Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-19-2006, 03:45 PM   #31
dnut24
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to dnut24

FLXONYA's Gamercard
well i've helped my friends beat it on hard core in no time. we're playing insane now. if you see me invite me and i'll whopp his ass for you.
dnut24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:18 PM   #32
Schloob

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnut24 View Post
well i've helped my friends beat it on hard core in no time. we're playing insane now. if you see me invite me and i'll whopp his ass for you.
Thanks, I may definitely take you up on that offer dnut.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:16 AM   #33
mrsnugglesalot69

t0k3s42o's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Rainbow Six Winner
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schloob View Post
Thanks, I may definitely take you up on that offer dnut.
hey if ur still having trouble, send me a FR n ill get on and ill help u whoop his a$$
mrsnugglesalot69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 05:33 PM   #34
WyldthingUK

Vvoxx's Gamercard
"Alright, I have been able to go through the entire game on Insane solo. Not very easy but it is doable but frustrating. Now I am at my wits end trying to beat the General as most of you know is hard enough in Co-op."

I know your pain, I've gone through on Insane without too much trouble (few sticky points but nothing infuriating) and now I just can't kill RAAM. I'm gonna give it a few more goes and then I think I'll be asking for some co-op help also
WyldthingUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:53 PM   #35
Wet Factory

Wet Factory's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gears of War Tournament Winners
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
im in the same crap. insane was doable but raam on insane is really insane. Im going to be on tonight if anyone wants some help doing this and in turn can help me out also.

Wet Factory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:01 AM   #36
TheIcemanCometh

Send a message via ICQ to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via AIM to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via MSN to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via Yahoo to TheIcemanCometh

TheIcemanCometh's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Wet Factory and I just got the job done. I tried solo for 2 1/2 hours and couldn't do it. We did it in co-op in 45 minutes. Still a b*tch with two people.

Thanks Factory!
Xbox Community Developer Program (XCDP) member. Please do not message or IM me asking for access to or sharing of my access. The XCDP is currently closed and is not accepting new members at this time.
TheIcemanCometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:57 AM   #37
Skillet

Send a message via MSN to Skillet

Skillet x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
I've killed him on Hardcore...only after finding out that explosives make the nasty Kryll fly away. I used the Torque Bow and the Longshot. though the Longshot isn't a gun I'd normally use in GoW, I decided to give it a shot.

For some reason, I found a glitch...he defeated Dom within seconds and came after me, but he ran into Dom and the idiot was too stupid to step around him. So he was hung up trying to walk on top of Dom and for some reason, he didn't shoot very much. By the time I killed him though, I was out of Torque Bow ammo and on my last grenade.

I simply yelled "BONED!" when it was over.

Read them.... apply them.

Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:15 AM   #38
Schloob

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsnugglesalot69 View Post
hey if ur still having trouble, send me a FR n ill get on and ill help u whoop his a$$
Proof is in the gamerpic , thanks again for your help in defeating that bastard tonight. When we finally killed him it was definitely in a blaze of glory.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:17 AM   #39
Schloob

To anyone else on here, I would definitely be willing to help you out if I am online and not doing anything else. Send me a FR and a quick message just saying you need to beat Raam and hopefully we can get it done.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:50 PM   #40
Wet Factory

Wet Factory's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gears of War Tournament Winners
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Much thanks to the ICEMAN! We just finished RAAM on insane yesterday. Best way to finish him was to torque bow the kryll to get them off and then lob grenades. After the grenades RAAM fell soon afterward.

Wet Factory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:15 PM   #41
TheIcemanCometh

Send a message via ICQ to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via AIM to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via MSN to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via Yahoo to TheIcemanCometh

TheIcemanCometh's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schloob View Post
Proof is in the gamerpic , thanks again for your help in defeating that bastard tonight. When we finally killed him it was definitely in a blaze of glory.
Congrats !!!!
Xbox Community Developer Program (XCDP) member. Please do not message or IM me asking for access to or sharing of my access. The XCDP is currently closed and is not accepting new members at this time.
TheIcemanCometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 02:57 PM   #42
dnut24
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to dnut24

FLXONYA's Gamercard
i dont know if i'm lucky or just got his number. i had beating g-ramm on hardcore alone and helped others do it on co-op. last night i got on it on insane with a buddy and destroyed him the 3rd try, took less the 5 minutes total. here's the way i found it to be real easy. modified a bit from my previous hard core version.

one person needs to keep a torque bow from the begining of train and stock up on bows. the other will need a snipper. also the perosn with the torque should aslo equip a long shot. hide behind barracade, have the bow person shoot him to get kryll away and then sniper him in the face. you need to get at least 2 shoots per torque hit. when he gets to left side of train you'll have more time, thats when the bow person needs to switch to sniper and unload. by the time he reaches the barracades before yours both of you need to switch to grenades and do a no-look lob over his way with all 4 grenades, total 8. if you shot him enough times before your 3 or 4th grenade goes off he'll be dead.

on a side note, how did people know about the gamer pic? i never got any indications of such when beating it and if it wasnt for reading it i wouldve never known. like when i beat UMK3 it told me i got a gamer pic.
dnut24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 02:10 PM   #43
charlie_m1

bpg keyser soze's Gamercard
lmao you dont really need any special shit. just keep shooting the mofo. when he gets near you run. repeat.

charlie_m1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 05:28 AM   #44
coolwhitedeluxe

coolwhitedeluxe's Gamercard
This is how I beat him on single-player, and it didn't take hardly any attempts once I realized I could do it this way:
Blast away with the lancer while the kryll are circling him, then snipe at his face when the kryll disperse. Be sure to stay covering behind that first barricade. Keep repeating this strategy until he gets really close to your cover. When he's practically about to walk around the side of your barricade (really close but still on the other side of it), toss your 4 grenades, then cover again and hit him with a ton of lancer blind-fire from your cover.

That gameplan worked perfect for me. If you didn't hit him enough times with the sniper or the grenades before he's about to come around the corner of your cover, attempt to climb over your cover and run to the other end and repeat my strategy from the beginning.

Good luck!
Looking to boost in: Mortal Kombat, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Black Ops. Send me a message over Xbox Live if you'd be interested. I'm online intermittently but can try to adjust my schedule for you if needed.

Please send me a message before you send me a friend request online, thanks.
coolwhitedeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 02:24 PM   #45
Basackward

Basackward's Gamercard
Maybe I'm just not as fast as I once was! I can't seem to beat his ass on insane. Anyone willing to assist me in this one? Thanks in advance!
Basackward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 05:05 PM   #46
Zef

Torn Volk's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Silver   Word of Mouth   Member of the Month
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Not sure whether there was some kind of glitch on this level, but when I finished the game on co-op we took RAAM down with two clips of lancer ammo and two grenades, headshots without any Kryll to be exact, between us.

Whenever I try and use the troika the kryll always finish me off so that is usually a no-no, but first time using the blitzkrieg tactic worked a treat.
Zef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 02:25 AM   #47
Lord_Satorious

Send a message via ICQ to Lord_Satorious Send a message via AIM to Lord_Satorious Send a message via Yahoo to Lord_Satorious

Lord Satorious's Gamercard
Arrow

I just beat the game on Casual difficulty (solo all the way through), but I defeated all the bosses on Hardcore. I managed to kill General RAAM with the Longshot and frag grenades; no TorqueBow, no Lancer. I didn't get all heatshots, and chucked a single grenade at him, and dropped rest when he got close, then I ran to the other side of the train, took some more shots, ran back the other way again, and finally killed him after about a dozen Longshot rounds. Took me only two tries to get it right. The boss fights in this game aren't really too tough. I'm going to play the game all the way through on Hardcore difficulty, although as I understand it, the normal enemies have like twice the HP as Casual difficulty!

My most hated part of the game was definitely the driving bit, maybe it would've been easier in Co-op. Securing that pumping station at the end of Act 3 was tough too. And escaping from Fenix Manor in Act 4 (past the two Boomers), that was a pain in the ass.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:23 AM   #48
Mike999

Mike9991's Gamercard
definitely the hardest part of the game to me was the end of act 3 on insane, where you have to rush the drilling station to plant the bomb, and meet the theron gaurds for the first time. It sucks because the checkpoint is way the hell back before you see the station, and it takes a ton of time to retry.

For the end of act 4 when escaping the boomers on insane, this is what I did.

As soon as you get out, hide behind the first ledge and kill one of the boomers with a long shot asap, you should be able to drop him before he even starts walking towards you.

A hole will open up by the APC and some drones and a sniper or two will come out after a little while.

Run to the other side of the courtyard opposite the boomer, and move up about midway through the courtyard. Pick off the sniper and blind kill some drones until the 30 second timer comes up. When it comes up, kill the boomer and rush the apc. hopefully you killed enough of the drones that you can get to the APC without dying, because from close range, 2 shots = dead.
Mike999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:34 AM   #49
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
So I got sent to Malaysia and naturally I took my 360 with me...but the hotel firewall won't let me connect to xbox live. I can connect at work, but it is a pain to take the whole deal over there, through security, hook it up, blah blah blah. So I haven't yet played on live with GOW (got it the day before I came over here) but I just beat it on Hardcore! Woo-hoo!

Insane comes next....for me, at the end of act 4 on Hardcore, I didn't kill a single grub, just ran to one side until both boomers were on the same side as I, then hot tailed it back across the initial starting area and hauled ass down to the APC. Didn't fire a shot.

I think the drilling station was what I spent the most time on.

Great game so far, can't wait to try the live stuff. Maybe tomorrow.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:37 AM   #50
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
Dang it, I got distracted, I was actually posting about General RAAM. Took me four or five tries, and all I used was the long shot. I don't claim to be a great shot, so I would say no head shots, but fewer than ten shots total including two that I know missed. I switched sides of the train twice, and Dom went down as I was going back to the starting position. I kept telling him to regroup to keep him alive as a distraction as long as possible, worked pretty well.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 04:15 AM   #51
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Emerald   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Creech View Post
Dang it, I got distracted, I was actually posting about General RAAM. Took me four or five tries, and all I used was the long shot. I don't claim to be a great shot, so I would say no head shots, but fewer than ten shots total including two that I know missed. I switched sides of the train twice, and Dom went down as I was going back to the starting position. I kept telling him to regroup to keep him alive as a distraction as long as possible, worked pretty well.
You can edit your post with the "Edit" post at the bottom of the first one, for next time...

Raam is actually Super Easy once you get to know him...

Couple torque Bows, Couple of Distractions, and a couple of grenades up the ass, and he's gone....

Me and my friends did Insane against raam in 4 tries or 5 minutes....
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 04:17 AM   #52
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Couple of distractions? What do you mean by that?

Marge: Have you noticed any change in Bart
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: Noooo... He looks like something maybe disturbing him
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses
Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.
Marge: That's not what I meant!
Homer: It was Marge, admit it.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 04:21 AM   #53
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Emerald   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Me and my Friend were hiding behind the first block by where you start after the cinematic...

Once he got a little closer I told him to just start running to the other side... Once raam changes his focus to him, You can easily Stick him, than the focus will be on you, your friend sticks him, and so on.. He should be gone if you got a couple torques on him before that...
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:49 PM   #54
JonnyC VT

Jonny x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Bright Idea   Member of the Month   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Yeah, so I'm at the final battle with RAAM on Insane. Up to this point, I'm pretty pleased with myself for getting this far without assistance (and as mentioned before, act 3 drilling station...tough stuff). Well, I made the mistake of not picking up the torque bow earlier in the train and now I'm armed with 4 grenades and the choice of the Longshot, Lancer, or Shotgun.

So I sat at home and tried this for about an hour (and they were really quick tries, since I would die so easily) but to no avail. I just couldn't even hurt him. The first time through I played the game co-op with a friend, and it was only a few attempts and he was gone. Without RAAM distracted by another foe, it is quite "Insane" for lack of a better word (funny since I'm on Insane difficulty...). I run out of the 4 grenades quickly and after that I've got nothing explosive to blow away his shield of kryll.

If someone has tackled this alone, on Insane, and without the torque bow, let them speak now...You will save me from many a tears.

Love, Jon

JonnyC VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:52 PM   #55
trotpntbll

Send a message via AIM to trotpntbll

II ERRONEOUS II's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrizzle22 View Post
Yeah, so I'm at the final battle with RAAM on Insane. Up to this point, I'm pretty pleased with myself for getting this far without assistance (and as mentioned before, act 3 drilling station...tough stuff). Well, I made the mistake of not picking up the torque bow earlier in the train and now I'm armed with 4 grenades and the choice of the Longshot, Lancer, or Shotgun.

So I sat at home and tried this for about an hour (and they were really quick tries, since I would die so easily) but to no avail. I just couldn't even hurt him. The first time through I played the game co-op with a friend, and it was only a few attempts and he was gone. Without RAAM distracted by another foe, it is quite "Insane" for lack of a better word (funny since I'm on Insane difficulty...). I run out of the 4 grenades quickly and after that I've got nothing explosive to blow away his shield of kryll.

If someone has tackled this alone, on Insane, and without the torque bow, let them speak now...You will save me from many a tears.

Love, Jon
There is a torque bow in the last cart. I don't think like anyone knows about it because no one mentions is....ever. Anyway across from the sniper like in the dark near one of the windows...look around it respawns and such.
trotpntbll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 12:02 AM   #56
Shaaady Souljah

Send a message via AIM to Shaaady Souljah

Shady x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Doom Tournament - 2nd Place   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrizzle22 View Post

Love, Jon

It takes a very long while, BUT is do-able. I went with the snipe and lancer. I wouldn't even waste ammo on him when he had kryll on him, i would wait for the raven (helicopter) to take them off of him. OR, use my 4 grenades until they were gone to scare the kryll. And then unload with the sniper from the first concrete block. If he got too close, I would blindfire with lancer until he tried comin around one of the sides of the concrete. And then i would haul ass to the opposite similar concrete block and repeat. Took about 20-30 minutes i would guess when i finally got him. (after a lot of failed attempts which took many hours...)

I later helped a friend on co-op and we got it first try with bow/lancer & snipe/lancer. He just ran to opposite side & we rotated hittin him with the big stuff... WAY easier with a 2nd person.
Shaaady Souljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 03:47 AM   #57
JonnyC VT

Jonny x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Bright Idea   Member of the Month   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Yep...just got it, thanks for the help.

And yes, as posted before there is a torque bow in the cable car that you respawn in after dying. Good advice, and now we're 60 points higher!

Thanks again.

JonnyC VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 11:50 PM   #58
DIGGDOUG

DIGGDOUG's Gamercard
On Insane mode pick up the torque bow and get ur friend to grab the Longshot or vice versa. Both of you hide behind the first middle obstacle. 6 hits with the torque bow and hits with the longshot just after as the kryll get blown away after the explosions. You should have used up your bow just as he starts walking back to the middle (since he walks to the far left for a while). Then a few minutes of machine guns. If he gets close to u(which he will) sneak round the other side of the obstacle from him and sprint up to the other end of the carriage and jump over the obstacle again. Continuosly shoot him with your machine gun from there and he will gradually walk back towards you.He wont make it back to u he will die before he gets to you. Just make sure to duck when you're injured or when the Kryll fly toward u and DO NOT go up either side of the carriage stay in the middle well lit section. Stay out of the dark.
DIGGDOUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 07:54 PM   #59
chicken a boom

chicken a boom's Gamercard
Smile thx

this helped me a lot finnaly i beat it yes
chicken a boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:51 PM   #60
Cyrex

Send a message via AIM to Cyrex Send a message via MSN to Cyrex Send a message via Yahoo to Cyrex

Sledge x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
my brother and i played this on hardcore and insane and beat it, bro would use the torque bow and i woul use the sniper, 3 torque bow shots to the head and 2 sniper kills him on insane and its the same on hardcore..... i think
Cyrex is offline   Reply With Quote