PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-28-2009, 07:36 AM   #1
Skillet

Send a message via MSN to Skillet

Skillet x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Sync Bar and Disciple of the Creed

Since so many people seem to have problems with this... I thought I'd post a quick rundown of the Disciple of the creed achievement for "Killing all Assassination Targets with a full DNA Bar".

Thanks to Fizzmatix for the images.

The bar circled with red is the Sync Bar. It does not matter. It's just your health bar.

Now for picture number two...

This screen is the pause screen. The DNA bar circled in red is what actually matters. There is a strand for each mission or target... however you want to divide them up. The strands each have 10 sections. The white sections are all mission associated. The blue sections are for scaling all of the high points in that section of town or saving all civilians in that section of town.

The white sections each represent a certain part of the mission. As you complete the interrogation, pickpocketing and eavesdropping missions, a section will be colored white. When you have both of the blue sections and the first 6 white sections colored in, you will have two white sections left. The first is for talking to the guys in each town who give you the missions (Rafik, Malak, etc) and getting your assassination feather. The last white section is for killing the target and completing your mission.

As long as you make sure you have both blue sections and the first six white sections of the DNA BAR filled in BEFORE you collect your feather and assassinate your target, you will earn your achievement. The Sync Bar has nothing to do with it.

As a side note... this achievement is known to be glitched... usually resulting in unlocking the achievement much earlier than you should. You shouldn't have any problems with the achievement not unlocking unless you skip a mission and don't have a full DNA bar.

As a second side note... if you miss one section in a DNA strand and don't unlock your achievement at the end of the game, you can re-play that memory block, complete all investigations/high points/save civilians and upon completion of the assassination, your achievement should unlock.

Hope this helps anybody with questions regarding this achievement.

Read them.... apply them.

Last edited by Skillet; 12-08-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:59 AM   #2
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Send a message via MSN to Eternal

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1   x360a Book Club   SOTF Winner   Road Map - Silver   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
This should cut down those useless 'omg my achievement is glitched' threads... Thanks Skillet
Eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:39 PM   #3
Stewie Griffin2

Stew1e Griffin2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Great idea Skillet, and the pics are actually pretty good (since you said they and your TV suck). Cheers.

Edit: You may want to just add that should you miss a mission doing this, you can replay the memory block to get that mission if the achievement doesn't unlock without it, there was a new thread about that yesterday that I replied to, may help to cut out another thread or two.

Last edited by Stewie Griffin2; 01-29-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Stewie Griffin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:31 AM   #4
Skillet

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin2 View Post
Great idea Skillet, and the pics are actually pretty good (since you said they and your TV suck). Cheers.

Edit: You may want to just add that should you miss a mission doing this, you can replay the memory block to get that mission if the achievement doesn't unlock without it, there was a new thread about that yesterday that I replied to, may help to cut out another thread or two.
Added. Thanks about the pics. Sitting in a completely dark room and turning off the flash ftw.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:54 AM   #5
skull3k3

Skull3k3's Gamercard
Not to be a drag but does this achievement require the first assassination you do, the one in the town market when you have no weapons.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Never Mind got the information now

Last edited by skull3k3; 02-08-2009 at 03:40 PM.
skull3k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:11 AM   #6
L Demonic I

Send a message via AIM to L Demonic I

L Demonic I's Gamercard
thanks for clearing it up
L Demonic I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:33 AM   #7
YungMoney313

YungMoney313's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal View Post
This should cut down those useless 'omg my achievement is glitched' threads... Thanks Skillet
Lol yeah it's like if they don't get the achievement the automatically assume it's glitched.
YungMoney313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 03:03 AM   #8
HackMATTr

HackMATTr's Gamercard
Yeah It is Glitched.

I was able to recieve it and I did not complete everything.
HackMATTr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:42 PM   #9
ORTA:316

Send a message via MSN to ORTA:316

OR7A's Gamercard
Can anyone clarify on memory block 3 the DNA Bar includes all view points, save citizens etc. from both Acre AND Jersuleam. Do I have to do both?
IE: Do all in one, head to the other do them all their and then make my assassination?

Or can I just do all the bits for one city and make my assassination?? Plz help because I'm about up this bit and afraid to carry on!!
Old 03-19-2009, 11:57 PM   #10
Skillet

You have to complete the assassination for both cities before you can continue to the next memory block.

So, if you complete them one at a time, you'll have one full section filled while the other is completely empty. Just like in the second picture.

So, to answer your question... no, you don't have to complete both cities before assassinating a target.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:30 AM   #11
ORTA:316

Send a message via MSN to ORTA:316

OR7A's Gamercard
So it's ok to just have one half full? They are seperated I suppose! phew, didn't fancy playing the damn thing all over again!
Old 03-21-2009, 10:20 AM   #12
Mad Dawg Dave

Mad Dawg dave's Gamercard
oh cool... i just started playing assaissins creed again
Mad Dawg Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:09 PM   #13
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Mine glitched.
Didn't have full DNA bar nor sync bar for that matter. Ah well, at least i got the achievement.
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:45 AM   #14
xXChiddyXx

Send a message via MSN to xXChiddyXx

xXChiddyXx's Gamercard
OMG just finsihed it and didnt get the achievement, i had the guide up and made sure i did everything, so i got super pissed and came to check for even the tiniest detail. i didnt realise you had to fill the DNA bar before the getting the feather DAMN IT, oh well another play through for me

http://www.trueachievements.com/xXChiddyXx.htm

xXChiddyXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:07 AM   #15
Chewedankles

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXChiddyXx View Post
10,000 gamerscore on 29/05/2009
Time Traveler!
Chewedankles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:20 PM   #16
Mr914

theFATcatGREEDY's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXChiddyXx View Post
OMG just finsihed it and didnt get the achievement, i had the guide up and made sure i did everything, so i got super pissed and came to check for even the tiniest detail. i didnt realise you had to fill the DNA bar before the getting the feather DAMN IT, oh well another play through for me
Please tell me "Feather" isn't a spoiler? Working on my third assassination.....
Mr914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:51 PM   #17
Mr914

theFATcatGREEDY's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr914 View Post
Please tell me "Feather" isn't a spoiler? Working on my third assassination.....
Dang, I just re-read lol. My bad
Mr914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:25 AM   #18
FTWer

Can this be done after you beat the game or does it have to be done before?

Seems I completely missed all of them up to my 6th assassination & I guess I will be doing those all over again.

Assassin's Creed

FTWer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:12 PM   #19
XxStuartxX 1990

iRenegadeknight's Gamercard
yeah it is glitched i only did 3 investigations and it unlocked oh well im not complaining
Old 06-21-2009, 05:48 PM   #20
Moetrich

Moetrich's Gamercard
just finished the game.
got the achievement, although i hated those informant quests and skipped 4 of them. after i did this, i thought i could as well start the last assassination after 3 investigations. overall i missed at least 5 sidequests and still got the achievement
Moetrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:04 AM   #21
Skillet

As I believe I clearly mentioned in the first post, the achievement is glitched in the fact that some people receive it before finishing the game.

But if you don't earn the achievement by the time the credits role, you've missed something.

I'm sure Ubisoft knew of this glitch and couldn't be arsed to fix it as long as everyone could earn it in one way or another. As long as it's attainable, it's fine.

Hence, the whole point of this thread. Hope that clears things up even more... <_<

Old 06-23-2009, 03:39 AM   #22
syntax419

Rev Speezo's Gamercard

So uh, I'm on the last assassination in Jerusalem, and there's an extra DNA strand (I have 3 black strands after doing all the side quest stuff instead of 2). God I hope it's just some story related crap, because there's nothing left on the map indicating another side quest. I guess if I don't get it I can just redo that memory block.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:09 AM   #23
AuriDUL

Send a message via Skype™ to AuriDUL

AuriDUL's Gamercard
Now I understand what means 'Full DNA Bar' but how about 'Assassinate'?

Do I have:
1) just to kill my target (no matter how);
2) or do I have to assassinate him within one hit?
Old 06-27-2009, 06:30 PM   #24
Zkater93

Zkater93's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuriDUL View Post
Now I understand what means 'Full DNA Bar' but how about 'Assassinate'?

Do I have:
1) just to kill my target (no matter how);
2) or do I have to assassinate him within one hit?
Havn't you read the achivement info? it says that you MUST assasinate your targets with a one-hit kill, but if you do it low or high profile doesnt matter..

"Again, this achievement really only requires awareness and patience. You need to assassinate every target with a full DNA bar, not just kill them in open combat. Make sure every assassination is a one-hit kill with your hidden blade. This doesn't mean that every assassination must be a low-profile hidden-blade attack though. Holding down for a hidden-blade strike for a high-profile assassination will still score this achievement."
Zkater93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:56 PM   #25
Skillet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zkater93 View Post
Havn't you read the achivement info? it says that you MUST assasinate your targets with a one-hit kill, but if you do it low or high profile doesnt matter..

"Again, this achievement really only requires awareness and patience. You need to assassinate every target with a full DNA bar, not just kill them in open combat. Make sure every assassination is a one-hit kill with your hidden blade. This doesn't mean that every assassination must be a low-profile hidden-blade attack though. Holding down for a hidden-blade strike for a high-profile assassination will still score this achievement."
Not really true. There were several targets in my first run through that I actually fought. I can't remember names well but I know I fought the guy in Jerusalem who's holding public executions "because he can".

I also fought that William guy that talks to Richard before you assassinate him. And I fought the guy on the boat at the docks in Acre. The one wearing the horned helmet.

lol I also fought the first guy in Damascus. Tamir? I lost track of him and accidentally bumped into him after the cutscene.

Still got my achievement the first time through.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:42 PM   #26
Maestro0708

Thanks, I wasn't sure If I had to do two more things before talking to the guy who gives you the feather.
Maestro0708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 04:50 AM   #27
A 2rue boofer
Banned User

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Thanks for clearing this up Skillet
A 2rue boofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:57 PM   #28
T0NY THA TIG3R

T0NY THA TIG3R's Gamercard
i just finished the game and for two of my assassinations i didnt have a full dna bar, so i just got lucky i guess.

T0NY THA TIG3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:24 AM   #29
Hugh Fleet

Hugh Fleet's Gamercard
yeah i got the achievement when i only got all the dna bars in the middle one with three assassination's in a single memory

Completed Retail:

Assassin's Creed, Assassins's Creed II, Call Of Duty 4, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST.
Completed Live Arcade Games:
Galaga, Dash Of Destruction.
Currently Working on:
Call Of Duty: WaW [1185], Call Of Duty: MW2 [770]
Always willing to boost the above games
Owner of an Xbox 360 since May '09

Hugh Fleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:32 AM   #30
MASS DOMINATION

mass d0minati0n's Gamercard

im a little worried and confused. im on the 9th assassination and so far ive killed every guy with 1 hit an full health/sync bar. i have not however completed all the side quests. do i need to go back and finish them or do i just need to kill every guy with full health/sync bar as i have done so far.

okay ive now done every "side quest (informors, pickpockets, etc.)" but there are still several locked quests in other memory blocks that i cant access. is that normal or its something screwed up?

also could someone tell me if this is the last assassination or is there one more after this. im on the 9th assassination. thanks.

Last edited by MASS DOMINATION; 08-16-2009 at 10:29 AM.
MASS DOMINATION is offline   Reply With Quote