PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Puzzle and Word > The Maw
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-12-2011, 07:25 AM   #1
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Maw not moving

i got this game ages ago, but just started playing today. i was having fun until the looferland level where halfway through maw just stopped moving. i think its happened to other people but for future reference is there any way to move from it? it thought my maw was just stunned as i got hit by the turret, but the only reason i let myself get hit was because i had observed the maw to be invincible previously. is that how it happened to other people or was it just coincidence.

EDIT: it happened again. i think its actually possible to take to much damage and instead of dying the game glitches. oh and since you don't actually die there is no checkpoint to go back to either. i dont know why anyone says this is better than splosoin man and comic jumper, those games actually pose somewhat of a challenge, so they don't need to make up for there lack of difficulty by glitching. ive lost big respect for twited pixel here

guess i'll have to play more carefully, i wish the maw would move faster this is getting tedious. i might take a break this is just to boring

Last edited by hydrosugar; 06-12-2011 at 07:47 AM.
hydrosugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:11 PM   #2
tylerh1701

Tylerh1701's Gamercard
Exact same thing happened to me, right at the end of my replay of the Looferland level to get 100% eaten. I was extremely pissed, what a stupid way of having Maw die. I just assumed he was invincible.
tylerh1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:55 AM   #3
softerxsin495

S0FTERSIN's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The only real issue I've had was Maw was too big so I had issues manuvering and him getting stuck, but it was never permanent, thankfully. You can usually get him unstuck. Haven't had an occassion where he stopped moving though o_0

& I do agree, I wish Maw moved quicker. The game takes a lot longer because he is so slow... perhaps that was their goal considering how short the game already is? o_0

Still an okay game in my opinion. I bought it for half off during a Deal of the Week, so I am content.
100% Retail (360): 1
100% XBLA (360): 13
softerxsin495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:39 AM   #4
Corrupt.
Car of the Year

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   The Mighty Duck Face   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2
Total Awards: 47 (more» ...)
I agree, all great apart from that annoying achievement changing the clock times...

Currently Working on: TY The Tasmanian Tiger (W8)
Corrupt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:00 AM   #5
Dristoid

Dristoid's Gamercard
I was on the 6th level today and Maw got stuck inside a small area. I tried pushing him out and that didn't work, couldn't leash or call him. Had to restart the entire level which sucks.

Dristoid is offline   Reply With Quote