Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Afro Samurai
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-16-2009, 02:40 AM   #61
Vampiremax999

Send a message via Yahoo to Vampiremax999

MadNeko999's Gamercard
hey i just beat the game on normal and i uploaded all of it (i know i suck) but i hope this can help ppl if there stuck! http://www.youtube.com/user/MadNeko999

pixels
Vampiremax999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:50 AM   #62
ElderOmnivore

Send a message via AIM to ElderOmnivore

ElderOmnivore's Gamercard
Alright, I'm at the part where you have to throw those machines into the...machine. I know what you're supposed to do. I read the first few posts in this thread. I read the instructions that are in the game. However, I can't throw the people. I can't even grab them. I hold block, it blocks, I then immediately press and hold "A." All that happens is that he jumps up and then stands still. I even pressed forward while holding "A." All he did was jump over him. For some reason, I can't do it.

I shouldn't that I can't do it. I've done it once. I don't know what I did differently though. I also jumped on the guy one other time, but I was so shocked I actually did it that I forgot to throw the guy.

I've even done it in focus mode, but all that does is have him flip over the enemy.

I don't understand. It's pissing me off though. I've really enjoyed the game up to this point, but the fact that I'm obviously missing something easy to do is annoying.

So, I ask, what am I supposed to do besides hold "A?" Please, any help would be appreciated. I'm close to taking it out on my controller and I haven't done that since Ninja Gaiden II...Maybe it's a ninja thing.
ElderOmnivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:24 PM   #63
DemonI81
Banned User

vI Demon Iv's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
You don't hold block, you hit block at the right moment to parry the attack. This stuns them, then you can jump on them and throw them.
Just stand there, hitting block as fast as you can until one attacks and you parry. Then hit A, then A.
DemonI81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:47 PM   #64
ElderOmnivore

Send a message via AIM to ElderOmnivore

ElderOmnivore's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonI81 View Post
You don't hold block, you hit block at the right moment to parry the attack. This stuns them, then you can jump on them and throw them.
Just stand there, hitting block as fast as you can until one attacks and you parry. Then hit A, then A.
Yeah, I figured that out as soon as I got back to playing it. It dawned on me that I hadn't tried just parrying and then pouncing.

Posting here still helped though because that's what sparked the idea. It's funny how it works out like sometimes.

Thanks for your help though.
ElderOmnivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:45 PM   #65
DENDU7595:GT

DENDU7595's Gamercard
im stuck on the last friggin boss ( justice) ive tread for over 4 hours straight!!!
:P can anyone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DENDU7595:GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:53 PM   #66
NarrBitaYarr

NarrBitaYarr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENDU7595:GT View Post
im stuck on the last friggin boss ( justice) ive tread for over 4 hours straight!!!
:P can anyone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm also stuck at this jerk... doing it on hard and can't figure out a pattern or move that's hurting him...
Every time I think i'm doing well against him, he cheezes out on me and just keeps shooting until I drop, for some reason I can't block his shots anymore! Anyone who has it already done, please help. Any good strategies or moves against him?

thanks

EDIT: Just mopped the floor with him... I guess I just wasn't determined enough until I heard his speech the 50th time... ugh. Anyways, here's what I did -
Phase 1 - BLOCK as much as you can. Just blocking his gunfire and kicks will help you greatly.
- Hold dash + hit X, keep doing it when you are close to him, and do it until it connects, then unleash a focus + X move (or two) on him.
- Continue to block, and then use this method again. I barely got hit after I started doing it.
Phase 2 - Wait for it. After you get a good focus + X move off against one his his tree arms, run around until his quick attack is over. If you do this, you should full health when taking on his last form/move list.
- During his last form, blocking never really worked much for me, so I just tried until I landed a XXYYY combo on him, or hit him once with X, then focus + X, then focus + Y. He dropped in no time at all.

Hope this helps.

P.S. I <3 Rock Band!

My Rock Band Solo Scores
!

Last edited by NarrBitaYarr; 02-21-2009 at 09:29 PM.
NarrBitaYarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:29 PM   #67
Mosizzle313

Send a message via AIM to Mosizzle313

THlCK NECK's Gamercard
this helped so much!
Old 02-23-2009, 04:21 PM   #68
DemonI81
Banned User

vI Demon Iv's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderOmnivore View Post
Yeah, I figured that out as soon as I got back to playing it. It dawned on me that I hadn't tried just parrying and then pouncing.

Posting here still helped though because that's what sparked the idea. It's funny how it works out like sometimes.

Thanks for your help though.
No problem. I find that happens to me pretty often. I'm stuck, I finally get so irritated I come in and post, asking for help, then go back to playing and figure it out.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:14 AM   #69
v_thorne

Verkolac Thorne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I can't get past the second time you face 6 on Hard I can get around him the first time til the little cut scene, but then from the 2nd time on I have trouble. Sometimes I get past it and make it to the final 3rd part but then I absolutely can't get around him.

Any tips?
v_thorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:38 PM   #70
DemonI81
Banned User

vI Demon Iv's Gamercard

Just stay away and watch his attacks. Eventually you'll see which attack leaves him open the longest (still only a second). Then run in and focus charge Y attack. Run away, repeat.
Sorry I can't be more specific, I don't remember which attack it was exactly.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:11 PM   #71
v_thorne

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award   Gamer Chick!
That worked like a fucking charm. Thank you! I hadn't had any troubles up til him.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:23 PM   #72
SOW Camoflauge

SOW Camoflauge's Gamercard
hey, I feel like an idiot, im on lowdown past, and it keeps telling me to cut the ropes, is it the big rope at the bottom, cuz i have been hacking at the one forever, lol. Or do i have to go somewhere else, ive tried jumping everywhere, I don't see what it is that i have to do
SOW Camoflauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:31 AM   #73
SOW Camoflauge

nevermind i figured it out
Old 03-02-2009, 08:07 PM   #74
SOW Camoflauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyNarcotx86 View Post
Im stuck on the empty seven level on the middle area i cant get from the area where the bear is to the next platform iv tryed everything and cant get across if anybody can help me id really appreciate it. thx
I am at the same level and I can't figure it out either, i'll keep trying and send you a message unless you already figured it out then please send me one
Old 03-02-2009, 08:16 PM   #75
SOW Camoflauge

hey i figured it out, you have to go the opposite way of the momento, so when you get to the part where you would go for the momento, the wall jump, don't go that way turn around and you will see the place where you have to jump
Old 03-02-2009, 08:29 PM   #76
SOW Camoflauge

ok now i am at the empty seven story im fighting the boss from the right side lever, what am i supposed to do, block his bullets or reflect hem
Old 03-02-2009, 08:35 PM   #77
SOW Camoflauge

nvm i figured it out again
Old 03-03-2009, 10:00 AM   #78
ReflectingG0d

ReflectingG0d's Gamercard
You don't deflect the rockets, you gotta slice them; just hit y when the white beam gets to the end of your sword.
ReflectingG0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:03 AM   #79
v_thorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOW Camoflauge View Post
nvm i figured it out again
Dude oh my gawd please learn to use the "edit" button. Double posting isn't wanted here, and you just like... I don't even know what it's called posting.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:59 AM   #80
COLIN BOWELL

COLIN BOWELL's Gamercard
Quote:
For all the ninja waves I would just parry each attack then do a charged focus X attack on each one.
This is just not working for me on hard. I can parry their attacks (most of the time) but they still jump or duck my focus + X attack. Am I doing it wrong?

p.s. this game is ridiculous and I can't believe I'm even still playing it. I guess I really want those 200 points.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:21 AM   #81
v_thorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLIN BOWELL View Post
This is just not working for me on hard. I can parry their attacks (most of the time) but they still jump or duck my focus + X attack. Am I doing it wrong?

p.s. this game is ridiculous and I can't believe I'm even still playing it. I guess I really want those 200 points.
I found it really easy on Hard.
But anyway, during the ninja waves do B to kick one back to stun it, then Focus X. Pay attention to your aiming because you can get 2 or 3 at a time with it.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:53 PM   #82
SANZA

Send a message via MSN to SANZA

SANZA's Gamercard
ok im stuck on the empty seven story (3rd last level) where the ninjas and the larger samurai with the clan flags are (the second time ninja ninja appears in the level for body part poker) i've been working on this part for hours now and i've been blocking parrying dodging everything but they always seem to get the better of me and it makes me wanna snap the game in half lol sorry for the rant but i needed too lol can anyone help me with this?

add me for halo reach mlg scrimms gears of war 3 scrimms when gow 3 is out and for general online gaming
SANZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:04 PM   #83
Mosizzle313

Send a message via AIM to Mosizzle313

THlCK NECK's Gamercard
Quote:
I having trouble with the bazooka boss at the end of Lowdown. I have no problem reflecting bullets, but reflecting the rockets doesn't seem to work the same way.

EDIT: Don't mind me, I'm special in the head. I thought I had to deflect it back at the shooter, just started trying to cut it and am now progressing through the fight.
wait so what do you have to do? you have to horizontal slice the rocket or the grenades he throws? im lost haha i cant get passed this part.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:02 PM   #84
DemonI81
Banned User

vI Demon Iv's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosizzle313 View Post
wait so what do you have to do? you have to horizontal slice the rocket or the grenades he throws? im lost haha i cant get passed this part.
You have to cut the rockets.
Do this with a perfect vertical slice (focus as soon as he fires, hold Y immediately, wait until the light hits the tip of the blade, release Y)
Old 03-05-2009, 02:02 AM   #85
KillKraZd

KillKraZd's Gamercard
What is the best method for killing the 5 Samurais on the bridge at the end of The Dobbelgangers (or whatever it is) on hard? I have gotten past them once and I was so close to death the first strike from one of the ninjas killed me. This is coming from someone who has only been killed once against the bosses up to this part of the game on hard.. Samurais just seem to be my weakness.

KillKraZd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:05 AM   #86
xBLOODxSHOTx

xXSCaRFieLDxX's Gamercard
ah thanks demon that helped
Old 03-05-2009, 03:42 AM   #87
v_thorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANZA View Post
ok im stuck on the empty seven story (3rd last level) where the ninjas and the larger samurai with the clan flags are (the second time ninja ninja appears in the level for body part poker) i've been working on this part for hours now and i've been blocking parrying dodging everything but they always seem to get the better of me and it makes me wanna snap the game in half lol sorry for the rant but i needed too lol can anyone help me with this?
You know, if you look at my post right above yours I just explained it for the other guy..............
Old 03-05-2009, 08:57 PM   #88
KillKraZd

KillKraZd's Gamercard
Ugh, Kuma is so damn hard on hard!! I'm on the final fight and can get him unmasked without taking any damage but all the strategies I have read on killing him in the final form just isn't working. I know you're suppose to attack him once he hits the ground from jumping up in the air but still he usually blocks the attack. Even if I do manage to hit him it seems like it will take another 20mins of the same stuff and by then I have slipped up enough times while running in circles that he manages to kill me... Any suggestions?

EDIT: Nvm got him... still unsure how I beat him but I think a combo of frustration and luck did him in.

Last edited by KillKraZd; 03-06-2009 at 12:14 AM.
KillKraZd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:01 PM   #89
SANZA

Send a message via MSN to SANZA

SANZA's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_thorne View Post
You know, if you look at my post right above yours I just explained it for the other guy..............
cool v_thorne i want to try that unfortunately i had to take the game back to bb today but im gonna rent it again and finish the game off

add me for halo reach mlg scrimms gears of war 3 scrimms when gow 3 is out and for general online gaming
SANZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:46 PM   #90
H1gher Reflex

H1gher Reflex's Gamercard
So...who wants to come over to my house and beat Jinno on both difficulties for me?
H1gher Reflex is offline   Reply With Quote