worry about them.

Signature by MabusScarab
Old 01-23-2009, 06:07 PM   #29
ChillcoRE

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I don't know if the Road Map is off or something, but I just got both 'Tastes Like Snot' and 'Destroyer of Yums' in the 5th level, Looferland. Not the 6th, like shown in the map.

100% Retail

Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed 2, Bioshock, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Fable 2, Fallout 3, Fallout 3 PC, Fight Night Round 3, Left 4 Dead, Lego Indiana Jones, Lost, Oblivion, TMNT

100% Arcade
Dash of Destruction, Portal: Still Alive, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 3, Soul Calibur
ChillcoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:10 PM   #30
ThrawnOmega
Subscribing Member

ThrawnOmega's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillcoRE View Post
I don't know if the Road Map is off or something, but I just got both 'Tastes Like Snot' and 'Destroyer of Yums' in the 5th level, Looferland. Not the 6th, like shown in the map.
I believe Destroyer of Yums can be done in Lvl 5 if you're Perfect the whole way through, but I don't think Tastes Like Snot can. I had to eat almost 10 snails in lvl 6 to get the achievement, and I know I didn't miss that many my first time through level 5. Did you replay any levels?

Signature by MabusScarab