PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Lord of the Rings: Conquest
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-24-2010, 06:18 AM   #1
oDD Reflex

Send a message via AIM to oDD Reflex

Odd Reflex's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Anti-Boosting group.

So tonight I was boosting LOTR with my buddy and we come across a random guy in our match who doesn't want to co-operate or leave. No big deal, we leave and start a different match. 2-3 matches later, a different GT joins, messages both of us about boosting but leaves. We finally get to the damn Shire level and a 3rd GT joins, grabs the ring and somehow manages to glitch and hide behind burning stone that is located behind the GOOD spawnpoint/base.

Sure enough he messages both of us "NO BOOSTING" then the other 2 GTs from before join in. This happens everytime we get to THE SHIRE level. These guys will switch teams and mostly used Assassins to stay invisible and kill you or grab the ring and roll all over the damn place!

We finally gave up but its so stupid that these guys sit around waiting for people to get to the Shire and mess up the match. I got bad reviews ofcourse and I'm sure probably got a complaint filed too!

The tags were Smite911, Canereaker and Nick F1280. Probably idiots who are LOTR die hard fans enough to know all the exploits and probably suck at other games.

/vent.

x360a Hit & Run boosters encountered :
1. Montrossity
2. Fizzy Bubblech9
3. x Eric DC x
oDD Reflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:20 AM   #2
I Orange I

I Orange I's Gamercard
I had to deal with them tonight as well. He has a couple of friends who he does this with.
I Orange I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:41 AM   #3
scud1888

scud1888's Gamercard
Thats a bit ridiculous given in 3 weeks the servers are gone. Im usually not keen on boosting games that can be done legit but when time (and in this case the game being crap) is a factor just let the people get their achievements and leave, wrecking it for them is just petty.

Ill keep an eye out for these clowns.

Pure Cannon Fodder

Completed: 54 Retail, 5 Arcade

http://www.trueachievements.com/Scud1888.htm
scud1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:18 AM   #4
Titanus Ferrum

Titanus Ferrum's Gamercard

I ran into them too. If enough of us can get together we can give em a bashing they will not forget.
Titanus Ferrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:10 PM   #5
oDD Reflex

Odd Reflex's Gamercard

Apparently there are/were CLANS for this game and these guys are/were associated with HOLLOWEEN Clan for LOTR I saw his friendlist and realized how deeply they're in love with this LOTR series.

Anyhow, seems quite a few of us dealt with these guys last night, hopefully don't see them tonight. I suggest Filing a complaint for "unsupporting" behaviour. I know Smite left me bad feedback b/c it went down immediately after I encountered him the first time.

1. Montrossity
2. Fizzy Bubblech9
3. x Eric DC x
Old 02-26-2010, 07:05 AM   #6
Titanus Ferrum

Titanus Ferrum's Gamercard

What I did was had a group of 4 people and 2 of us kept him busy while the other 2 went to buisness. Though Smite911 was the only one on from 10pm-4am.

I made him watch me as Frodo cary the ring in the shire. He went on the good side to try and stop me. The other 3 were on evil and focused on stomping him. It was quite funny after all the BS that guy caused me.

DO NOT try to talk to any of them, they will only reply with a simple no or no boosting. Even though there are plenty of open servers and he should mind his own fucking buisness.
Titanus Ferrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:52 AM   #7
Hitchman

hitchman1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 3   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
i ran into Smite911 also, but he seems to only be on latenight and early morning. i got on with some friends at 9am (central standard) and had no problems until 11am. after 11am lots of random people would enter our matches.

RROD #1 - 12/06/06, RROD #2 - 04/20/07, RROD #3 - 09/18/07, RROD #4 - 05/19/08

E 74 #1 - 07/07/09

click >here< for my list of games that need a boosting or co-op partner
Hitchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:07 PM   #8
oDD Reflex

Odd Reflex's Gamercard

There are a bunch of them, if someone joins your match they only have 2 reasons.

1. They are boosting as well and need the same achievement as you.
2. They are angry LOTR fans and don't want anyone to boost.

There are few others we ran into the next day : Menooover 13, xxx jenari xxx, Bomber N I S A, RonJons. etc.

If you look at thier Friendlist, you can see most of them are friends or in same clan, also reading thier Bio will definately give you a good laugh, poor kids are so sad the best game in thier lifetime is getting shutdown.

Anyhow, despite all these douchebags, 6 of us managed to finish all achievements in about 5 hours total.

1. Montrossity
2. Fizzy Bubblech9
3. x Eric DC x

Last edited by oDD Reflex; 02-26-2010 at 10:33 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:11 PM   #9
BigNasty2391

bignasty2391's Gamercard
why not just leave them bad feedback and avoid them. Ive had to do that with guys in left 4 dead who keep trying to jack up our boosting parties.

Kool-Aid Kills!!!
BigNasty2391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:18 PM   #10
ViVaGordito4evr

ViVaGordito4evr's Gamercard
How long does it take to boost online 'chievos with just 1 partner?

I really want to avoid these anti-boosters, so I'm trying to see if this will be feasible for me. Basically I'm thinking of boosting with a 2nd xbox and GT. It sounds like mornings are a good time to avoid these little fag anti-boosters, but I can only do this on Saturday/Sunday mornings and I know the servers are shutting down March 16th (and I'm out of town that previous weekend so I basically would have tomorrow morning and next weekend and that's it). So how long would it take just 1 on 1? If it's only a couple of hours I can get it done, but if takes more than 4 hours I probably can't. Would appreciate any feedback on this.
By the way, there is nothing I hate more than anti-boosters; I had to deal with so many of them when boosting COD3. They're also extremely hypocritical because they say boosters are "cheaters" yet they use glitches or even mod a game just so they can screw up boosting matches. I hate these little maggots and they really need to get a life!

Anti-boosters

Thanks for any tips on avoiding these little creeps.
Cheers,
ViVaGordito4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:54 PM   #11
scud1888

scud1888's Gamercard
anti boosting is getting ridiculous on this game now. the hardcore saddo's is one thing (as annoying as that thing is) but even some of the randoms if you tell them you are trying to boost and even invite them to join they just go out of their way to fuck it up for you, guy i was doing his witch king kills with some random joined, did next to nothing til my partners ninth kill then killed him.

Its ridiculous.

Pure Cannon Fodder

Old 03-01-2010, 05:31 PM   #12
Svenndarkheart

svenndarkheart's Gamercard
Just go to create match shire / cature the ring / AI off 1 friend invite. This is how i did it
Svenndarkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:37 PM   #13
Kunduz

Herr Karamell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Anti-boosting group, that's just silly. To dedicate one's life to prevent others from boosting, seems like a bunch of griefers to me. I hope they realise that they have to be on call 24/7, to prevent their "brilliant" master scheme from failing

Last edited by Kunduz; 03-01-2010 at 06:40 PM.
Kunduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:17 PM   #14
Isanox
Banned User

isanox's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Just ran into one myself. For the last 2 hours my son and I have been trying to play against each other. Every match he jumps in and disrupts it

-----

Gods dammit. SOB stole the ring for the FRODO achievment.
Then we were working on 25 melee kills. And someone logs as a thief and backstabs me constantly. Then another one logs in on my side and keeps killing my son. I finished at 24, he was at 20 or 21.
After the match he was taunting us over chat.

Last edited by Isanox; 03-02-2010 at 01:34 AM.
Isanox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:37 AM   #15
oDD Reflex

Odd Reflex's Gamercard

As I suggested earlier : FILE A COMPLAINT!

That means everyone in your party, even if its only 2 people file a complaint on that GamerTag and very soon these complaints will stack up.

1. Montrossity
2. Fizzy Bubblech9
3. x Eric DC x
Old 03-02-2010, 11:08 PM   #16
_DaNnY_

DaBlackAlbino's Gamercard
Bet they all live in their parents fucking basements.

SAD,SAD,SAD,SAAAAAD kids. Sometimes i wish I could hack. I would boot 'em all off LIVE for you guys.
_DaNnY_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:55 PM   #17
Law

Avisole's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oDD Reflex View Post
As I suggested earlier : FILE A COMPLAINT!

That means everyone in your party, even if its only 2 people file a complaint on that GamerTag and very soon these complaints will stack up.
Why would you file a complaint. We are the ones playing the game incorrectly, not them.

Just avoid them for game behavior or something and move on.
Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:43 PM   #18
e_bigworm

BigWorm2005GT's Gamercard

Pity there's people like that in the world. I don't get the mentality. If you don't like the way some people play the game, then, er, hang around with people who play it the way you do like it. Not a problem, and there's no reason to make someone's day a horrible one just because you don't agree with their gaming style.

All that said, I was able to boost up all the online achievements in two nights. Thanks, IceKiller! Didn't have too much hassle. Had one or two people jump in the session and not pay attention (or care) when we tried to tell them we were boosting. So, we simply exited out and went to a different server. No muss, no fuss.

Good luck, guys, I hope you have better results before the deadline. Hopefully, those nincompoops have gone elsewhere, so you can get your achievements in peace.

BW

20,000 GS - 24 Jan 2010
30,000 GS - 18 Apr 2010
40,000 GS - 22 Jul 2010
50,000 GS - ?
60,000 GS - 2 Sep 2011
70,000 GS - 17 Mar 2012
80,000 GS - 6 May 2013
e_bigworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:58 AM   #19
theOgrius

theOgrius's Gamercard

Managed to get it done but not from lack of this group trying. At one point we had 7 of them join our game. The annoying part was that they would follow you from game to game. I have to admit they were good at the game.

Currently Working On
Final Fantasy XIII-2 * Skyrim
theOgrius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:14 AM   #20
TimeConsumer156

Hey we could definetly do some Gears achieves on the xbox. Hit me up. Message me here or on xbox. TimeConsumer156
TimeConsumer156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:17 AM   #21
oDD Reflex

Odd Reflex's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
Why would you file a complaint. We are the ones playing the game incorrectly, not them.

It is it really that hard to understand why? Here, I will break it down for you in simple terms : THEY are coming into YOUR game, that YOU want to play as YOU seem fit. If it was the other way around then I'd understand your question (without a question mark ).

Also, if there were no other rooms/servers to join, then too I understand thier frustration. However if one's sole purpose is to follow others and intentionally try to cause chaos, then ofcourse a complaint is due, DUH!

For people that still haven't finished boosting this game, I would recommend having atleast 4 people minimum before trying to boost. As stated above, try to boost earlier in the day, it seems evening is the choice of timeslot for these guys. It takes roughly 4-5 hours to boost every online achievement.

1. Montrossity
2. Fizzy Bubblech9
3. x Eric DC x
Old 03-05-2010, 03:18 PM   #22
scud1888

scud1888's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by oDD Reflex View Post
It is it really that hard to understand why? Here, I will break it down for you in simple terms : THEY are coming into YOUR game, that YOU want to play as YOU seem fit. If it was the other way around then I'd understand your question (without a question mark ).

Also, if there were no other rooms/servers to join, then too I understand thier frustration. However if one's sole purpose is to follow others and intentionally try to cause chaos, then ofcourse a complaint is due, DUH!

Hes right though, they arent technically causing chaos, they are technically playing the game legit even if they are stopping people boosting achievements. If they start sending abusive texts its something you could file a complaint for. Its not OUR game its ea's servers so its their game and we are the ones not playing it as they see fit, thus it doesnt matter if they follow you to every server on the game, they arent breaking any rules by playing the multiplayer part of the game correctly, annoying as it proves to be.

Pure Cannon Fodder

Old 03-06-2010, 05:01 AM   #23
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Guide Team   Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
add

KingofSmurffs

to your lists and send bad reviews if you can, that guy was glitching in a gate in order to hold the ring from us.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:25 AM   #24
Smite911

Wow, this is sooo pathetic and sad. I truly pity you.

We were stopping you for fun and because we loved your little hate mails, boosters have such tempers.

Also, as for your comment about sucking at all other games, please name a game and I am sure I could beat you(if I have the game).

The reason why I pity you is the highlight of your life is the fact you can boost achievements. Also the fact you guys sit here saying how we have no life and live in our parents basements yet your the guys playing constantly just for achievements... see how unlogical your posts are?

Also, Odd I went behind the tree stump in the shire, you jump over the water and back around on the other side. Also for the guy who said I was on 10pm-4am, don't forget about timezones lol

but anyways, it was sooo nice of you guys to be so obsessed over us you made a thread about us, thats showing the love. :P

o and filing complaints? really? over us using a couple hours to stop you from boosting? that's hysterical.

Regards,
Smite.

also for the guy who I killed him when he was 1 kill away with the witch king, next time use a Rt-X-X-X-Y-Y-B-LBY-LBX it will get the job done a lot faster rather then using LBB over and over.

p.s. its Cain not Cane
Smite911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:29 AM   #25
Smite911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post

Thank you Law, I am glad someone noticed that
Old 03-06-2010, 07:38 AM   #26
D1gital X

Send a message via AIM to D1gital X Send a message via MSN to D1gital X

D1giTaL X's Gamercard
Can you still play LOTR Conquest online? I was told that they were shutting them down on the 1st

D1gital X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:02 PM   #27
Smite911

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1gital X View Post
Can you still play LOTR Conquest online? I was told that they were shutting them down on the 1st
it closes down on the 16th unless we get 1000 signatures here:
http://www.petitiononline.com/conquest/petition.html
Old 03-07-2010, 11:10 AM   #28
scud1888

scud1888's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smite911 View Post
it closes down on the 16th unless we get 1000 signatures here:
http://www.petitiononline.com/conquest/petition.html
You could get 10,000 and EA will still shut them down, its just not a very good game and hardly anyone is playing it. Still think its ridiculous they are closing them a year after release but it is EA were talking about, id be happy to sign the petition if I hadnt recieved dogs abuse from the community while trying to get the achievements in as non-obtrusive a way possible.

Pure Cannon Fodder

Old 03-07-2010, 04:30 PM   #29
Smite911

Quote:
Originally Posted by scud1888 View Post
You could get 10,000 and EA will still shut them down, its just not a very good game and hardly anyone is playing it. Still think its ridiculous they are closing them a year after release but it is EA were talking about, id be happy to sign the petition if I hadnt recieved dogs abuse from the community while trying to get the achievements in as non-obtrusive a way possible.
the game takes a lot more work then a lot of other online playing games do, modern warfare for example. also if you were willing to actually take the time and learn how to play, you could have gotten those achievements easy.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:09 AM   #30
oDD Reflex

Odd Reflex's Gamercard

Smite, its not that the achievements are very tough to get, its just with the servers closing soon, everyone wants to get them done asap. So when you think you are messing with someone for fun, you're wasting thier time, specially if the game is rented like in my case. If I had encountered you agian the 2nd day, I definately would have filed a complaint.

Also, like Scud said, you can have X amount of sigs, it doesn't matter, this isn't the first or last game petition with EA.

1. Montrossity
2. Fizzy Bubblech9
3. x Eric DC x