Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-12-2007, 02:36 AM   #91
Chuppernicus

chuppernicus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Ramm on insane is tough.
I'd say grab a friend and each have a tourqe bow and one of you have the sniper ( play through the last chapter and get the bow in the early part of the stage) One guy hits him with the bow and the other hits him in the head with the sniper. As long as you don't go down, go into cover when you start to get hit bad, Ramm never comes near you. He's close to being dead when the side gates drop on him. I ran out of sniper once and we finished him with the tourqe bow. I used blind shots on him in desperation. The 3 times I've beat him he would just stand there ( as long as we kept the pressure on )and let us nail him with torque bow to clear the krill and a Perfect reloaded sniper to the head. I tried to chainsaw him to, not a good idea.

-Insert something creative here-
( that doesn't include stats that no one really cares about or some poorly photoshop'd image with your name stuck in it. )

Chuppernicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:30 PM   #92
darkXhawk

muffinhunter 32's Gamercard
General RAMM on Insane

Ok this seems almost impossible. All I need is to defeat him and I will have beaten the game on all settings. I've tryed so many times to do this its crazy. Even co-op, still no luck. At first I was using the Sniper but after watching the video strategy, I switched to the Bow, which seems to help a little, but not enough to kill him. I had no problem with this fight on Casual or Hardcore. This is the first time I've gotten stuck in this game. Any advice or if someone would like to help me out online sometime, that would be great.
darkXhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:45 PM   #93
Buttcheeks

TrX Cheeks's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gears of War Annex Challenge Winners   Gears of War Tournament Winners   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
There is another thread started about getting help with General Raam. Try to do a search next time since this will almost certainly be moved to that thread.

If you need help with Raam send me a FR and make sure you have a tourque bow i can use. It may take us a few trys but i can help you finish it. I will be online today around noon est giving out the viruses for Carbon but i can switch to Gears and help you out. Just try to be on as early as possible because the Bears are on at 3 and i'm not missing that game.
Buttcheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:13 PM   #94
DJzero

DJ zero 1980's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
RAAM & turret/troika?

Well, hopefully this doesn't get merged, but we'll see.

I've seen people talk about using the turret in the big RAAM thread and even seen mention of it in OXM. But everytime I've tried to use it, the kryll kill me. Is there some trick to this? Are there certain times that the turret is in light or something?
Old 01-21-2007, 07:14 PM   #95
Zef

Torn Volk's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Silver   Word of Mouth   Member of the Month
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I don't think it is ever in light, plus it isn't that good a tactic to use anyway.

Grenades and Torque Bow shots are the way to go, and charged sniper headshots too.
Zef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:34 PM   #96
Shaaady Souljah

Send a message via AIM to Shaaady Souljah

Shady x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Doom Tournament - 2nd Place   Submit - Bronze
yeah, every time i tried the turret as an alternate route, i died either by kryll or raam unloading on me.

definitely make sure your strategy incorporates torque bow and/or sniper, and you should be fine.
Shaaady Souljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:47 PM   #97
Zef

Torn Volk's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Silver   Word of Mouth   Member of the Month
Epic should have created some kind of flare grenades to use against Kryll. They give you an area of light for a short time and can stun enemies like flash bangs if they are too close to the original explosion.

They would be rare pickups but would do wonders on this level.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:43 PM   #98
DJzero

DJ zero 1980's Gamercard

I know it's not a great strategy, I'm just wondering. I've seen enough references to it, it can't just be a rumor, can it?

I'm more of a Torque Bow, Sniper shot, repeat person. Mostly I was just asking since I only see this mentioned on occasion.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:11 PM   #99
Wiggum

Send a message via AIM to Wiggum

DpX Wiggums's Gamercard
Yea whenever i try to use the troika, RAAM just turns around and owns me and then i die.
Wiggum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:14 PM   #100
graemelunn

kotor legend's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Score League First Place, Season 3   Gamer Score League, MVP, Season 3   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 2   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I'm a Torquebow and Lancer combo bloke myself...
Old 01-21-2007, 10:07 PM   #101
DBond5

DBond5's Gamercard
Ive once done this in co-op, as I distracted RAAM, my mate ran over to the Troika and unloaded on him while I tried to keep RAAM from turning towards him.
DBond5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:31 PM   #102
ac2565
Banned User

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Why is this stickied?
ac2565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:00 PM   #103
Zef

Torn Volk's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac2565 View Post
Why is this stickied?
It got merged, it should have been in this thread anyway so the mods/admins assimilated it into the big thread.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:45 AM   #104
DJzero

DJ zero 1980's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac2565 View Post
Why is this stickied?
Because lots of people talk about this...
Old 01-22-2007, 06:22 AM   #105
jstrichard12

jstrichard94's Gamercard
well first you might need a partner because dom dies alot doesnt he,anyway just use the snipe and torque and shotgun its the best
jstrichard12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 08:08 PM   #106
DJzero

DJ zero 1980's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstrichard12 View Post
well first you might need a partner because dom dies alot doesnt he,anyway just use the snipe and torque and shotgun its the best
Actually, Dom dying can help. I have experienced the "RAAM can't walk past the downed Dom" thing. And I've had times when RAAM still paid some attention to the downed Dom if he was across the map from me. In my experience, it's just a matter of "keep trying until he happens to go down"...
Old 01-29-2007, 07:05 AM   #107
Camro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldthingUK View Post
Interesting that you can kill him with normal weapons possibly as I used 10 torque bow shots which are really powerful but he didn't die. I am wondering if the Kryll protect him when they circle him and that you have to shoot him when he is in the light?

All the other bosses had weak spots so I am sure Ramm must have one
I think it's his head.
Camro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:05 PM   #108
Layser

Sorry cause i havn't read the full post but...

You need a Torque bow for a start. Then either a Shotgun or Lancer... Longshot can work but on the harder modes where he guns your head off in a split second it's not really practical.

What i do is as soon as the game gets going, run around the concrete block infront of you and to the 2nd concrete block on the right at the end of the cart your on... Imediatly lean around the right hand side and get a Torque arrow into him, fast reload and then another into his head. If your lucky you can get another one in before the Krill come back. Then fire another and he should just be entering the cart your on... Blind throw 4 grenades to the right aiming for the side so they bounce and explode underneath RAAM. Then when he stands on the other side of the block your taking cover behind run back and around the dark side of the first block and keep firing a Torque arrow... Then pumping him with whatever lead you have and so on. Or you can just keep hitting him with arrows. If you do this on insane though you will run out before he dies. On hardcore is fine.

When i did him on insane i had 3 arrows and 4 shells left in my shotgun and he still stood... So arrow... Shells still standing, 2 arrows left... Luckily got the 2nd arrow into him then quickly reloaded and got my last bit of ammo square into his head and BOOM! he went down.

So yeah the general gist is you can sort of bug him where he stays behind the 2nd block if your lucky and doesn't come looking for you. just make sure you never stand in the dark and run through it very quickly.

Good luck.
Layser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 02:07 AM   #109
zOwnerofallz

On casual I just took him out with normal gun, no problem
zOwnerofallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 05:45 PM   #110
Beach 3214

Send a message via MSN to Beach 3214

Beach 3214's Gamercard
Casual piece of piss,
Hardcore hard but not unbeatable,
Then came Insane, after about 15 go's it became a task. So I called in help from a friend it still took a while but it was do able once agafin. Basically what I did was use the torque bow to get the bats off him then we would both use the Lancer with a perfect active reaload to pumle his head, this took a while. He managed to come all the way to the first pillar with the light so we had to run up to the other side to the other pillar and then do it again. Took about 8 torque bow hits and about 16 active reload clips (between us) aimed at the head. But did the job.

May not be the best stratagy but works for anyone who does'nt have a friend whos great with the sniper.

Good luck to everyone else
Beach 3214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 07:38 PM   #111
happysox

Boss Vos's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Donator - Level 1
I haven't beat him on insane but he was a turd on Hardcore. I am not looking forward to getting to him again but thanks for all the advice.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:43 PM   #112
The Driver

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...A2l2Hx5bgKvTbX

show's you how to kill him
The Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 05:59 PM   #113
machII

machiifighter's Gamercard
I've done on insane and me and a friend just attacked him with the weapons provided at the start of the checkpoint. I went for the head with a long shot when the kryll went for us and my friend used the torque bow mainly because it does damage and scatters the kryll in the air. then when RAAM got close we both swapped to lancer and sprayed him infinitely, if hes not dead by the time he reaches you run to the other side and repeat. lobbing frags every now and then will stop him temporary and he will stand still. good luck killing!
machII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:00 PM   #114
Nitro`

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldthingUK View Post
Hi, I am having some difficulties killing General Raam on Hardcore setting. I think I have to use the turret to shoot him and I think I have actually seen the scene where he dies, but I got killed by Kryll at exactly the same point and got pushed back to the checkpoint.

Basically, couple of questions; do you have to shoot him with the turret to kill him? Does it matter if the Kryll are surrounding him? Does shooting him beforehand (with the torque bow) do any helpful damage?

Thanks for any help!
do you have to shoot him with the turret to kill him?- No, I never used it because the kryll can get to you there.
Does it matter if the Kryll are surrounding him?- Yes, you won't be able to kill him, in order to get the Kryll off him just shoot with your Torque Bow on him
Does shooting him beforehand (with the torque bow) do any helpful
damage?- Yes, if there are no Kryll on him, it's very easy to kill him ( shoot him on the head offcourse!

On a side note:
Throwing grenades to him kills him very fast!
Nitro` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:11 PM   #115
ac2565
Banned User

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
How does torque bowing to the head be more effective than bowing to the body?
ac2565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 02:32 AM   #116
Ceb

The easiest way I found to beat RAAM on insane with a friend is for both of you to have the torque bow and long shot. If you pick up everything in the car before RAAM it all comes back so you can both stock up on long shot ammo and torque bow ammo. To kill RAAM one person uses bow, other snipes head after the kryll are off. Once the first person is out of bow, you switch roles and he will die very fast, he wont even make it to you before he dies.
Ceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:57 PM   #117
RickJames

I've only played the game in solo and completed Casual & Hardcore, but used the same tactic. Take cover and use the sniper rifle with RAAM at distance. When Dom gets killed (which seems to be quicker & quicker!) and RAAM moves forward use the lancer. When RAAM is on opposite side of barrier, just blind fire the crap outta him, you can get around 3/4 clip into him everytime. If he moves round, jump the barrier and roadie run to the otherside & repeat.
RickJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:13 PM   #118
ScottEvil30

ScottEvil x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
using the video method i solo'd raam on insane in approx 3 minutes.
ScottEvil30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:26 PM   #119
Illution

Send a message via AIM to Illution Send a message via MSN to Illution Send a message via Yahoo to Illution

KoaBD Arizonas's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Doom Tournament - 1st Place
3 min.. Nice. My first time playing RAAM and me and my friend killed him in about.... 50 seconds.

Check out my movie reviews! http://www.tumblr.com/blog/joehawleywood

Illution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:44 PM   #120
Mingledon

BilkEmDanno's Gamercard
Still can't get Live connected. Fucking Ethernet. Probably will have to buy even more things to be able to connect wirelessly. Until then, I'm solo. The fight is too difficult on solo, since the "sharp" A.I. doesn't do shit. Gah. I keep getting massacred by his huge gun. I tried to hide behind the pipes and torque him to get the kryll off. Then, I torque him again for damage. The kryll come back, rinse repeat. He comes close and then I run as fast as I can to the other end. I unloaded on him with the turret and then he killed me.

G'damned.
Mingledon is offline   Reply With Quote