Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Afro Samurai
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-13-2009, 07:46 PM   #121
DemonI81
Banned User

vI Demon Iv's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
You have to continue on after getting the memento, fight the "boss" battle for that lever, then you'll be back on the floor and able to pull another lever. Rinse and repeat for all 3.
DemonI81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:02 AM   #122
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
I for the life of me can't cut off heads unless it is by accident. I "aim" for their neck or head, and instead of that line being the point of cutting, I slice way over them. It sucks! Any tips on how exactly to aim?

++++

Nevermind the move where you jump on them and slice off their head via parry, A, then X worked wonders. Thanks to original person who asked that question and to the one who answered.

Last edited by Tyger7; 02-14-2009 at 12:39 AM. Reason: figured it out
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:36 AM   #123
Moldredd

Moldredd's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Ninja View Post

This Little Piggy 10G
Slice off fingers and toes at the same time.

This is a Random achievement. You need to do a Vertical Slice to do it. Use diffrent strategys such as aiming to the very left or right. Between going through the story and actually atempting this you will unlock it eventually.
This can be easily done by doing the XXX combo and quickly activating focus mode right after the third hit and holding Y for a perfect vertical slice. Just make sure to turn the left thumbstick to the very left.

If done right, Afro will perform an upward Vertical slice that will likely cut the enemy's fingers and toes. Also make sure to hit the enemy with the combo so that he/she spreads his/her arms and legs.

I did it in no time during the first chapter.

My personal Castlevania LoS2 Kleidos Challenge Playlist:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...5zoWUDqAHWm0Pu

Last edited by Moldredd; 02-14-2009 at 04:36 AM.
Moldredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 04:10 AM   #124
phatRizzo

phatrizzo's Gamercard
Wanted to say thanks to everyone on this site and to those who helped with this thread... Just got my 1000 today, woo hoo
Old 02-17-2009, 10:09 AM   #125
ptpjr

humpledillskin's Gamercard
caN anybody help me find the number 5 memento on doppelganger? ive looked all over, and i have all the others...all except this ONE!...ive been thru this board so many times, but yet still end up at the final bridge w the 5 samurai, without finding it. please help!

=Any Help Is Always Reciprocated And Appreciated...=
ptpjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:04 AM   #126
tgo9970

Send a message via AIM to tgo9970 Send a message via MSN to tgo9970

TGO88's Gamercard
great post thanks

tgo9970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:16 PM   #127
ptpjr

humpledillskin's Gamercard
great post?..anybody heeeeelp?!... game goes back 2mrw..

=Any Help Is Always Reciprocated And Appreciated...=
ptpjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:39 AM   #128
Ryu Kaze

there is a video guide over at youtube that will probably be of assitance. It helped me with Okikku's story (I still need to have a good amount of time to actually kill that damnable Number 6

Edit: Finally defeated the damn Flamethrower, and I didn't need to use any of the bears!

Last edited by Ryu Kaze; 02-22-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Ryu Kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:41 AM   #129
splaykiller

BangBaBa's Gamercard
Hello sexy!!
splaykiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:01 AM   #130
splaykiller

BangBaBa's Gamercard
Thanks for this guide!!!
Thank you and stay sexy...........
Old 02-26-2009, 09:41 PM   #131
splaykiller

BangBaBa's Gamercard
Hey sexy!!
Old 02-28-2009, 06:23 AM   #132
lacke

l4cke's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide!

I enjoyed Afro Samurai (anime) more than I thought I would and the same thing coukd be said about the demo. Was hoping for an easy points game though.

Would you guys say that it's given 8/10 difficulty because you have to beat it on hard or because of a handful of achievements that are hard to get (excluding beating it on hard) or both?
lacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:37 PM   #133
PerpetualHeaven

Send a message via MSN to PerpetualHeaven

Perpalicious's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Gold   x360a Book Club   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Achievement Guide - Gold   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darc Jak View Post
Nice guide, man. I will be using this for the mementoes. too bad no videos. O_o You did good though. ^_^ gonna come in handy rather than paying 17.99 for the guide that is less than a cm thick.
Don't use this for momentos. Use the one on Gamefaqs instead; it's a lot better. The descriptions in this are are too vague. I really suck at finding things, and this didn't help at all. There is one level where I missed a momento due to a glitch, and that's because both sources didn't describe the locations properly. So beware.

Also, there needs to be some fixes for some of these descriptions. For example, unlocking all skills. When you say go back and play levels, do you mean hit continue and level select? Also, what you said you need to unlock the skill that allows you to slice 4 slices? How the hell do you know? etc, etc. Too much vagueness, in my opinion.
Achievement Completion %: 97.04
Gamerscore: 68,482

"Don't hate, perpetuate!"

Last edited by PerpetualHeaven; 03-03-2009 at 03:10 PM.
PerpetualHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 06:23 AM   #134
CrustyDirtDemon

CrustyDirtDemon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerpetualHeaven View Post
Don't use this for momentos. Use the one on Gamefaqs instead; it's a lot better. The descriptions in this are are too vague. I really suck at finding things, and this didn't help at all. There is one level where I missed a momento due to a glitch, and that's because both sources didn't describe the locations properly. So beware.

Also, there needs to be some fixes for some of these descriptions. For example, unlocking all skills. When you say go back and play levels, do you mean hit continue and level select? Also, what you said you need to unlock the skill that allows you to slice 4 slices? How the hell do you know? etc, etc. Too much vagueness, in my opinion.
I’m sorry you had a hard time finding any mementos, while using our guide, you are the first to relay this information to us, however on the other hand I personally have 10+ friends list members on XBL who have 1000GS this game and have had no problems with any of the collecting.

Any way after playing the game and actually obtaining the 1000GS you will understand and learn how the skills/mementos go hand in hand, i.e. you need all mementos in school invasion to be able to unlock Arial Slices, which is used toward the F#$K Gravity Achievement.

We know this b/c we have played the game and read the strat guide and experienced it first hand, not b/c we are guessing or something.

Anyway I don’t believe this guide would have been stickied if many agreed with what you are saying, since now there are more than 4 pages of post “thanking us” for writing this and putting together such a well rounded Achievement Guide.

If you need any help with any of the collecting PLEASE feel free to send me a private chat over XBL, I have no problem ever helping someone out when it’s a question pertaining to a GUIDE I have written.

Also FYI, it's quite offensive that your coming forth and telling this member straight up not to use this guide, and one over at GameFaqs instead when there is currently nothing wrong or flawwed in this guide, especially the memeto sections.

Hope you don't take my reaction personally, but I was taken back at your personal attack toward the memento guide, especially since I wrote them ALL.

Last edited by CrustyDirtDemon; 03-05-2009 at 06:26 AM.
CrustyDirtDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 06:46 AM   #135
dillon

xxGODZ SNIPERxx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerpetualHeaven View Post

I dont know how this is too vague but seriosly instead of flaming Crusty to the public how about you PM him. Also it was very clear to get all momentoms and the 1k

R.I.P. CrustyDirtDemon

dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:12 PM   #136
Ryu Kaze

I have a quick question and I'm not sure if this was a glitch or anything but recently I've gotten the Kensei achievement (1k kills) yet in my stats I have 929 kills. I was doing the spot at School Invasion where it's quite easy to get a ton of achievements. I got the achievement and then quit the area to check on my kills.

That's why I'm curious as to if this is a glitch, or just something else with the game. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:27 PM   #137
dillon

xxGODZ SNIPERxx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu Kaze View Post
I have a quick question and I'm not sure if this was a glitch or anything but recently I've gotten the Kensei achievement (1k kills) yet in my stats I have 929 kills. I was doing the spot at School Invasion where it's quite easy to get a ton of achievements. I got the achievement and then quit the area to check on my kills.

That's why I'm curious as to if this is a glitch, or just something else with the game. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

If you quit that level without getting a save spot then all kills you got at that spot will not count EX. I have 999 kills, went to that spot got a kill then the achievement, then quit, it will show 999 kills instead of 1000.

R.I.P. CrustyDirtDemon

dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:42 AM   #138
KuchikiTaichou

Henry Blackburn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldredd View Post
This can be easily done by doing the XXX combo and quickly activating focus mode right after the third hit and holding Y for a perfect vertical slice. Just make sure to turn the left thumbstick to the very left.

If done right, Afro will perform an upward Vertical slice that will likely cut the enemy's fingers and toes. Also make sure to hit the enemy with the combo so that he/she spreads his/her arms and legs.

I did it in no time during the first chapter.
Thanks !!!!
KuchikiTaichou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:32 AM   #139
oneANGELofDECAY

Good guide came in handy
COD:WAW

1000 GS
COD4, GOW, Assassin's Creed, Crackdown,Tenchu Z, The Simpons Game, Avatar, R6V2, Halo 3, Spiderman FoF, Timeshift, Hour of Victory, College Hoops 2K6, TMNT, Madden NFL 06, NBA Street Homecourt, Star Wars TFU, Fable 2
oneANGELofDECAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:34 AM   #140
Ryu Kaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillon View Post
If you quit that level without getting a save spot then all kills you got at that spot will not count EX. I have 999 kills, went to that spot got a kill then the achievement, then quit, it will show 999 kills instead of 1000.
alright, thanks. Just to make sure, by save spot, you mean the red circle that shows up in the upper right?
Old 03-26-2009, 06:20 PM   #141
Kruz

Kapt Kruz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
thanks this has helped alot!
Kruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 06:01 PM   #142
jonesat

jonesat's Gamercard
You dont need to unlock a skill to get the 4 kills at once, i actually did this in the prelude section without a problem. you can even check the dates on my achievements unlocked if you dont believe me. just wait till then stack and did a horizontal bonus slice and bam.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:10 PM   #143
LBN Aizen Sama

I am rubber achievement!

ok gamers i have got the YOU ARE GLUE achievement but i cant seem to get the I AM RUBBER achievement........

i know its LT + X let go of X when the light reaches the top of the blade and let go.

i hit the bullet but it flys in different directions NOT killing the gunner.......

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY???????????
LBN Aizen Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:53 AM   #144
DirtyMcHater

DirtyMcHater's Gamercard

Awards Showcase SOTF Winner   SOTF Runner Up
Does anyone know of another part where I can get the Kunoichi Suicide Queens achievement? I keep trying on Dopplehanger and it is pissing me the hell off. :/

Edit : OMGF, I got it

Now going for four to the floor, plz halp nao!

Last edited by DirtyMcHater; 03-31-2009 at 02:49 AM.
DirtyMcHater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:35 PM   #145
Marriott

Whopdido's Gamercard
OMG I finally got the Kuniochi Straight Flush! I activated over-focus on the Doppelganger bridge and just went nuts on the female ninjas. I know it was pure luck but I found I got more heads and hands by doing this method. Finally I got 1000 on this game

Thanks to everyone who posted tips and for putting up a great guide for the rest of the achievements

Marriott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:55 PM   #146
Juggaloboy

juggaloboy's Gamercard
CrustyDirtDemon >
Now onto the Hand, similar to how the female ninjas jump the other half of the time they crouch, so when you get one that crouches after entering focus mode, you want use a perfect horizontal slice, while aiming DOWN with the left stick, and if lucky and you’re positioned straight at her you should slice off her hand.

I'm really not sure how you guys are doing this because using this method i have NEVER got a hand, i dont see how you can because they are tucked in not extended unlike the normal ninjas who do hold an arm above their heads when ducking. This achievement is just ridiculous, i have mostly every other one but this one and it's driving me mad. thinking of getting rid of the game cos it has just put me off it sorry for the lame quote but i messed up when i posted lol

Edit: I just got it ) yaya now just for the momentos, easy! thanks to everyone who posted about this as i took aspects of all your guides and used em to my advantage many thanks

Last edited by Juggaloboy; 04-03-2009 at 04:23 PM. Reason: new info
Juggaloboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:09 PM   #147
VeNGeD

Captn Cabinet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Has anyone had any problems with some achievements, like being glitched?

The achievements for me so far have been wierd, I got the "Give Me a Hand" achievement when I sliced a guys head off. I am pretty sure I have killed an enemy while they are about to attack and never unlocked that achievement, I also sliced a guy in the air and didn't get the "F*!# Gravity" achievement.

Anyway, my question is has anyone else experienced strange ways with these achievements?

EDIT: I was doing the "F*!# Gravity" achievement wrong, but still the other one I said seems to be glitchy.

Last edited by VeNGeD; 04-04-2009 at 06:16 PM.
VeNGeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:38 AM   #148
HYPE Shalwin

HYPE Shalwin's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide, helped me greatly. One question though, Kensei said it should unlock by the 2nd playthrough. I've run through on both modes now and am only at 1393 enemies defeated. How did I miss 600+ kills? Either way, I'm gonna do a third runthrough to finish with the 1000 points.

Thanks again.

YEAH!
Old 04-05-2009, 11:06 PM   #149
Sci0n

Sci0n's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Ok for this achievement

The Number One 100G
Unlock all skills.

You have to collect all of the momentos and level up 2 more levels after beating the game.

ive beat the game but do i start a new game, as it will over right my level progress as it just starts off on the last phase of the boss?
Sci0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:26 AM   #150
knight

Thanks a lot.Nice guide.
THAT two are too hard..
Kunoichi Straight Flush
Samurai Straight Flush

Easy to get 900/1000 ...
knight is offline   Reply With Quote