Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-20-2007, 02:00 AM   #121
_Spork the Boat_

Send a message via MSN to _Spork the Boat_

Spork the Boat's Gamercard
I was havin trouble killin RAAM onthe insan difficulty but the way i did it was mainly with the shotgun. I took cover at the start point whilst he was comin closer i used the Torque Bow until he ws close enough for me to use my Grenades. Once he was right up my ass was a case of poppin shotty over cover and blind firing him (birdies leave alot randomly when he is so close). when he was coming round to my cover side i jumped over and got right back into cover (the dumbass dont shoot over cover instead he walks round). After 3 or 4 cycles of this crap he fell i mean it took me ages to do but once i got into this technique took me minutes.
_Spork the Boat_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:50 AM   #122
Mingledon

BilkEmDanno's Gamercard
Popped the muthafucka'.

Now I'm starting on Hardcore. Wish me luck.
Mingledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:32 AM   #123
II DEVIANT II

Finally, just beat RAAM and all the acts on insane solo. That was pretty rough on some parts of the game.. Bout time I finally did it.
II DEVIANT II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:35 PM   #124
d00mgaze

Clockeye's Gamercard
i just read the last 2 pages here and nobody mentioned the easy RAAM glitch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRWyuK22dJQ#GU5U2spHI_4

how i beat him on insane too
d00mgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:11 PM   #125
jock_o69

Dirty Sombrero's Gamercard
It's a lot easier with a buddy on live!

"The object of war is not to die for your country. . . it's to make the other bastard die for his"

jock_o69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:14 PM   #126
MarkP

General Ramm

Hello everyone this is my first post and im after a little help. Im stuck on Gears Of War any tips on how to defeat General Ramm? PLEASE
MarkP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:17 PM   #127
Rocket

x2x rocket x2x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Member of the Month   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkP View Post
Hello everyone this is my first post and im after a little help. Im stuck on Gears Of War any tips on how to defeat General Ramm? PLEASE

1. This should be in the Gears of War section.
2. Do it on CO OP, its really really simple that way. One of you have the Sniper, the other the torque bow...
3. Stay in the light, if RAMM comes near you, move away, but always stay in the light...
Old 03-14-2007, 03:29 PM   #128
MarkP

Going Solo

Its great advice to go at Ramm in co-op, but im trying to defeat him on my own and im really stuggling help me please
MarkP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:42 PM   #129
P1NSEEKER

Send a message via MSN to P1NSEEKER

p1nseek3r's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 5   SOTF Winner   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth
See this thread:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ad.php?t=12310

Old 03-15-2007, 03:33 PM   #130
xFMJxCOMMANDERx

xFMJxCOMMANDERx's Gamercard
2do this make sure u have full ammo of shotgun torque bow grenades now enter the last room where ramm is. as soon as u enter take cover, you will not need 2 move from this cover. blindfire your torque bow and as its about 2 relese aim it at ramm and fire, recharge torque bow while in cover same process.if ramm starts 2get 2 close use grenades and blindfire your shotgun do all this whiles in cover if ramm makes his way round 2 u just jump over your covering wall and take cover at the same wall and repeat blindfire your shotgun do this untill dead
xFMJxCOMMANDERx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 01:21 PM   #131
MrTeeves

xPUSHOVER's Gamercard
me and a friend were playing on insane and killed him with 24 torque bow shots and a few grenades, he died in like 30 seconds. Just save your torque bow and lay him to waste at the end.
MrTeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:41 PM   #132
avengerRPM

avengerRPM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
should i be fed up?? im on insane, and have tried this basically every way i can think of except with the shot gun. i have tried alone, co-op, over and over and over. today, i spent almost 3 hours with a friend, and that was ALOT of attempts.

i feel like i should jsut give up, but i love this game sooo much that i want to have beaten it completely.

do i keep up the fruitless futile attempts, or give up and go on with something else...?

Retail 1000+'s: 16 games
Currently Playing: Gears 2, Forza 4, MW3
Send me a message if you want to help me with any Gears 2 boosting achievements! Thanks!
avengerRPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:54 PM   #133
Curtis

Currrtissss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Dude, send me an inv and I'll do it first time with you.

x
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:29 PM   #134
avengerRPM

avengerRPM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
well curtis, we got it to work, haha, but it was DEFINATELY NOT the first try. lol.

for anyone who cares, the way it worked (on Insane difficulty) was just to hang back at the first block and hit Raam with torqu bow after torqu bow. and then when he came all the way to us, he just walked back and forth in front of the block and we lancered and torqued him with blindfire. the torque bow is pretty simple to blind fire, even into his head.

good luck to all. and anyone who wants help i am free to be hit up with a message and/or friend request.

Retail 1000+'s: 16 games
Currently Playing: Gears 2, Forza 4, MW3
Send me a message if you want to help me with any Gears 2 boosting achievements! Thanks!
avengerRPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:59 PM   #135
Curtis

Currrtissss's Gamercard

Best way to do it is to get him stuck on that block thing, but he wasn't staying there at the time so... Thats kinda why it didn't happen the first time, But it didn't take us over an hour to do it.

x
Old 04-03-2007, 01:18 AM   #136
Cross Fire

Cross Fire 214's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
the trick me and my friend used was right after the cut scene you take cover behind the blocks infront of you, one person needs a torque bow and the other needs a sniper (prefered) or lancer. when the person with the torque bow hits him the kryll should leave RAAM exposed and this is when the buddy with the sniper or lancer fills her with lead (aim for he head with the snipe and lancer). rinse and repeat and you should be able to take her down before she reaches you at the blocks. it really takes teamwork and timing to get it down packed but this is by far the most effective way to take her down even for insane (by the way this is the method we used when we were going through on insane)

A search engine that rewards $$ (gamestop gift cards) try it out! Help me out by searching the web, watch videos and doing surveys and more!
Cross Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:00 AM   #137
Curtis

Currrtissss's Gamercard

It's probly already been posted but...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jro0XkNbnGc

I think NextGenWalkthroughs has a better quality vid though.

x
Old 04-08-2007, 04:44 AM   #138
Synchroncity

Myself, and a friend from school decided to get our Insane achievements today. When we got to RAAM, we were sort of disappointed. We had fought all day to get to this position, and when we finally get up to the final boss, we kill him in under a minute. We had a pretty basic idea of what to do (Torque-Bow+Snipers). I don't know if anyone else on the forums has mentioned this, but you can take him down VERY fast if both you and your partner have snipers. Active Reloads and headshots drop RAAM in a minute tops.
Synchroncity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:23 AM   #139
Berginyon

Send a message via AIM to Berginyon

Berginyon's Gamercard
If You Are Playing Co-op I Highly Recommend Both Players Use Torque Bow, Raam Will Go Down Quickly, Just Make Sure You Hit Your Active Reloads.
Berginyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:07 AM   #140
Berginyon

Send a message via AIM to Berginyon

Berginyon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berginyon View Post
If You Are Playing Co-op I Highly Recommend Both Players Use Torque Bow, Raam Will Go Down Quickly, Just Make Sure You Hit Your Active Reloads.
SORRY, I SHOULD ELABORATE ON THIS A LITTLE. IF YOU WAIT IN THE LAST CAR BEFORE RAAM THE WEAPONS WILL RESPAWN, MY FRIEND AND I BOTH HAD A TORQUE BOW FULLY LOADED (12 ROUNDS) I HAD THE LANCER AND HE HAD A SNIPER RIFLE ALL WE DID WAS TORQUE BOW RAAM OVER AND OVER AGAIN WITH ACTIVE RELOADS I DID THROW A COUPLE OF NADES BUT I DONT THINK THEY DID MUCH. I WOULD SHOOT THE FIRST SHOT WHICH WOULD CLEAR THE KRYL AND WE WOULD BOTH HIT RAAM IN THE HEAD WITH ACTIVES AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. WE KILLED RAAM (ON INSANE MODE) BEFORE HE GOT TO US WHERE YOU FIRST TAKE COVER.
Berginyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:59 PM   #141
blackmagic16

Send a message via Skype™ to blackmagic16

BlackMagic16's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
well im too lazy to read EVery post on this thread but im just going to say what i know. So on insane i co-oped with a friend i sniped and mostly head shots and he torked him to take off krill, when he ran out ammo grandes work (cant remeber if he used em thou its been at least 3 months) or you can run into the dark for a few seconds when there arnt a billion kyrll in the sky to take off his sheild. On casual whitch im almost sure i beat RAAM by myself i dont know about explosions taking off shield at frist so when i needed his shields off i would run into the dark then run back into light then cover and shoot.

blackmagic16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 04:31 AM   #142
MrEastSide

Colonel Weener's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
OK, I have to vent. I know that I will beat this eventually, because I will. lol! But, I do have to complain. First of all, I love how Raam can see me no matter where I am, regardless of, if he has a ton of Kryll flying around in front of him, he can pinpoint me in a second and blow my head off. Secondly, I wish I could shoot Dom in the face myself, before we even enter that final platform, because he just gets in the way and distracts me. Then, it's great how they really didn't make this game at all playable from a close quarter combat perspective. The second Raam or any enemy gets near you, it's over. Cause you have to stick to a wall before going over it to run away. So anytime Ramm gets near me and I want to get away, I have to stick to a wall, then roll, then run, and by the time I get to running, I am toast. And finally, I wish it would just reload from the point of you walking onto that final platform, I think the part that annoys me the most isn't even that I can't beat him, it's the fact that I have to walk around to each side and collect my ammo every time. Man, that is a lot of fun! Go Epic! LOL!

EDIT: Oh, yeah, not to mention, when I run through the center of the last car directly through all the lights, the Kryll still kill me. It's bright as hell and shinning right on me, but they still swoop down and kill me. Cool!

EDIT 2: OK, I beat it. What a joke. And by joke I mean, what a joke that they made it so incredibly hard. You feel good once you finish it, but some of the unfair advantages they give the AI is really stupid!
After completing COD: Grenades at War on Veteran, I went after Treyarch's previous masterpiece: COD3. I could tell you it was on par. Unevenly distributed checkpoints (many between cutscenes, but very scarce between the BS moments) and no running available. As a result, I had 4 white hairs grown yesterday when I beat it at last.

Last edited by MrEastSide; 04-15-2007 at 05:18 AM.
MrEastSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 05:02 PM   #143
Fire Mage

HARDLUCKDUCK's Gamercard
I beat him on Hardcore with the Sniper and the Shotty.

What I did was used the Sniper at the beginning, while he was far away. When he gets up close to where you are hiding (the first cover spot), then I just started blindfiring with the Shotgun whenever the Kryll were sent after me. It took some luck though, because RAAM would sometimes come around to my side and I'd be dead.

That was a long time ago, too.

Now, I'm doing it on Insane.

Fire Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:27 AM   #144
COH ZAMORACK ZX

Send a message via MSN to COH ZAMORACK ZX

COH Zabusa 1992's Gamercard
here is the way i kicked his ass

if u are playing on xbox live tell ur friend to grab the sniper or the torque bow then as soon as the fight begins raam ll be covered with krylls use the torque bow to make the kryll go away then shoot the little dirty b*tch(shoot him about 10 times in the head)

Last edited by COH ZAMORACK ZX; 04-29-2007 at 01:28 AM. Reason: add information
COH ZAMORACK ZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:24 PM   #145
locust whore

morris1991's Gamercard
i tell you what i did , i killed that bastard till he died from it, i then proceeded to rape him , thus unlocking him
locust whore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 12:20 AM   #146
ilovehotdogs

Send a message via MSN to ilovehotdogs

ilovehotdogs's Gamercard
this has to be one of the easiest bosses, really wish they would have required some more strategy to beat him was very disappointed with the ending and the boss.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:03 AM   #147
TMANEDD

Send a message via AIM to TMANEDD Send a message via MSN to TMANEDD

TMANedd's Gamercard
Well

I thought it was pretty satisfying beating this guy on Insane, when that cut scene kicked in i was pretty hyped up! Im sure in a strange way the game makes you try it over and over failing, and then lets you do it sooner or later. It kinda felt like that.

TMANEDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 10:13 PM   #148
SteelerXBox360

Send a message via AIM to SteelerXBox360 Send a message via MSN to SteelerXBox360 Send a message via Yahoo to SteelerXBox360

iZoSo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Gears of War Annex Challenge Third Place   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
I finally beat him on Insane with help from my friend, TSJ c0nv1ct10n, Thanks man!!!

I went through everything myself on Insane expect RAAM and after a few days, spending at least a few hours total trying, I gave up, I just couldn't take watching that cut scene any more by myself

What worked for us was to just stay in the back and use the Torque Bow to scare off the Krull and each use Longshot when he was open. Once he got close more Torque Bow arrows and the key was when TSJ frag tagged him, one more TBA from me and he was done.

Last edited by SteelerXBox360; 05-19-2007 at 10:16 PM.
SteelerXBox360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 10:43 PM   #149
Curtis

Currrtissss's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerXBox360 View Post
I finally beat him on Insane with help from my friend, TSJ c0nv1ct10n, Thanks man!!!

I went through everything myself on Insane expect RAAM and after a few days, spending at least a few hours total trying, I gave up, I just couldn't take watching that cut scene any more by myself

What worked for us was to just stay in the back and use the Torque Bow to scare off the Krull and each use Longshot when he was open. Once he got close more Torque Bow arrows and the key was when TSJ frag tagged him, one more TBA from me and he was done.
Could have done it 10 years ago for you if you'd have asked. Congrats anyways.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:18 AM   #150
SteelerXBox360

Send a message via AIM to SteelerXBox360 Send a message via MSN to SteelerXBox360 Send a message via Yahoo to SteelerXBox360

iZoSo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Gears of War Annex Challenge Third Place   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
Could have done it 10 years ago for you if you'd have asked. Congrats anyways.
Thanks m8! Don't worry, I still need to go through as Dom, hopefully that offer still stands

SteelerXBox360 is offline   Reply With Quote