PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Afro Samurai
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-05-2009, 09:06 PM   #91
Tarlol

Yeah, the straight flush ones as well as "This Little Piggy" seem to be based too much upon luck.

Also, I just completed the game on hard and after two playthroughs I'm only at 1500 kills. I didn't skip anything, so I don't know. Also I got the "Let it Flow" achievement at 900 kills so yeah.
Tarlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:40 PM   #92
DemonI81
Banned User

vI Demon Iv's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlol View Post
Yeah, the straight flush ones as well as "This Little Piggy" seem to be based too much upon luck.

Also, I just completed the game on hard and after two playthroughs I'm only at 1500 kills. I didn't skip anything, so I don't know. Also I got the "Let it Flow" achievement at 900 kills so yeah.
Yeah, I got This Little Piggy by complete luck while trying to get Four to the Floor.
I got Let it Flow around 1800 kills. You must've really been cutting people up to get it so early.
DemonI81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:37 AM   #93
Ecstastic

Ecstastic's Gamercard
Crusty,

If you cut off a body part of the big sword guy, your card will have his picture on it. Do his part last and if you notice your card on the side you will see his picture.

Even Demon has confirmed it. Try it and let me know.

Last edited by Ecstastic; 02-06-2009 at 12:57 AM.
Ecstastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:40 AM   #94
Ecstastic

Ecstastic's Gamercard
Oh for the Let It Flow achievement, it can be unlocked at JUSTICE'S LEVEL.

Just ignore him, run around and keep slashing the big trees. Will take you good one hour. But I just had to try it.

Game is a decent 7.5/10. Would be alot better if camera wasn't inverted.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:48 AM   #95
DemonI81
Banned User

vI Demon Iv's Gamercard

Kills carry over, blood spilled carries over, even time played carries over, IF you choose to carry over your stats. You can see all your stats in the Options menu from the Main menu. You can also hold down (click and hold) both thumbsticks while playing to see your stats.

EDIT: By the way, I put a video of all the Straight Flush achievements I found on youtube into this thread: HERE

Last edited by DemonI81; 02-06-2009 at 12:51 AM.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:02 AM   #96
Ecstastic

Ecstastic's Gamercard
Got 1000 Gamerscore for Afro Samurai. (Finally)

Thnx Demon for the tip.

Great guide, amazing website.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:49 AM   #97
DemonI81
Banned User

vI Demon Iv's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstastic View Post
Got 1000 Gamerscore for Afro Samurai. (Finally)

Thnx Demon for the tip.

Great guide, amazing website.
I'm here to help... and receive help of course. Congrats man. I got my 1000 a few hours ago.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:08 AM   #98
CrustyDirtDemon

CrustyDirtDemon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonI81 View Post
"Now onto the Hand, similar to how the female ninjas jump the other half of the time they crouch, so when you get one that crouches after entering focus mode, you want use a perfect horizontal slice, while aiming DOWN with the left stick, and if lucky and you’re positioned straight at her you should slice off her hand."
Every time I try this, I either get a "doesn't count" or leg. I've tried 10 times now until all 3 cards were full. Every time, I got all legs.
From the looks of things there really is no consistent way of getting hands from the Kunoichi, it seems to be luck. Achievements shouldn't be based on luck. Think I'm gonna settle for 965/1000 on this game.
I agree, it’s very hard/luck based/inconsistent, but it is how I managed it and a few other members with the full 1000 GS, however w/ the light that’s been brought upon the swordsman limbs counting toward “your last needed kunoichi limb”, this achievement may become much easier...
Old 02-06-2009, 05:26 AM   #99
JieXY

JieXY's Gamercard
is there a quicker way to get the Heat to Toe achievement? i found it not easy to aim between the eyes. i completed normal and only had 26.

EDIT: i got the female ninja straight flush by sheer luck. got hands and head at the same time with one slash.
JieXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:35 AM   #100
joshnorm

joshnorm's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JieXY View Post
is there a quicker way to get the Heat to Toe achievement? i found it not easy to aim between the eyes. i completed normal and only had 26.

EDIT: i got the female ninja straight flush by sheer luck. got hands and head at the same time with one slash.
Replay the 1st level and just kick and perfect Slash. Worked for me. Took some time but worked
joshnorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:12 AM   #101
JieXY

JieXY's Gamercard
finally got it. i used XX X(hold) to avoid the aiming process. just wait for the white lightening surrounding your blade to release X
JieXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:44 PM   #102
fragged3d

Send a message via AIM to fragged3d Send a message via Yahoo to fragged3d

Fragged 3D's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyDirtDemon View Post
I am not trying to be rude but if you play the game, its obvious, "number two headband" is the easy mode, and "number one headband" is hard, and also you can't even unlock "number one headband" until beating the game, so kind of makes sense that its assumed that most people would understand that right off the bat...

Hope that helps bro; if you need ne thing else feel free to hit me up on XBL...
I wanted to make sure cause I'm half way through again on number 1 and it doesn't seem any harder.

Thanks,
Ryan
fragged3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:52 AM   #103
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Thanks for the guide, I just rented today, and hope to have it finished by tomorrow night. I haven't read every post, and I'm sure it is in here somewhere, but I just noticed that you can LVL select and pick up any momento's missed... I didn't read that in the guide, may want to add it to the first ACH description that if you miss one, not to worry too much, as you can go back to it without having to start the game over, or even finishing the level. Each momento stays in your inventory as you finish the levels. As soon as you get #5 on any level you can quit if you have beaten it already.

Might want to add a note on Doppleganger about the first memento, if you die while fighting Afrobot, you must go back and get the first one again, it doesn't save if you die. I know I got all 5 while going through the level, but I did die my 1st time fighting Afrobot, and at the end I only had 4. Reloaded the level, and the first one was still there.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)

Last edited by Midnight Malice; 02-08-2009 at 09:17 AM.
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:55 PM   #104
BoYo

Please could someone do a video guide?
BoYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:55 PM   #105
BoYo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoYo View Post
Please could someone do a video guide?
For the Mementos?
BoYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #106
A 2rue boofer
Banned User

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
a nice guide dude this will help
A 2rue boofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:24 AM   #107
Kracker Kwon Do

Ritz Kwon Do's Gamercard
Here's a Youtube video for the more visual crowd...

Kind of wished I got a chance to make another video but this guy did such a great job putting one together I didn't take the time.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:20 AM   #108
Midnight Malice

The mementos don't really need a vid. I followed the written guide with absolutely no trouble, everything is written very well.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
Old 02-09-2009, 06:48 AM   #109
Zytokis

Zytokis's Gamercard
The only achievements I have left are completionist and kensei. If I start a new game on Hard will that erase the number of kills I already have, or does the count keep running?

Edit: I just took a chance and you can continue your progress onto a new game if anyone else was wondering.

Last edited by Zytokis; 02-09-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Zytokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:02 PM   #110
Mosizzle313

Send a message via AIM to Mosizzle313

THlCK NECK's Gamercard
great guide, definitely helped a lot. i was having trouble with the mementos but now i seem to be just fine
Old 02-10-2009, 01:54 AM   #111
Senor Zorro

Send a message via AIM to Senor Zorro

Senor Zorro's Gamercard
For the Hundred Head Hunter, am I allowed to do the parry, then jump on their shoulders and slice their head off? Or do I have to do it just while in focus mode, while on the ground?

Last edited by Senor Zorro; 02-10-2009 at 01:58 AM.
Senor Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:48 AM   #112
joshnorm

joshnorm's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
So I need help on the Empty Seven's Story.

I am playing on Hard and at the part where you fight wave after fucking wave. Its hard since you only get 1 life bear thing. So any tips on beating this level.

Does the bear regenerate or do I have to get lucky?

EDIT: Nevermind. I got it. I let the big guys charge and fall off the ledge. It was stupid and cheap but I don't care I got past it.

Last edited by joshnorm; 02-10-2009 at 04:57 AM.
joshnorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:24 AM   #113
Midnight Malice

Whatever works man... if they can fall off, then so can you, and it is part of the game.

On a side note... these Straight Flush achievements have given me probably one of the biggest sense of accomplishments of any achievements in any game Ive played... and I only have 2 as of this post... and they are probably the easiest 2 lol.

EDIT: Got all the straight flush last night, and am a littl emore than halfway through my hard play. I should be able to return this sometime today with the full 1000 thanks to everyone that posted in here, you all were a huge help. Especially CrustyDirtDemon, thanks for taking extra time to help me through some tough spots.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)

Last edited by Midnight Malice; 02-10-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:02 PM   #114
Ungodly

RenegadeUngodly's Gamercard
played for about 4.5 hours to about 5hrs u can check to see ur played and got about 400g so 10 hrs is do able make sure u try to get the mementos on first run through or grab the ones u missed on hard

Ungodly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:48 PM   #115
Midnight Malice

Got a small tip if you are having trouble on hard... If you are very close to death... like 1 more hit ad you are gone, hold block. Doesn't always work against bosses, but your life will slowly recharge just enough to where one more hit wont kill you. You can hold off crowds by maintailing block until you get enough health to go back on the offensive. I did this on the last bridge in Doppleganger when I was having trouble getting past the last of the ninjas. Died 4 or 5 times, then used this, and passed it.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
Old 02-10-2009, 07:14 PM   #116
TheHatter

Captain Simian's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Zorro View Post
For the Hundred Head Hunter, am I allowed to do the parry, then jump on their shoulders and slice their head off? Or do I have to do it just while in focus mode, while on the ground?
Yes, that works. I got the achievement right after chomping off a guys head this way.
TheHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:27 AM   #117
xll J o E y llx

TSx KrazyShot's Gamercard
Thanks for this guide! It's really descriptive and easy to follow! Will really help me out on my journey to 1k.
xll J o E y llx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:37 PM   #118
Vampiremax999

Send a message via Yahoo to Vampiremax999

MadNeko999's Gamercard
i love the guide and ive been usen it ever since i got the game im stuck on one momento! 4. (Right Wall Area) The memento is located on the first ledge after jumping up the intial rock that comes out of the wall, once up on the first ledge head left to the furthest most ledge, and there will be the memento. <----i cant find this ive tryed for 30 mins looken all over for it right when i pull the switch and the rock comes out i jump on it then jump back and forth up to the ledge wall run to left and its not there where is it PLZ HELP!!

nvm i founded it!

pixels

Last edited by Vampiremax999; 02-11-2009 at 10:40 PM.
Vampiremax999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:23 PM   #119
DreadPirateCash

DreadPirateCash's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Ninja View Post

Hundred Head Hunter 20G
Slice off 100 heads with a bonus.

Just go into "Focus" Mode and push and hold the "X" button and aim for the head. Just do that 100 times.
Its been my experience that its far easier to Perfect Parry followed by a pounce, then hold the X button to lob their heads off. I'm not quite sure what the hell this bonus is that it keeps asking for but I barely cut any heads with Focus and I got this achievement.
DreadPirateCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:53 PM   #120
Pearson

Biomedical Fire's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
First off, great guide guys, it helped me with some of my achievements, but I need a bit of help with the The Samurai Ghost memento achievement in "THE EMPTY SEVEN'S STORY". I got the first memento before the elevator ride and I got the memento on the right side before the boss cube. I tried to get the memento in the middle from the right side, but Afro won't wall run and jump on the ledge nor will he grab it by jumping from the perch. So my question is, can you get back down to the floor from the top to get the left and middle mementos? Because it seems that every time that I try it always puts me back on the ledge that I jumped from. This happens no matter which memento that I try to get first, whether it's the left, middle or right